Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
^

What??

How does it sound like you can use it on anything but the headset?

I'm trying to make sense of this like you did, but this $10 credit still applies only to the headset.

Unless, I read it wrong.

"Within two days of placing your order your will receive a $10 credit on your account that can be applied to one of the qualifying Turtle Beach Call of Duty: MW3 Ear Force Gaming Headsets listed below"

[quote name='yahoosale14']whats up with the lack of mw3/bf3 credit. smells like some odd type of collusion to start doing away with GCs.[/QUOTE]

The promo credits were never permanent and there's no collusion (put away the tin foil hat ;)). Amazon was only matching Walmart's deals. Since Walmart cut back on their deals, nothing for Amazon to match.

[quote name='yahoosale14']can anyone edit the title? mw3 $10 credit is misleading[/QUOTE]

I couldve sworn when i preordered months back that mw3 and bf3 had promo credit. If it changes do they just magically disappear or do those who ordered before the change still get it?

[quote name='BuDdyLe']I couldve sworn when i preordered months back that mw3 and bf3 had promo credit. If it changes do they just magically disappear or do those who ordered before the change still get it?[/QUOTE]

They never had credit but in other cases if you preorder while there is a credit you will receive it even if it's pulled from the listing

oh the $10 is just for the headset :/ smh, amazon while great is really getting beasted by newegg, lucky i have amazon credit or i'd be gone. oh well , at least the warehouse is good.

[quote name='theking20']oh the $10 is just for the headset :/ smh, amazon while great is really getting beasted by newegg, lucky i have amazon credit or i'd be gone. oh well , at least the warehouse is good.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I am kinda forced to pre order anyway so I just did. I had 40 dollars in credit so I just pre ordered the hardened edition of MW3. Addition credit would have been nice, but o well.

I pulled the trigger on the Hardened for $25. I wanted to add more credit to it, but I'm worried they will sell out. I can always cancel re-order though, if they haven't :D

To SHC-GAMER

Bring back the good old days when games were clearanced out for $2 to $5 apiece. Now, those were deals. You were rewarded for the hunt. My local KMARTS have piles of games in their display cases that are obviously sitting there for a long time and even the clearance section prices are terrible at $19.99 apiece. How do they expect to sell games at these inflated prices?

Since when does Amazon ship via USPS? Wouldn't be an issue except I still have Prime and my Batman shipped with 2-day delivery. fuck Amazon.

[quote name='Jodou']Since when does Amazon ship via USPS? Wouldn't be an issue except I still have Prime and my Batman shipped with 2-day delivery. fuck Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like they hate you. My copy is arriving today via UPS next day air. :p

Why doesn't everyone who preordered BF3 cancel their order and for reason put there is no pre-order credit. If enough people cancel and have this as their reason than maybe amazon will add the credit.

[quote name='luettke10']Why doesn't everyone who preordered BF3 cancel their order and for reason put there is no pre-order credit. If enough people cancel and have this as their reason than maybe amazon will add the credit.[/QUOTE]

Doubt it., but you guys can try. Like I stated in a previous post, it's all about the lackj of deals at Walmart. Amazon has always been reactive when it comes to promo credits on games. If you guys complain about anything, it should be about Walmart.

[quote name='dusbbal2008']anybody receive the Arkham City credit yet?[/QUOTE]

Yep, got it earlier this morning. As the fine print says, could take up to 2 days for them to send it to you.

[quote name='cheeky']Looks like the Sims and MW3 promos are dead.[/QUOTE]

There was never a MW3 promo, just a 10 dollar credit towards the purchase of a headset.

[quote name='Jodou']Since when does Amazon ship via USPS? Wouldn't be an issue except I still have Prime and my Batman shipped with 2-day delivery. fuck Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I really hate when they ship stuff to me via USPS. You cant trust them and I have Prime Shipping.

It only has happened to me a few times do, so no biggie.

If still no BF3 promotions by tomorrow AM, then I'm walking over to Gamestop to put in my pre-order. At least I can pick up the game and play right away without waiting for the UPS guy to show up at 6pm on release day. Oh well.

[quote name='dusbbal2008']anybody receive the Arkham City credit yet?[/QUOTE]
Not yet, but Amazon has been all over the place with being punctual. Just wait two days and if it doesn't show up, raise hell.

