Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread yet, but looks like Two Worlds 2, for pre-order on Amazon has a $10 credit for a future video game purchase. Pretty much retail price on the pre-order otherwise though. Just a heads up for anyone that is interested.

[quote name='Robert R1']Is there a way to pre order without having the GC auto applied?

Example: I have $25 gaming credit and when I goto pre order Gears 3, it applies it. Problem is, Gears 3 is still a year away so I rather use the credit on something coming before than. However, I still want to preorder. Any ideas?[/QUOTE]
Yeah. There's 2 ways. Option 1 is to change your payment method at checkout. Just go to the final order page screen and before placing the order there's an option on the right side to change payment method. Select that and uncheck the box to use your credit.

Option 2: Pre-order Gears Of War 3 (or any other game that doesnt release for awhile). That will momentarily use up your credit. Now order Gears Of War 3 again. Cancel that first order and the credit will go right back to your account.

Do these promo credits stack?

I'm a bit confused at the moment. So I ordered a Call of Duty Black ops and got the credit, it said it during checkout, in my order confirmation email and agian in my order shipped notice.

Later on in a different order I got a Call of Duty Black ops HARDENED EDITION and same things it said it qualified during checkout, in my order confirmation email and agian in my order shipped notice.

But amazon only gave me one credit, that doesn't seem quite fair considering that they are two different items/skus/upcs etc one was $60 the other $80...

So it seems some promos don't stack and just cause they tell you your order qualified doesn't mean it did, either that or they're just trying to scam people out of their due credits.

[quote name='Afflicted']just got the automated credit for CoD today... almost 2 weeks later...

I had emailed them about the credit 6 days after it shipped and they game me one as well.[/QUOTE]

I think this is more frequent than you think. Pretty unfair that amazon would have you remind them of it.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yeah. There's 2 ways. Option 1 is to change your payment method at checkout. Just go to the final order page screen and before placing the order there's an option on the right side to change payment method. Select that and uncheck the box to use your credit.

Option 2: Pre-order Gears Of War 3 (or any other game that doesnt release for awhile). That will momentarily use up your credit. Now order Gears Of War 3 again. Cancel that first order and the credit will go right back to your account.[/QUOTE]

You're awesome! (as is this forum in general) Thanks man. Gears 3 pre ordered.

I preordered GT5 and amazon charged me the fullprice, they didn´t take in to account the price drop after the november delay, is this normal? should I wait for a refound to my credit card?

[quote name='Korben']Do these promo credits stack?

I'm a bit confused at the moment. So I ordered a Call of Duty Black ops and got the credit, it said it during checkout, in my order confirmation email and agian in my order shipped notice.

Later on in a different order I got a Call of Duty Black ops HARDENED EDITION and same things it said it qualified during checkout, in my order confirmation email and agian in my order shipped notice.

But amazon only gave me one credit, that doesn't seem quite fair considering that they are two different items/skus/upcs etc one was $60 the other $80...

So it seems some promos don't stack and just cause they tell you your order qualified doesn't mean it did, either that or they're just trying to scam people out of their due credits.[/QUOTE]
Yes they absolutely do stack and yes you should have gotten 2 credits. As you said it's 2 different items. You may have to contact CS.

[quote name='Angreifer']I preordered GT5 and amazon charged me the fullprice, they didn´t take in to account the price drop after the november delay, is this normal? should I wait for a refound to my credit card?[/QUOTE]
If you had it pre ordered the policy is that you will get it for the lowest price between the time that you ordered through release day. If they havent refunded you the proper amount after a couple days contact CS and they should take care of it.

[quote name='deletion']does anyone know if the amazon $10 credit towards xbox live stack up? thanks.[/QUOTE]

From what I've seen (unless there is a trick to it) the $10 Xbox Live credit is NOT STACKABLE and only applies to the online subscription code, which means it's still $50 ($5 more than the card currently.)

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yes they absolutely do stack and yes you should have gotten 2 credits. As you said it's 2 different items. You may have to contact CS.[/QUOTE]

I contacted them and they said I did not meet all qualifications for one of the pomo credits. Which makes no sense because both orders stated they qualified for the promo credit curing checkout, again in the order confirmation email and yet again (3 times) in the order shipped email.

I'll keep on bugging them and see what comes of it.

[quote name='Korben']I contacted them and they said I did not meet all qualifications for one of the pomo credits. Which makes no sense because both orders stated they qualified for the promo credit curing checkout, again in the order confirmation email and yet again (3 times) in the order shipped email.

