Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Wolfpup']Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

;)

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I adore Harry Potter...just not in questionable game form :lol:[/QUOTE]
Expelliarmus!!!

[quote name='sadboy']Expelliarmus!!![/QUOTE]

Hee hee :lol:

I can't be the only one who tried shouting some of those spells while I was reading those books LOL

[quote name='wolfwood78']Not at the moment.[/QUOTE]

Probably never. There are at least 4 CEs that are coming out and i want them. Fable, fallout, dead rising, and force unleashed. I'm not expecting a credit for any of them sadly...

I'd preorder Fable with that credit if I knew whether the PC one would have activation or not. If not, I'll spend more on it.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']I read that the PC version of Fable III isn't even coming out on the same day as the Xbox version.[/QUOTE]
No doubt a move by M$ to promote sales of the 360 version. Happens every fucking time and it's pathetic.

[quote name='Jodou']No doubt a move by M$ to promote sales of the 360 version. Happens every fucking time and it's pathetic.[/QUOTE]

It's not pathetic... I bet they do it because if they did a same-time release they would lose a lot of sales to pirating. This way they make it so if you REALLY wanna play Fable 3, you have to buy the 360 version. Then, when the PC version comes out, 75% of that market + some of the people on the fence for the 360 version can pirate the game.

I think it's pretty pathetic that Modern Warfare 2's PC version is being used by 75% pirated versions (thus the 75% for Fable 3 ;) ). PC gamers are lucky to get any games anymore these days with those kinds of numbers. Maybe if ya'll didn't pirate so much you'd get your games on time.

Those figures are made up, and besides, if they were true, they'd put the lie to activation doing anything once and for all.

How many sales will they lose by not selling it? I know a lot of guys who just skipped Fable 2 because they won't play stuff on console.

[quote name='Darknuke']It's not pathetic... I bet they do it because if they did a same-time release they would lose a lot of sales to pirating. This way they make it so if you REALLY wanna play Fable 3, you have to buy the 360 version. Then, when the PC version comes out, 75% of that market + some of the people on the fence for the 360 version can pirate the game.

I think it's pretty pathetic that Modern Warfare 2's PC version is being used by 75% pirated versions (thus the 75% for Fable 3 ;) ). PC gamers are lucky to get any games anymore these days with those kinds of numbers. Maybe if ya'll didn't pirate so much you'd get your games on time.[/QUOTE]

The pirating shit makes me laugh. If you go on ANY torrent or Warez site, there are TONS of 360 games readily available to download whenever. Madden 11 has been online for like two or three weeks now. It's not hard to mod an Xbox and it's not hard to easily steal games for it. I hate the piracy argument because they try to make it sound like PC users only steal while console users buy all their games.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Those figures are made up, and besides, if they were true, they'd put the lie to activation doing anything once and for all.

How many sales will they lose by not selling it? I know a lot of guys who just skipped Fable 2 because they won't play stuff on console.[/QUOTE]

They are not at all made up... I can't find the exact article I saw that stat at, but I did find this one http://www.istockanalyst.com/article/viewarticle/articleid/3753969. 4.1 million copies of MW2 on PC alone (this was over a 2 month period fyi). Almost 1 mil for 360.

I know pirating is happening for the 360, but not NEARLY as bad as the PC. When you could sell something and get 25% less pirating than another console, why wouldn't you release it on that console first? 75% seems made up to you guys because you don't want to believe something that ridiculous is true.

PC users are ruining that platform with their excessive pirating. It's disgusting and I have no pity for you all when you complain about not getting games on time or at all, but don't even pay for them in the first place. Blizzard is smart in that Starcraft 2 is practically pirate-proof with their new system. Otherwise they would be losing SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much money...

When it comes down to it, I don't really care that Fable II wasn't on PC, and I don't really care that Fable III will come out later on PC than on the 360. Why? Because there is no reason for me to even think about buying a game for PC that is also out on Xbox, Wii, or PS3. A game like Star Wars: The Old Republic is a PC game I will buy; because it's ONLY on PC. Console gaming is just easier, and let's face it; Xbox Live is better than trying to get all your friends together with their crappy computers.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Those figures are made up, and besides, if they were true, they'd put the lie to activation doing anything once and for all.

How many sales will they lose by not selling it? I know a lot of guys who just skipped Fable 2 because they won't play stuff on console.[/QUOTE]
This. Pending how long the delay is, they probably just lost a sale from me.
[quote name='SpockBlocker']Console gaming is just easier, and let's face it; Xbox Live is better than trying to get all your friends together with their crappy computers.[/QUOTE]LoL, cuz PC games have NEVER heard of a friends list! Have fun paying $50 just to play games online.

You usually get several months. I wouldn't worry about them expiring. And if you get close, I know you can buy XBL points and I imagine it's the same for Wii and PSN points.

Thx getting madden for like6 bucks from tradein flips from gazelle gonna put the credit towards last guardian can't wait for that. I hope they give credit for that as well

I think I'm in for Halo Reach with the $20. I'll probably take that $20 towards AC:Brotherhood. By that time I should have earned enough on my Amazon Visa for another $25 rewards cert. Get AC:B for $15 with a future $10 to follow. I may have to hold off on something like the new Spider-man game so I can use the $10 on it.

Is there any way to check if you have redeemed the credit like Mafia II collector's edition I thought had the 10 buck credit but now doesn't. So is there any way to check If I got that credit bonus for when it comes out?

