Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='panzerjedi']Amazon just added $20 credit promo for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
http://www.amazon.com/Castlevania-Lords-Shadow-Xbox-360/dp/B002GPPPS4/

All versions too, including the Limited Editions.[/QUOTE]

I can't NOT buy it at that rate. I ordered the Xbox version but in this case I hope someone can specify the better version. I hope it's not a case of either or but I'm getting a flashback of the day Bayonetta and Darksiders came out. "Get this one for that system and this one for that system." I think Darksiders fixed the tearing issues on 360 but PS# Bayonetta was still messed up. o_O

Nice, ordered KH:BBS for $43.XX with free release day shipping, PSP decals and $10 game credit. great deal, thanks op

[quote name='Xerxes']I can't NOT buy it at that rate. I ordered the Xbox version but in this case I hope someone can specify the better version. I hope it's not a case of either or but I'm getting a flashback of the day Bayonetta and Darksiders came out. "Get this one for that system and this one for that system." I think Darksiders fixed the tearing issues on 360 but PS# Bayonetta was still messed up. o_O[/QUOTE]
The 360 version is coming on two discs (the first you install, the second you play) so I went with the ps3 version. Not a big deal, but at the same price it's just easier (and probably saves more disk space).

[quote name='Hostile']C'mon Kirby's Epic Yarn![/QUOTE]

I hope it has a $20 credit so I can use my Metroid: Other M credit on it (like I used my Super Mario Galaxy $20 credit on Metroid!).

I hope the $20 cycle lives on!

[quote name='hockeyfun66@']Joystiq has an article about Gamerdeals having a forum with all the Amazon's video game gift card article. I was shocked to see that it wasn't from this listing.[/QUOTE]The only benefit to that other site having their list is that they do break it up per system and we're just lumping it together in a single listing per item.

Minor quibbles aside, I know our list has been going for much longer than any other sites, so I assume that if they're putting up a list, they're "borrowing" the idea from us.

[quote name='poison_SHADOW']Finally pre-ordered Dead Rising 2 thanks to the .99 cent release date shipping.[/QUOTE]

I was just about to do the same, but now I see that the price is up to $59.99. For a long time it was at $55.99 (or was it $56.99). Anyway, it's only a few bucks, but it's still annoying. I think I'll wait to see what Kmart's offer is.

I'm hoping they put a $20 on either of the NBA games, it'd sway me to buy the other, or if they do both I'd still have a tough choice to make.

[quote name='Amblix']I'm hoping they put a $20 on either of the NBA games, it'd sway me to buy the other, or if they do both I'd still have a tough choice to make.[/QUOTE]

No kidding. 2K has Jordan but Elite has NBA Jam. Tough call.

[quote name='lilman']The 360 version is coming on two discs (the first you install, the second you play) so I went with the ps3 version. Not a big deal, but at the same price it's just easier (and probably saves more disk space).[/QUOTE]

I have both systems but I normally go with preferred controller 360. Unless there is glaring issues with one.

Quick question...im trying to preorder COD:BO. it says the order total is $65.XX. it doesnt show the order total as $5.00.will i be charged the full amount soon as i order?or does it charge me the $5 preorder now and charge the $60+ in November when it ships? i wanna be sure cuz i cant pay the full amount now.

[quote name='digital83']Quick question...im trying to preorder COD:BO. it says the order total is $65.XX. will i be charged the full amount soon as i order?or does it charge me the $5 preorder now and charge the $60+ in November when it ships? i wanna be sure cuz i cant pay the full amount now.[/QUOTE]
Will only charge you when it ships, it will be order total on the day they ship it out.

[quote name='digital83']Thanks dude for the speedy reply!now i can commit.[/QUOTE]

And by commit you mean you're free to cancel at any time :)

[quote name='digital83']LMAO, no im definetly buying it. no way ill find a better deal w/o having to travel so theres gas savings too![/QUOTE]
Good luck on trying to stop ordering, that credit hooks you in :bouncy:

[quote name='A.Z.']If i order Halo reach standard edition and limited edition, do i get two $20 game credit?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Just one. And most likely the one you did not want keep.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']No kidding. 2K has Jordan but Elite has NBA Jam. Tough call.[/QUOTE]

really not tough at all.. 2k all the way.

Don't get me wrong.. id love to play Jam.. screw ea for tying it to nba elite.. 2k just looks tooo good.

Anyways I jumped on 2k11 preorder months ago at the 49.99 price. so the gc makes the price extra sweet.

[quote name='guyver2077']Don't get me wrong.. id love to play Jam.. screw ea for tying it to nba elite.. 2k just looks tooo good.[/QUOTE]Agreed. NBA Jam will see release, at some point, without being tied to NBA Elite.

Nice, will preorder castlevania.

Damn, these credit deals are amazing. I've stopped buying $60 games for the most part out of principle, but these deals make it possible for me to justify games day one.

[quote name='malalrd']Nope. Just one. And most likely the one you did not want keep.[/QUOTE]

Yup. One per Amazon account / e-mail address. ;-)

[quote name='Double-J']Darn, the Dead Rising 2 $10 off preorder appears to be dead. :([/QUOTE]
It still shows up on the page for me.

[quote name='mitnosi']It still shows up on the page for me.[/QUOTE]

Really? When did you preorder? All I see on the preorder page (for PS3 and 360, respectively) are:

[quote name='PS3 version']Pre-order Dead Rising 2, for PS3, and get a Dead Rising 2 Theme featuring Chuck Greene wielding his signature Paddle Saw on the zombie infested strip in Fortune City. Access code will be e-mailed within five business days after your order ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. Limit one per customer. [/QUOTE]

[quote name='360 version']Pre-order Dead Rising 2, for Xbox 360, and get items for your Xbox LIVE avatar, featuring Chuck Greene’s iconic yellow motocross jacket, jeans and one of the new combo weapons--the super slicer. Access code will be e-mailed within five business days after your order ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. Limit one per customer. [/QUOTE]

Maybe they had so many preorders they got rid of the $10 bonus except for those who preordered in the first wave? I'm not sure.

Edit: I'm dumb. I'm used to seeing the $10 bonus in the little box right under the price, but if you click on special offers, it is clearly there. Wow. Disregard my posts.

I was trying to hold out on Reach until I got it in my Gold Box, but I finally broke down in fear I'd miss the $20 credit. When I got to checkout, it automatically applied my $5 credit I got for ordering the $5 magazine subs a while back- I'd completely forgot about it since I don't order much new from Amazon, and it expires in three days. If you've got one of those credits, make sure you use it before the tenth!

[quote name='Dranakin']I wonder if Medal of Honor will get bumped up to $20 credit...and if GameStop will match any credit offer.[/QUOTE]
We can hope, but it seems like it was forever ago that Walmart made it a $20 bonus.

[quote name='Lucian']We can hope, but it seems like it was forever ago that Walmart made it a $20 bonus.[/QUOTE]

Right. Man, too bad I don't care for WalMart's ecard.

[quote name='zohar']Anyone else notice that the Black Ops credit is gone from the page?[/QUOTE]

Yes, and I'm really sad...was gonna wait for the Reach credit to get sent through before I preordered...That game was a slam dunk at $40 (20 from reach credit) and the additional 20 dollar credit....but it's a lot less of a slam dunk at only 40 bucks flat....

I'm hoping it goes back up....they did this with Madden and NCAA before and it was up in about a week...hopefully it's just a glitch or something

bread's done
Back