Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
Yo, can someone tell me If these pre-order game credits will be available near the release date. Like can i pre-order Gears 3 on September 12th, or something, and still get back the $20? or will they expire before september?

[quote name='mgorsi']Yo, can someone tell me If these pre-order game credits will be available near the release date. Like can i pre-order Gears 3 on September 12th, or something, and still get back the $20? or will they expire before september?[/QUOTE]
It's always better to preorder now. If the deal gets better, you will get the better deal, but if it gets worse, you're out of luck.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']Thanks for the confirmation, guys. Currently I have $40 in BB GC and $20 digital GC. I know what I'm getting![/QUOTE]

IIRC, the kindle gift cards are sold in increments of $25 and $50... just so you know. I still have $6 left over from my last game trade-in.

Does anyone know if Amazon has ever "extended" a game's credit to its LE/CE? I'm hoping that they'll PM Best Buy's $69.99 price for the ME3 CE, but I noticed that the original version has a $10 promo credit and the CE does not.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']It's always better to preorder now. If the deal gets better, you will get the better deal, but if it gets worse, you're out of luck.[/QUOTE]

This. I got it for 54.99 on a goldbox offer AND a $20 promo. I don't really want it but for $35? With a possible credit back if it price drops?

Worth the risk for a solid game.

ok, so I will be getting $20 when they ship me Madden 11, and I want to only pay $40 and use the credit I will get from Madden. So tell me if I pre-order now, will I be able to use the credit and they only charge me $40.

[quote name='mgorsi']Thats why I want to wait until September to pre-order Gears 3. I am hoping they will have the $20 credit![/QUOTE]

Amazon typically match other retailers and Wal-Mart's $20 giftcard offer expires 11:59 day before it comes out. So I don't see Amazon recalling their offer before release.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Nope, you can try and get it added by calling customer service but they dont do it all the time

You have to use it when you place the order[/QUOTE]

I've never had them give it to me on an existing order, but i have had them fix the price on the second if it was different. But in this instance, it's be a extreme YMMV if CS allows it to happen.

Yea I don't see them taking it away, I pre-order LA Noire 1 day before release, and got the pre-order credit.

[quote name='azngtlman']IIRC, the kindle gift cards are sold in increments of $25 and $50... just so you know. I still have $6 left over from my last game trade-in.[/QUOTE]

thanks, will keep that in mind.

[quote name='KMunley']Didn't need to make a new thread... NCAA Finally has $20 credit plus the bonus offer (Guide) for $57![/QUOTE]
Wow you're on it. I checked that game for a credit about half an hour ago and there wasn't one, just the other bonus offer.

[quote name='KMunley']Didn't need to make a new thread... NCAA Finally has $20 credit plus the bonus offer (Guide) for $57![/QUOTE]

Ordered. Thanks for the heads up. I'll be using the $20 credit on the Madden Hall of Fame Edition, so this is a huge win win for me.

I'd had both NCAA 12 and Madden 12 on the same pre order, using my $20 credit from L.A. Noire, figuring that I'd just eat it on NCAA 12. Now with that getting a $20 credit, I canceled the Madden 12 order and will do another pre order for it so I can use my $20 credit I received from NCAA 12 on it.

Will previous pre-orders be given the $20 credit or will i have to cancel my current pre-order and make a new one to get the credit?

[quote name='BarrettDSP']Will previous pre-orders be given the $20 credit or will i have to cancel my current pre-order and make a new one to get the credit?[/QUOTE]
Does the offer not say -
"Pre-order NCAA Football 12 and get a $20 Amazon credit as well as the NCAA Football 12 Starter Guide, which is your handbook for the most essential offensive and defensive plays. A link to download the guide will be emailed to you on the day your product ships. The promotional credit will be added directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your order ships and is good toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. Offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Limit one per customer."

when you look at it?

Stupid me. I have $100 in Best Buy credit for my NCAA 12 pre-order. Hoepfully I can get to Best Buy, get some KINDLE cards, and use those to buy my NCAA 12 from Amazon. I just pre-ordered it, but didn't realize I can buy KINDLE cards....cool!

Amazon doing a $20 credit now makes me re-consider. Fortunately I can get it for $39.99 midnight at Wal-Mart and get their pre-order bonus of recruiting adviser or I may have jumped all over it again. I know NCAA will have a price drop after release, by Madden's release it was $50 last year and $40 post Nov 19 somewhere. So as much as I want to double dip on amazon I'll pass and stick it out at Wally world for the recruiting bonus and midnight release.

I'm hoping these following games get credit

.resistance 3
.uncharted 3
.assassins creed revelations
.twisted metal
.the vita when it comes out

I already have Batman and gears 3 preordered and most ofvthe following above are preordered as well please amazon dont let me down !

