Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Here is a list of all the known games on Amazon that come with a gift card or gaming credit. If the Amazon price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Release date delivery is available on many of these titles, which is free for Amazon Prime members.

The status of these offers fluctuates. Please read the details on the Amazon product page before ordering.

:360::ps3::wii:LEGO Lord of the Rings $10 Credit
:psp: Silent Hill: Book of Memories $5 Promotional credit toward the purchase of Silent Hill HD Collection or Silent Hill: Downpour.
:psp:Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz (Vita) $5 Credit
:wii::ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead $5 Credit
:360::ps3:XCOM: Enemy Unknown $15 Credit

Sometimes accurate pudding on Amazon is located here.

Amazon Credit & GC Deals FAQ by Lucian[hiddenlist]

1. What is Amazon game credit? How is it different than a gift card?
Amazon game credit is a discount off a new order only. This means it cannot be applied to an existing order, unlike a gift card that can be applied at any time. Occasionally, a CAG will report that customer service applied a game credit balance to an existing order, but this is extremely YMMV.

In addition, game credits can only be used on gaming items. This generally includes all games and accessories for consoles, handhelds, and PC shipped and sold by Amazon. Credits usually cannot be used on systems (either console or handheld). As far as digital content is concerned:
- Xbox Live codes sent via email - No
- Xbox Live physical points cards - Yes
- PSN codes sent via email - Yes (confirmed by grantme 7/3/2011)
- PSN physical wallet cards - Yes (someone please confirm via PM)
- PC game downloads - Not sure (someone please advise via PM)

2. What about the expiration date? Does this mean I can't use it on a preorder that releases after the expiration date?
The expiration date is the date by which a qualifying order must be placed. The order does not need to ship by that date; however, if you cancel the order after the the credit expires, it is gone and cannot be recovered.

3. Can I stack game credit?
Yes, you can stack game credit to your heart's content. However, remember that each game credit has an expiration date and must be used prior to the expiration date. Currently, Amazon does not provide information on your credit balance through their website, so either track it yourself or call customer service for assistance.

4. When will I get my game credit or gift card?
The exact timeframe is specified on the product page in the section detailing the game credit, but it is usually 2 business days. The game credit or gift card will be deposited into your account and you should receive an email notification once that occurs. Of course, it is possible for email delivery failure, so you can check your account depending on the type of bonus:
- Gift card - Go to your account and check your gift card balance
- Game credit - See FAQ #9 below 'How can I check my credit balance?'

Please wait the expected time frame before contacting customer service asking for your credit.

5. Can I use game credit and gift cards on the same order?
Yes.

6. I want to order two (2) copies of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 because of the $15 game credit. Will I get $30 in credit?
No. Game credit offers are limited to 1 per household per title, so you will only receive 1 game credit.

7. What if I order one (1) copy of Newborn Ninja Assassins 2 for PS3 and one (1) copy for Xbox 360? Will I get 2 game game credits now?
No. CAGs have reported only receiving 1 credit per title even though the titles are for different platforms (i.e., have different SKUs).

8. A credit was just added to a game that I already had preordered. Do I need to cancel my order to qualify for the credit?
No. To date, all game credit promotions have had verbiage indicating that This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.. To be 'safe', you may want to get a screenshot of the promotion as proof should you need to contact customer service after the game ships.

9. How can I check my credit balance?
Place a preorder for any title to see how much promotional credit is applied. Cancel the order and the promotional credit will be released back to your account as long as it has not yet expired.

Also, Amazon recently added the ability to view your balance on the MP3 download screen. Go to any MP3 download page and look for a blue splat with a $ in it; it's right below the purchase button. Click the link next to the blue splat that says 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance' and a pop-up will display available credit. Videogame credits will display under the category 'SOFTWARE/VIDEO GAMES', but may contain credit applicable only to software downloads.

