Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hooray!

I love this amazon credit deal!

Since I got the 200 point credit with the $55 Black Ops (PC) laser cell order I used those credits and ordered another copy for my brother and recieving another 200 point credit.

So really more or less two copies for $75 :bouncy:

What do you think is better? I have a preorder for GT5, the official release date is 24th. The lower price since i preordered it was 54.99 and it comes with a 10$ coupon. Black Friday is the 26th and maybe there is some kind of sale...

two questions

Is better try on BF sale for a lower price?

If I continue with the preorder and make it ships on 3-5 days, and there is a reduction of price for BF, can I contact costumer service to match the price?

[quote name='crodz']nothing wrong with that..
After all,
i like my women the way i like my whiskey....
12 years old and mixed up with coke

pedobear_drool.jpg
[/quote]

lmfao!

[quote name='Pajama_Man']Hooray!

I love this amazon credit deal!

Since I got the 200 point credit with the $55 Black Ops (PC) laser cell order I used those credits and ordered another copy for my brother and recieving another 200 point credit.

So really more or less two copies for $75 :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

No, you got two copies for $90 and you have a certificate that can give you $20 off a future purchase.

[quote name='bojay1997']No, you got two copies for $90 and you have a certificate that can give you $20 off a future purchase.[/QUOTE]

Yup, Agreed!

strong distinction between OOP and instant Discounts.

Instant Discounts (% off, B2g1F = 33.33% off, Clearance, Price Drops) -> Gaming Coupons/Credits/Gift Card (no examples needed)

The Gaming industries are so readily giving out credits due to the fact that its forces consumers to "invest" so to speak.

[quote name='cRodz']Nothing wrong with that..
After all,
I like my women the way I like my whiskey....
12 years old and mixed up with coke

pedobear_drool.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Have a seat.
chris-hansen.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw that Amazon is tossing a 100pt ($10) credit to preorders of WoW: Cataclysm which comes out on December 7th.

It looks like the fine print on this deal suggests that the credit is for physical copies only, no direct downloads .

I wish they'd get the Kinect sensor back in stock. I will buy the bundle with Dance Masters, netting a $20 gift card. Not great, but better then nothing and I do want Dance Masters. They just need more stock on the sensor. Sigh.

[quote name='pjb16']So anyone not get their Black Ops credit yet? (I had preordered it before this 200pt stuff)[/QUOTE]

Ordered a copy in May or a second in October, creditless on both.

[quote name='pjb16']So anyone not get their Black Ops credit yet? (I had preordered it before this 200pt stuff)[/QUOTE]

I had to call yesterday. They gave me a $20 refund on my credit card.

I got mine the same day it was released.

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but now Sonic Colors has a $10 credit with it, and it's 47.99. I think KMart has a $15 coupon with it, but when you factor in the two dollar savings and no sales tax, it pretty much matches their deal.

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm expansion has 100 point credit on it, thats basically $10 bucks(i guess more points due to it being activision game).

So during the B2G1 free, I ordered Castlevania, SWTFU 2, and Dragon Age Ultimate.

I sent two seperate emails asking if I could get the $20 for Castlevania and the $10 for Star Wars, and the next day they gave me both of them. :)

OhBlack friday will be sooooo good, thank you Amazon!

Hmm... Go for Sonic Colors now, or hope for a BF sale? I don't know...

Wait. Could I possibly buy Sonic Colors now, then if BF gets a better deal, buy that and return the first one?

I broke down, 2 was too fun...AC brotherhood, added to my order. $15 credit is pretty big, it would have to drop down substantially to be much cheaper when factoring in the credit, so no big deal I guess.

[quote name='Vortextk']I broke down, 2 was too fun...AC brotherhood, added to my order. $15 credit is pretty big, it would have to drop down substantially to be much cheaper when factoring in the credit, so no big deal I guess.[/QUOTE]

I'm tempted to do the same...

Sick, my ACB and NFS order shipped just now, so the waiting game begins for all my credits and free Shift order code lol.

Does anyone know if the gaming credits work on WoW time cards? Going to play again for Cataclysm, so this would be a perfect way to dump the credit.

