Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
Never received my Fallout credit so I emailed Amazon and was awarded a $10 credit (usable on ANY item shipped and sold by Amazon) within 24 hours.

I'm starting to hope I don't receive the credit initially as they always give me a vastly preferable generic one when they botch the promotional video game credit.

Did anybody else preorder the Fable III Limited Edition? I looked at the page, the $20 credit is still there, but now the product is shipped and sold by Target. Looks like it sold out on Amazon. I hope they don't mess this up and not deliver like they did with the Fallout NV Collector's Edition...

[quote name='SpockBlocker']Did anybody else preorder the Fable III Limited Edition? I looked at the page, the $20 credit is still there, but now the product is shipped and sold by Target. Looks like it sold out on Amazon. I hope they don't mess this up and not deliver like they did with the Fallout NV Collector's Edition...[/QUOTE]
It's weird it seems like a few places don't have the CE in stock at the moment. Both Amazon and Walmart have been out for awhile now.

A couple things to mention:

1. I pre-ordered Majin & The Forsaken Kingdom with 2 day shipping since RDD was not available at the time. I got an email today telling me it was available for RDD so they auto upgraded my order. First time I've had that happen. Usually I have to keep checking for RDD to see if its available and change it manually myself. So props to Amazon for that, but:

2. I look at my Black Ops order today and I see the order now says Black Ops with laser cell. I didnt order with the laser cell and I dont care for a damn laser cell. I want my $20 credit which was what I ordered it with. So hopefully they are just giving me both and not trying to switch it out on me. I'm already getting a hell of a deal on it thanks to them trying to cancel my order before, but still this isn't what I ordered...they better not screw up again is all I'll say for now.

3. Bulletstorm has a $10 credit at Walmart.com now, so I'm sure Amazon will match it at some point. Kind of looking forward to this game.

[quote name='ShockandAww']A couple things to mention:

1. I pre-ordered Majin & The Forsaken Kingdom with 2 day shipping since RDD was not available at the time. I got an email today telling me it was available for RDD so they auto upgraded my order. First time I've had that happen. Usually I have to keep checking for RDD to see if its available and change it manually myself. So props to Amazon for that, but:

2. I look at my Black Ops order today and I see the order now says Black Ops with laser cell. I didnt order with the laser cell and I dont care for a damn laser cell. I want my $20 credit which was what I ordered it with. So hopefully they are just giving me both and not trying to switch it out on me. I'm already getting a hell of a deal on it thanks to them trying to cancel my order before, but still this isn't what I ordered...they better not screw up again is all I'll say for now.

3. Bulletstorm has a $10 credit at Walmart.com now, so I'm sure Amazon will match it at some point. Kind of looking forward to this game.[/QUOTE]

My order says Black ops with laser cell too, but there's no product picture and when i click on the item i get: Looking for something?
We're sorry. The Web address you entered is not a functioning page on our site

[quote name='hawkhogan']My order says Black ops with laser cell too, but there's no product picture and when i click on the item i get: Looking for something?
We're sorry. The Web address you entered is not a functioning page on our site[/QUOTE]
yep same thing for me.

Edit: Talked to Amazon CS about it and I'm getting both the $20 promo and the Laser Cell.
From my Amazon Live Chat:

Anshu:I have checked the details of this order, it will be applied within 2 business days after the order ship out.
Me:eek:k so I will get the laser cell and the $20 promo credit right?
Me:because the order changed and now says black ops with laser cell
Anshu:Absolutely
Me:Great thanks

My order also says Laser Cell, and they've charged me for the purchase. Previously, they've only charged me when they're about to ship it. That'd be cool if they broke street date.

Ordered Kirby on Fri (10/22) and got the $10 credit this morning (10/24). Expires 01/31/2011.

My CoD order also now says "with Laser Cel".

[quote name='SpockBlocker']I have no hope in them honoring the $20 credit for everyone who preorderd Black Ops months ago, before they took it down.[/QUOTE]
They will I can almost guarantee it. You may have to send some emails, but that's nothing new. I've ordered from them I don't know how many times, and though it may take some extra work on your part even though it shouldn't, I've never once not gotten everything I was supposed to get from them. Or if I didn't get something they at least more than made up for it with credits to my account.

