Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xFatalFlaw']You do realize that putting credits on a non-blockbuster title is probably better for them then putting it on a game that will already sell regardless(InFamous 2, GoW 3, Halo, MW 3, etc.). Just saying it makes lots of sense if you think about it.[/QUOTE]

But GOW3 has a $20 credit ;) And I have it locked it at I think 54.99 from a goldbox deal way back when. I may profit on that trade-flip at Amazon depending on if they price-drop it at all before.

L.A Noire is being sent in Friday after I finish the two DLC's I got. $37 when I paid 19.99 isn't bad. And for any "new" DLC I want I have GameFly. As much as it rocks having games, maximizing my budget makes sense as well. NCAA 11 is leaving for 13 bucks when I should have sent it in six months ago for ~26 like it was. I don't like huge libraries when I can recycle games for credits . Consider it my extended amazon coupon train :lol:

[quote name='perfectsil']Infamous 2 is available at red box :). Think I'm just going to rent and fnish it in a weekend[/QUOTE]

props to you if you can, it took me over 20 hrs to beat the first one.

[quote name='JJBro1']does anyone know how to separate promotional credit so it's not all used at once on one order?[/QUOTE]

You can't do it. You can only decide to apply the promo balance or not to the order. Why would it matter if you use it all at once or not? Just save whatever money you were going to spend on top of the promo credit on the first purchase for the second one and it becomes a wash.

[quote name='JJBro1']does anyone know how to separate promotional credit so it's not all used at once on one order?[/QUOTE]

You can place an order for a pre-order that's for the amount of whatever you DON'T want to use, then make your actual order and you'll use the amount left.

Then cancel the dummy order, lol. If you wanna go that route, but yeah there's no point. Why would you want to do that?

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']You can place an order for a pre-order that's for the amount of whatever you DON'T want to use, then make your actual order and you'll use the amount left.

Then cancel the dummy order, lol. If you wanna go that route, but yeah there's no point. Why would you want to do that?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if it's what the other guy's talking about. But I wish I was able to separate promotional credit from GC credit, especially on a pre-order since it uses up my GC credit right away even though I won't be getting the game for several months. I'd rather just use the little bit of promotional credit on the pre-order just so that it doesn't expire. Even though I know in the end that I'm going to end up paying for it anyway, I'd like to keep my GC credit to use for things that I actually buy and use now.

[quote name='azngtlman']I'm not sure if it's what the other guy's talking about. But I wish I was able to separate promotional credit from GC credit, especially on a pre-order since it uses up my GC credit right away even though I won't be getting the game for several months. I'd rather just use the little bit of promotional credit on the pre-order just so that it doesn't expire. Even though I know in the end that I'm going to end up paying for it anyway, I'd like to keep my GC credit to use for things that I actually buy and use now.[/QUOTE]
You can separate GCs from credits but require some work:

1. Place a dummy pre-order without using any credits or GC (a pre-order so that it won't enter shipping)
  2. View that order's detail page and apply GC to the order
  3. Now that your GC is tugged away in the dummy order, go spend your credits on the stuff that you want
  4. Cancel the dummy order to have your GC returned to your account

[quote name='eau']You can separate GCs from credits but require some work:

1. Place a dummy pre-order without using any credits or GC (a pre-order so that it won't enter shipping)
  2. View that order's detail page and apply GC to the order
  3. Now that your GC is tugged away in the dummy order, go spend your credits on the stuff that you want
  4. Cancel the dummy order to have your GC returned to your account
[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I was confused at first as I tried to change payment method instead of clicking on order details.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']You can't choose separately to apply game promo credit and/or apply gift certificates? Do they get combined on the same checkbox?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, one check box to use promotional/gc credit

Amazon looks like they are really going away from these kinds of offers as much as possible anymore. Maybe they gained enough market share after the great deals from last year and hope it can continue even without the credit deals.

[quote name='jsvalmont']Amazon looks like they are really going away from these kinds of offers as much as possible anymore. Maybe they gained enough market share after the great deals from last year and hope it can continue even without the credit deals.[/QUOTE]

We'll see if that has an extended effect. I only buy from amazon because of the credit deals. Otherwise, I'll either pick it up at target (did this for inFamous 2), or wait for a sale. Even with Amazon's release day shipping, i never get the games until around 6-7pm anyway.

[quote name='jsvalmont']Amazon looks like they are really going away from these kinds of offers as much as possible anymore. Maybe they gained enough market share after the great deals from last year and hope it can continue even without the credit deals.[/QUOTE]
It's not Amazon really it's Walmart. Watch here for Walmart to update their deals (it's been quite awhile since they have) and then Amazon almost always matches them.

