Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
Just curious and I'm sorry if this has been responded to before. Do the gaming credits from Amazon have an expiration date? I've googled around and haven't really been able to find a concrete answer. Something in the 1 - 2 month range?

[quote name='Peacec']Just curious and I'm sorry if this has been responded to before. Do the gaming credits from Amazon have an expiration date? I've googled around and haven't really been able to find a concrete answer. Something in the 1 - 2 month range?[/QUOTE]
They do, they give the expiration date in the email where you're notified of receiving the credit after the game ships.

[quote name='Peacec']Just curious and I'm sorry if this has been responded to before. Do the gaming credits from Amazon have an expiration date? I've googled around and haven't really been able to find a concrete answer. Something in the 1 - 2 month range?[/QUOTE]
They usually expire in a month or two. However, if there's a game that you want that's released later than that, just make sure you preorder it within that time period and you're all good.

[quote name='rp71284']OK here we go again with Amazon.

Did anybody's Halo Reach ship yet? I swear to fucking god, if they pull the same bullshit that they did with Metroid and ship it out on the release date, I will return that shit and bitch at every CS that I can get a hold of.

Amazon... slowly turning into the Dell of online shopping stores :([/QUOTE]

If you look on your order details for Halo Reach on amazon. I t will tell you when they will ship it, and when you should get it,. For me it says shipping estimate is on the 13, and delivery estimate is the 14.

Did anybody's Halo Reach ship yet? I swear to fucking god, if they pull the same bullshit that they did with Metroid and ship it out on the release date, I will return that shit and bitch at every CS that I can get a hold of.

I also had Metroid ship a day late and Mafia 2 but I canceled Mafia 2 out of nerd rage. O_O If it doesn't ship or switch to shipping soon by around 6pm your time the lastest today then you get your bitch on sir!

Go to best buy, buy a copy, get a free $20 GC, keep the receipt, and return the copy you get from Amazon when it finally comes in. You get Reach asap and a free Best Buy GC, lol.

Tell ya, I love me some Amazon, but it seems like I need to pay attention. I got on the DR2 for $48 train, checked the order a week ago, and in my open orders it jumped from $48 to $56 I believe. I even have the email confirmation. I was on the fence with the purchase and didnt feel like fighting with amazon, so I just canceled it.

Now I had preordered Black Ops through them which had the $20 credit, and now thats gone. I had that, Halo Reach, Medal of Honor, and Naruto UNS 2 preordered with free release date delivery on each (prime trial), but we'll see. They've been rock solid forever, so its odd to see some flaky stuff from them recently. I still have faith in them.

[quote name='kitkatjam23']Tell ya, I love me some Amazon, but it seems like I need to pay attention. I got on the DR2 for $48 train, checked the order a week ago, and in my open orders it jumped from $48 to $56 I believe. I even have the email confirmation. I was on the fence with the purchase and didnt feel like fighting with amazon, so I just canceled it.

Now I had preordered Black Ops through them which had the $20 credit, and now thats gone. I had that, Halo Reach, Medal of Honor, and Naruto UNS 2 preordered with free release date delivery on each (prime trial), but we'll see. They've been rock solid forever, so its odd to see some flaky stuff from them recently. I still have faith in them.[/QUOTE]

If you preorder Black Ops during the promotion period, you will still get the 20 credit.

[quote name='Armads']Go to best buy, buy a copy, get a free $20 GC, keep the receipt, and return the copy you get from Amazon when it finally comes in. You get Reach asap and a free Best Buy GC, lol.[/QUOTE]
Doesn't work like that; they charge you $20 for the GC, so you'll only get $40 for the return plus the 500 points will not apply at the end of 30 days. Better off picking one up at GS and returning it there when the order arrives.

Damn. I've been waiting to pre-order Black Ops until after I had my 20 dollar credit for Halo Reach. Well, either Amazon puts their original offer back up and I pay 40 dollars for Black Ops, or I buy it elsewhere and save my Reach credit until I can get a $19.99 game for free.

On the bright side, Amazon did lower my release date delivery down to 99 cents without me asking them about it.

I don't know where this deal is on the forums, and I'm too timid to try and make my own thread, but Amazon is offering a $30 credit when you buy Kinect and one launch title (so basically $30 off $200). Link is here.

Might be enough to push me over the edge on Dance Central. Sorry if this is a repost from somewhere else.

Now we know why the 20 dollar credit on black ops was pulled down, they now have a an exclusive Limited Edition Laser Cell & Wallpaper instead. I wonder if those who got in on the 20 deal will get both.

hm, it doesn't say anything about being extended to existing preorders, like almost every other one of amazon's promos has said. so i'm actually thinking they don't plan on offering it to prior orders.

[quote name='bcjohnnie']I don't know where this deal is on the forums, and I'm too timid to try and make my own thread, but Amazon is offering a $30 credit when you buy Kinect and one launch title (so basically $30 off $200). Link is here.

Might be enough to push me over the edge on Dance Central. Sorry if this is a repost from somewhere else.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

I can't imagine what hell Amazon has put themselves through with these Release-Date Shipping Halo Reach orders. That has to be why they're taking so long. I can't help but wonder what Amazon would/will do for the orders that don't arrive on Release Day, though.

