Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet, they shipped my MvC3 order like 2 hours ago :) Delivery estimate is still tomorrow. UPS has got to be pretty fast to fly it all the way from Delaware to down here in FL AND get it to my doorstep by 4PM. You've got 20 hours UPS xD

[quote name='scarhawk']No it's definitely not true. Rarely ever has there been a SE the only possible way to get one was via preorders (not including EA ones and even those can be obtained after release)[/QUOTE]

The SF4 SE was pretty much impossible to get after the first week it was out, so there is a precedent for it. Regardless, the extras in this set are well worth the extra $10 to me, and that's all I'm really concerned about - not rarity.

Also, put me down as someone else who's hoping for a late Killzone 3 credit addition. The glowing reviews have all but sold me on that game, and a credit would push me over the top.

I'm betting we'll see a lasting stock of SE's on Amazon within a week and I can wait. I have MvC3 (Standard) already ordered. I just want to "hoard" 2 or so SE's lol

I really hope Deus Ex: Human Revolution gets a credit. If not I am going to preorder it at gamestop (even though I really don't want to) because gamestop is the only retailer to have a bonus mission for a preorder bonus.

For what its worth, 2 different people from Capcom have stated that when it comes to the SE edition for MvC3, what out there is out there. Apparently this is already a ***** to find according to some of the various messageboards, and I assume it wont get better if there is no more coming.

Not seeing it in the OP, I just pre-ordered Mass Effect 3 (360) on Amazon and it mentions a $10 credit pre-order bonus. Appears to apply to all platforms at the moment.

Ok, out of curiosity... Those of you who got the $10 credit for Marvel vs Capcom, did the credit actually work on any order?

I got the email about the credit yesterday, but any orders I try to place do not include the credit. Amazon's email CS seems to have issues understanding this (although they did just give me a $10 refund...).

[quote name='Callandor']Ok, out of curiosity... Those of you who got the $10 credit for Marvel vs Capcom, did the credit actually work on any order?

I got the email about the credit yesterday, but any orders I try to place do not include the credit. Amazon's email CS seems to have issues understanding this (although they did just give me a $10 refund...).[/QUOTE]
I just tried and mine worked.

[quote name='VidPower']Does the $10 video game credit on MvC3 have an expiration date? I want to be sure I use it soon if it does.[/QUOTE]
June 2012. Get on that, son!

[quote name='Callandor']Ok, out of curiosity... Those of you who got the $10 credit for Marvel vs Capcom, did the credit actually work on any order?

I got the email about the credit yesterday, but any orders I try to place do not include the credit. Amazon's email CS seems to have issues understanding this (although they did just give me a $10 refund...).[/QUOTE]

What did you try to buy with it? It's only applicable to the video game dept I think. Mine works

[quote name='gotdott']What did you try to buy with it? It's only applicable to the video game dept I think. Mine works[/QUOTE]

mine does as well. i got worried at first because after i got the email i checked my promotion code balance and it didn't list $10 under software/video games, but when i put a game in my cart it showed up

[quote name='y2jasper']mine does as well. i got worried at first because after i got the email i checked my promotion code balance and it didn't list $10 under software/video games, but when i put a game in my cart it showed up[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the balance page blows; doesn't seem to show these credits (though I could've sworn they did at some point).

[quote name='y2jasper']mine does as well. i got worried at first because after i got the email i checked my promotion code balance and it didn't list $10 under software/video games, but when i put a game in my cart it showed up[/QUOTE]
If you're using the credit balance checker in the MP3 download area, the balance only shows credit applicable to downloadable contents. Some game credits are not good on downloadable games, so they won't show up in the balance. The only way to see them is to do the check out.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Bulletstorm - $20 credit[/QUOTE]

Once again, it doesn't appear to apply to pre-existing pre-orders which is a pain since I used a now expired $5 promo code. Hopefully customer service will give us the additional credit if we e-mail.

Why do people think the Bulletstorm offer won't apply to previous preorders? Has that happened before on Amazon? Usually they are pretty good about that kind of stuff.

[quote name='bboy']Why do people think the Bulletstorm offer won't apply to previous preorders? Has that happened before on Amazon? Usually they are pretty good about that kind of stuff.[/QUOTE]

I wondered this too. I had Fable 3 CE ordered before there was a credit promotion. When the bonus was added, I automatically got the $20 applied to my account once the game shipped. I didn't have to contact Amazon or nothing.

The only time I had to re-order was with the Kinect promotion because the Kinect and the game had to be on the same order and mine were not. Otherwise, had they been I would of been applied the credit automatically (according to customer service).

I decided to get Bulletstorm with the $20 credit and I had it added to an existing order purchased with credit. When I had the Amazon email come back, this was at the top of it:

[quote name='Amazon email']First, I would like to thank you for your ongoing support and continual purchasing throughout the years. Your purchase history is outstanding and I would personally like to keep your patronage. You are certainly the type of customer that we would like to retain.[/quote]

:lol: I guess they decided to give me a pep-talk for all of my ordering?

[quote name='bboy']Why do people think the Bulletstorm offer won't apply to previous preorders? Has that happened before on Amazon? Usually they are pretty good about that kind of stuff.[/QUOTE]There have been a few pre-order promotions that they didn't honor that were time-based, though they're few and far between. Sometimes, it's best to cancel and re-order, just to make sure.

