Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Aerc']Go to Amazon MP3 and click on a song or album. On the top right it will say Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance[/QUOTE]

That's funny. That's been in the faqs for like a year... Glad I wasted my time on those ;)

[quote name='Aerc']Go to Amazon MP3 and click on a song or album. On the top right it will say Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I was wondering the same thing. Any way to see when they expire?

My question is, why don't they just have this view in your account management? So dumb having to jump through hoops to see this when it's a no-brainer this kind of tool would be widely used.

[quote name='Jodou']My question is, why don't they just have this view in your account management? So dumb having to jump through hoops to see this when it's a no-brainer this kind of tool would be widely used.[/QUOTE]

I agree, maybe if enough of us raise concern about this issue, then things will change to our benefit

I am new to Amazon pre-orders. Got my Madden credit today, only to find the lesser $10 credit on NHL now available (release-date shipping seems to be showing up as 99 cents in my cart, which I would assume is a promotion, though not free). Although I've seen others asking similar questions already, which seem to have gone unanswered, I was wondering how these things tend to work (and whether I am missing something).

- What is the likelihood that the credit will go back up to $20 before release? Is it primarily based on whether other retailers offer the same? I know NHL isn't as high-profile of a release as Madden, of course, but I know my NHL 11 from Kmart had a $20 credit last year, and I am assuming the same will be true this year.

- Are the release-date delivery promotions separate from the credits, making me choose between the two if the credit were to change?

Thanks in advance. Sorry for my Amazon pre-order n00bishness.

I don't get it...I thought Dead Island was a really big title. They are getting no love from amazon. Is anyone doing any kind of pre-order bonus for it?!?

TIA!

[quote name='tecwrtr']I don't get it...I thought Dead Island was a really big title. They are getting no love from amazon. Is anyone doing any kind of pre-order bonus for it?!?

TIA![/QUOTE]
Amazon is! Oh wait, digital art book and maps. . .

[quote name='tecwrtr']I don't get it...I thought Dead Island was a really big title. They are getting no love from amazon. Is anyone doing any kind of pre-order bonus for it?!?

TIA![/QUOTE]
Kmart...$20 coupon if you're a SYWR member.

[quote name='blackwaltz34']did anyone receive their madden credit yet?[/QUOTE]

nope emailed them about that and my preorder code and got this

Regarding the $20 promotional credit, I have forwarded this issue to the appropriate department, they're working on it and it'll take a bit more time than usual

I just wanted to let you know I'll write back in 2-3 business days with more information.

got preorder code though

[quote name='Royal High Knight']My prime runs out later his montyh. I plan on using the $20 from GOW on MW3, do i have to pay shipping for release day shipping or is it free with the pre-order?[/QUOTE]

As long as you preorder with release date delivery before your Prime account runs out it should be free

i hope im not the only one that is a little disappointed that amazon for seemingly slowing down on the bonus credit department. i know its a bit much but i see josh working hard for kmart to offer some bonuses for big hit titles. anyway just got off customer service chat and urged them to add bonus credit to resistance 3 and deal island. feel free to do the same.

I have a couple of questions: how long does it usually take for a game to receive a credit promotion after it's become available for preorder, and what's the latest date a game has received one?

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='cRodz']you guys will get your credit eventually

amazon always come through[/QUOTE]

yeah they havent failed me yet though this is the first time i didnt get credit after sending out an email

1. Do you think MW3 will have any bonus credit?
2. Usually what time do the games arrive at your house? Usually I get a AMazon purchase anywhere from 2-6 pm, but I've never pre-ordered a game from them?

Still no update from Amazon on the additional $10 credit for DEHR. It would be dumb to contact them and ask, because their CSR would just go 'huurr, I see we already processed a $10 credit for this'. Sigh, nobody has got theirs right?

[quote name='Royal High Knight']1. Do you think MW3 will have any bonus credit?
2. Usually what time do the games arrive at your house? Usually I get a AMazon purchase anywhere from 2-6 pm, but I've never pre-ordered a game from them?[/QUOTE]
It all depends on the route of the driver. For pre-orders, most have had experience with it coming in the middle of the day around 1 PM. However there could be a chance, with a few of my packages, that they come around 6-8 PM since the driver is delivering to major businesses first.