[quote name='Vortextk']I broke down, 2 was too fun...AC brotherhood, added to my order. $15 credit is pretty big, it would have to drop down substantially to be much cheaper when factoring in the credit, so no big deal I guess.[/QUOTE]

I did the same as soon as I got my $20 credit from Fable 3. Over the weekend, I've even been playing the AC2 memories 12 & 13 since I picked up the DLCs when on sale on XBL. :)

[quote name='Jodou']
Does anyone know if the gaming credits work on WoW time cards? Going to play again for Cataclysm, so this would be a perfect way to dump the credit.[/QUOTE]

Don't do it... it's a trap!! JK ;)

[quote name='wolve']Don't do it... it's a trap!! JK ;)[/QUOTE]
It's been four years now since we've played and we're interested in seeing world PvP revived since everyone will be rerolling to see all the new vanilla content. Should be as epic as release originally was.

[quote name='Jodou']It's been four years now since we've played and we're interested in seeing world PvP revived since everyone will be rerolling to see all the new vanilla content. Should be as epic as release originally was.[/QUOTE]

It's never going to be that epic again. Might be fun for a little bit though just to look around and all the new stuff.

[quote name='Jodou']Sick, my ACB and NFS order shipped just now, so the waiting game begins for all my credits and free Shift order code lol.

Does anyone know if the gaming credits work on WoW time cards? Going to play again for Cataclysm, so this would be a perfect way to dump the credit.[/QUOTE]

I woke up this morning to see my $20 NFS:HP credit AND my credit for the free NFS: Shift in my inbox. :D Placed my order for Shift!

[quote name='argyle']I woke up this morning to see my $20 NFS:HP credit AND my credit for the free NFS: Shift in my inbox. :D Placed my order for Shift![/QUOTE]
Yep, worked flawlessly too. In fact, they must've been waiting for my Shift order because by the time I checked my open orders afterward it was already being processed lol. Just waiting on my ACB armor now!

Oh and to answer my own question, the game credits DO work on WoW time cards. Wish they sold 30-day cards, though.

Got my $20 NFS credit this morning; they shipped the game around midnight and it's out for delivery. (I didn't get in on the Shift deal.) The credit expires February 28th.

They sent me a link to get NFS: shift, and said to add it to my cart and it will be free. When I did it took $15 from my promotional credit I had stored. What the hell do I do besides using all of my promotional credit before I purchase Shift? It doesn't give you an option of how to pay for it.

[quote name='myiamoto']They sent me a link to get NFS: shift, and said to add it to my cart and it will be free. When I did it took $15 from my promotional credit I had stored. What the hell do I do besides using all of my promotional credit before I purchase Shift? It doesn't give you an option of how to pay for it.[/QUOTE]

i have numerous other credit and it applied the correct one so that is strange.

[quote name='dusbbal2008']i have numerous other credit and it applied the correct one so that is strange.[/QUOTE]

I tried it again. I have $35 total credit because I ordered NFS and AC: Brotherhood. So, I order Shift. After that I put another game in my cart, and I only have $20 of credit left. It's using $15 of my credit. When I cancel my Shift order, I have $35 again.

[quote name='myiamoto']I tried it again. I have $35 total credit because I ordered NFS and AC: Brotherhood. So, I order Shift. After that I put another game in my cart, and I only have $20 of credit left. It's using $15 of my credit. When I cancel my Shift order, I have $35 again.[/QUOTE]
That sucks, I had no issues ordering mine without expending my other $20 credit.

[quote name='myiamoto']I tried it again. I have $35 total credit because I ordered NFS and AC: Brotherhood. So, I order Shift. After that I put another game in my cart, and I only have $20 of credit left. It's using $15 of my credit. When I cancel my Shift order, I have $35 again.[/QUOTE]

Pre order a game that is far off that uses all your credit. then order shift and it should use shift promotion if it is actually in your account (that may be the problem it may not have applied). Then cancel preorder.

[quote name='dusbbal2008']Pre order a game that is far off that uses all your credit. then order shift and it should use shift promotion if it is actually in your account (that may be the problem it may not have applied). Then cancel preorder.[/QUOTE]

That's a good idea. I'll try that now.

[quote name='dusbbal2008']Pre order a game that is far off that uses all your credit. then order shift and it should use shift promotion if it is actually in your account (that may be the problem it may not have applied). Then cancel preorder.[/QUOTE]

YES! That worked. Thanks again. You can see it was taking my credit for some reason.