[quote name='Third Eye']Can promotional credit be applied to stuff I buy through Amazon Wharehouse?[/QUOTE]

From Amazon's Promotional Credit FAQ:

Terms and Conditions
---
The promotion applies only to items sold and shipped by Amazon.com. The same items sold by other sellers (e.g. Target) do not qualify.
Items sold by Warehouse Deals are not eligible for this promotion.
---

looks like batman is the first item i ordered rdd on and didnt get it on release :(. ill be very surprised if it comes tonight as ive never seen a delivery happen later then 5:30-6 in my area.

[quote name='wolve']Doubt it., but you guys can try. Like I stated in a previous post, it's all about the lackj of deals at Walmart. Amazon has always been reactive when it comes to promo credits on games. If you guys complain about anything, it should be about Walmart.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that makes sense, I should complain to McDonalds because BK doesn't make the Big King anymore.

It does actually make sense, smart ass. If most of amazon's deals are in REACTION to Walmart, then that means that if Walmart doesn't have a deal, amazon likely won't either. If you want the awesome amazon deal back, you're going to first need the awesome Walmart deal back. This is really quite simple.

I am neither acknowledging nor denying that amazon deals follow walmart. I am simply stating that if they do, the logic train is pretty easy to follow.

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']looks like batman is the first item i ordered rdd on and didnt get it on release :(. ill be very surprised if it comes tonight as ive never seen a delivery happen later then 5:30-6 in my area.[/QUOTE]

That's horrible. It's never happened to me. I would complain to Amazon customer service. Hopefully they'll give you credit towards a future order or something.

[quote name='CaseX']That's horrible. It's never happened to me. I would complain to Amazon customer service. Hopefully they'll give you credit towards a future order or something.[/QUOTE]

i did, i got my $1 rdd charge refunded for the delay:drool: (id rather have my game then a dollar:lol:)

[quote name='Zaku77']It does actually make sense, smart ass. If most of amazon's deals are in REACTION to Walmart, then that means that if Walmart doesn't have a deal, amazon likely won't either. If you want the awesome amazon deal back, you're going to first need the awesome Walmart deal back. This is really quite simple.

I am neither acknowledging nor denying that amazon deals follow walmart. I am simply stating that if they do, the logic train is pretty easy to follow.[/QUOTE]

I don't get your thought process. I think you need to re evaluate buddy.

Coop down.

man i hope walmart comes through. i have credit in amazon but if they offer nothing i cannot justify buying it there when other places might have at least something. something is better than uselss dogtags.

weird....i didnt even get a shipping notification from amazon for batman. still came in on release day though

im gonna assume i'll have to email them about my credit

[quote name='actripxl']Yeah that makes sense, I should complain to McDonalds because BK doesn't make the Big King anymore.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Parkerktm']I don't get your thought process. I think you need to re evaluate buddy. [/QUOTE]
I love it when ignorance mixes with cockiness and I have the chance to school the less informed.

You dont get the thought process because you're apparently ignorant to the facts. So listen closely. Take notes if you must, and remember this, buddy. In the past Amazon has almost always followed/matched Walmart.coms egift card deals.

So following that it becomes logical to say that Amazon may not have a deal on game X because Walmart.com doesn't have a deal on game X.

As an example, Walmart.com has just added a $10 egift card to Borderlands 2 for PS3/Xbox. If history repeats itself it is highly likely that Amazon will at some point react and add a $10 promotional credit to Borderlands 2 for Xbox/PS3.

I hope some of us have learned something today. Class dismissed.

change the TITLE of this thread. it is Incorrect and misleading. MW3 does NOT have a $10 promo credit like other games, instead it has a $10 off tortoise beach earphones. the amazon MW3 deal sucks. so change the Title of this thread. there is ABSOLUTLEY no MW3 credit offered by amazon to spend on whatever you want on the amazon site. period. and dont get me started on their LACK of BF3 or UC3 credit........i will continue short-selling amazon today.:applause::applause::applause::applause:

[quote name='ShockandAww']I love it when ignorance mixes with cockiness and I have the chance to school the less informed.

You dont get the thought process because you're apparently ignorant to the facts. So listen closely. Take notes if you must, and remember this, buddy. In the past Amazon has almost always followed/matched Walmart.coms egift card deals.

So following that it becomes logical to say that Amazon may not have a deal on game X because Walmart.com doesn't have a deal on game X.

As an example, Walmart.com has just added a $10 egift card to Borderlands 2 for PS3/Xbox. If history repeats itself it is highly likely that Amazon will at some point react and add a $10 promotional credit to Borderlands 2 for Xbox/PS3.

I hope some of us have learned something today. Class dismissed.[/QUOTE]

Shame what you posted probably went in one ear and out the other or simply ignored by the complainers in this thread. :p

bread's done
Back