Other Amazon-related questions

1. Why does my order say the estimated ship date is a week after release?
Amazon prioritizes shipping for Prime members and those who paid for shipping over those taking advantage of their Free Super Saver Shipping (FSSS) option. Sometimes this means that a preorder will not ship for a few days after release, though I've never had an order take as long as they estimate. I expect their estimates accomplish 2 things:
- It covers their worst case scenario backlog and makes you feel better when it ships earlier than estimated.
- It's a nice marketing ploy to get you to either pay for shipping or sign-up for Amazon Prime.
11.gif

2. My Amazon Prime or Prime trial is going to expire in a few days. What happens to my existing orders or preorders?
Amazon Prime (whether a full membership or a trial) applies to all orders placed during the Prime membership period. This means that if you preorder an item that ships months after your Prime expires, that order will still be covered under your Prime benefits (i.e., free standard or 2-day shipping and sometimes release-date delivery). If an item becomes eligible for Release Date Delivery (RDD) and you already have it preordered with 2-day shipping, it will automatically be upgraded to RDD even if your Prime has since expired. However, if you need to change the payment method (e.g., if your credit card has expired) on an order after your Prime has expired, your Prime benefits on that order will be lost. In this situation, you can apply a gift card balance without affecting Prime benefits.
[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='miroresh']Waiting for Diablo 3 Promo. :)[/QUOTE]
We'll probably see that around the time that we see deep discounts on MacBooks and iPods.

But I, too, live in hope.

[quote name='cheaphuck']Heh, I look back at it as a good thing as it has completely weened me off buying every new game just because a $20 credit was attached. Went from spending hundreds a year at Amazon to practically nothing.
random.gif
[/QUOTE]

Same thing with me too bro.. Tbh I havent even been online that much anymore because of it. I used to be so consumed by all this and now its just kind of fizzled

[quote name='earvcunanan']Dragon's Dogma comes with a $10 credit plus a weapon pack.[/QUOTE]

Yup! They just added it recently! Freaking sweet! Wish I had pre-ordered before when it dropped to 50. :p

Plus the Ur-Dragon battle was just announced. :bouncy:

[quote name='earvcunanan']Dragon's Dogma comes with a $10 credit plus a weapon pack.[/QUOTE]
Was just coming to post that. Anyway, updated the OP for visibility. I think the $10 (plus super secret club discount ;)) will push me over for an early purchase.

[quote name='TheGuardianWolf']Yup! They just added it recently! Freaking sweet! Wish I had pre-ordered before when it dropped to 50. :p

Plus the Ur-Dragon battle was just announced. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
UGH! :wall: I DID have it preordered when it was $49, but I cancelled it the day before they added the credit, lol. I didn't want to forget to cancel, because I figured it'd drop quick since Newegg had it for $47 preorder (and my Ur-backlog didn't help).

BTW, why don't you people ADD these games to the 1st post? Takes the same amount of time to post it here.

[quote name='twztid13']UGH! :wall: I DID have it preordered when it was $49, but I cancelled it the day before they added the credit, lol. I didn't want to forget to cancel, because I figured it'd drop quick since Newegg had it for $47 preorder (and my Ur-backlog didn't help).

BTW, why don't you people ADD these games to the 1st post? Takes the same amount of time to post it here.[/QUOTE]
Same, I cancelled my original $55~ preorder from amazon back when newegg did the $48 preorder.

And now I just cancelled the newegg one and went back to amazon since it seems like a better deal with prime. Could've saved an extra $5 if I didn't hear about the newegg deal but oh well.

newegg - $48, free 3-day shipping
amazon - $50, free release date shipping + weapons pack

Just played Spec Ops: The Line demo, lots of fun. Doesn't hurt that it has Nathan Drake's voice as the main character but the gameplay is alot like Uncharted 3 with squad and military tactics. Looking forward to it.

You know what I never understood? Why expensive ass collector's editions don't garner more credit? Why do I get the same $10 credit if I order the $60 regular version of a game or the $100 CE?

I'm a HUGE Borderlands fan. I put over four DAYS worth of time into the 360 version and so far have put about 15 hours into the PS3 GotY version. I would love to get the ultimate CE of Borderlands 2 but $150 is fucking absurd. Now if there was a $40 credit or something I would be much more inclined to splurge. Just sayin'.

[quote name='Rockinjs']Fry's has resistance burning skies for $34.96 for anybody that preordered thru amazon submit the lowered price so we can try to get it for that also here is the link heck even if you didnt preorder it submit the price and help your fellow CAG out

http://www.frys.com/product/7009991?...mes%20Pod:pod3[/QUOTE]
Ok, I have it pre-ordered as well and I'm trying to submit the lower price but I'm not seeing the link ANYWHERE on the product page.

