Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
I placed an order for Halo Anniversary for now since it has the 10$ credit and I figured I would have gotten it either way as I am a huge fan of the franchise.

[quote name='hanun1002']I just wonder if I can use a promotional credit from amazon to buy PSN card.
Any of you tried this before?[/QUOTE]
Physical PSN cards yes, I'm not sure about their digital codes though.

[quote name='Zurcamos']I'm pretty sure it's been that price for a while now, but if anyone missed it, it's not a bad deal for a new release.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wish it would apply to the PS3 version as well, though. I'm buying it entirely with credit from other things so it's not that big a deal. Their inconsistency with multi-platform stuff has been off this year (Skyrim is actually most expensive on PC due to no credit).

[quote name='hanun1002']I just wonder if I can use a promotional credit from amazon to buy PSN card.
Any of you tried this before?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jodou']Physical PSN cards yes, I'm not sure about their digital codes though.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that you cannot use promotional credit on digital PSN codes. I tried last week with my $20 Gears 3 credit and it would not apply.

[quote name='strait edge follower']So amazon How about assasins creed and uncharted credit huh ? And why did the halo remaster get credit but not the ps3 collections that just came out ? Kinda odd[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping they'll add some UC3 credit otherwise I might cancel my order with them once again. Amazon is starting to blow it and Kmart is picking up my business, I've already cancelled MW3 and Skyrim is still on the chopping block along with UC3.

[quote name='Jodou']Physical PSN cards yes, I'm not sure about their digital codes though.[/QUOTE]
Works on digital too, it applied on one that I bought recently.

[quote name='mitnosi']Works on digital too, it applied on one that I bought recently.[/QUOTE]

Was this with a "videogame credit" or was it just with Amazon credit? I think this is where some of the confusion may be occurring.

[quote name='Lucian']Was this with a "videogame credit" or was it just with Amazon credit? I think this is where some of the confusion may be occurring.[/QUOTE]

Probably the case. The Gears 3 credit was a Video Games Credit so that's probably why it didn't work for me on the digital PSN code.

i love amazon and all, but theyve been dropping the ball lately when it comes to distributing promo credits to me

the past few times, ive had to email them about it and it looks like i'll have to do it again for fifa.

I got my $ credit, but not the fathead. I chatted with them, the person on chat sent an email to another department. That department couldn't help me. Then I just sent an email myself and it was 100% fixed. So I guess I'm not going to use the chat for help anymore.

[quote name='fmwross2']I got my $ credit, but not the fathead. I chatted with them, the person on chat sent an email to another department. That department couldn't help me. Then I just sent an email myself and it was 100% fixed. So I guess I'm not going to use the chat for help anymore.[/QUOTE]

i got the fathead, but no credit

[quote name='KrzyHpnKricket']Probably the case. The Gears 3 credit was a Video Games Credit so that's probably why it didn't work for me on the digital PSN code.[/QUOTE]

I confirm that my amazon credit from fifa 12 works on the digital PSN card. :D
Thanks guys.

[quote name='hanun1002']I confirm that my amazon credit from fifa 12 works on the digital PSN card. :D
Thanks guys.[/QUOTE]
That's like confirming the sky is blue. . .

Look, if it says gaming credit, it doesn't work. General Amazon credit works on just about everything.

I'm missing out because I don't have prime. I don't see a mention of a credit or a fathead with my soon to be shipping Fifa12. I placed the order back in mid-August.
Is the fathead a digital code to redeem at Amazon or is something that is supposed to ship with the game?

I've been busy and haven't been following the thread.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I sent amazon the word that kmart is giving 20 gaming coupon for nba 2k12, wonder if we get enough people to do that amazon would change theirs to 20.[/QUOTE]

how did you do that? wouldn't you need an ad or something from their website to show? don't get me wrong, I'm grabbing this game from amazon as well and would love an extra $10 credit for it. so i'm in to help :)

It's unfortunate that the PC version of Skyrim doesn't get the $10 credit, would have picked that and something else up. )=

[quote name='conflag']It's unfortunate that the PC version of Skyrim doesn't get the $10 credit, would have picked that and something else up. )=[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm bummed about this. Maybe they'll add it within the month?

I'm not sure what this helps or how big of a deal it'll be but the other day I was in a chat with an Amazon rep about the collector's ed of Arkham City getting the promotional credit as well and she said that she couldn't manually do anything herself and it sounded like nothing would be changing for that game. BUT she talked them up like there were much better deals coming this fall in general for video games. Whether that is getting an extra 99 cent DLC...I don't know but definitely made me interested because I NEVER shopped at Amazon until about 6 months ago then the deals really tapered off so I guess we'll see!

I'm slightly disappointed in Amazon with my preorder of Gears of War. I already redeemed the credit and receieved that game, but I still not have received Gears yet...nearly 2 weeks later. The same thing happened when I preordered Catherine.

I do not have the Prime Membership since everything I order from there is always at least $25, but still, they need to fix this or it will put a damper on any games
I may preorder from them in the future.

[quote name='EndersGamer']I'm slightly disappointed in Amazon with my preorder of Gears of War. I already redeemed the credit and receieved that game, but I still not have received Gears yet...nearly 2 weeks later. The same thing happened when I preordered Catherine.

I do not have the Prime Membership since everything I order from there is always at least $25, but still, they need to fix this or it will put a damper on any games
I may preorder from them in the future.[/QUOTE]

Have you considered paying the ridiculously small amount of .99c to have it delivered on the day it comes out?

is it just me or did CoD: MW3 used to have a $10 promo credit? I think i preordered it when it was offering a $10 promo credit (plus the $10 credit towards the MW3 headset) but now I only see the headset promo. Was the $10 AMZ credit ever offered or did I just mix them up?

