Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']I cant believe MW3 hardened is OOS everywhere for pre order now. Just about the only game I was going to pre order, but was waiting to see if amazon would have credit with it. Should have done it sooner anyway.[/QUOTE]

TRU still has pre-orders

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']I cant believe MW3 hardened is OOS everywhere for pre order now. Just about the only game I was going to pre order, but was waiting to see if amazon would have credit with it. Should have done it sooner anyway.[/QUOTE]

I would hope they restock at some point. I understand not wanting to have an overabundance of the limited editions left over, but it's just not good business to be out of stock a few weeks before the game is released. People will buy the hardened edition, and especially in the next week or two people will want to pre-order it.

[quote name='airwalke']So no $20 credit for PC users? What the eff.[/QUOTE]

You would think they would do it since they were having a sale that was essentially an immediate $20 discount not too long ago, but, oh well. I'd seriously buy more PC games from them if they simply matched the console deals (or when it's $10 cheaper by default, halve the credit), I know I'm not alone on that either.

[quote name='Dalerax']I would hope they restock at some point. I understand not wanting to have an overabundance of the limited editions left over, but it's just not good business to be out of stock a few weeks before the game is released. People will buy the hardened edition, and especially in the next week or two people will want to pre-order it.[/QUOTE]

To be honest I really doubt them doing this. Elite membership costs $50, the Hardened edition is $60 game + $40 Elite edition ($10 discount), not to mention the artbook and the steelbook. So for people who want Elite anyway, it's a $10 discount with a few bonuses.

For them to produce more Hardened editions is to lose $10 they could have otherwise gotten if those people bought MW3 standard and Elite seperately.

EDIT: Sam's has the PS3 version for $90, though it ships on release day. 360 is oos.

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=prod5050981&navAction=

I can't decide if I want to use my $40 credit I currently have for $20 BF3 + a $20 credit, or just save it up for Black Friday. Too bad I only have 2 days to decide.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']To be honest I really doubt them doing this. Elite membership costs $50, the Hardened edition is $60 game + $40 Elite edition ($10 discount), not to mention the artbook and the steelbook. So for people who want Elite anyway, it's a $10 discount with a few bonuses.

For them to produce more Hardened editions is to lose $10 they could have otherwise gotten if those people bought MW3 standard and Elite seperately.
[/QUOTE]

I will admit that saying they'll go back in stock is a lot of wishful thinking on my part. ;)

[quote name='MillerTime2523']I can't decide if I want to use my $40 credit I currently have for $20 BF3 + a $20 credit, or just save it up for Black Friday. Too bad I only have 2 days to decide.[/QUOTE]
Just spend it now. It's the same thing. You'll spend it either way...

My location doesn't have any Kinect Sports and only 1 Dance Central. Guess the Buy 2 for 75 deal isn't that great if one of the two titles isn't in-stock to allow the deal. I wonder if extra shipment is coming...

[quote name='scarhawk']Just spend it now. It's the same thing. You'll spend it either way...[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I don't know, i just don't know about BF3. Always wanted to pick it up, but I've heard bad things about the beta, yet I've also heard the real game is a lot better... wish I had a chance to see some reviews before I made a blind purchase

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Yeah, I don't know, i just don't know about BF3. Always wanted to pick it up, but I've heard bad things about the beta, yet I've also heard the real game is a lot better... wish I had a chance to see some reviews before I made a blind purchase[/QUOTE]
I think the embargo lifts tonight at Midnight PST/2 AM CST. IGN I know will have the review up at that time at least.

Battlefield has never released a lemon, so there really isn't anything to worry about. The beta was shit, and is not indicative of the final product. It's as simple as that really.

Especially since the build was old with toned down destructibility and was a map with no vehicles, it's definitely not indicative of what Battlefield is going to be about.

[quote name='tarbeebee']TRU still has pre-orders[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I guess I checked everywhere but TRU and Walmart (I think I am still sore from when I pre-ordered the 80gb PS3 from TRU, waiting in line all night, and later was told they just didn't get enough, so I was hoping to not go through them heh).
Walmart also has them for 360 and PS3, but shipping is $2.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Thanks for the info, guess I'll make my decision tomorrow based on a review or two.[/QUOTE]

Across 19 reviews so far (there's a list compiled on NeoGAF), I think only one place gave it lower than a 9. It was a German site that only reviewed the SP, so it looks like the game turned out as they expected. Some people still won't like it, as is the case with anything, but this is a far cry from the people overreacting to the beta build as if it were meant to be a demo of the near final version of the retail game.