I'm kind of surprised though there's no deal for Transformers, Alice, Shadows of The Damned...a lot of upcoming games and still nothing for them. There was one for Transformers awhile ago but both Walmart and Amazon removed their deals for it.

is there any way within amazon to check when a promo credit expires? For example, the only way I know my Portal 2 credit expires 4/2012 is because it says so in the email amazon sent. But many credits have had far less time before expiration.

I really want a deal on a 250gb xbox. Not interested in the 4gb plus hard drive. There hasn't been a deal on the 250gb since they offered the $50gc + points deal which I missed out on by a day or two.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']But they've never matched K-Mart's credit deals... I didn't even realize OoT had $15 credit though. ~Might~ just get it from there.[/QUOTE]

All my recent buys (LA Noire, Infamous 2, etc) gave gone to Kmart honestly. They are offering great deals compared to everyone else.

Damn, I kept hoping that Amazon would throw out something, even a $5 credit, for Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3. With Kmart not even carrying it, I have begun looking around for deals, but it looks like there won't be one anywhere. It's gonna be tough buying a game for full price with no credit, deal, or coupon attached.

I bet when the big fall releases like resistance 3 that don't have credit will get it by then. I know kmart and other places will have credit or other good deals for at least most of the big fall release games. Amazon will match or make a good deal of their own. No way they let their momentum slip now that's for sure.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I bet when the big fall releases like resistance 3 that don't have credit will get it by then. I know kmart and other places will have credit or other good deals for at least most of the big fall release games. Amazon will match or make a good deal of their own. No way they let their momentum slip now that's for sure.[/QUOTE]

Up until inFamous 2, I would have agreed. The fact Amazon had no deal attached makes me wonder where they're going with the program. Was it simply a case of noone else (Wal-Mart) having any comaprable online pre-order credit offer ? Or maybe Amazon was testing the waters to see how the lack of credit affected sales? I cancelled my Amazon Infamous 2 pre-order the day before, as I assumed at the last minute something would be added and it never came. I can't and won't bring myself to pay $60 for a game without any sort of $ bonus attached :lol:

Summer and holiday season are completely different though. It'd be a pretty bold move if they didn't offer anything once Fall hits.

I don't think people should start crying about them not offering credit on ONE major release. The other titles mentioned are pretty damn obscure that they never would have credit anyways (OoT aside, but honestly before 3DS launched, what DS game had decent credit?).

Duke has credit, Alice had a very good price before they raised it back up. After next week, the release calendar is terrible until (arguably) Catherine, then the end of August. We're not gonna see many credits for a while, but they'll return.

[quote name='noisesquared']Up until inFamous 2, I would have agreed. The fact Amazon had no deal attached makes me wonder where they're going with the program. Was it simply a case of noone else (Wal-Mart) having any comaprable online pre-order credit offer ? Or maybe Amazon was testing the waters to see how the lack of credit affected sales? I cancelled my Amazon Infamous 2 pre-order the day before, as I assumed at the last minute something would be added and it never came. I can't and won't bring myself to pay $60 for a game without any sort of $ bonus attached :lol:[/QUOTE]

I also canceled my infamous 2 preorder from amazon when I saw it got no credit. I used that towards arkham city ( which does have credit ) insted. I was really surprised that infamous 2 didn't get a good deal ( except that buy infamous 2 get one of certin games for 30 bestbuy deal ). mabye all of our canceled pre orders will give them a wake up call. By this fall we will know for Sure if this program will be permanent or not

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Summer and holiday season are completely different though. It'd be a pretty bold move if they didn't offer anything once Fall hits.

I don't think people should start crying about them not offering credit on ONE major release. The other titles mentioned are pretty damn obscure that they never would have credit anyways (OoT aside, but honestly before 3DS launched, what DS game had decent credit?).

Duke has credit, Alice had a very good price before they raised it back up. After next week, the release calendar is terrible until (arguably) Catherine, then the end of August. We're not gonna see many credits for a while, but they'll return.[/QUOTE]

Yea. With the annual summer game drought comming no credit deals will be offered. The only notable summer release after infamous 2 will be deus ex in august. Fortunately, i stocked up on some big rpgs to keep me busy till the fall releases come out.

Amazon needs to start stepping it up, thinking about canceling prime next year and just making the long drive to Kmart for my games.