I think it depends on the location of the amazon warehouse.

For example, i live on Newark, NJ however, there seems to be a warehouse down on Newark, DE.
Delaware is below NJ and any amazon shipment that gets shipped on the afternoon should be on Newark, NJ by the following day.
Meaning that overnight, my shipment will have traveled to its destination and the following day will be given to me.

Be aware that Amazon doesnt have one warehouse.
They carry many across the united states.
the people who do not live around the warehouse, may get shipped 2 days or earlier than others.

[quote name='cRodz']I think it depends on the location of the amazon warehouse.

For example, i live on Newark, NJ however, there seems to be a warehouse down on Newark, DE.
Delaware is below NJ and any amazon shipment that gets shipped on the afternoon should be on Newark, NJ by the following day.
Meaning that overnight, my shipment will have traveled to its destination and the following day will be given to me.

Be aware that Amazon doesnt have one warehouse.
They carry many across the united states.
the people who do not live around the warehouse, may get shipped 2 days or earlier than others.[/QUOTE]

this. i live in NJ too and i usually don't get a shipping notification until around 11pm on mon night for RDD, but have yet to have an order not arrive on release day.

[quote name='Teh Reaper']has anybodys halo reach copy shipped yet? mine still says "shipping soon" anybody else still like that?[/QUOTE]Mine just shipped

Can you use these amazon credits towards game systems, accessories, and games? I think I might save up these credits and put them toward a PS3 if possible.

My Reach LE hasn't shipped yet either. But, IIRC, my copy of the Mass Effect 2 LE didn't ship till 5 or 6 PM the night before as well.

These $10/$20 credit promos disappearing has me a bit worried.

I should probably lock in my Castlevania LE order with the $20 in right now before its gone.:whistle2:#

[quote name='Nelo Ice']my copy of reach shipped this morning and i got my promo credit an hour ago[/QUOTE]

wth? You already got the credit? I swear, I always wait the full 2 days for it...

[quote name='SpockBlocker']wth? You already got the credit? I swear, I always wait the full 2 days for it...[/QUOTE]

yep same thing happened with other m got my credit the same day it shipped

[quote name='SpockBlocker']Can you use these amazon credits towards game systems, accessories, and games? I think I might save up these credits and put them toward a PS3 if possible.[/QUOTE]

Don't quote me on it, but they say "next gaming purchase", so I don't see why it wouldn't work on a console. Then again, maybe someone has tried and been denied?

[quote name='grap3fruitman']I emailed asking if I had preordered Black Ops on two different systems during the promo period, if I would have gotten both credits and this is the response I got:

AmazonBlackOps2.png

WAT

I'm going back and taking screen shots of all my pending preorders right now, I only did it for a handful "just in case" but that's because I haven't had issues before. Now I'm making sure because this is bullshit if I don't get it.

On top of that, he didn't answer my question. =P

Edit: Crap, the $10 promo offer is missing from Dead Rising 2's page now. Argh! Got all my other screenshots though, I think. Did Fallout New Vegas ever have an offer? Just for the standard edition and just on consoles. Nevermind![/QUOTE]

lol. why are you guys sending CS screen caps? They know about the promotions. They just took it off because walmart did.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']Can you use these amazon credits towards game systems, accessories, and games? I think I might save up these credits and put them toward a PS3 if possible.[/QUOTE]

haven't tried in a while but last black friday I used a bunch of 'em on a DS lite... got the out of pocket down to 15 bucks or so.

[quote name='the_legend_of_drtre']lol. why are you guys sending CS screen caps? They know about the promotions. They just took it off because walmart did.[/QUOTE]
Where did I state that I sent customer service a screen cap?

LOL Amazon now has a new preorder bonus for Call of Duty Black Ops..........but its not a $20 credit.Now you can receive a Limited Edition Laser Cell and Wallpaper with qualifing preorders, they also have the right to terminate this promotion at anytime. A Laser Cell makes up for no $20 credit right???????

Is it just a coincidence that there are now preorder bonuses after the credits were removed? I mean, Gamestop had the double-sided posters as a bonus for a while, and extras are generally announced more than 2 months before release like what we are seeing here.

In any case, I'm still in for the $20 credit...

Ok I'm pissed. I just went to check on my COD order and found out it was canceled. I had got in on the $50 + $20 credit, and now they go and remove the credit. I have a lot of love built up for Amazon, but this is some shady gamestop bullshit right here. If anyone thinks they are getting it at that price mistake I would definitely check your order and make sure they didn't stealth cancel it.

I'm pretty sure it was a big deal when they canceled those orders originally about a month ago. You should check your email more often.

This happened just over 2 weeks ago. Also Amazon sends me several emails every day, I don't check every order confirmation. The fact remains this is bullshit.

[quote name='Viol8tor']These $10/$20 credit promos disappearing has me a bit worried.

I should probably lock in my Castlevania LE order with the $20 in right now before its gone.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

I just placed/locked in my Castlevania: LOS pre-order w/ $20 GC as well. If anyone else is considering this game, get it now before Amazon pulls the GC on this too.

bread's done
Back