I'll keep on bugging them and see what comes of it.[/QUOTE]
Hopefully a $30 credit for them lying/not knowing their own policies/wasting your time and so on.

I have a question and if someone could help me that would be great!!! I would really appreciate an answer. I bought Goldeneye for my Wii from Amazon and got it today and it won't play in my Wii. All my other games work and when I put Goldeneye in it says troubleshooting. I have googled the situation but couldn't find anything too helpful besides sending in my Wii to Nintendo. The Goldeneye game has no scratches on it and I have tried cleaning the disk the way it says to on Nintendo.com. I have no idea what to else to do. If you can help me I would appreciate it a lot. :)

[quote name='ShockandAww']Hopefully a $30 credit for them lying/not knowing their own policies/wasting your time and so on.[/QUOTE]

I had to email them a second time and this is the reply I got

"There won't be 2 promotion bonus points applied to your account for ordering 2 Call of Duty: Black Ops Hardened Edition. Promotion will be applied for only one Call of Duty: Black Ops Hardened Edition."

I did not buy two Call of Duty: Black Ops Hardened Editions, the overseas reps don't seem to understand the difference, what I am suppose to do? This is frustrating, why can't they have customer service in the U.S., or an english speaking country at least...

[quote name='Korben']I had to email them a second time and this is the reply I got

"There won't be 2 promotion bonus points applied to your account for ordering 2 Call of Duty: Black Ops Hardened Edition. Promotion will be applied for only one Call of Duty: Black Ops Hardened Edition."

I did not buy two Call of Duty: Black Ops Hardened Editions, the overseas reps don't seem to understand the difference, what I am suppose to do? This is frustrating, why can't they have customer service in the U.S., or an english speaking country at least...[/QUOTE]
Ok stop emailing it takes forever and theyre retarded. If Live Chat is available use that. If rep A is not helping close the window on them and redo it until you get someone that will help. Otherwise call. It'll get fixed much quicker that way. I wouldnt simply accept the credit at this point either. Hopefully you can get a little extra at this point for the hassle.

[quote name='Korben']Actually does anyone know if Amazon has an American branch to contact for help?[/QUOTE]
OK man login to amazon. look at the right corner of your screen for the link that says "Help". click that then on that page theres a button on the right that says "Contact Us". click it. Fill out the info for your order and either call or chat. I expect a post within 20 minutes from you telling me it was fixed :)

PS dont go nuts on them. Be calm and nice and explain everything including your hassle. If their fix isnt good enough remind them again of the trouble they caused and see what you can get from them.

With a lot of the holiday games already out, would be nice if Amazon added promo credits to more games coming out early next year. Bulletstorm and Dead Space 2 are on my list of games to buy, but haven't preordered yet,. Guess we won't see any new promo credits unless Walmart and/or K-mart puts something up.

[quote name='Korben']Actually does anyone know if Amazon has an American branch to contact for help?[/QUOTE]

I've found it almost impossible to contact amazon except through email. I think they purposely don't publish a phone number to avoid the hassle. But it really just pisses all us customers off.

[quote name='nownownow']I've found it almost impossible to contact amazon except through email. I think they purposely don't publish a phone number to avoid the hassle. But it really just pisses all us customers off.[/QUOTE]

really? the phone contact option is right next to email, and they call you as soon as you hit ok.

the live chat i have never used

[quote name='nownownow']I've found it almost impossible to contact amazon except through email. I think they purposely don't publish a phone number to avoid the hassle. But it really just pisses all us customers off.[/QUOTE]

Then you aren't doing it right.

Do this instead:

[quote name='y2jasper']really? the phone contact option is right next to email, and they call you as soon as you hit ok.

the live chat i have never used[/QUOTE]

[quote name='y2jasper']really? the phone contact option is right next to email, and they call you as soon as you hit ok.

the live chat i have never used[/QUOTE]

Ugh.. sorry.. I was out of my mind. I was confusing sites.
Bj.gif
Yes, you are right.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Lucian']Then you aren't doing it right.

Do this instead:[/QUOTE]There's also this:

Click the Call Me button or you can reach us at 1-866-216-1072 to use our automated customer service system.
International customers can reach us at 1-206-266-2992. Charges may apply.

I've got a question and since it's related to amazon and credits, figured I would post here....plus it's 250 pages and I wanted to be a part of the epic thread.

