Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='veronesepk']If you pre-ordered before then, do you automatically get the 20 dollar credit?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you should. If not, contact an Amazon rep by chat or email.

[quote name='Brad13186']Newbie here. $20 for GOW3 epic or just regular?[/QUOTE]

Just regular. They normally do not offer pre-order promo credit for "special" editions.

I'm on the fence with GOW. I know it's going to be great but for a system I rarely if ever turn on I can't convince myself to spring the 35 bucks (60-25 match=35). Yes, it looks and will be great. Just can't do it. I had to return Deus Ex as I just didn't have the time needed to play it well so picking up another game woulda made returning Deus a moot point.

[quote name='caponesgun']I'm on the fence with GOW. I know it's going to be great but for a system I rarely if ever turn on I can't convince myself to spring the 35 bucks (60-25 match=35). Yes, it looks and will be great. Just can't do it. I had to return Deus Ex as I just didn't have the time needed to play it well so picking up another game woulda made returning Deus a moot point.[/QUOTE]
I'm getting it to justify owning a 360. I haven't bought a single game for it this year otherwise.

[quote name='Jodou']I'm getting it to justify owning a 360. I haven't bought a single game for it this year otherwise.[/QUOTE]

For others like me the opposite is true. I rarely play games on my PS3, but I watch movies on it all the time though. ;)

I should get around to playing my copies of Uncharted 1 & 2, but until I do I won't bother getting UC 3.

$10 on UFC 3 is tempting though Gamestop is offering 4 "rising stars" which I think are Nick Diaz, Mayhem Miller, Brian Stank, and Phil Davis. They should all be in the game to begin with. Looks like I may have to side with the devil here

[quote name='Artificial Idiot'] In the Order Summary and Invoice page, it says Grand Total $20. Which amount will I end up paying?[/QUOTE]

The price in the invoice is the one you pay.

[quote name='guitarguy']yeah, i better get the $20 pre-order credit[/QUOTE]

I am chatting with rep right now because I only got the 10 dollar credit when I ordered it was 20. I had to insist that I would return the game and then they game me the proper amount. When I ordered it was 20 and they said it was 10. Amazon fixed it though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a quick question. I have $40 in amazon credit. If I want to pick up Gears 3 to get the $20 credit, and select release date delivery, when will I get billed for the $21? I don't get paid until thursday(dont want to be overdrafted) but don't want to miss out on release date delivery

In my case, using release-date delivery, 70% of the time it ships on Monday and 30% on Saturday. And I always get my games on Tuesday :)

[quote name='Jodou']I'm getting it to justify owning a 360. I haven't bought a single game for it this year otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Because we only bought our 360's to play exclusives.........

[quote name='ral1121']Because we only bought our 360's to play exclusives.........[/QUOTE]
Believe me, had I known that GoW and Fable would eventually come to PC I wouldn't have bothered. Even then, not all of those franchises have been ported and when they were it was years later. To date, I own Alan Wake, Fable II & III, and GoW 1 & 2. I barely played the thing and it still had to be replaced after two years by M$ (GG RROD). Next generation, they will not get a dime from me.

[quote name='FerDK']In my case, using release-date delivery, 70% of the time it ships on Monday and 30% on Saturday. And I always get my games on Tuesday :)[/QUOTE]

Mine used to ship on Sat, but they always ship Mon now. Only exception is when Mon is a holiday & then it ships Sat.

D[quote name='Jodou']Believe me, had I known that GoW and Fable would eventually come to PC I wouldn't have bothered. Even then, not all of those franchises have been ported and when they were it was years later. To date, I own Alan Wake, Fable II & III, and GoW 1 & 2. I barely played the thing and it still had to be replaced after two years by M$ (GG RROD). Next generation, they will not get a dime from me.[/QUOTE]

Congrats, you don't like playing good games

Hope you like being in the minority

[quote name='OregonDealz']The upcoming Ace Combat has a 10$ credit now, so for all those that ordered at 45$ nice.[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah. I jumped on that and was able to apply one of my other $20 credits to it as well.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Congrats, you don't like playing good games

Hope you like being in the minority[/QUOTE]
Enlighten me, what are these 'good games' I'm missing out on.

I think the only minority here are those with blind devotion.

[quote name='Jodou']Enlighten me, what are these 'good games' I'm missing out on.

I think the only minority here are those with blind devotion.[/QUOTE]

Well, I have to say your the one sounding like a hurt fanboy here. Anyways I enjoy the 360s controller and online component more than any other console. I buy a majority of multiplats on 360 and I think that's all that was trying to be expressed to you, but your biased brain missed it.