[quote name='Donut2922']is it just me or did CoD: MW3 used to have a $10 promo credit? I think i preordered it when it was offering a $10 promo credit (plus the $10 credit towards the MW3 headset) but now I only see the headset promo. Was the $10 AMZ credit ever offered or did I just mix them up?[/QUOTE]

you mixed them up

[quote name='blackwaltz34']i love amazon and all, but theyve been dropping the ball lately when it comes to distributing promo credits to me

the past few times, ive had to email them about it and it looks like i'll have to do it again for fifa.[/QUOTE]

I thought I was crazy. I was looking for my 20.00 credit from gears collectors edition and it is not there. I guess I will have to email them.

[quote name='Kuma']Does anyone know If the Arkham City credit counts on the collectors edition too or is it just the base game? seems weird theyd only do the standard[/QUOTE]

Yeah I just ordered the collectors edition PS3 and it showed a 10.00 credit. I always order the collector edition and the credits were applied.

I also agree with the slowing sown of the 20.00 credit deals on amazon. There still there but not as wild as last year.

[quote name='EndersGamer']I'm slightly disappointed in Amazon with my preorder of Gears of War. I already redeemed the credit and receieved that game, but I still not have received Gears yet...nearly 2 weeks later. The same thing happened when I preordered Catherine.

I may preorder from them in the future.[/QUOTE]
stop being cheap!

[quote name='gepet0']I thought I was crazy. I was looking for my 20.00 credit from gears collectors edition and it is not there. I guess I will have to email them.[/QUOTE]

Gears 3 Collector's edition didn't have a $20 credit. Only the vanilla copy of the game had it. Plus there was a time for $40 for the GoW3 console but never the Collector's edition.

[quote name='FerDK']^ For pre-orders, release-date delivery is only $0.99. Try that next time.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads-up. I wasn't aware of that, but I'll be sure to do that next time.

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']Gears 3 Collector's edition didn't have a $20 credit. Only the vanilla copy of the game had it. Plus there was a time for $40 for the GoW3 console but never the Collector's edition.[/QUOTE]

When I preordered the epic edition the 20 bonus credit was below that is why I didn't go for the kmart offer. The same with arkham city when you select the collectors you see the 10 in bonus credit below. I called today and they instanly credited me my 20.00

[quote name='ral1121']Do you guys see a chance of Amazon offering a 20 dollar gift card with Modern Warfare 3 Hardened edition?[/QUOTE]

Yep hardened \ legendary etc. because IMO it is a big seller and Kmart will.

[quote name='gepet0']Yep hardened \ legendary etc. because IMO it is a big seller and Kmart will.[/QUOTE]

Are you just a troll looking to encourage people to scam Amazon? GoW 3 on anything but the basic edition had no credit and while Amazon gave it to you, they did so as goodwill not because you were entitled to it. Also, Amazon almost never matches Kmart. Walmart or another larger retailer will have to offer a credit and even then it's not a sure thing that Amazon will match them. Given Amazon's recent track record, collector's editions of games rarely if ever get Amazon credit, so no, I wouldn't count on it.

[quote name='gepet0']Yep hardened \ legendary etc. because IMO it is a big seller and Kmart will.[/QUOTE]

Amazon doesn't typically give out credits on non-base editions of titles.

[quote name='ral1121']Do you guys see a chance of Amazon offering a 20 dollar gift card with Modern Warfare 3 Hardened edition?[/QUOTE]

I really don't. Max I see it getting is $10, and I doubt it'll even get that.

Couple of questions:

Is amazon going to honor the people who got in on the Forza 4 CE at $59.99? I picked up two and they haven't cancelled it yet but they also haven't had the CE in stock for quite awhile. I'd had to assume it was going to ship and not put in a BB preorder and then they cancel it releae week.

Also, has anyone else noticed that the LOTR CE for 360 has a release date of 10/11/11 instead of november like all the other versions?

Clearly a mistake right?

[quote name='GBAstar']Couple of questions:

Is amazon going to honor the people who got in on the Forza 4 CE at $59.99? I picked up two and they haven't cancelled it yet but they also haven't had the CE in stock for quite awhile. I'd had to assume it was going to ship and not put in a BB preorder and then they cancel it releae week.

Also, has anyone else noticed that the LOTR CE for 360 has a release date of 10/11/11 instead of november like all the other versions?

Clearly a mistake right?[/QUOTE]

I hope they honor it for you; I scored Arkham City CE @ 59.99 too.

edit; NBA2k12 just shipped :D

[quote name='GBAstar']Couple of questions:

Clearly a mistake right?[/QUOTE]
Should be honored.

Reviews for rage are starting to trickle out... tempted by it for only being $50* at amazon (*with the $10 pre-order credit).

I still don't think I'd be able to play it much before like December, if even then, might even be January or February, so might as well just wait for a sale! But looks like a great game.

Your Amazon.com order of "Rage" has shipped!

then I see this..

Your estimated delivery date is:
October 05, 2011

Angry.png

Prime membership is paying off.

[quote name='CyReN']Your Amazon.com order of "Rage" has shipped!

then I see this..

Your estimated delivery date is:
October 05, 2011

Angry.png

Prime membership is paying off.[/QUOTE]

Why wednesday?

bread's done
Back