They better add credit to UC3. As much as I want it on day 1, I don't think I want to pay full retail without any credit.

Same goes for BF3.

[quote name='scarhawk']They better add credit to UC3. As much as I want it on day 1, I don't think I want to pay full retail without any credit.

Same goes for BF3.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Since I'm using my gears 3, arkham city and resistance 3 ( if resistance 3 gets credit that is ) credit on uncharted 3 credit for it would make it sweeter

All ;
I apologize for not having posted here lately and not read the entire thread. I seem to specifically recall that "TRNSFORMERS - Dark of The Moon" (PS3/X360) had the $ 10.00 pre-order PROMO.
As I often do I added it to my basket, but didn't check out until closer to release date. I am now finding out that the $ 10.00 promo seems to have 'vanished'.
Whereas I understood that these are being offered more rarely now, this seems to be the first time they simply removed it out from underneath us?
Please comment. I was counting on the $ 10.00 deal(s) and paying full retail (and no release date shipping) makes AMAZON a very poor choice @ least for this game.

Comments welcome !

[quote name='rewn']All ;
I apologize for not having posted here lately and not read the entire thread. I seem to specifically recall that "TRNSFORMERS - Dark of The Moon" (PS3/X360) had the $ 10.00 pre-order PROMO.
As I often do I added it to my basket, but didn't check out until closer to release date. I am now finding out that the $ 10.00 promo seems to have 'vanished'.
Whereas I understood that these are being offered more rarely now, this seems to be the first time they simply removed it out from underneath us?
Please comment. I was counting on the $ 10.00 deal(s) and paying full retail (and no release date shipping) makes AMAZON a very poor choice @ least for this game.

Comments welcome ![/QUOTE]
Yes they did have a $10 credit and they did remove it. Same with Walmart.com

I contacted CS and told them that it had a $10 credit when I ordered and asked if it was still going to be honored since it's no longer there. They just checked and said they didn't see it (duh..) so I told them ok I'd just cancel it. At that point he told me not to worry about canceling and he gave me a $10 credit right there.

So now if they honor it I'll end up with $20 in credit and if they dont I dont care I still got the $10 already.

Since the PRE-ORDER promo already was removed by the time I proceeded to "CHECKOUT" they are not willing to accomodate me - I just tried. I challenged "Well WHEN was this PROMO removed/expired" and of course they couldn't tell me.
My point / main gripe is - I've *NEVER* seen them expire a PROMO prior to releasing the game. As long as a given promo is offered related to PRE-ORDER you can usually 'take your time' to complete the order as long as it's PRIOR to release date. This is un-usual that they removed it 'in mid stream'.

Quite frustrating. I wonder if there's other PRE-ORDERS that are removed without notice.

Why would they have to notfiy anyone when a promotion was removed? If you ordered it, you would still get it or they would notify you. If you never ordered it, then that is on you

Yeah it happens. Dont put it in your basket and wait. Youre just screwing yourself if they do this or if there's a price drop. Just order it and you can cancel any time before it ships.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I hope they don't do this for arkham city and gears 3. I ordered Batman already and I'm going to order gears 3 this week[/QUOTE]
They wont do it on games like those most likely (unless Walmart.com does). If they remove it from Gears 3 I would only laugh at you. You should already have it ordered.

[quote name='rewn']Since the PRE-ORDER promo already was removed by the time I proceeded to "CHECKOUT" they are not willing to accomodate me - I just tried. I challenged "Well WHEN was this PROMO removed/expired" and of course they couldn't tell me.
My point / main gripe is - I've *NEVER* seen them expire a PROMO prior to releasing the game. As long as a given promo is offered related to PRE-ORDER you can usually 'take your time' to complete the order as long as it's PRIOR to release date. This is un-usual that they removed it 'in mid stream'.

Quite frustrating. I wonder if there's other PRE-ORDERS that are removed without notice.[/QUOTE]

It's not the first time they've removed credit offer right before the release date

[quote name='foltzie']Little surprised that there has been nothing on Zelda OOT.[/QUOTE]

Yeah me too. Convinced the wife to drive over to kmart on fathers day and pick it up for me as a gift. Which means I'll cancel my preorder and put my credits towards something else.

What about credit deals for Shadows of the Damned? It's coming out next week and all I see is the free digital soundtrack... I thought it would at least have $10 credit upon pre-ordering being an EA published game but I could be wrong ^^;

My amazon prime expires in July, but if I were to preorder Gears of War 3 now would I still get release date delivery or would it drop down to free basic shipping?

bread's done
Back