Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
I also got all three credits today, which surprised me. After having no luck with Castlevania and Fallout, this morning right away I had Fable III, Sims 3 and Rock Band 3 codes. Maybe its the power of three because I had three installments of three games I got three credits on time.

woo just got fable 3 and TFU2 delivered. now the only thing i need to wait for is the bonus codes for TFU2, but otherwise superb job amazon.

I assume this will work, but wanted to ask if anyone knows- I just got a $10 credit from RB3 today; if I cancel my pre-order for Need for Speed (NOT made when the Shift deal was open, just the $20) and make a new order so I can apply the $10 credit, I still will get the $20 credit from ordering NFS, right? It's not like you're awarded it when you order and you won't get it again..?

[quote name='Justin42']I assume this will work, but wanted to ask if anyone knows- I just got a $10 credit from RB3 today; if I cancel my pre-order for Need for Speed (NOT made when the Shift deal was open, just the $20) and make a new order so I can apply the $10 credit, I still will get the $20 credit from ordering NFS, right? It's not like you're awarded it when you order and you won't get it again..?[/QUOTE]

As long as it is still being offered on the item's page, you should be fine.

If you want to be really paranoid about it though, you can try calling up (or emailing) amazon's customer service and see if they can apply that credit to your active order. They did that for me a while back on Halo: Reach.

I got my Fable III credit, I have a question about the pre-order bonus though...is it being e-mailed or was I supposed to recieve it with the game..becaue it wasn't there.

[quote name='SLeeK719']I got my Fable III credit, I have a question about the pre-order bonus though...is it being e-mailed or was I supposed to recieve it with the game..becaue it wasn't there.[/QUOTE]
Champion Hammer and Balance Tattoo and the Villager Maker bonuses should be emailed.

Still waiting on my fallout credit too...

I was going to use the castlevania credit, half of it, on eye of the north for guild wars. Amazon doesn't sell it though, only fulfills it from other sellers, so prime but no coupon use. Ok, I'll just use this 20 on another 1600 points card and the other 20 on something else when it comes in. I'm not allowed to buy anymore 1600 cards, forever or just a set amount of time I'm not sure, because of how many I've bought. Only 1 recently though...I'm sure it's detailed somewhere what their policy is on this.

So, I guess I wait to have both credits and buy a 4000 point card. Fun stuff. Strategy guides don't count for these credits right?

Got my Fable 3 credit today...just as I received my New Vegas credit on that game's release date. For all of you who haven't received your $10 Fallout credit by now, I highly suggest you email Amazon.

ok so im a little confused. so last night i downloaded the "free weapons" dlc for fable 3 that was on the marketplace. when i got the email from amazon for the exclusive weapon and tattoo, i put that into my queue too. when i got my copy of the game, inside was a code for day 1 dlc. i went to the xbox website to put it in, but when i did it kept giving me an error page. so i logged onto my xbox (which gave me some error which i cheked and seems like its when the marketplace has server issues) and put it in manually, but it told me i already had it in my queue. when i try to put it in again now it tells me i already downloaded it. but if i look at the files in my xbox i have 2 things downloaded under "fableiii_retailers". if i go in my download history on the website, it shows all 3 items, but if i try to download the free game content that was in the case, it tells me its not available.

i cant tell if i got screwed or not.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Wow, Fable III DLC and VG code on date of release, and still no Fallout: New Vegas credit and not to mention the Dead Rising 2 avatar code.

Another email to Amazon. *sigh*[/QUOTE]

last time they gave out money because of a late dlc code that I remember was for tekken 6... it took a long time till they finally sent out that code... in fact I had forgotten that I was supposed to be getting one...

so what I'm saying... don't expect the dr2 code anytime soon.

Still waiting for my copy of Fable III to be shipped. Got the free weapons & the free villager but yet to ship and no credit yet...

