Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
Kind of regret buying FIFA through Amazon. Of course the one time I actually buy a new game that has bonus credit, they stop giving out $20 credit for the most part lol

[quote name='strait edge follower']Anything for ass creed yet ? Know there isnt anything for uncharted unfortunatly[/QUOTE]

I dont think we saw anything for infamous 2 either; i can't imagine we'll see anything for uncharted 3.

[quote name='CyReN']Your Amazon.com order of "Rage" has shipped!

then I see this..

Your estimated delivery date is:
October 05, 2011

Angry.png

Prime membership is paying off.[/QUOTE]

The same thing happened to me! The customer service rep said they didn't have enough stock for everyone. And proceeded to give me a 10$ credit.

[quote name='blackwaltz34']was there any way to specify what boxart you wanted for nba 2k12? i got larry bird and im a lakers fan.....[/QUOTE]

bummer. i remember there saying something on the description page that amazon will offer PDF's of the other covers in case you didn't get the cover you want. lucky for me, I got my magic cover AND the fedex guy showed up right as I pulled in the driveway. Oh happy day.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Did anyone get their Rage from Amazon not get a slip cover? All the shots I have seen show a slip cover. Didn't know where to ask this.[/QUOTE]

Copy and paste my response from other thread :cool::

I ordered from Amazon and didn't get a slip cover. Wasn't expecting one, so that didn't surprise me. What surprised me was that the UPS guy didn't ask me to sign anything. He just handed it to me and left. I'm confused.

[quote name='blackwaltz34']was there any way to specify what boxart you wanted for nba 2k12? i got larry bird and im a lakers fan.....[/QUOTE]

burn that cover BURN IT!

[quote name='Nelo Ice']burn that cover BURN IT![/QUOTE]

nice to see other laker fans on cag. i actually do like larry bird as a basketball fan (read up on him if you havent....hes awesome) and begrudgingly respect the celtics....but still

its nice they offer pdf covers but i need to get that glossy paper though

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Did anyone get their Rage from Amazon not get a slip cover? All the shots I have seen show a slip cover. Didn't know where to ask this.[/QUOTE]

Like Brink, Amazon's copies did not come with the slip cover. Looks like I will need to buy a copy locally.

[quote name='blackwaltz34']nice to see other laker fans on cag. i actually do like larry bird as a basketball fan (read up on him if you havent....hes awesome) and begrudgingly respect the celtics....but still

its nice they offer pdf covers but i need to get that glossy paper though[/QUOTE]

Were are my fellow Laker haters? I have every NBA2K game except 10 because I refuse to pay for a Kobe cover. Its more of a Kobe/Shaq/Phil/Fisher hate, because The magic era Lakers were atleast respectful. The most classless team in a proffesional sports! Oh and i got Bird from amazon.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Were are my fellow Laker haters? I have every NBA2K game except 10 because I refuse to pay for a Kobe cover. Its more of a Kobe/Shaq/Phil/Fisher hate, because The magic era Lakers were atleast respectful. The most classless team in a proffesional sports! Oh and i got Bird from amazon.[/QUOTE]

yea like Kevin Garnett is classy. Calling people cancer patients and harassing and cursing at players. Although he never seem to do that to the likes of players better than him. Guess he choose his battles. I do respect Rondo, Pierce, and especially Ray Allen. Big Baby and Delonte West are not what you call "class" either.

[quote name='killerthrust']yea like Kevin Garnett is classy. Calling people cancer patients and harassing and cursing at players. Although he never seem to do that to the likes of players better than him. Guess he choose his battles. I do respect Rondo, Pierce, and especially Ray Allen. Big Baby and Delonte West are not what you call "class" either.[/QUOTE]

Excellent points, and I agree too. Although I think Kevin is a little rough around the edges I did want him to get a ring when he did. You definitely wouldn't call the rest of the current celtics classy either.

I am a kings fan though. But a fan of the NBA.

I stings watching the 11-12 Season in jeopardy with Derik Fisher leading the charge for more money.. :(

David Stern's leading the charge for more money (for the owners). :)

Derek Fisher's leading the charge for more than what Stern offered, but less than they're currently making.

I don't get why Gears 3 gets $20 credit and U3 doesnt. They are both similar and will probably sell similarly too. I hope BF3 gets some credit.

[quote name='SHOaks']I don't get why Gears 3 gets $20 credit and U3 doesnt. They are both similar and will probably sell similarly too. I hope BF3 gets some credit.[/QUOTE]
Probably something to do with MS vs Sony. Sony hasn't been giving the gift cards/credits with it's games like MS has.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Excellent points, and I agree too. Although I think Kevin is a little rough around the edges I did want him to get a ring when he did. You definitely wouldn't call the rest of the current celtics classy either.

I am a kings fan though. But a fan of the NBA.

I stings watching the 11-12 Season in jeopardy with Derik Fisher leading the charge for more money.. :([/QUOTE]

To bad the Kings might be moving to Anaheim, highly doubt it though.

Im guessing you hate the Lakers specially Kobe/Fisher/Phil/Shaq because they beat the Kings during those amazing playoff series back when the Kings where actually good.

No hating on Horry though?

[quote name='bojay1997']Like Brink, Amazon's copies did not come with the slip cover. Looks like I will need to buy a copy locally.[/QUOTE]
I'm asking seriously out of curiosity: Why do you want the slip cover?