First order:

Items: $28.99
Shipping & Handling: $4.49
Super Saver Discount: -$4.49
Promotion Applied: -$15.00
Promotion Applied: -$13.99
XBL Credit Applied: -$0.00

Total Before Tax: $0.00
Estimated Tax To Be Collected: $0.00
Order Total: $0.00

Second order after I used my credit:

Subtotal of Items: $28.99
Promotion Applied: -$28.99
------
Total for this Order: $0.00

Check your orders guys!

[quote name='myiamoto']YES! That worked. Thanks again. You can see it was taking my credit for some reason.

First order:

Items: $28.99
Promotion Applied: -$15.00
Promotion Applied: -$13.99

Total Before Tax: $0.00
Estimated Tax To Be Collected: $0.00
Order Total: $0.00

Second order after I used my credit:

Subtotal of Items: $28.99
Promotion Applied: -$28.99
------
Total for this Order: $0.00

Check your orders guys![/QUOTE]

No problem. Glad I could help :)

Got my credit for Brotherhood and Hot Pursuit nothing about NFS: Shift for free. Was it only available if you ordered during a certain time or something?

[quote name='ReaperZER0']Got my credit for Brotherhood and Hot Pursuit nothing about NFS: Shift for free. Was it only available if you ordered during a certain time or something?[/QUOTE]

Ya. The NFS Shift offer was the first one they offered, then they removed it and added the $20 credit later, IIRC.

My Hot Pursuit shipped yesterday but no credit or free Shift yet. My AC:B also shipped yesterday and I already got the credit and bonus armor code this morning. Talk about inconsistency!

Anyone has the specific details on the free Shift? Screenshot?

Starting to think Amazon doesn't love me anymore. No credits on either copy of CoD:BO and now no credit for AC:B or NFS:HP, but I did get the preorder bonus for AC:B. Phone or email, which is the best way to contact them about a missing credit? Never had them miss a credit before, hope this isn't going to be a continuing trend.

[quote name='neodyn']Starting to think Amazon doesn't love me anymore. No credits on either copy of CoD:BO and now no credit for AC:B or NFS:HP, but I did get the preorder bonus for AC:B. Phone or email, which is the best way to contact them about a missing credit? Never had them miss a credit before, hope this isn't going to be a continuing trend.[/QUOTE]
I got the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood credit but no armor code yet :cry:.

[quote name='eau']My Hot Pursuit shipped yesterday but no credit or free Shift yet. My AC:B also shipped yesterday and I already got the credit and bonus armor code this morning. Talk about inconsistency!

Anyone has the specific details on the free Shift? Screenshot?[/QUOTE]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank you for purchasing "Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit" from Amazon.com. It is our pleasure to let you know that you have earned Video Game credit for the purchase of "Need for Speed: Shift," on the PS3 or Xbox 360, when shipped and sold by Amazon.com until 12/31/2010.

To redeem your reward:

1. Go to: http://www.amazon.com/s/?url=search-alias%3Dvideogames&hidden-keywords=B001TORSHO|B001TOMQTY
2. Add "Need for Speed Shift" for the PS3 or Xbox 360 to your shopping cart and the discount will be automatically applied.

Thank you for your continued support,
Amazon.com Video Game Editors[/SIZE][/FONT][quote name='JVorhees#1']I got the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood credit but no armor code yet :cry:.[/QUOTE]Ditto. Don't worry though, you can start your game now and unlock it later since it's already on the disc.

Have had to e-mail them to receive my past few promotional credits. Looking like I'm going to do the same thing for NFS.

Shipment got delayed at the distribution center, but it says it should arrive on time. Hoping the tracking information is wonky because it seems to be going in the wrong direction...

November 16, 2010 01:00:00 AM Indianapolis IN US Shipment received by carrier

November 15, 2010 02:31:22 PM Sparks NV US Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit

:whistle2:?

[quote name='nekromantix']November 15, 2010 02:31:22 PM Sparks NV US Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit

:whistle2:?[/QUOTE]
I think you're screwed if it was shipped from New Vegas. They tend to shoot their couriers out there. . .

hm i got both codes. the email with armor code actually came before the one for the credit. both were sent to me before 8am (when i saw them)

[quote name='Jodou']I think you're screwed if it was shipped from New Vegas. They tend to shoot their couriers out there. . .[/QUOTE]
^ This is too damn funny. Jodou :applause:

bread's done
Back