[quote name='izpep']Still waiting for my copy of Fable III to be shipped. Got the free weapons & the free villager but yet to ship and no credit yet...[/QUOTE]

Didn't get mine either. Did get the credit though. Earlier I got off the phone with them, they said it was either lost/stolen from a fedex warehouse so they are sending me one to be here Thursday. Very disappointed with them and sent a email about it just now.

Slightly OT, but if you ordered SWTFU II CE and haven't received your $5 refund since it dropped in price to $74.99 yesterday, then email CS and they'll process it for you. I just got confirmation that $5 will be credited to my card in the next 2-3 days after emailing them.

OK, So I am trying to buy borderlands for $25.80 using the $20.00 code from halo reach. But when I am trying to check out, its not working. I want to know if there is a limit on the minimum purchase amount.

PLEASE HELP. I want to get this ASAP. I am also going to call amazon.

[quote name='kart007k']OK, So I am trying to buy borderlands for $25.80 using the $20.00 code from halo reach. But when I am trying to check out, its not working. I want to know if there is a limit on the minimum purchase amount.

PLEASE HELP. I want to get this ASAP. I am also going to call amazon.[/QUOTE]
If the game your trying to buy is sold by a 3rd party seller instead of Amazon it won't let you use your credit.

[quote name='JVorhees#1']If the game your trying to buy is sold by a 3rd party seller instead of Amazon it won't let you use your credit.[/QUOTE]

oh thanx

A lot of news on the Sly Collection release date as now being November 9th and not the 16th. So wondering if Kmart is still not getting it until the week of the 16th as was said before or if it will in fact be in store on the Nov 9th release date. If the 9th, will the coupon be fixed to print out on that date?

Wonder why there is no release date shipping available for God of War GoS? Even with Prime my estimated delivery is 3 days after release.

Wow, guess nobody noticed the new promo for Black Ops:

Order Call of Duty: Black Ops and receive 100 Pre-order Bonus Points. Offer good for all pre-order customers who have not already received promotional credit on this item. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. See Terms and Conditions.

FYI, that's a $10 future credit. I guess Activision was giving Amazon shit, just like Kmart, where they can't offer coupons or gift cards. The points system seems to circumvent this in both cases. I wonder if old pre-orders are still going to receive the $20 on top of this. . .

I should note this is for ALL EDITIONS and all platforms.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']You mean this, Jodou?

CoD: BO Amazon credit thread[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it was just weird nobody commented on it in here. I mean, it's still an Amazon credit deal that needs to be updated in the OP. Not sure why people made a new thread for it. . .

It is nice they put the credit on the PC version this time as well. Might have to pick it up since I have $40 in game credit burning a hole in my pocket.

Just FYI - I just talked to an Amazon customer service rep, and even if you preordered Black Ops when they had the $20 promotional credit going, you will not receive it now, because they changed it, and removed it.

[quote name='kroberts11']Just FYI - I just talked to an Amazon customer service rep, and even if you preordered Black Ops when they had the $20 promotional credit going, you will not receive it now, because they changed it, and removed it.[/QUOTE]
Did they ever even notify people of the change? While they did stipulate the right to removal, that's borderline bait and switch if they never notified customers.

They didn't notify anybody I don't think. I just remember when it got switched to that Laser cell wallpaper stuff, and today since it's getting so close, I decided to check just incase, because the only reason I order off Amazon is for the credit. I'd rather go pick it up at midnight if I had the chance. But according to the guy I talked to, he said that even if I ordered it in July, I would not receive $20.

I believe the CS rep you talked to is probably wrong about the $20 credit. In the new offer it says
"Offer good for all pre-order customers who have not already received promotional credit on this item."

This leads me to believe that those who ordered with the $20 credit will get it. Either way I will be fighting for my $20 if i does not come, especially if they don't notify us before it ships.

[quote name='bcb4589']I believe the CS rep you talked to is probably wrong about the $20 credit. In the new offer it says
"Offer good for all pre-order customers who have not already received promotional credit on this item."