I usually stick my slip covers on my game shelf for awhile until I run out of room and then just throw them out anyway.

. . .

Mine hasn't even shipped yet and it's not shipping soon either. I think Amazon forgot I ordered this altogether and now it's going to come without the slip cover? WTF is Amazon doing? Their track record with me went from perfect to absolutely unreliable in a month. Is there something going on we don't know about? I'm going to rage their CS until I get some compensation because this is getting retarded.

[quote name='Lucian']I'm asking seriously out of curiosity: Why do you want the slip cover?

I usually stick my slip covers on my game shelf for awhile until I run out of room and then just throw them out anyway.[/QUOTE]

Like a lot of people here, I'm a gamer and a collector, so I want the whole package, not something that is just easier for Amazon to ship.

[quote name='bojay1997']Like a lot of people here, I'm a gamer and a collector, so I want the whole package, not something that is just easier for Amazon to ship.[/QUOTE]
I hear you about collecting; I'm just wondering what you do with the slipcover. Do you keep all of your slipcovers separately (since, obviously, keeping the case in the slipcover would wear the slipcover)?

Again, I'm just curious. I thought I was an OCD gamer (I replace all eco-cases with 'real' cases. Heck, I still have all of the spine cards and inserts from my import PS1 games...), so I'm interested in what I'm not doing. ;)

That would be really quite silly to me. I just keep the whole package together. I couldn't imagine having a giant stack of slip covers. That would just be odd on all levels.

Didn't get a slipcover from amazon for my ps3 copy. Contacted them about possibly sending me one, but they can't send only "parts" of a single purchase. They would have to send me a whole replacement. I figured the replacement game wouldn't have the slipcover, either. Ended up with a $5 credit towards my next purchase, which is fine with me.

I can't believe Amazon has zippo for credit on Uncharted 3 or Saints Row 3. Amazon has really slacked off this year. However, I think the only reason last year was so much better was due to Wal-mart pushing the issue with several $20 credits.

I need six copies of MW3 and I guess I'm going to be buying from o.co in the next few days. That 12% back in rewards is only going to be $7 for each copy, but I can at least cancel later on if there are any Amazon promos. >_

Got a question. If I preorder a game on Walmart website can I choose store pick up, pick it up at midnight and still get the credit? If Amazon doesn't have $20 credit for Skyrim I'm picking it up at midnight.

[quote name='Parkerktm']Really Zaku77? Odd on all levels?.....You clearly haven't watched Maury.[/QUOTE]

I thought Maury was also odd on all levels though lol

[quote name='Fear No Darkness']So are the days of the $20 Amazon credit over? It only seems to be $10 these days...[/QUOTE]

Sadly yes, I mean they probably wouldn't do $!0 -$20 promos in the first place if it wasn't for WalMart.

Maybe they're not doing credits anymore because they feel like they give out enough credit to all the crybabies who whine about getting their game a day late.

Didn't Dark Souls have a preorder bonus of $5, or am I just imagining that? I'm only asking because I haven't gotten any credit, but I thought it was supposed to have one...

(Then again I have preordered quite a few games recently, so who knows)

[quote name='Ship']Didn't Dark Souls have a preorder bonus of $5, or am I just imagining that? I'm only asking because I haven't gotten any credit, but I thought it was supposed to have one...

(Then again I have preordered quite a few games recently, so who knows)[/QUOTE]
No, it had an offer of getting $5 extra off a trade in if you pre-ordered Dark Souls. Good thing I didn't bother with that since I canned the Amazon order.

[quote name='Eusis']No, it had an offer of getting $5 extra off a trade in if you pre-ordered Dark Souls. Good thing I didn't bother with that since I canned the Amazon order.[/QUOTE]

Ah okay, thanks for the heads up. Guess that's what I get for not reading past the first line. Clever girl that Amazon is.

I don't believe the $20 dollar gift card days are over.

I am almost 100 percent sure Amazon will offer a 20 dollar gift card with MW3, for those that care about that game anyways.

[quote name='ral1121']I don't believe the $20 dollar gift card days are over.

I am almost 100 percent sure Amazon will offer a 20 dollar gift card with MW3, for those that care about that game anyways.[/QUOTE]

What exactly is your rationale?

[quote name='confoosious']What exactly is your rationale?[/QUOTE]

I agree -- why would they do that -- its gonna sell like crazy without it.

so.........amazon doesnt give out any more $20 giftcards for the good games????? now they officially suck. they dont even have any giftcards for BF3 or MW3 or UC3, let alone they had NOTHING for dark souls. these games all come out in a couple of weeks and STILL no promo credit offers........probably be like dark souls with NO credit whatsoever

i fucking hate amazon now. i hope they file for Chapter 7.:applause::applause::applause::applause:

[quote name='zanbeak']so.........amazon doesnt give out any more $20 giftcards for the good games????? now they officially suck. they dont even have any giftcards for BF3 or MW3 or UC3, let alone they had NOTHING for dark souls. these games all come out in a couple of weeks and STILL no promo credit offers........probably be like dark souls with NO credit whatsoever

i fucking hate amazon now. i hope they file for Chapter 7.:applause::applause::applause::applause:[/QUOTE]
Go to Kmart instead if you have one near. They'll have at least a $20 coupon (and possibly more I'm guessing) on all those.

bread's done
Back