Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jodou']I think you're screwed if it was shipped from New Vegas. They tend to shoot their couriers out there. . .[/QUOTE]

:applause:

Got my code for Harry Potter this morning. They've been good past couple releases about getting the credits on time, as everything has come right away since I wrote them after Castlevania and New Vegas.

Guess at this point we aren't getting anything on Donkey Kong seeing it is about a week away. Hope that changes, but I'm probably gonna keep it anyway as I have it paid off with promos/credit.

Bah, still no ACB armor code this morning and looking over my screenshots it says expect them to take up to 7 days after shipping. That really sucks because I could beat the game by then and have no use for the code other than looking pretty. :\

What was the lowest price for ACB and Hot Pursuit? I could certainly say it's lower than the full price that I preordered them at and I didn't get auto price adjustment during shipping. Need to figure out how much and email them.

I think Hot Pursuit got down to $56.99 for some time before they offered the $20 credit. I think ACB dropped lower than $59.99 too but not sure how much.

Biggest problem I have with Amazon credit is that it's usually ONLY for preorders and ends as soon as the game is released (or sometimes even before release). Whereas both Best Buy and KMart usually run their promos all week.

I wanted to get in on the Hot Pursuit credit but I had to wait for my trade-ins to be accepted (and they didn't take two of my games for NO REASON!)... oh well.

[quote name='eau']What was the lowest price for ACB and Hot Pursuit?[/QUOTE]
NFS was briefly $57 on PS3 ONLY when they first put it up for pre-order. It did not drop after that ever. ACB has never strayed from $60 ever.

[quote name='Jodou']Bah, still no ACB armor code this morning and looking over my screenshots it says expect them to take up to 7 days after shipping. That really sucks because I could beat the game by then and have no use for the code other than looking pretty. :\[/QUOTE] You could always ebay it if you end up in the situation. Personally I always ebay any of the pre-order BS amazon gives out.

Nice, just got my ACB armor code and my free Shift came today. First time I've had a GH box heh. Looks ugly, so it's getting sold.

Could someone tell me when Dance Central got $10 Video game credit? I ordered mine over the last weekend, and I'm not sure if I'm eligible. Thanks!

[quote name='Jodou'][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank you for purchasing "Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit" from Amazon.com. It is our pleasure to let you know that you have earned Video Game credit for the purchase of "Need for Speed: Shift," on the PS3 or Xbox 360, when shipped and sold by Amazon.com until 12/31/2010.

To redeem your reward:

1. Go to: http://www.amazon.com/s/?url=search-alias%3Dvideogames&hidden-keywords=B001TORSHO|B001TOMQTY
2. Add "Need for Speed Shift" for the PS3 or Xbox 360 to your shopping cart and the discount will be automatically applied.

Thank you for your continued support,
Amazon.com Video Game Editors[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]
Do you happen to have the verbiage when they advertised the free Shift? They typically say "within 2 days" for gaming credits but what about the free Shift credit?

[quote name='eau']Do you happen to have the verbiage when they advertised the free Shift? They typically say "within 2 days" for gaming credits but what about the free Shift credit?[/QUOTE]
I never got a chance to screenshot it because I just forgot until it was too late. I did have a screen of the $20 GC, but that has been deleted since I got it.

[quote name='eau']Do you happen to have the verbiage when they advertised the free Shift? They typically say "within 2 days" for gaming credits but what about the free Shift credit?[/QUOTE]

If you google "credit shift pursuit" you'll see several websites that detailed the deal:

“Pre-order “Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit,” for the PS3 or Xbox 360, and after it ships you will receive credit for a free copy of “Need for Speed: Shift” for the PS3 or X360. Shipping and handling charges may apply. The promotional credit will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Quantities are limited, and Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid for one purchase per customer. Here’s how (restrictions apply).”

[quote name='kryptonic']Stupid question...
If I pre-order GT5 and someone puts out an ad for a discount on it, will amazon price match black friday deals?[/QUOTE]

Not likely; stores very rarely match BF deals since they're so limited.

And my personal opinion, Amazon hasn't been matching prices as regular as they have been for offers.

just got the automated credit for CoD today... almost 2 weeks later...

I had emailed them about the credit 6 days after it shipped and they game me one as well.

[quote name='Afflicted']just got the automated credit for CoD today... almost 2 weeks later...

I had emailed them about the credit 6 days after it shipped and they game me one as well.[/QUOTE]

Had that happen to me as well. Pleasant surprise :applause:

Not sure if this has been discussed, but a word of warning in case anyone has the free Shift but hasn't redeemed it yet. Make SURE you don't have any other bonus credit in your account when you do. Somehow my $15 Assassin's Creed credit applied to mine and it took quite a bit to figure out what had happened & then get them to reimburse me that credit.

I have a question. If I have a $20 credit from Black Ops, do I need to use the whole $20 on one purchase or can I split it up on 2? Like if they have a $10 game on BF, I'd have $10 left over.

[quote name='SideEffect34']I have a question. If I have a $20 credit from Black Ops, do I need to use the whole $20 on one purchase or can I split it up on 2? Like if they have a $10 game on BF, I'd have $10 left over.[/QUOTE]
Credits can be used in pieces like in the example you gave.

[quote name='Afflicted']just got the automated credit for CoD today... almost 2 weeks later...