I also love my ps3, Wii and gaming CPU. They all have their strengths and weaknesses.

Enough fanboy comments, it's the bane of the gaming community, a sign of immaturity and holds us down as a whole.

[quote name='flaproosta08']so do we get 20 and 10 dollar certs now for fifa?[/QUOTE]

One or the other. Whichever value u ordered at, unless it's higher at time of shipping.
Ex; order at $10 but raises to $20 and ships = $20
Order at $20, drops to $10 and ships = $20

how quickly do you think gears will drop in price? only interested in playing online coop. the person i will be playing with will never trade in the game and play through the campaign multiple times anyway so no real reason to get it on day one. would rather pay $40 no credit than $60 with $20 credit. i'm getting fifa the week after anyway. also preordered hardened edition of mw3 at gamestop any chance amazon has a deal on it? if i preorder it on amazon and they announce credit will i still get it? thinking of getting it on amazon since i have prime anyway and they don't charge tax. but then again by the time it comes out i will forget about the $10 i put on it on it at gamestop and that will cover the tax.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']No credit on PC version of Skyrim? That's fairly messed up.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately it's a pattern that seems unlikely to change anytime soon. The only PC release I can recall getting promotional credit is Deus Ex; before that, StarCraft 2 might've received some.

Not sure if this has been thrown out there yet but a few weeks back I did a chat with a Amazon rep and really pushed for Arkham City Collector's Edition to get the same credit and the comic that comes with the standard edition. She basically said there wasn't anything she could do but would shoot an email to whoever handles the credits to put in my suggestion.

Well, I noticed earlier this week that the collector's ed now comes with the free comic so I guess I won half the battle. Maybe they will add the credit if a few others complain? I doubt it but maybe it's worth a shot..

So, just checked today and COD MW3 Hardened only gets a free Wallpaper, and $10 credit towards purchase of Turtle Beach headset. Actually same deal for normal edition too. Not really a convincing offer.

BF3 gets a multiplayer Dog Tag Pack and a map pack expansion. Why not $10-20 credit?

I figure they are huge sellers but other companies are offering nice deals on them now (Newegg) and hinting at good deals (Kmart, usually a $20 coupon). I guess time will tell.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']No credit on PC version of Skyrim? That's fairly messed up.[/QUOTE]

its been like this ever since they started offering credit. for the most part pc versions get absolutely no love promo credit wise.

[quote name='Ardrid']Unfortunately it's a pattern that seems unlikely to change anytime soon. The only PC release I can recall getting promotional credit is Deus Ex; before that, StarCraft 2 might've received some.[/QUOTE]

Rage has it, and since you mentioned Starcraft 2 which was only on PC, Stronghold 3's got it. I ordered both for instant savings at other places already, though.

That's bullshit. If they can raise the price on PC games for no good reason, then Amazon best wise up and offer credit across the board. No excuse for this nonsense.

[quote name='roscooee']why are you angered by that. you arent owed credit for preordering a game.[/QUOTE]
It made sense when a PC game was $50 and consoles got a $10 credit. That to me was fair enough, but to charge $60 abroad and only give consoles $10 credits is BS. I get why though: they're just matching Walmart and are incapable of creating their own deals sadly. Amazon has really dropped the ball.

[quote name='el swordo']how quickly do you think gears will drop in price? only interested in playing online coop. the person i will be playing with will never trade in the game and play through the campaign multiple times anyway so no real reason to get it on day one. would rather pay $40 no credit than $60 with $20 credit. i'm getting fifa the week after anyway. also preordered hardened edition of mw3 at gamestop any chance amazon has a deal on it? if i preorder it on amazon and they announce credit will i still get it? thinking of getting it on amazon since i have prime anyway and they don't charge tax. but then again by the time it comes out i will forget about the $10 i put on it on it at gamestop and that will cover the tax.[/QUOTE]

Gears 3 will likely be on sale during BF / holidays for $40 or less. In terms of MSRP drop, not till next year. I'm using a bunch of credit and gift cert balance to get my copy for $15. :)

[quote name='Jodou']It made sense when a PC game was $50 and consoles got a $10 credit. That to me was fair enough, but to charge $60 abroad and only give consoles $10 credits is BS. I get why though: they're just matching Walmart and are incapable of creating their own deals sadly. Amazon has really dropped the ball.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping that since they've got a rep for DD's here, they'll work on some pre-order download deals. I asked our rep friend about it, but got no reply though.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I'm hoping that since they've got a rep for DD's here, they'll work on some pre-order download deals. I asked our rep friend about it, but got no reply though.[/QUOTE]
Retail or no deal. :nottalking:

bread's done
Back