Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
Any idea how long Gears games take to fall in price? $40 (after $20 credit to be used later) at launch for Gears 3 sounds nice, but how long do you think it would take for the game to drop to the $30-$20 range (deal or regular price)? I'm only interested in finishing out the single player story, so the multiplayer part isn't important. (Will have BF 3 and UC 3 for that)

[quote name='yahoosale14']do they even do credit for pc games?[/QUOTE]

There have been titles in the past that have gotten $10, but I think In comparison to the volume of console games that get credits it would appear that PC games get offers more rarely; I'd assume due to very little retail competition.

I've never pre-ordered on Amazon. If I preorder Gears to get the $20 credit, do they charge anything before the release of the game, or as long as you have the pre-orden open you still get the credit?

[quote name='Sir Daniel Fortesque']I've never pre-ordered on Amazon. If I preorder Gears to get the $20 credit, do they charge anything before the release of the game, or as long as you have the pre-orden open you still get the credit?[/QUOTE]
You get charged when the game ships. The preorder credit will probably get applied to your account within a day or two after that.

[quote name='Sir Daniel Fortesque']So if I open a pre-order right now I get the extra credit when the game ships?

That's great.[/QUOTE]
Yup. One thing to note is that the game credit won't show up in your gift certificate balance; it will just be automatically applied to the next game you order. Also, video game credits have expiration dates, but it's typically after a year or so.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Yup. One thing to note is that the game credit won't show up in your gift certificate balance; it will just be automatically applied to the next game you order. Also, video game credits have expiration dates, but it's typically after a year or so.[/QUOTE]

So if I want fifa. I can use my gift card I have as well as get 20 off battlefield?

[quote name='pbnate88']So if I want fifa. I can use my gift card I have as well as get 20 off battlefield?[/QUOTE]

Purchase FIFA, apply gc.
When FIFA ships wait 2 days, credit email will be sent.
Preorder battlefield at $20 off.
???
Profit

[quote name='pbnate88']So if I want fifa. I can use my gift card I have as well as get 20 off battlefield?[/QUOTE]
Are you asking if you can combine regular gift certificate credit with a video game credit? If so, the answer is yes. It will apply the video game credit first and then apply any other credit you have.

Sorry was typing on phone. I have a gift card from a trade in I did with amazon worth 30. So with the Fifa credit of $20 that would be 50 plus 5 from swagbucks so hey BF3 for like $5 aint too bad

[quote name='pbnate88']Sorry was typing on phone. I have a gift card from a trade in I did with amazon worth 30. So with the Fifa credit of $20 that would be 50 plus 5 from swagbucks so hey BF3 for like $5 aint too bad[/QUOTE]

And by then BF3 will probably have a preorder credit, too, that you can use on your next order.

[quote name='mgford11']There have been titles in the past that have gotten $10, but I think In comparison to the volume of console games that get credits it would appear that PC games get offers more rarely; I'd assume due to very little retail competition.[/QUOTE]

Well it's $60 for PC. If the credit is anything less than $20, I'll just wait for a price drop. $10 just doesn't cut it.

[quote name='ploppsdman']I preordered NHL 12 when it had the $20 promotional credit. Now that it also has free release day shipping, can I just change the shipping manually ... or will it automatically happen? I'm like 3 percent wary to change it b/c I preordered with the $20 credit and I dont want to muff anything up.[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing and hopefully I won't get it screwed up as well. There's no record of me ordering with a $20 credit anywhere on my account... I should have at least taken a screen shot or something... I guess there's no guarantee that we'll get our $20 credit and we won't know until it ships.

[quote name='scarhawk']Well it's $60 for PC. If the credit is anything less than $20, I'll just wait for a price drop. $10 just doesn't cut it.[/QUOTE]

Well FEAR 3 for PC had a $20 credit and that was only a $50 game, so it's very possible BF3 for PC will have a $20 credit if the console versions do too.

[quote name='azngtlman']I did the same thing and hopefully I won't get it screwed up as well. There's no record of me ordering with a $20 credit anywhere on my account... I should have at least taken a screen shot or something... I guess there's no guarantee that we'll get our $20 credit and we won't know until it ships.[/QUOTE]
you will get the 20$ credit, but DON'T cancel. send them a message, or phone call & they will switch it to release day. if you cancel, you will only get the 10$, i promise (unless you do so under the authority of amazon).

just email. really quick, and 90% of the time they answer the way you think they should.

go to your account and look at the order. click "change shipping speed" and see if it shows up. if you ordered under prime & 2 day, it will do it automayically, but you can check to make sure. sometimes, if you want to pay the RDR costs (.99 cents now), it won't show up there if you preordered before it was available. if it doesn't show up, again, don't cancel. have the CSR rep do it for you so you'll still get the 20$. they know when you ordered it, and many people keep up with it (customers), so if you are the only one that says you should get 20$ instead of 10$, they might not do it (if they gave you the 10$ when you were supposed to get 20$). when they are inundated with complaints from others, they know they made a mistake. however, they've gotten right with me every time, so far (since uncharted 2? that's tons of promo credit).

I went ahead and preordered Rage. I was waiting to see if they would put up a credit deal...that along with some gift certs/promo certs made it an easy choice. Can't wait!

I love Amazon but they are dropping the ball when it comes to deals. I would love to get Deus Ex from them but Kmart is offering $20, Resistance 3 get nothing and again it looks like Kmart will give credit.

Deus Ex has a $10 credit for Xbox/PS3. Why no $20 you pansies?!!

