Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bsesb2003']I agree -- why would they do that -- its gonna sell like crazy without it.[/QUOTE]
its gonna sell like crazy everywhere, for that very same reason amazon should offer some incentive to get costumers to buy the game on their store, more copies sold, more profit, more people happy, more people coming back for different titles

Anyone else get double credits for Rage? They don't stack, but I definitely got two identical emails simultaneously and I had used up my other general credits so it wasn't anything left over. Maybe they were compensating me for shipping Rage two days past release date heh. Strange things are afoot at Amazon lately. . .

[quote name='zanbeak']so.........amazon doesnt give out any more $20 giftcards for the good games????? now they officially suck. they dont even have any giftcards for BF3 or MW3 or UC3, let alone they had NOTHING for dark souls. these games all come out in a couple of weeks and STILL no promo credit offers........probably be like dark souls with NO credit whatsoever

i fucking hate amazon now. i hope they file for Chapter 7.:applause::applause::applause::applause:[/QUOTE]

crying_baby.gif

Amazon had a $20 credit for Gears of War 3. Add to that the approx $25 I got for selling the Savage Kantus skin on ebay and it was like getting $45 credit. ;) Anyway, wasn't that game expected to sell well anyway? So, sure, a $20 credit for another big game wouldn't be completely shocking, though certainly not a given.

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']its gonna sell like crazy everywhere, for that very same reason amazon should offer some incentive to get costumers to buy the game on their store, more copies sold, more profit, more people happy, more people coming back for different titles[/QUOTE]

Amazon's is offering an incentive: a $10 credit for some headset. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of motivation from other retailers for Amazon to up the ante.

Customer loyalty only exists when the customer can't find a better deal elsewhere. Such is the case with MW3. Like you said, people are willing to come back to Amazon because they've had a good experience in the past. The problem is that Amazon is at the point where they don't have to tempt people with a $20 GC to get that follow-up purchase anymore. Saving a few bucks on tax is all the motivation some people need to buy from Amazon.

Amazon WWE '12 (xbox 360) $10 Credit Plus Pre-order Bonus Pre-order WWE '12, for PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360, and get a $10 Amazon credit good toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, Gift Cards, and video rentals and downloads). Plus, get The Rock as an in-game playable character. The $10 promotional code will be e-mailed within two days after the product ships. The access code for The Rock will be packaged inside the game box. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Limit one per customer. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

[quote name='Thrinn']Amazon's is offering an incentive: a $10 credit for some headset. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of motivation from other retailers for Amazon to up the ante.

Customer loyalty only exists when the customer can't find a better deal elsewhere. Such is the case with MW3. Like you said, people are willing to come back to Amazon because they've had a good experience in the past. The problem is that Amazon is at the point where they don't have to tempt people with a $20 GC to get that follow-up purchase anymore. Saving a few bucks on tax is all the motivation some people need to buy from Amazon.[/QUOTE]
these liberal states are looking to change that, though. amazon is pounced upon by states like Cali that already included the tax revenue (that they want amazon to pay) from amazon in the 2012 budget, lol.

there are also bills in congress that want all online sales to have taxes, to pay for their wasteful spending. surprised amazon is being 'occupied' by the clueless protesters right now.

STOP messing with my game prices you idiots :evil:!

ill have to think twice about buying a game with amazon now. use up my credit to get bf3 then its either toys r us or kmart. big mistake amazon.

[quote name='iggypop123']ill have to think twice about buying a game with amazon now. use up my credit to get bf3 then its either toys r us or kmart. big mistake amazon.[/QUOTE]
man i wish we still had a kmart. theyd get all my money, it seems.

[quote name='iggypop123']ill have to think twice about buying a game with amazon now. use up my credit to get bf3 then its either toys r us or kmart. big mistake amazon.[/QUOTE]

Yup dusting my SYWR card and will start with the Batman with $30 coupon, and I probably won't renew my Prime membership till its close to Black Friday.

[quote name='twztid13']man i wish we still had a kmart. theyd get all my money, it seems.[/QUOTE]

Same here, the nearest K-marts are too far to make it worthwhile.

I personally love Amazon because I am not paying with cash or credit, but trade in credit that is better than most places.

before the credit worked in video games only.
Now, the credit works on all Amazon products which isnt half bad to be honest.