[quote name='mindsale']My order also says Laser Cell, and they've charged me for the purchase. Previously, they've only charged me when they're about to ship it. That'd be cool if they broke street date.[/QUOTE]
Yeah that's odd. They definitely dont normally charge until something is shipped. It doesn't say it shipped does it? If not I'd contact them and see what's going on with it. Of course if they did ship it, contacting them is the last thing you'd want to do :)

[quote name='ShockandAww']They will I can almost guarantee it. You may have to send some emails, but that's nothing new. I've ordered from them I don't know how many times, and though it may take some extra work on your part even though it shouldn't, I've never once not gotten everything I was supposed to get from them. Or if I didn't get something they at least more than made up for it with credits to my account.

Yeah that's odd. They definitely dont normally charge until something is shipped. It doesn't say it shipped does it? If not I'd contact them and see what's going on with it. Of course if they did ship it, contacting them is the last thing you'd want to do :)[/QUOTE]

No, it doesn't say that it's shipped, but I've been billed for it. Maybe it'll ship tomorrow. If it does, I wonder what it'll Ebay for two weeks before release.

Well my pre-order of COD was canceled. I got this email saying "Unfortunately, when we contacted our supplier, we learned that Call of Duty: Black Ops with Laser Cell is no longer available. Therefore, this item has been canceled from your order". Plus i had a $20 game credit locked up. Is this happening to anybody else?

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Well my pre-order of COD was canceled. I got this email saying "Unfortunately, when we contacted our supplier, we learned that Call of Duty: Black Ops with Laser Cell is no longer available. Therefore, this item has been canceled from your order". Plus i had a $20 game credit locked up. Is this happening to anybody else?[/QUOTE]

My preorder is still good but I put it in a long time ago.

^ Crap! I really hope that that doesn't happen. Or I will rage. Alot. And probably wind up with more than $20 credit. Amazon seems to favor those who buy alot from them. I bought probably more than $1000 worth of stuff in the last 6 months /brag. :p

So does anybody know what's going on with our Black Ops preorders?

I preordered months ago when the $20 credit was there, now my order says "Black Ops with Laser Cel" and there is no product picture.

I swear, I think they're trying to get all the orders with $20 credits screwed up...

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Well my pre-order of COD was canceled. I got this email saying "Unfortunately, when we contacted our supplier, we learned that Call of Duty: Black Ops with Laser Cell is no longer available. Therefore, this item has been canceled from your order". Plus i had a $20 game credit locked up. Is this happening to anybody else?[/QUOTE]

There's another Black ops (with a different item # on the url); it doesn't include the laser cell: http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Bla..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1287973773&sr=1-1

My order now reads: "Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date. You can cancel at any time"

I don't care about no laser cell, i just want the game!

my black ops order still shows nov 9 delivery date but the pic is gone and it no longer links to a page.

also had the rockband 3 keyboard bundle ordered for xbox and it's showing oct 29 delivery but the page no longer shows it as available and to sign up for notification.

getting a little worried about these.

Wow guys. I had a convo with an indian cs rep, he wouldn't help me AT ALL and said i could not get my 20 dollar gaming credit back if i ordered a game with the Nov 9 release date, he also kept telling me that the old Black ops product and new listing were "different products" even though its the same game.... so i spoke on the phone with a guy named Jordan, not only did he decide to give me 5 extra dollars on the credit for all the hassle besides the 20 i had gotten from Medal of honor, AND i wound up with the original 20 dollar gaming credit amazon used to offer for Black Ops!! None of the indian cs rep had told me i had that much credit! So in the end, i got 45 dollars in credit!!! Jordan even stayed on the phone while i placed my new updated order with all the credit to make sure it all worked out!! Here's a screenshot:

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/5383/blackopsdealoftheyear.jpg

Damn, if Amazon really wants to change our orders with Black Ops and give us so much trouble, I'll just go pick the damn game up at gamestop and save myself from waiting all day on UPS. That $20 credit isn't that important to me...

Dunno, just had a live chat on amazon with a CS rep and she said she'd forward it to marketing department or something, and i got this email:
I understand your concern regarding the $20.00 promotion that was supposed to be received for the item "Call of Duty: Black Ops Hardened Edition".