This leads me to believe that those who ordered with the $20 credit will get it. Either way I will be fighting for my $20 if i does not come, especially if they don't notify us before it ships.[/QUOTE]
Yeah thats probably how it will go. Everyone that ordered when it was $20 will get it and everyone after will probably get the $10. These CS reps telling people they have to choose between the laser cell and $10 credit are just confused or just don't know. I don't see Amazon picking and choosing who will get a laser cell or not when release day comes,especially with how many copies they are going to have to ship out. I bet almost everyone that preorders gets one even if it was before that promotion began and the credits will be hit and miss like always.

[quote name='bcb4589']I believe the CS rep you talked to is probably wrong about the $20 credit. In the new offer it says

This leads me to believe that those who ordered with the $20 credit will get it. Either way I will be fighting for my $20 if i does not come, especially if they don't notify us before it ships.[/QUOTE]

Not only is that rep probably wrong, but they just increased the credit to 200 points which means new orders will get the $20 credit anyway, so either way, you're getting $20 in credit for buying the game and maybe more if there is some odd glitch and stacking of promos inadvertently.

[quote name='kroberts11']Just FYI - I just talked to an Amazon customer service rep, and even if you preordered Black Ops when they had the $20 promotional credit going, you will not receive it now, because they changed it, and removed it.[/QUOTE]

if you deal with amazon CS enough you realize that most don't know what they're talking about.

[quote name='Afflicted']if you deal with amazon CS enough you realize that most don't know what they're talking about.[/QUOTE]
Amen

I really hate all these jobs going over seas, a few weeks ago I spoke to a cs rep and was pleasantly surprised she was from the US.

I have my original confirmation email that states that I'm getting a $20 credit from my original order. If I don't get it, I'll put up a stink about it.

The one I talked to said I'm getting the laser cel and the $20 credit. If I don't I'll just complain until I get the laser cel and $30 credit.

I wonder if I should just cancel my old black ops preorder with the $20 credit and preorder the new version with 200 bonus points...

[quote name='SpockBlocker']I wonder if I should just cancel my old black ops preorder with the $20 credit and preorder the new version with 200 bonus points...[/QUOTE]

why would you do this? there was a price drop since the $20 credit and you would lose the ability to get that cheaper price?

would only cheat yourself doing this.

The....hell. I specifically said promotional credit in my e-mail to amazon about new vegas, and instead I got a code for the tribal pack thing, and they apologized that one didn't come in my game case. I didn't even mention anything about that...

[quote name='Afflicted']why would you do this? there was a price drop since the $20 credit and you would lose the ability to get that cheaper price?

would only cheat yourself doing this.[/QUOTE]

My black ops now says "Black Ops with laser Cel". I don't know what the hell that is, and the $20 credit isn't on that page like it is on the new listing.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']My black ops now says "Black Ops with laser Cel". I don't know what the hell that is, and the $20 credit isn't on that page like it is on the new listing.[/QUOTE]

I've never seen amazon not give the promotional credits if the order was placed before or during the time the promotion was running.

[quote name='scarhawk']^ I'll take the Tribal Pack code then :p It sells for more than the credit I think.[/QUOTE]

I hate selling codes though...it's stressful, because how can I prove beforehand that it's working? To both me and the buyer, it's unknown.

Well chances are it's going to work >_> And if the buyer says it doesn't, tell him you tested it's validation through classified methods that it does work :)

[quote name='Vortextk']I hate selling codes though...it's stressful, because how can I prove beforehand that it's working? To both me and the buyer, it's unknown.[/QUOTE]
I also hate that about XBLA codes. PSN codes you can check.

Just got this email:
Hello,

We’re writing again to let you know the pre-order codes for the Dead Rising 2 Avatar Outfits have been delayed indefinitely.

We’re very sorry about this. To help make up for the disappointment, we want to offer a 50% off promotional certificate to use toward the purchase of the Xbox 360 version of Marvel vs Capcom 3 sold and shipped by Amazon.com. Here’s your code:

bread's done
Back