I stilkl have my 20 dollar credit from FIFA and i am awaiting a bit on credit on bf3.
Either way, i am getting rid of that 20 dollar credit by the end of October

[quote name='cRodz']before the credit worked in video games only.
Now, the credit works on all Amazon products which isnt half bad to be honest.
[/QUOTE]

I don't think they ever made their trade in credit to be games only and I've been trading in since they started.

Pulled the trigger on Forza. Had to decide between getting credit at Amazon or hoping for the price to go down within 30 days at Best Buy. Chose Amazon. Although with almost all new releases having a price drop within thirty days this year...wondering if I made the right choice.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']I don't think they ever made their trade in credit to be games only and I've been trading in since they started.[/QUOTE]
I think you're wrong on this. In the past most credits would only show up on check out if a game was in your cart. Some though like what they had to do for BlackOps you could use on anything.

[quote name='ral1121']I don't believe the $20 dollar gift card days are over.

I am almost 100 percent sure Amazon will offer a 20 dollar gift card with MW3, for those that care about that game anyways.[/QUOTE]

I pre-ordered BF3 on amazon, and if I don't get that $20 credit I ain't buying the game.

Thank god I read the FAQ. Kept trying to use my gears credit on a downloadable 1600 points, but found out you couldn't. I have a physical 1600 card coming next week. get another 800 points and I have the season pass for gears 3. Awesome. I hope MW3 gets $20 credit.

I went into a kmart for the first time in years today looking for a PSP deal. It was not a rewarding experience. For me, getting a better coupon is 100% not worth the hassle of going to Kmart and dealing with the people in there when amazon offers 99 cent release day delivery and no tax.

[quote name='twztid13']there are also bills in congress that want all online sales to have taxes, to pay for their wasteful spending. ...

STOP messing with my game prices you idiots :evil:![/QUOTE]

The government's wasteful spending should never impede the consumer's wasteful spending. ;)

[quote name='FlipSide']Yup dusting my SYWR card and will start with the Batman with $30 coupon, and I probably won't renew my Prime membership till its close to Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

I just cancelled a crap load of games that I had with promotions and GC. Long story short I will be getting two games with just promo credit and I now have $262 in credit which I'll see what I can use it for. Now Kmart will be getting all my business which actually started with Infamous 2 and will continue with Batman and finally Uncharted 3 for this year.

Bad move on getting stingy Amazon, bad move.

[quote name='Tate Donovan']I went into a kmart for the first time in years today looking for a PSP deal. It was not a rewarding experience. For me, getting a better coupon is 100% not worth the hassle of going to Kmart and dealing with the people in there when amazon offers 99 cent release day delivery and no tax.[/QUOTE]

I see your point, but I rather get $20 in credit on my way home from work than get little to nothing now from amazon, once paying the dollar for release day and no tax Kmart still comes ahead. For Amazon to get my money they have to at least offer $15 in credit to even things out with Kmart.

Awesome, didn't realize Forza 4 had a $10 credit. In fact, I was able to preorder the Limited Edition the other day from Amazon, so I assume I'll be getting the $10 credit (with the Subaru DLC as well)?

I will have to inquire about it next week.

[quote name='nflsonic']Awesome, didn't realize Forza 4 had a $10 credit. In fact, I was able to preorder the Limited Edition the other day from Amazon, so I assume I'll be getting the $10 credit (with the Subaru DLC as well)?

I will have to inquire about it next week.[/QUOTE]

Limited or Collectors editions don't typically get credits.

[quote name='JohnDeadly']I pre-ordered BF3 on amazon, and if I don't get that $20 credit I ain't buying the game.[/QUOTE]

I've been considering canceling my assasins creed preorder for a few months now for this same reason. I hope amazon is reading this. If they don't add anything I'm Sure bestbuy would be happy to add something to assasins creed for us gamers

What day do you guys usually get the gift card deposited to your accounts?

I know its says 2 days after it ships so for instance,

you get delivery release date, it ships on monday,

so do you get your gift card deposited on wednesday or does it vary?

[quote name='ral1121']What day do you guys usually get the gift card deposited to your accounts?

I know its says 2 days after it ships so for instance,

you get delivery release date, it ships on monday,

so do you get your gift card deposited on wednesday or does it vary?[/QUOTE]

Do you mean video game credit? It doesn't show up under your gift card balance. You'll get an email from Amazon.

From my history, it has varied. Lately, I've gotten the emails on release day (i.e. the same Tuesday on which I receive my game).