Kindly note that you'll receive the promotion two days after your item ships out.

We expected to ship your order on November 10, 2010.

If you do not receive the promotion three days after your order has been shipped, please let us know by visiting the below URL so that we can investigate further :

I'm kind of concerned that it is shipping out on November 10th, when it comes out on the 9th, I have release date shipping on it..

[quote name='Afflicted']my black ops order still shows nov 9 delivery date but the pic is gone and it no longer links to a page.

getting a little worried about these.[/QUOTE]
IIRC my Medal of Honor preorder did this, too. I thought that maybe it had something to do with the 'Limited Edition' stock availability...

I'm worried about CoD:BO pre-order as well

Mine has a link to nowhere

I fear that to fix this they're going to have to cancel the order and log it again. Which would cost me the 20 dollar credit I had from initially preordering this

Who feels like getting on the Customer Chat and figuring it out? I would but I've been in touch with them about 10 times (no joke) over the last week with my Fallout being delayed, my Fable going from release date to 2 day shipping, price adjustments not taking place, and various other things that make me dislike Amazon all of the sudden

[quote name='H3xum']I'm worried about CoD:BO pre-order as well

Mine has a link to nowhere

I fear that to fix this they're going to have to cancel the order and log it again. Which would cost me the 20 dollar credit I had from initially preordering this

Who feels like getting on the Customer Chat and figuring it out? I would but I've been in touch with them about 10 times (no joke) over the last week with my Fallout being delayed, my Fable going from release date to 2 day shipping, price adjustments not taking place, and various other things that make me dislike Amazon all of the sudden[/QUOTE]

from just a few posts up.

[quote name='ShockandAww']yep same thing for me.

Edit: Talked to Amazon CS about it and I'm getting both the $20 promo and the Laser Cell.
From my Amazon Live Chat:

Anshu:I have checked the details of this order, it will be applied within 2 business days after the order ship out.
Me:eek:k so I will get the laser cell and the $20 promo credit right?
Me:because the order changed and now says black ops with laser cell
Anshu:Absolutely
Me:Great thanks[/QUOTE]

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Still no New Vegas credit and no Dead Rising 2 avatar code. :/[/QUOTE]
I had to live chat to get my Vegas credit, I sent 2 emails before that and got nothing but 2 CS dumbass replies.

Wait, so wassup with the 360 Black Ops order? It says

"Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available.

Product Alert
If this item is appearing in Your Account, you are scheduled to receive "Call of Duty: Black Ops," the game, bundled with an exclusive Laser Cel. The exclusive Laser Cel is a limited edition gift with purchase, and is not currently available with new orders. Check out our Black Ops headquarters for Call of Duty history, customer trivia, multimedia, and more."

Does that mean all existing orders are still planned to be shipped, but all new orders will have to wait?

[quote name='fieldkillah']Just got my Fable 3 limited edition credit.[/QUOTE]Same here.

Now, if they'd just get me my DR2 pre-order item, it'll be a good thing.

Question for anyone who might know the answer

The Fable LE credit says it expires 12/31/10...if I put it towards a pre-order for a game that comes out next year (Deus Ex

[quote name='H3xum']Question for anyone who might know the answer

The Fable LE credit says it expires 12/31/10...if I put it towards a pre-order for a game that comes out next year (Deus Ex

[quote name='Jodou']Wow, Amazon is on the ball with Fable III. Already got my exclusive DLC and $20 credit before the game arrives today.[/QUOTE]
Good to hear that you got it that quickly, though I'm still waiting on mine. Did you buy the regular edition or the LE?

I'm still waiting on my Fable III Credit also (standard edition), I did get my code for the DLC already though.

EDIT- My Fable IIII credit just showed up

Got my credit for Fable 3 and Force Unleased II today - first time in a while I got it automatically without having to email Amazon.

Wow, Fable III DLC and VG code on date of release, and still no Fallout: New Vegas credit and not to mention the Dead Rising 2 avatar code.

Another email to Amazon. *sigh*

[quote name='H3xum']Question for anyone who might know the answer

bread's done
Back