[quote name='widge567']Is there any way to check if you have redeemed the credit like Mafia II collector's edition I thought had the 10 buck credit but now doesn't. So is there any way to check If I got that credit bonus for when it comes out?[/QUOTE]

Check your order confirmation I believe they started adding wording at the bottom of the order confirmation emails saying that your order qualifies for a credit.

Does anyone know if the amazon credit is still offered on the day of release? If i buy Madden 11 tomorrow will i get the credit? i cant buy it today because im waiting for a trade to get accepted.

[quote name='ds0gt']Does anyone know if the amazon credit is still offered on the day of release? If i buy Madden 11 tomorrow will i get the credit? i cant buy it today because im waiting for a trade to get accepted.[/QUOTE]
No one knows. Sometimes it is; sometimes it isn't.

oh yeah i remember bringing up the missing multiplayer character bonus when amazon added the $10 credit to ac: brotherhood, and i just saw that they now have some kind of special armor instead. not sure if it's for campaign or online play, but at least its something.

Seems like you have less time to use the credit. My Madden credit just posted and it says i have to use it by 9/30/2010!!!! No problem, I'll just preorder something, but still, a credit that expires the next month is ridiculous.

This is an excerpt from the e-mail I received:

Dear Amazon.com Customer, Thank you for purchasing Madden NFL 11 from Amazon.com. It is our pleasure to let you know that you have earned $20 toward the purchase of any video game product shipped and sold by Amazon.com until 9/30/2010. To redeem your reward, simply visit http://www.amazon.com/games, add a video game item to your shopping cart, and the discount will be automatically applied.

The promotional credit must be used by September 30, 2010. This offer is subject to Terms and Conditions.

Thanks again for shopping with us.

Amazon.com
Earth's Biggest Selection

So, a month and a half. That's kind of shitty, but NHL 11 and Halo: Reach are coming in September, so I do have stuff to use it on. I know at least one other credit I got from a game had an expiration date on it- may have been 9/30- but that was a couple months ago.

[quote name='Matt Young']This is an excerpt from the e-mail I received:

So, a month and a half. That's kind of shitty, but NHL 11 and Halo: Reach are coming in September, so I do have stuff to use it on. I know at least one other credit I got from a game had an expiration date on it- may have been 9/30- but that was a couple months ago.[/QUOTE]
I normally don't pay attention to the expiration dates that much, but this still doesn't seem that bad to me. I was hoping to use this credit + my Halo credit + my Mafia 2 credit to get a future release for $10, and it looks like I'll be able to. So I'm pretty happy about that.

How long did the credits used to last?

[quote name='Lucian']How long did the credits used to last?[/QUOTE]
They always vary, which is where the frustration and confusion comes from.Honestly, there's zero fucking reason why they should even impose expiration dates and it would make things a whole lot easier if they just issued Amazon credit that never expires instead. I ended up using a lot of my credit on PSN cards that I may never use just because the credit would've expired.

The Metroid Other M credit better not last 1 month long :/ I heard you can use the credit on preorders though even if the game comes out after the credit expires.

[quote name='Lucian']I normally don't pay attention to the expiration dates that much, but this still doesn't seem that bad to me. I was hoping to use this credit + my Halo credit + my Mafia 2 credit to get a future release for $10, and it looks like I'll be able to. So I'm pretty happy about that.

How long did the credits used to last?[/QUOTE]Some of the ones I remember from in the latter half of 2009 used to last 90 days, I think. I never had any issue with the expiration dates, since they tended to disappear in a few days to a week or two.

I know if they're starting to compress those expiration dates, I'll certainly keep better track of the timeframes.

I believe as long as you put your credit towards an order prior to the expiration date, you're ok. It shouldn't matter when that order ships.

Anyone else who preordered "Madden" not receive their $20 credit yet? Please respond, so that I may take comfort in the delayed gratification of others!

Received my $20 Madden credit yesterday. Noteworthy because (for me) this is the first time I remember automatically getting a credit from a game I had added to an old ECA order. In the past, I've always had to email them.

[quote name='shrike4242']Some of the ones I remember from in the latter half of 2009 used to last 90 days, I think. I never had any issue with the expiration dates, since they tended to disappear in a few days to a week or two.

I know if they're starting to compress those expiration dates, I'll certainly keep better track of the timeframes.[/QUOTE]
In my mind my credits are usually spent before they get applied to my account, so I guess that's why I never worried about expiration dates before. :D

I got both Madden credits, $20 for the PS3 and $10 for the PSP yesterday, I just decided to buy 3 $10 PSN cards with it, something I'll need anyway.

I have a question about these credits. Let's say I place a pre-order with a 20 dollar credit, then I end up getting another 10 dollar credit from something else. Can I cancel that preorder, get that 20$ back, then re-pre-order it with all 30$? Or will that initial 20$ be lost?

[quote name='Zaku77']I have a question about these credits. Let's say I place a pre-order with a 20 dollar credit, then I end up getting another 10 dollar credit from something else. Can I cancel that preorder, get that 20$ back, then re-pre-order it with all 30$? Or will that initial 20$ be lost?[/QUOTE]
You can cancel a pre-order that you placed with gaming credit(s) and get the credits back as long as they haven't expired at the time of canceling.

Now if the credits have already expired, they will be lost if you cancel the order. Now, I haven't actually tried this so don't quote me. If you call amazon and have your new game added to that order, and then cancel the game that you don't want, perhaps the credits would still stick to the order since you're essentially switching game products.

its not too late to pre order Metroid other m and get the $20 pre order credit is it?

hope not cause i'll use that $20 credit to get Halo reach, then use that $20 credit to get call of duty , then use that $20 credit to get fallout new vegas lol

bread's done
Back