Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jodou']They switched it back to say $10, so moot point now.[/QUOTE]

I have the transcript of my chat saying they'll give me $20 so we shall see....

I put Deux Ex in my cart when it said $20 but by the time I checked out it went to $10. I contacted a CSR and they said they'd honor the $10. Gotta love Amazon...

Does the Augmented Edition give any credit, I didn't see any. Dang it why do I love art books/special feature DVDs soo much (should have grabbed the reg edition) lol.

Just to follow up, Amazon sent me an email giving me $10 credit for Deus Ex, so I started up a chat and, after confirming that I did chat with someone while their website said $20 credit and the customer rep at the time said I would get $20 credit, they issued me $20 credit. Love Amazon. Also, great game so far.

[quote name='phantom2k2']So the special editions don't qualify for the amazon credit? (sorry if this was already answered)[/QUOTE]

Yes they do lol and yes it was :)

[quote name='dealighted']Yes they do lol and yes it was :)[/QUOTE]

Mind enlightening us all? Also I can't seem to find it anymore, how do you check how much credit you have on Amazon?

Historically, I've ordered CE/LE/SE games that had credit promos and have NOT gotten the credit. They usually give in after complaining, but it's not the same.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Mind enlightening us all? Also I can't seem to find it anymore, how do you check how much credit you have on Amazon?[/QUOTE]

If you go to amazon's mp3 downloads and click on any album there is a link on the right labled "Redeem a gift card or promotion code and view balance" - This will show you everything, amazon gift cards, game credits, and music/movie credits.

I emailed customer service last night about the credit and mentioned the page saying $20 at one point. The rep gave me the $20 credit on my Augmented Edition order, so I'm definitely happy I didn't go for the K-Mart deal since the Augmented Editions were in limited supply and I would have had to drive an hour to the closest K-Mart.

Never got my credit for DE, so I sent an email this morning and they're just issuing me a $10 refund instead. Works for me!

Now watch the credit show up a day late, like usual lol.

Erm, silly question, but does anyone recall if Catherine had credit tied to it?

Because a couple weeks ago, I got an email saying that I had credit from recent video game purchases as of 8/3 with nothing else specific (like product it came from, expiration date, etc). Just asking because I'm just confused. I think I'd remember it if Catherine had credit, but that was the first game I'd bought since probably last year from Amazon, so yeah.

[quote name='Saratinous']Erm, silly question, but does anyone recall if Catherine had credit tied to it?

Because a couple weeks ago, I got an email saying that I had credit from recent video game purchases as of 8/3 with nothing else specific (like product it came from, expiration date, etc). Just asking because I'm just confused. I think I'd remember it if Catherine had credit, but that was the first game I'd bought since probably last year from Amazon, so yeah.[/QUOTE]

I got one of those too despite the fact that I hadn't bought anything with credit in months. It's just a mass e-mail they sent out to anyone who received a credit at some point.

[quote name='Jodou']Never got my credit for DE, so I sent an email this morning and they're just issuing me a $10 refund instead. Works for me!

Now watch the credit show up a day late, like usual lol.[/QUOTE]

Yeah same, I'm waiting for tomorrow and then I'm going to call cs probably.

[quote name='bojay1997']I got one of those too despite the fact that I hadn't bought anything with credit in months. It's just a mass e-mail they sent out to anyone who received a credit at some point.[/QUOTE]

I got one too and sent them an email asking about it. From what I was told, it's good towards the purchase of stuff like Xbox Live subscriptions and possibly points cards, not physical games.

Just added the Need for Speed $10 credit to the main post. Walmart also offers the $10 egift but amazon has some sort of "challenge pack". Gamestop has another version of the "challenge pack".

[quote name='Jodou']Never got my credit for DE, so I sent an email this morning and they're just issuing me a $10 refund instead. Works for me!

Now watch the credit show up a day late, like usual lol.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Spybreak8']Yeah same, I'm waiting for tomorrow and then I'm going to call cs probably.[/QUOTE]

Called CS and was able to apply $10 credit to my order, aside from the credit I got from the pre-order, since the credit didn't apply automatically to DE so now I've got $20 credit in my account apparently. Nice to have credit but you know the whole thing about credit is using it the next purchase lol.

Amazon just posted this in re DE:HR preorders :

http://www.amazon.com/Pre-order-Credit-Update/forum/FxDH2R318V9MYO/Tx2NT27W7C0FFRZ/1

All customers who had pre-ordered the standard edition of "Deus Ex: Human Revolution" by 8/22/11 will get the $20 promotional credit. You should have received a $10 promotional credit when the game shipped, and we are working on having an additional $10 credit applied to your account.

-Amazon.com's Video Games team
that probably means some of the complainers MAY get $30
ymmv

[quote name='sladeums']Amazon just posted this in re DE:HR preorders :

that probably means some of the complainers MAY get $30
ymmv[/QUOTE]

damn...i missed the $20 promo credit window so I decided to skip the game and just wait for a price drop

i shouldve known amazon would be their usual awesome self and make up for it somehow

win some, lose some

[quote name='blackwaltz34']damn...i missed the $20 promo credit window so I decided to skip the game and just wait for a price drop

i shouldve known amazon would be their usual awesome self and make up for it somehow

win some, lose some[/QUOTE]

the digital download is now 34USD and 42USD respectively, not too bad a price i guess :D

I just saw that CoD MW3 has a $10 credit!!! How do I do it? Sorry... I'm dumb...

edit: Aw WTF it's a $10 credit for some turtle beach headphones. BOOOOOOO

[quote name='wilflare']the digital download is now 34USD and 42USD respectively, not too bad a price i guess :D[/QUOTE]

i would need to upgrade my computer to run it decently

lol...i'll just hope it shows up in a b2g1 sale on amazon in the future

Thinking of pre ordering Gears of War 3 for Savage Kantus... IMO best pre order character off all the pre orders.