Cancelled my BF3 Limited Edition, pre-order on 'Newegg' ($48), and placed one on Amazon ...

Just want to ask u guys one question, since this is first time that I'm dealing with Amazon credit: where does it show that I'll get that $20 credit? I can't find it nowhere in confirmation email, or Amazon orders ...

Thanks for the answer in advance! :)

Greetings from Bosnia!

[quote name='Bosnian_Lord']Cancelled my BF3 Limited Edition, pre-order on 'Newegg' ($48), and placed one on Amazon ...

Just want to ask u guys one question, since this is first time that I'm dealing with Amazon credit: where does it show that I'll get that $20 credit? I can't find it nowhere in confirmation email, or Amazon orders ...

Thanks for the answer in advance! :)

Greetings from Bosnia![/QUOTE]

Unfortunately it won't show on the emails and on your order page, the only time you see that it has promo credit on it is before you "place your order" it would say on top "Congratulations..blah blah your order qualify for $20 promotional credit blah blah" something to that effect. Don't worry about anything if ever you dont get the promo credit just shoot them an email and you'd get it.

[quote name='FlipSide']Unfortunately it won't show on the emails and on your order page, the only time you see that it has promo credit on it is before you "place your order" it would say on top "Congratulations..blah blah your order qualify for $20 promotional credit blah blah" something to that effect. Don't worry about anything if ever you dont get the promo credit just shoot them an email and you'd get it.[/QUOTE]

Thank man for the answer. :)

Yes, it did show "Congartulations.. blah, blah..." :lol: on top before I placed my order ...

Thanks man one more time!

Cheers!

:applause:

[quote name='FlipSide']Unfortunately it won't show on the emails and on your order page, the only time you see that it has promo credit on it is before you "place your order" it would say on top "Congratulations..blah blah your order qualify for $20 promotional credit blah blah" something to that effect. Don't worry about anything if ever you dont get the promo credit just shoot them an email and you'd get it.[/QUOTE]

Actually the promo credits are usually mentioned in the order confirmation e-mails I get. The exact sentence from one of my older orders was, "Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a [$$] promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com..."

How does Amazon's release date delivery work? I ordered BF3 last Thursday, and it's hasn't shipped yet. It's supposed to come out tomorrow...

I'm really quite interested to see what the game is really like. Releasing such an early/rough beta was a TERRIBLE idea, and I hope they have learned their lesson on that front.

[quote name='Zaku77']I'm really quite interested to see what the game is really like. Releasing such an early/rough beta was a TERRIBLE idea, and I hope they have learned their lesson on that front.[/QUOTE]

How else would you suggest they stress test their servers before launch?

[quote name='sTaTIx']How does Amazon's release date delivery work? I ordered BF3 last Thursday, and it's hasn't shipped yet. It's supposed to come out tomorrow...[/QUOTE]

Mine just shipped 32 minutes ago. I'm not worried. My copy of Rage didn't ship out til 9pm and still got to me around 3pm the next day. Amazon + UPS = win.

[quote name='ral1121']So Release Date deliveries usually ship on Mondays?[/QUOTE]

If the game releases on a Tuesday, then yes according to my history with Amazon.

[quote name='gotdott']How else would you suggest they stress test their servers before launch?[/QUOTE]

They could do it with a beta that is more indicative of the product coming out a month later. They could also do it as a closed beta, so the masses that don't realize that it's a far cry from the final product don't think the game sucks.

[quote name='thrustbucket']When you cancel an amazon order with promotional credit applied, is it normal to lose your promotional credit?[/QUOTE]

It depends on the promo credit date. They expire at a certain date, normally a year or so from the release of the game you ordered to get the credit. If it didn't expire, then it's not normal to lose the promotional credit.

Why is this question asked on nearly every page? This information should just be added to the OP for those that don't know it already.