Edit: Never mind, found it finally. Yeesh, they really try to hide that shit. You do know that Fry's is charging $2 for shipping? That might screw things up.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']You know what I never understood? Why expensive ass collector's editions don't garner more credit? Why do I get the same $10 credit if I order the $60 regular version of a game or the $100 CE?

I'm a HUGE Borderlands fan. I put over four DAYS worth of time into the 360 version and so far have put about 15 hours into the PS3 GotY version. I would love to get the ultimate CE of Borderlands 2 but $150 is fucking absurd. Now if there was a $40 credit or something I would be much more inclined to splurge. Just sayin'.[/QUOTE]

Because for the most part, collector's editions sell themselves which is why Amazon almost never gives credit on them. There is also a lot less competition among retailers on collector's editions because only a handful of stores carry most of them and the biggest like Gamestop never give credits at all.

[quote name='bojay1997']Because for the most part, collector's editions sell themselves which is why Amazon almost never gives credit on them. There is also a lot less competition among retailers on collector's editions because only a handful of stores carry most of them and the biggest like Gamestop never give credits at all.[/QUOTE]
So then why do I usually see piles of them in my local stores?

[quote name='ravens52bears54']So then why do I usually see piles of them in my local stores?[/QUOTE]

Even the ones that you're seeing piles of still sell tons to first day adopters and the margins can be very lucrative for retailers. Also, Amazon's business model is not the same as a brick and mortar retailer. Amazon is essentially in the warehouse business and while they would like to move things quickly, they don't have the same concerns about moving things immediately that a brick and mortar retailer does. Amazon can always just cut the price later if they have overstock or do a DOTD. There is literally no reason for Amazon to do a credit unless other retailers are doing so.

[quote name='I LIEK CHOCOLATEMILK']I haven't pre-ordered a game in awhile, but when did Amazon stop giving $20 credits?[/QUOTE]

Would like to know the last game that they offered that much too.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Would like to know the last game that they offered that much too.[/QUOTE]
Syndicate? And I think the last one before that was LOTR: War in the North.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Lego Batman 2 has a $10 credit now and it extends to all existing preorders as usual. Kick ass for those of us that bought it when it was $37.49[/QUOTE]
Sweet! Thanks for the info!

did anyone else get an email from Amazon [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]with a $20 promotional credit towards Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Kenshindono']i heard the mechamancer character is a Best Buy only preorder exclusive. ANyone know if thats the case or if it works @ Amazon too?[/QUOTE]

Pre-order Borderlands 2, for Xbox 360 or PS3, and get a $10 Amazon credit good toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including but not limited to Kindle books, Gift Cards, and Amazon Appstore for Android apps) and access to the Borderlands 2 Premiere Club, which includes a Golden Key, Vault Hunter's Relic, Gearbox Gunpack, and new Mechromancer class.

Amazon pre-order info here.

[quote name='LazyTriangle']did anyone else get an email from Amazon [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]with a $20 promotional credit towards Crysis 2 Maximum Edition [/SIZE][/FONT]
[/QUOTE]
Yeah. It's stupid, cuz you can't let anyone else use it, and only people who already own Crysis 2 get it. So...It's basically saying we'll give you the 2 mp map packs & the LE content for $20. I won't ever play the mp, so it's worthless to me. I wish friends that didn't have Crysis 2 could use it. It was only to match the Steam price, I believe.

[quote name='I LIEK CHOCOLATEMILK']I haven't pre-ordered a game in awhile, but when did Amazon stop giving $20 credits?[/QUOTE]

Stupid example, but if you pre-order Brave the VDO game for DS or PC it's $30 w/ $20 amazon credit + an $8 voucher for a movie ticket. Basically $2 for the game. Maybe you can make that back in TIV? :x

[quote name='Meehkaw']Stupid example, but if you pre-order Brave the VDO game for DS or PC it's $30 w/ $20 amazon credit + an $8 voucher for a movie ticket. Basically $2 for the game. Maybe you can make that back in TIV? :x[/QUOTE]

Was just coming here to post this. Yeah, all platforms of Brave currently get a $20 credit. PS3, XBox, and Wii are $50 though. DS and PC are $30 like Meehkaw posted...

bread's done
Back