Is it just me or is Amazon starting to pull back on their preorder credits a little bit? I preordered almost 15 games from them and so far only 3 of them have store credit attached to them. Hell, we are only a month away from Deus Ex and it doesnt have one yet.

[quote name='meepnight']Is it just me or is Amazon starting to pull back on their preorder credits a little bit? I preordered almost 15 games from them and so far only 3 of them have store credit attached to them. Hell, we are only a month away from Deus Ex and it doesnt have one yet.[/QUOTE]

I think everyone is pulling back. It's like gas prices, if you ge that one to drop it's price down the whole street of stations drop in price. Sadly though a few have DEx credit and amazon doesn't yet.

Ill still buy from amazon since I have never been unsatisfied with their service and they dont charge tax in TX. Their 99 cent release day shipping is still worth it in terms of saving gas and time.

[quote name='meepnight']Is it just me or is Amazon starting to pull back on their preorder credits a little bit? I preordered almost 15 games from them and so far only 3 of them have store credit attached to them. Hell, we are only a month away from Deus Ex and it doesnt have one yet.[/QUOTE]

I think they are waiting to match kmart's credit deals. It was confirmed that they will have credit for the big releases so amazon is waiting

[quote name='ijustw1n']The FAQ doesn't show on the mobile version. So I'm asking, does Amazon credit not apply to sold by Amazon warehouse?[/QUOTE]
That's right. Preorder credit only applies to items shipped from and sold by Amazon.com.

True Amazon gift cards, on the other hand, apply to everything.

[quote name='Escobar4Life']Did Gears 3 Limited Edition have $20 in credit? I was going to order it today and find out it doesn't have it. ;___;[/QUOTE]
I doubt it. LEs rarely get the bonuses.

this is pathetic. what happened to my amazon promo creds? the 'season' didn't slow them to a crawl last year. i bet they wanted to get people noticing them, & now that they have, they are done with the MANY promos they did before. now it will be on less than 10 - 15 games a year (about 2-3 that i'll be interested in). oh well, such is life!

[quote name='Escobar4Life']Did Gears 3 Limited Edition have $20 in credit? I was going to order it today and find out it doesn't have it. ;___;[/QUOTE]

Only the vanilla edition has it not the limited one.

Don't know if anyone mentioned this, but could we change the title of this thread? The Portal 2 $15 credit is old and misleading, or can only Cheapy edit that?

[quote name='Brian22']How late can you preorder a game and get credit?

Could I preorder it the day before it comes out?[/QUOTE]

yeah.

All us PS3 gamers should complain to Amazon about the lack of promo credit for exclusive PS3 releases. Infamous 2 got nothing, Uncharted 3 and Resistance 3 are all slated for no promo credit. That sucks. Guess all PS3 gamers should get on the Best Buy 5 for $100 wagon if you get these 3 games.

[quote name='ijustw1n']All us PS3 gamers should complain to Amazon about the lack of promo credit for exclusive PS3 releases. Infamous 2 got nothing, Uncharted 3 and Resistance 3 are all slated for no promo credit. That sucks. Guess all PS3 gamers should get on the Best Buy 5 for $100 wagon if you get these 3 games.[/QUOTE]
Yeah nothing for Infamous 2 sucked but they did end up with credits for LBP2 and Killzone 3 just before they released. I'll definitely get Resistance and Uncharted somewhere else though if there's no credits for them.

The preorder bonus for UC3 is garbage anyway if it's just an early unlock.

[quote name='ijustw1n']All us PS3 gamers should complain to Amazon about the lack of promo credit for exclusive PS3 releases. Infamous 2 got nothing, Uncharted 3 and Resistance 3 are all slated for no promo credit. That sucks. Guess all PS3 gamers should get on the Best Buy 5 for $100 wagon if you get these 3 games.[/QUOTE]

It's more of a Sony issue than Amazon's.

[quote name='dealighted']gears of War 1 and two was so awesome each of them better than the last... I can only imagine what 3 is going to be like[/QUOTE]
I wasn't a fan of their multiplayer offerings though, bought every one the day the released and from playing the Gears 3 beta I can say it's definitely the best one yet.

On topic: Amazon better step it up, or else I may have to find a Best Buy to trade games and get pre-order deals from.

Anyone care to set odds on seeing another credit for Space Marine before release? The limited-time $7 credit they had before seemed a little too cheesy to be worth it.

Yea this thread has been long overdue. Might think about getting New Super Mario Bros Wii. I didn't know you get a $10 credit. It pops up in my GB often.
banner.png

I do notice the decline in Amazon credit promos as well. I know not a lot of people rely on Pachter, but this explains why Amazon does it beginning at the 1:50 mark:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/episode-218-pach-attack/716477

This is probably why Amazon also never does Amazon credit promos for Collector's editions... K-Marts doing well with those credits nowadays, and your BB's 5 for $100 is a good substitute... I just wish it was individual.

bread's done
Back