And before someone says they dont see it, scroll down to the special offers and product promotions section. It's there :)

^^^ Was just going to post that. I think the credit was a pretty recent addition, though, because I didn't see it last weekend. So then Amazon lost my money on this one...

[quote name='Lucian']^^^ Was just going to post that. I think the credit was a pretty recent addition, though, because I didn't see it last weekend. So then Amazon lost my money on this one...[/QUOTE]
Yep they just added it. I was just about to cancel my order so I checked one last time and there it was. Was about to just get it at Kmart but now I can be lazy and just get it delivered.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Deus Ex has a $10 credit for Xbox/PS3. Why no $20 you pansies?!!

And before someone says they dont see it, scroll down to the special offers and product promotions section. It's there :)[/QUOTE]Graaah, why does it have to be only on the standard edition? Looks like I'll just be getting it at K-Mart or something. $5 off, a free print, and a $20 gift card I'll never get around to using is better than nothing. Amazon really needs to step it up.

[quote name='VVaffle']Graaah, why does it have to be only on the standard edition? Looks like I'll just be getting it at K-Mart or something. $5 off, a free print, and a $20 gift card I'll never get around to using is better than nothing. Amazon really needs to step it up.[/QUOTE]

Kmart has $5 off of Deus Ex?

Nevermind, I see the $5 off of $50 coupon on their front page. Looks like I'll be going to Kmart.

[quote name='VVaffle']Graaah, why does it have to be only on the standard edition?[/QUOTE]

I pre-ordered the Augmented Edition for PS3 last night and when I woke up this morning, I also received the $10 credit.

Maybe this was mentioned and I just missed it, but when you search for stuff like Deus Ex Amazon actually lists the credit/promotions before you visit the product page. Pretty nice since before you had to individually click on each one to see if they had a credit.

[quote name='blindinglights']I pre-ordered the Augmented Edition for PS3 last night and when I woke up this morning, I also received the $10 credit.[/QUOTE]

I just preordered that same game today but I havent gotten the 10 dollar credit yet.. Do they just take it off the bill or do they give it to you trough an email towards your next purchase? Thanks

[quote name='dealighted']I just preordered that same game today but I havent gotten the 10 dollar credit yet.. Do they just take it off the bill or do they give it to you trough an email towards your next purchase? Thanks[/QUOTE]

I don't see it on the product page as offering it for the Aug. Ed., like Jodou mentioned if it has credit it would be on the product page.

I'm not going to cancel my preorder for the Aug. Ed. and not get one (hearing its limited) even though I'd like to get $10 credit to put towards something else.

Any suggestions, email CS? Something else?

I'm not sure if it was a mistake on their end or what, but I've double checked a few times now and my order is definitely for :ps3: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Augmented Edition and this is the email they sent me this morning:

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Your recent video games purchases have netted you a total of $10* in Amazon.com credit.

Use your credit toward these or other great games at Amazon.com.

The only other video game purchase I have is :ps3: Dark Souls CE from a couple months ago. I don't see anything on that page about a $10 credit so it must be from Deus Ex.

[quote name='blindinglights']I'm not sure if it was a mistake on their end or what, but I've double checked a few times now and my order is definitely for :ps3: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Augmented Edition and this is the email they sent me this morning:

The only other video game purchase I have is :ps3: Dark Souls CE from a couple months ago. I don't see anything on that page about a $10 credit so it must be from Deus Ex.[/QUOTE]

If I get it I get it, if not so be it, thanks for letting me know, if I have time I might email CS and see if I can get the credit too.

Went ahead and cancelled my augmented edition of deus ex and ordered the standard edition. $20 savings just couldn't justify buying the augmented edition

[quote name='poker360']Went ahead and cancelled my augmented edition of deus ex and ordered the standard edition. $20 savings just couldn't justify buying the augmented edition[/QUOTE]

I think its well worth it. Its the basic principle of buy more save more and because of that principle I always buy more... And the savings I make allows me to buy more

I talked to CS after purchasing the augmented edition, and they said I was credited, but it's not showing up yet. I wonder if it is the typical 48 hour wait.

I'm confused about the Amazon pre-order for Deus Ex. On the page for the game (Xbox) it says $20 credit for the standard edition, but when I check out it says I qualified for a $10 credit. Anyone able to clarify this?

[quote name='wolve']But you don't get dickhat / cheevo points in the PC version. ;)[/QUOTE]
But you do get community mods and higher res textures. Although, this "dickhat" does sound interesting. . .

[quote name='bcjohnnie']I'm confused about the Amazon pre-order for Deus Ex. On the page for the game (Xbox) it says $20 credit for the standard edition, but when I check out it says I qualified for a $10 credit. Anyone able to clarify this?[/QUOTE]

After doing an online chat to clarify this, I'm not sure if I will get the $20 even though they say I will. The customer rep told me I would be getting the $20 credit 2 business days after the game ships, but the wording between the two credits are different.

The $10 credit offered before says it can be used on any Amazon item, while the $20 credit can only be used on a future video game purchase.

Since I'd rather have $20 rather than $10, I'm going to play it safe, cancel my pre-order and re-order it.

[quote name='CaseX']Since I'd rather have $20 rather than $10, I'm going to play it safe, cancel my pre-order and re-order it.[/QUOTE]
They switched it back to say $10, so moot point now.

Eesh well that wasnt very bright of them if they didnt want it to be $20. Does the promo credit fall under the pre-order price guarantee? I'd imagine you could argue it does and now everyone that complains will get $20 and not just $10.

bread's done
Back