[quote name='actripxl']I see your point, but I rather get $20 in credit on my way home from work than get little to nothing now from amazon, once paying the dollar for release day and no tax Kmart still comes ahead. For Amazon to get my money they have to at least offer $15 in credit to even things out with Kmart.[/QUOTE]
Considering most K-Mart stores are crap, have no selection whatsoever, and most employees don't understand the deals that's reason enough to avoid.

Then what you spend on gas and tax and time?

K-Mart needs an overhaul to compete with Amazon, or start offering higher rewards.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Considering most K-Mart stores are crap, have no selection whatsoever, and most employees don't understand the deals that's reason enough to avoid.

K-Mart needs an overhaul to compete with Amazon, or start offering higher rewards.[/QUOTE]
K-mart has done a great deal towards stepping up their game since SHC joined the boards. The stores I visit always have the latest releases, save the niche titles. These B&M stores don't have the luxury of having instant access to giant warehouses like Amazon does. I don't know if it's even possible for them to match Amazon in that regard.

About a year ago I had posted that my local K-mart did a terrible job of making all the games in the display case easily visible. The next week I went back and everything had been neatly organized. Maybe that was SHC contacting the store or maybe it was nothing more than coincidence, but regardless the problem was addressed.

The worst thing about shopping at K-mart is tracking down someone that can open the games case for you. It seems like most of the time the electronics department isn't being manned by anyone.

my store has not improved in the least since 2010, nor do I expect it to. The last deal I got there was the 39.99 SC in july 2010 and that required 2 visits. Not really worth the gas and frustration IMO vs the other B&M or just being lazy and doing amazon.

My store for one has always been well stocked with an employee that basically knows the deals. They've improved in that there is now normally someone in electronics. They do not always have the little ad tags up though advertising the deals like they used to. Slackers.

I prefer to buy from amazon too but lately kmarts deals have just been better. And i haven't had any problems shopping at my kmart. Seems they will be getting my money again with that 30 coupon with Batman arkham city , i wish amazon would match or at least up there credit offer.

[quote name='Ps3akuma']I prefer to buy from amazon too but lately kmarts deals have just been better. And i haven't had any problems shopping at my kmart. Seems they will be getting my money again with that 30 coupon with Batman arkham city , i wish amazon would match or at least up there credit offer.[/QUOTE]
This. Kmart has a $30 dollar coupon and a T-shirt which is by far the best deal imo, and even Walmart.com has $10 and the original AA. Amazons $10 credit + comic book just doesnt compete.

I'm really assuming Amazon will up the credit offer at some point hopefully before release. I'm losing faith in Amazon but I still have a little. If they don't I'd honestly be a little disappointed at the arrogance which would just push me more towards Kmart.

Hopefully enough people are canceling their Amazon orders and telling them the price is too high and their offer isn't as competitive as it needs to be.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Considering most K-Mart stores are crap, have no selection whatsoever, and most employees don't understand the deals that's reason enough to avoid.

K-Mart needs an overhaul to compete with Amazon, or start offering higher rewards.[/QUOTE]

One gallon of gas here in Chicago is $3.60 and runs for 27 miles on most cars, Kmart's are within 1-2 miles distance from most and its on my way home. Both Kmarts that are near me always have plenty of stock for new games. I get $20 credit and points for SYWR that can be used later on, even with tax and gas Amazon has to give at LEAST $15 to even things out.

The employees maybe dumb but if you know the procedure already then just tell them what to do, I've done it couple of times and its no big deal since I'm out the door quick to play a game as opposed to waiting hours for delivery.

Kmart is on the right path, its Amazon that needs to return to its old ways. Two of the biggest games in Uncharted 3 and BF3 are not giving anything other than lame MP items from Amazon, on the other hand I'll be getting $40 in credit to get PSN cards from Kmart.

[quote name='actripxl']One gallon of gas here in Chicago is $3.60 and runs for 27 miles on most cars, Kmart's are within 1-2 miles distance from most and its on my way home.[/QUOTE]
Nope, that doesn't happen

27 MPG is what cars average? So you're from the future?
1-2 miles from most? Are you from the future and outside of the US? In the US K-Mart is seen as a failed company with not many stores.
I had no idea that the fastest route to your home is through the parking lot at K-Mart.