Anyway, how easy is to return items to Amazon. I'm asking because I just started a sub for WoW again after 6 months away from it to check out all the new stuff happening and Amazon has a $10 credit for the new expansion. I'm not entirely sure I want the expansion but if I ordered it, didn't open it and wanted to return it....is it easy enough to do and more importantly free?

I'm also assuming the 10 dollar credit would be erased (which I'm fine with)

[quote name='jdktech2010']I've got a question and since it's related to amazon and credits, figured I would post here....plus it's 250 pages and I wanted to be a part of the epic thread.

Anyway, how easy is to return items to Amazon. I'm asking because I just started a sub for WoW again after 6 months away from it to check out all the new stuff happening and Amazon has a $10 credit for the new expansion. I'm not entirely sure I want the expansion but if I ordered it, didn't open it and wanted to return it....is it easy enough to do and more importantly free?

I'm also assuming the 10 dollar credit would be erased (which I'm fine with)[/QUOTE]

It's quite easy to return things to Amazon. Don't accept the package when they deliver it. Just tell them that you don't want the package / return to sender. No shipping cost to you.
I've actually spoken recently (last week) to an Amazon CSR and they said this was standard policy.

If you accept the package and don't open it, I'm not sure if the delivery company will take it back (maybe within a reasonable timeframe?)

If you open it, well I'm sure you figured this, then you have to get a return request and pay for your own shipping back.

You are correct. If it is $10 worth of video game credit you used, then no you won't get it back.

If anyone can correct me or provide more info, it's appreciated.

[quote name='egonpax']I didn't see it in the OP...

:360::ps3::pc: Test Drive Unlimited 2 $10 Credit

Right now the :360::ps3: versions are $49.99 and the :pc: is $39.99.[/QUOTE]

Nice!

Quick question...I wanted to contact Amazon CSR via their chat, but the chat button isn't available. Did they take it down or is it just me? I use chat because it's faster than email. Can someone check to see if the chat is still available?

[quote name='egonpax']It's quite easy to return things to Amazon. Don't accept the package when they deliver it. Just tell them that you don't want the package / return to sender. No shipping cost to you.
I've actually spoken recently (last week) to an Amazon CSR and they said this was standard policy.

If you accept the package and don't open it, I'm not sure if the delivery company will take it back (maybe within a reasonable timeframe?)

If you open it, well I'm sure you figured this, then you have to get a return request and pay for your own shipping back.

You are correct. If it is $10 worth of video game credit you used, then no you won't get it back.

If anyone can correct me or provide more info, it's appreciated.[/QUOTE]

you might not want to refused delivery all the time. they do keep track of the number of times and some have their addresses blacklisted. i would refuse things that take a pain or cost a lot to ship back.

FYI, at least for the moment, the Kinect sensor is in stock, so the $20 gift card deal is live for Kinect Sensor + Dance Masters. I ordered one.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Thanks for the heads up, I'm pretty sure that $49.99 is MSRP though[/QUOTE]

Ah yes you're right. Pretty good deal and maybe they'll drop the price before release!

I would doubt MvC3 would get bumped to a $20 credit just because they let so many people get it for 50% off but I sure hope I am wrong. $28.99 plus $20 credit would be delightful.

[quote name='dvdactor']I would doubt MvC3 would get bumped to a $20 credit just because they let so many people get it for 50% off but I sure hope I am wrong. $28.99 plus $20 credit would be delightful.[/QUOTE]

damn another glitch I missed out on, remember reading about it few months ago. how did that work?

^ It worked if you preordered DR2 for 360 and they'd give you a code for 50% off. But some people gave away their codes. I bought one ..

[quote name='scarhawk']^ It worked if you preordered DR2 for 360 and they'd give you a code for 50% off. But some people gave away their codes. I bought one ..[/QUOTE]

:bomb: what?! How long ago was this?

Maybe about a month ago. It had to do with them having problems getting the 360 Avatar pre-order bonus. Because there was a delay they gave everyone like an extra $10 credit and then a code for 50% off MvC2, IIRC.

wow this list is starting to really thin. Step it up Amazon! Hopefully with all of yesterdays announments they'll have something soon. And here's hoping dragon age 2 gets a 20 credit once the sig edition goes away.....but then they probably say "only credit with regular edition"(to which we can say "didn't have a choice!)

bread's done
Back