I had emailed them about the credit 6 days after it shipped and they game me one as well.[/QUOTE]

Lucky. I emailed them about three days after release day and I still have nothing. I keep getting emails every 3 or 4 days telling me to wait 3 or 4 more days.

Man I love Amazon. They didn't offer Release Date Delivery on Undead Nightmare, but I'm still getting it today. Also got the $5 credit almost immediately and it doesn't expire for a year (Nov. 30, 2011). :applause:

Got my GT5 credit early this morning... and a bonus credit.

I had ordered an extra copy for my dad; wrote them a *nice* email this morning and asked if I could get the $10 for it, too. (Yes, I know you're only allowed one per game per account.) They wrote back and said "no; one credit per game per account. But here's $10 general credit for contacting us." Totally catch more flies with honey. ;)

Had Donkey Kong Country Returns in my Goldbox this morning, so ended up getting it for $2 after stacked credits. :D

I also got my GT5 credit today ;)

One question, Amazon charged my 59.99 for GT5 but there was a time where the game was 54.99, should I contact them or wait for a refund?

Also got my GT5 credit quite literally after the shipping notice. I think that's a record for Amazon and I'm glad these credits have finally smoothed out.

[quote name='Jodou']Also got my GT5 credit quite literally after the shipping notice. I think that's a record for Amazon and I'm glad these credits have finally smoothed out.[/QUOTE]

You know better than that. The next game you get with a credit attached will require like 3 e-mails to get it I'm sure. I'm e-mailing tonight about assassin's creed =/

[quote name='Vortextk']You know better than that. The next game you get with a credit attached will require like 3 e-mails to get it I'm sure. I'm e-mailing tonight about assassin's creed =/[/QUOTE]
See I got Assassin's Creed credit and NFS credit right away, but still nothing on EA Sports Active 2 and Harry Potter. I got GT5 credit immediately too. I don't get it.

So, according to the FAQ I can use my NSF Credit on Xbox Live points through code online? So I don't have to wait for it in the mail?

I tried to purchase them but my credit will not show up. Am I doing something wrong?

[quote name='Snuckles']So, according to the FAQ I can use my NSF Credit on Xbox Live points through code online? So I don't have to wait for it in the mail?

I tried to purchase them but my credit will not show up. Am I doing something wrong?[/QUOTE]
No, only on physical points cards.

EDIT: Either someone modified the FAQs or I made a typo because it is wrong in the FAQs.

Nice, instantly issued me my ACB credit after 1 e-mail without having to e-mail back a few more times to explain exactly what I was talking about. I think that's the last game for me this year...

Just pointing out again for people who didn't see it that WoW: Cataclysm has a 100 points attached to it, that's the equivalent of a $10 dollar credit. Only downside if you want to do it at midnight you have to go somewhere else.

nice, glad to see gears of war III will be a 20 credit. Havent seen any games worth buying with a 20 in a while. Time to start rolling again with amazon preorders.

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]"Thank you for purchasing a 4GB Xbox 360 Console from Amazon.com. It is our pleasure to let you know that you have earned a $60 credit toward the purchase of any physical item from the Amazon Video Games store (digital products not eligible) shipped and sold by Amazon.com until 12/31/2011. To redeem your reward, simply visit http://www.amazon.com/games , add an item from the Amazon Video Games store shipped and sold by Amazon.com to your shopping cart, and the discount will be automatically applied."
[/SIZE][/FONT]
Need some help, bought an Xbox 4gb + $60gc from Amazon for Black Friday, the $60gc can only be used in the Video Games section. I was wondering if anyone knows it the the $60gc could be split, say $30 now and $30 some time in the future. I'm worried that if I get something that is $40, the remaining $20 will go to waste.

[quote name='test.type'][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]"Thank you for purchasing a 4GB Xbox 360 Console from Amazon.com. It is our pleasure to let you know that you have earned a $60 credit toward the purchase of any physical item from the Amazon Video Games store (digital products not eligible) shipped and sold by Amazon.com until 12/31/2011. To redeem your reward, simply visit http://www.amazon.com/games , add an item from the Amazon Video Games store shipped and sold by Amazon.com to your shopping cart, and the discount will be automatically applied."
[/SIZE][/FONT]
Need some help, bought an Xbox 4gb + $60gc from Amazon for Black Friday, the $60gc can only be used in the Video Games section. I was wondering if anyone knows it the the $60gc could be split, say $30 now and $30 some time in the future. I'm worried that if I get something that is $40, the remaining $20 will go to waste.[/QUOTE]

Your credit can be used on multiple orders.

example:

You buy a game for $20 you will still have $40 in amazon credit to use on different orders.

[quote name='Snuckles']So, according to the FAQ I can use my NSF Credit on Xbox Live points through code online? So I don't have to wait for it in the mail?

I tried to purchase them but my credit will not show up. Am I doing something wrong?[/QUOTE]I bought a 1600 live points code online last Friday and my 15 dollar credit from Assassin's Creed applied.

Is there a way to pre order without having the GC auto applied?

Example: I have $25 gaming credit and when I goto pre order Gears 3, it applies it. Problem is, Gears 3 is still a year away so I rather use the credit on something coming before than. However, I still want to preorder. Any ideas?

bread's done
Back