Wondering how long would the game take to ship to Massachusetts & will I get it on release day or not ?????

[quote name='MillionBlades']Thinking of pre ordering Gears of War 3 for Savage Kantus... IMO best pre order character off all the pre orders.

Wondering how long would the game take to ship to Massachusetts & will I get it on release day or not ?????[/QUOTE]

In my experience its like 5 days

[quote name='MillionBlades']Thinking of pre ordering Gears of War 3 for Savage Kantus... IMO best pre order character off all the pre orders.

Wondering how long would the game take to ship to Massachusetts & will I get it on release day or not ?????[/QUOTE]

Gears has .99 cent release day shipping. You'd have it on Tuesday before noon or 1pm.

[quote name='mgford11']Gears has .99 cent release day shipping. You'd have it on Tuesday before noon or 1pm.[/QUOTE]

not necessarily that early.
it'll just be delivered that day.
depends on courier.

i always get mine UPS and they don't get it to me until 6-7pm.
bastards

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200180350&#track
Some carriers make deliveries to residential addresses as late as 7pm, so please allow sufficient time for the delivery.

edit :
Pro-Tip: they typically deliver to most businesses before residences

Amazon usually uses UPS for their RDD. They use the Next Day Air SAVER which requires the package to get there the next day but at no specific time.

they also will sometimes contract with local/regional couriers. cant remember the name of the one they use in SO AZ (for some of the deliveries), but when they do, it's a guy in a minivan, always before noon. when it's UPS, its usually 7pm.

Resistance 3 is 10 days away and there still isn't credit for it anywhere. I have it preordered but Im Considering pulling it back if there isn't going to be anything for it. I really want this game but with these games (well most of them) getting good deals right after launch I could wait at least a week or two

I'm sorry if this question was asked before; If I preordered Gears to be shipped to my house and I preordered another copy to be shipped to a friends house, would I get $40 Amazon credit and 2 Kantus skins?

[quote name='popular penguin']I'm sorry if this question was asked before; If I preordered Gears to be shipped to my house and I preordered another copy to be shipped to a friends house, would I get $40 Amazon credit and 2 Kantus skins?[/QUOTE]
No. Unless you make another account. I havent done it since Bioshock 2 came out but normally if you use 2 accounts you'll get 2 of whatever it is. Just remember though that the credits would each be on a different account so couldnt be stacked.

[quote name='ShockandAww']No. Unless you make another account. I havent done it since Bioshock 2 came out but normally if you use 2 accounts you'll get 2 of whatever it is. Just remember though that the credits would each be on a different account so couldnt be stacked.[/QUOTE]

I think I asked awhile back but was the answer that he'd get 2 kantus skins and 1 $20 credit?

if you preorder 2 games both with credit and one coming out the week after the other one will the credit be automatically be applied to the game that comes out the next week?

Do these last up until the day the game releases usually? I'm thinking about NHL, FIFA, and Gears but I don't want to wait too long and lose the deal.

Also, say if I buy FIFA right now, and buy NHL in a few days. When NHL releases can I apply the $10GC from it to FIFA? The items aren't charged until shipped, right?

[quote name='el swordo']if you preorder 2 games both with credit and one coming out the week after the other one will the credit be automatically be applied to the game that comes out the next week?[/QUOTE]
no, the credit is applied on purchases after you already have the credit in your account. if you want to use credit from the first game on the game that is coming out the following week, you'll have to wait for the credit to be applied to your account before preordering...

[quote name='roscooee']no, the credit is applied on purchases after you already have the credit in your account. if you want to use credit from the first game on the game that is coming out the following week, you'll have to wait for the credit to be applied to your account before preordering...[/QUOTE]

allright i'll cancel fifa and wait for the gears credit to be applied before preordering

[quote name='el swordo']allright i'll cancel fifa and wait for the gears credit to be applied before preordering[/QUOTE]

You don't need to cancel it to apply credit. If you go to change Shipping Speed. Then just leave it the way it is and click confirm, it will take you back to your order with a option to apply credit.

I've only tried it with gift card credit. I just assumed it would work for the promotional credit as well. If it doesn't work then cancel and reorder.

[quote name='Aerc']I've only tried it with gift card credit. I just assumed it would work for the promotional credit as well. If it doesn't work then cancel and reorder.[/QUOTE]
Okay, then nothing has changed and you still can't apply promotional credit to existing preorders.

Sometimes this isn't an issue, but if you already have an existing order with expired promotional credit attached (or a gold box price), you can't just cancel and reorder.

Just trying to be clear because there's already enough confusion in here at times.

i pre-ordered madden on amazon and selected day of delivery but they havent shipped yet. will it ship in the am? i've never pre-ordered off amazon this is my first time will i have it today? thanks for the help

[quote name='silentragedy']i pre-ordered madden on amazon and selected day of delivery but they havent shipped yet. will it ship in the am? i've never pre-ordered off amazon this is my first time will i have it today? thanks for the help[/QUOTE]

If you did release date delivery you will probibly get in the afternoon (I always do). Trust me you will get it on release day :)

[quote name='strait edge follower']If you did release date delivery you will probibly get in the afternoon (I always do). Trust me you will get it on release day :)[/QUOTE]

so i assume it ships in the morning then? thanks for the help and clearing up the confusion i had, brotha!

[quote name='silentragedy']so i assume it ships in the morning then? thanks for the help and clearing up the confusion i had, brotha![/QUOTE]

Nah, should already be on the way.

bread's done
Back