It's great that you like K-Mart and you're one of the few that have them near (or in your case it's the fastest way home) but by and large K-Mart fails to match all the advantages of Amazon

The debate between Amazon vs all other retailers is kinda getting old, folks. If you found a deal better than Amazon, congrats. But, honestly, there is no reason to come in here an thread crap about it (or gas mileage or whatever else).

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Nope, that doesn't happen

27 MPG is what cars average? So you're from the future?
1-2 miles from most? Are you from the future and outside of the US? In the US K-Mart is seen as a failed company with not many stores.
I had no idea that the fastest route to your home is through the parking lot at K-Mart.

It's great that you like K-Mart and you're one of the few that have them near (or in your case it's the fastest way home) but by and large K-Mart fails to match all the advantages of Amazon[/QUOTE]

More like you living in the past, the average MPG for cars was 25 starting in 1983 and has been going up. The average by government stats for this year is 32 mpg, if your going to try and discredit someone do some research first.

Yes I pass through Kmart's parking lot, what are you 10? If that's the best you can come up with then I weep for your future.

[quote name='Lucian']The debate between Amazon vs all other retailers is kinda getting old, folks. If you found a deal better than Amazon, congrats. But, honestly, there is no reason to come in here an thread crap about it (or gas mileage or whatever else).[/QUOTE]

You're correct, but I think the reason so many(myself included) is that they catered to gamers by not just offering great deal but matching them as well. Now you have all these people that have credit (myself $260) that will either sit there or buy games knowing that they are just bad deals.

I'm just hoping that eventually people will continue to purchase from other places that offer better deals (Kmart) forcing Amazon to reinstate their old policies.

[quote name='actripxl']You're correct, but I think the reason so many(myself included) is that they catered to gamers by not just offering great deal but matching them as well. Now you have all these people that have credit (myself $260) that will either sit there or buy games knowing that they are just bad deals.

I'm just hoping that eventually people will continue to purchase from other places that offer better deals (Kmart) forcing Amazon to reinstate their old policies.[/QUOTE]

You're ignoring the fact that Amazon has everyday low prices on many games, not just the 1-2 new releases that Kmart is giving you a coupon to buy (which incidentally has to be used within a relatively short period of time on a relavtively small selection of games). I personally will occasionally ride the Kmart coupon train, but it's far from perfect, most Kmarts are a hassle to use and Kmart will never come close to the great sales and other retailer matching Amazon does between Black Friday and Christmas. In any event, this is a thread for discussing Amazon credit deals, not debating about other retailers. CAGs aren't morons, they know how to compare deals and will do what works best for them. Amazon also isn't run by morons and they will match where it works best for their bottom line. Kmart on the other hand has been hovering on bankruptcy and financial ruin for years and may or may not be around five years from now where I am very confident Amazon will be.

[quote name='actripxl']More like you living in the past, the average MPG for cars was 25 starting in 1983 and has been going up. The average by government stats for this year is 32 mpg, if your going to try and discredit someone do some research first.

Yes I pass through Kmart's parking lot, what are you 10? If that's the best you can come up with then I weep for your future.[/QUOTE]

Isn't that the new vehicle efficiency, which doesn't apply to most cars on the road, which according to my research still says 27 and that hasn't changed since the 80's.

And the parking lot thing was pointing out that most people don't have a K-mart right around the corner. It does no good to tell us about your rare circumstances.

But to your main point, I would purchase from them if they hadn't closed down half of them in my state in the last decade. They also don't offer the same range of selection, as someone else mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='actripxl']More like you living in the past, the average MPG for cars was 25 starting in 1983 and has been going up. The average by government stats for this year is 32 mpg, if your going to try and discredit someone do some research first.
[/QUOTE]

What you are referring to is the Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) standard, which is managed figured based several different factors and is not a hard number that all cars must meet but an corporate average based on sales or the company will face a financial penalty. So Ford can make sucky MPG SUVs but hopes to balance them off with sales of high MPG Fiestas to avoid the penalty. There have been also many ways to fiddle with these numbers to avoid the penalty as well....Suburu recently made some slight modifications to its very car like Forrester line so they could reclassified it as a light truck, which has lower average CAFE requirements than cars. And if manufactures don't meet the standard, they just pay a fine....So there is no requirement that a car have a certain MPG efficiency to be sold on the market today, merely a financial incentive for manufactures to work towards a certain goal.

bread's done
Back