If they say "extended to all pre-orders", then there's no issue. If it's not there, it normally won't be an issue, though it's best to cancel and re-order, just to be sure.

[quote name='wtrswoopes']I wondered this too. I had Fable 3 CE ordered before there was a credit promotion. When the bonus was added, I automatically got the $20 applied to my account once the game shipped. I didn't have to contact Amazon or nothing.

The only time I had to re-order was with the Kinect promotion because the Kinect and the game had to be on the same order and mine were not. Otherwise, had they been I would of been applied the credit automatically (according to customer service).[/QUOTE]

it's because in the past they would say it was for all pre-orderes and that line is no longer in there...also a few people have found that in emails they were not going to get the new amount unless they had emailed them....

pre-ordered Bulletstorm...I was thinking of just waiting on it, but i might as well pick it up at $57.99 and $20 credit...plus I can put that credit towards Homefront...

Dammit Amazon!

Finances have been a little tight this month, and with only $10 of GC i was able to pass on Bulletstorm. (Despite having a lot of fun with the demo) $20 of GC on the other hand, I just don't think I can resist it. >=| Funny how $10 can change my opinion so quickly. In any case, In for 1x. =P

FINE AMAZON. TAKE ALL MY MONEY.

Well I am usually REALLY cheap and almost never buy a game on release day but I told myself if they get the credit to $20 I would bite. I already have $53 in credit waiting from the $20 living social deal and trading in Borderlands and RDR for $33. So to get this for $15 out of pocket and then another $20 credit is pretty much a done deal for me. Now to figure out what to do with the $20 credit.

Well, not doing the $20 credit on the PC version of Bulletstorm, besides it being another crap full price PC port, makes my decision for me I guess. So now dibs on the credit popping up now for KZ3?

So the price for Bulletstorm is now $59.95 so I guess the it is an extra $8 in credit for those who waited since they were selling it at $57.99 before the latest deal. Still in for 1 on Xbox but it does make me wonder if they won't be giving the additional credit to the early orders.

Anyone know how long the credit is usually good for? Do they ever expire? I did not see anything in the OP and Amazon does not specify.

[quote name='shrike4242']I decided to get Bulletstorm with the $20 credit and I had it added to an existing order purchased with credit. When I had the Amazon email come back, this was at the top of it:

There have been a few pre-order promotions that they didn't honor that were time-based, though they're few and far between. Sometimes, it's best to cancel and re-order, just to make sure.

If they say "extended to all pre-orders", then there's no issue. If it's not there, it normally won't be an issue, though it's best to cancel and re-order, just to be sure.[/QUOTE]

Just so ya know shrike... when you have an item added to an existing order, the order date is when the original order is placed... so with time specific credits it can cause slight issues. They'll usually still give them tho.

I was going to wait for reviews before picking up this game, but had to bite on the $20 credit.

It's interesting that the credit is good on all items sold and shipped by amazon, not just video games. Do they often give those types of credits?

Actually... since this Bulletstorm w/$20 credit is "upgraded" to the Limited Edition, that probably means they ran out of the Epic Edition that had the Gears Of War 3 beta with it, huh? Now there's only "limited edition" versions available, like for the PS3?

If you click "Here's How" in the promotion description, a window pops up and says in the terms and conditions:

If you do not purchase the qualifying item when the promotion is in effect or during any preceding pre-order period, if applicable, the promotional credit will not apply.

during any preceding pre-order period = promo applies to existing pre-order????

When I pre ordered cod black ops I got the $20 credit and the lithograph as well as a price drop of $5 I think, so if you pre ordered early they will give you what ever they offer while you had it pre ordered

[quote name='eau']If you click "Here's How" in the promotion description, a window pops up and says in the terms and conditions:

If you do not purchase the qualifying item when the promotion is in effect or during any preceding pre-order period, if applicable, the promotional credit will not apply.

during any preceding pre-order period = promo applies to existing pre-order????[/QUOTE]
Yep that's what it sounds like. I wish theyd add these credits sooner. I might have actually bought the game from them if that had been the case.

[quote name='foxdvd']it's because in the past they would say it was for all pre-orderes and that line is no longer in there...also a few people have found that in emails they were not going to get the new amount unless they had emailed them....[/QUOTE]

Amazon just addressed this on Twitter. Everyone who preordered previously will get the $20 credit:

http://twitter.com/amazongames/statuses/38399936064258048

[quote name='meager']Actually... since this Bulletstorm w/$20 credit is "upgraded" to the Limited Edition, that probably means they ran out of the Epic Edition that had the Gears Of War 3 beta with it, huh? Now there's only "limited edition" versions available, like for the PS3?[/QUOTE]

No such thing as a "limited edition" on 360. Only Epic and regular once those run out. I doubt they have run through their copies of Epic just yet.

[quote name='bojay1997']No such thing as a "limited edition" on 360. [/QUOTE]

Not according to the "Bonus Offer" box on the amazon page.

[quote name='meager']Not according to the "Bonus Offer" box on the amazon page.[/QUOTE]
They probably just have limited edition for all three because the Bonus offer box does not change. It's always been like that. Only the 360 version contains the GOW Beta though and that's why they call it the epic edition.

$10 credit for LEGO Star Wars on 3DS. Is that the first ever deal for a 3DS game? Fighting games aside, this is the one I've been eyeing from the launch line-up.

bread's done
Back