[quote name='Zaku77']I'm really quite interested to see what the game is really like. Releasing such an early/rough beta was a TERRIBLE idea, and I hope they have learned their lesson on that front.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that beta almost made me not buy the game since it had so many glitches and the map was terrible it was like a COD clone, until I found out it was a really old build of the game and from what some friends told me it wasn't even running Frostbite 2. But that was a terrible idea, they should have chosen a big vehicle map to show off what Battlefield is all about.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']Yeah that beta almost made me not buy the game since it had so many glitches and the map was terrible it was like a COD clone, until I found out it was a really old build of the game and from what some friends told me it wasn't even running Frostbite 2. But that was a terrible idea, they should have chosen a big vehicle map to show off what Battlefield is all about.[/QUOTE]

I think they just wanted free alpha testing... Sadly it backfired on them and probably drove quite a few to MW3

[quote name='Jimmienoman']I think they just wanted free alpha testing... Sadly it backfired on them and probably drove quite a few to MW3[/QUOTE]

which begs the question, why didn't they just release that alpha version when the game was in alpha stage for testing instead of releasing in weeks before the game release

[quote name='panzerfaust']If you wanted a BF that was less CoD like, you missed the BF2 bus years ago.[/QUOTE]

oh no I didn't miss that bus, I rode it til it was riding on rims. I played the hell out of BF2 on PC. I just hope BF3 keeps its identity and isn't just another COD clone like every other FPS released now

You can still Pre Order Battlefield 3, but good luck. I did the pre order and was not given the same day release delivery of game release date. I chose 1 day shipping and paid the $3.99 (since I have Prime) and was told that I still would not receive the game until Thursday or Friday. Just cancelled my order instead and amazon lost a sale. It was going to be a gift but oh well, it'll have to wait now.

[quote name='intoxicated662']You can still Pre Order Battlefield 3, but good luck. I did the pre order and was not given the same day release delivery of game release date. I chose 1 day shipping and paid the $3.99 (since I have Prime) and was told that I still would not receive the game until Thursday or Friday. Just cancelled my order instead and amazon lost a sale. It was going to be a gift but oh well, it'll have to wait now.[/QUOTE]

Obviously you only have so long to pre-order it and get it tomorrow. I doubt amazon is hurt by you cancelling your order though.

[quote name='aircobra']Obviously you only have so long to pre-order it and get it tomorrow. I doubt amazon is hurt by you cancelling your order though.[/QUOTE]

I guess you failed at reading and comprehending. You only have so long to pre order, yes. So why is the option still up right now to pre order a game that comes out tomorrow? Plus, taking 4 days to ship a game when I am paying the extra $3.99 plus being a Prime member should make it 1-2 days at the most for them to deliver it. Looks like I'll wait it out and use the promotional credit on something else.

By the way, with that kind of attitude it's one reason companies like circuit city have gone down under.

i'm pretty sure amazon is gonna be ok and not go the way of circuit city. just a hunch.

it's a pre-order because it's still Oct 24th on the west coast.

But if you order 1 day, you should get it Wed. Amazon doesn't mess around.

Yeah, the option is still gonna show up until tomorrow but that doesn't mean it's available for release day delivery. They have a countdown timer the day before that tells you how long you have to order it to get it tomorrow.

Yeah, but even then with 1 day shipping I was told it would not arrive until Friday so I just cancelled it instead. Oh well, guess halo anniversary it is then instead.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Yeah, but even then with 1 day shipping I was told it would not arrive until Friday so I just cancelled it instead. Oh well, guess halo anniversary it is then instead.[/QUOTE]

Unless they are backordered, you'll get it the next day. Amazon notoriously is conservative with their delivery dates.

Keep an eye on your BF3 Promotional Credit E-mail, this is an actual 16 character promo code where you have to enter it on your next order to get $20 off.

If anyone is still worried about their game not arriving on release date because their tracking info is off, don't fret it. My copy of BF3 just shipped from Kentucky to Arizona in 46 minutes, according to the tracker.

So either Amazon has access to some otherworldly technology for super-fast transportation, or the tracker isn't to be trusted. Either way, you should be fine.

[quote name='Zaku77']Why is this question asked on nearly every page? This information should just be added to the OP for those that don't know it already.[/QUOTE]

Around 90% of the questions asked are already answered in the faqs in the OP. It's just that no one reads the faqs.

[quote name='FlipSide']Keep an eye on your BF3 Promotional Credit E-mail, this is an actual 16 character promo code where you have to enter it on your next order to get $20 off.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, not sure I like this, would rather it auto apply...

bread's done
Back