In an optimistic note, I would imagine it would come anywhere between 1-3 PM.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']1. Do you think MW3 will have any bonus credit?
2. Usually what time do the games arrive at your house? Usually I get a AMazon purchase anywhere from 2-6 pm, but I've never pre-ordered a game from them?[/QUOTE]

1. For Black Ops they offered a $20 credit I believe.

2. The arrival time is based on whenever UPS/FedEx/USPS/etc delivers the package to your house. If you typically get packages between 2-6pm you will probably get it between 2-6pm.

The Gears of War 3 credit is worded differently than those of different titles. Do you think the promotional credit will only be applied to video game software or anything video game related i.e. accessories, consoles, subscription cards, etc. ????

Thanks for the reponses guys. As for the post above me I hope not. Im actually planning to use the $20 credit from GOW and use it on MW3 a day later since my Prime ends the 23rd. If all goes right I spend $100 on 2 goty contenders.

[quote name='Jodou']Still no update from Amazon on the additional $10 credit for DEHR. It would be dumb to contact them and ask, because their CSR would just go 'huurr, I see we already processed a $10 credit for this'. Sigh, nobody has got theirs right?[/QUOTE]

lol

sure got told

Sigh, doesn't look like Amazon is throwing any credit at Resistance 3. And, of course, my order has already entered the "shipping soon" phase. Gotta see if I can cancel it somehow.

[quote name='midnightexpress']PES 2012 updated with release date delivery and $10 credit.[/QUOTE]
Er, why hasn't this yet been added to the page? I submitted an edit for the page, but it still hasn't been approved? It's slightly biased if you favor only certain games and not its competitors on the homepage. Since there are people like me who were looking to get both games, and especially a deal for PES 2012, this would have helped them, so I can't see why it wasn't approved. Strange stuff.

[quote name='midnightexpress']Er, why hasn't this yet been added to the page? I submitted an edit for the page, but it still hasn't been approved? It's slightly biased if you favor only certain games and not its competitors on the homepage. Since there are people like me who were looking to get both games, and especially a deal for PES 2012, this would have helped them, so I can't see why it wasn't approved. Strange stuff.[/QUOTE]
lol

The Gears of War 3 credit is worded differently than those of different titles. Do you think the promotional credit will only be applied to video game software or anything video game related i.e. accessories, consoles, subscription cards, etc. ????

[quote name='Parkerktm']The Gears of War 3 credit is worded differently than those of different titles. Do you think the promotional credit will only be applied to video game software or anything video game related i.e. accessories, consoles, subscription cards, etc. ????[/QUOTE]

Might be since it says future video game purchase. Still too good of a deal to pass up though.

[quote name='Royal High Knight'] what time do the games arrive at your house? Usually I get a AMazon purchase anywhere from 2-6 pm, but I've never pre-ordered a game from them?[/QUOTE]

it will come the same time as the rest of your purchases normally do. They don't ship it any different. I'm one of the last stops on their route so I never get my release date games until between 5-7. Really sucks when it's a game I'm really excited for.

Sucks no credit on Dead Island. Guess i'll wait for a price drop since i'm busy with Madden and wrapping up other games.

I just moved and my UPS person leaves my packages on the porch at right about 5pm religiously now. I work 2nd shift so on some games i'll buy it at Walmart on my way home from work and then return the Amazon copy a couple days later using the receipt from midnight launch. Did this with Madden last week. Impatient!! :cool:

My copy of resistance 3 shipped already. Just gotta prey that amazon offers credit for the game this week. If anything I atleast have a great game I've been looking foward to for 3 years comming on release day :)

im not sure if this is an amazon thing, or the mail carrier, but how do you guys get your games delivered? do they come to your door or put it in the mailbox?

[quote name='yahoosale14']im not sure if this is an amazon thing, or the mail carrier, but how do you guys get your games delivered? do they come to your door or put it in the mailbox?[/QUOTE]

mailbox usually for me. but our carrier would be considered a rural one for USPS and our mailbox is at the end of our long driveway

[quote name='yahoosale14']im not sure if this is an amazon thing, or the mail carrier, but how do you guys get your games delivered? do they come to your door or put it in the mailbox?[/QUOTE]

always at the front door. I think depending on where you live and how they ship your item they have a deal with the post office. They basically deliver your game to the post office and then they deliver it as part of your regular mail. I've had that happen with a couple of times before I joined prime. For the last few years, with prime, I've always had my stuff dropped on my front door.

[quote name='strait edge follower']My goodness its not looking good for resistance 3 credit. This is infamous 2 part 2. Why amazon :([/QUOTE]

The gaming heaven know as Amazon is falling, thankfully a new champion has stepped up with plenty of credit to give out, and his name is "Kmart".

bread's done
Back