Amazon.de HD-DVD firesale (Germany)

Sporadic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
53 (100%)
There's a firesale going on at Amazon.de

Alot of titles going for under 15 EURO (and prices are before VAT reduction if you are having them mailed to the US). I also tried to list the German exclusive/noteworthy titles only, there are some Studio Canal like La Haine and others also on sale.

The Jackel
Serpico (Forced/Resizeable subtitles)

Bug
Hooligans
The Island
Renaissance
Running Scared
Silent Hill

Alone In The Dark
Three Days of the Condor (Forced/Resizeable subtitles)

Brothers Grimm
Death At A Funeral
Tideland
Tomb Raider 2

Underworld (Extended Cut)

Saw (Director's Cut) w/ extra online goodies

Details on what is on the Saw disc

Crank
Death Sentence

I ended up buying Saw, Silent Hill and Brothers Grimm for 44,14 EUROs shipped ($67.04) which is $1.84 cheaper than buying the American Blu-Rays from Amazon :)

[quote name='Sporadic']I can't tell you. When I try to access the online features, it crashes my Xbox :/[/QUOTE]

Dunno if this will help, but when I got American Gangster I tried it on my Elite. Started to load some "online" screen, seemed to lock up, and from then on the movie wouldn't load.

Posted on the Xbox.com looking for answers, and a nice gentleman suggested going to the System blade on the 360 console, go to memory, HD-DVD device, and clear the memory on the unit.

Once that was complete, I put American Gangster back into my 360, and it has worked correctly ever since. So if your having trouble watching HD-DVD movies on your 360, I'd seriously consider giving this a try. (This also works with PowerDVD on a PC, you just need to find the "cache" folder to clear similarly corrupt files.)

[quote name='merkman']Dunno if this will help, but when I got American Gangster I tried it on my Elite. Started to load some "online" screen, seemed to lock up, and from then on the movie wouldn't load.

Posted on the Xbox.com looking for answers, and a nice gentleman suggested going to the System blade on the 360 console, go to memory, HD-DVD device, and clear the memory on the unit.

Once that was complete, I put American Gangster back into my 360, and it has worked correctly ever since. So if your having trouble watching HD-DVD movies on your 360, I'd seriously consider giving this a try. (This also works with PowerDVD on a PC, you just need to find the "cache" folder to clear similarly corrupt files.)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for trying to help out.

I figured out a workaround. If I try to access the online extras cold, my Xbox freezes up. If I access the online extras while playing a extra, it works.

Weird, but at least I got to check it out.

[quote name='gunm']Gah, I waited too long and now TR2 is OOS (only 3rd party sellers as I type this).[/quote]

Oh crap..since they're holding my order till T2 ships, I wonder if they held a TR2 for me or if it will be OOS when my order ships...

[quote name='Sporadic']Man, Amazon.de does not fuck around.

9 days from Germany to America

importsyz5.jpg
[/quote]
cool - can you share what the total was including shipping and vat deduction?

thanks in advance

[quote name='outtie']cool - can you share what the total was including shipping and vat deduction?

thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no problem. I actually already posted it at the end of the first post.

It was 44,14 EUROs shipped ($67.04) after VAT was taken off for all three.

[quote name='Sporadic']Man, Amazon.de does not fuck around.

9 days from Germany to America

importsyz5.jpg
[/quote]
Does the package come via USPS or what other service? I'm just curious because I expect my shipment next week and wanted to know who to be on the lookout for.

Thanks,
Christopher

[quote name='christophles']Does the package come via USPS or what other service? I'm just curious because I expect my shipment next week and wanted to know who to be on the lookout for.

Thanks,
Christopher[/quote]
I'm going to guess DHL. Only because its from Germany. I'm still thinking about tacking on to your next order, thanks again.

Just got mine yesterday, it was awesome! Amazon.de said it would arrive by March 17, but I got it here March 13 instead (9 days total). Just watched Tomb Raider Cradle of Life. AWESOME transfer. I'd give PQ a 7/10 (for reference, I'd say Tomb Raider Blu Ray/HD-DVD was 6/10, Hot Fuzz HD-DVD was a 8/10 and Pirates 3 Blu Ray was a 9/10).

Thanks OP, this was great!

Is there anyone on here within 50 miles of louisville KY that would be interested in grouping an order together to split the cost on shipping?

Since my German is a little rusty... Okay, so it is non-existent like rust on a 30 year old beta max tape...

Can anyone tell me the difference between the GERMAN and UK versions of...

Total Recall

The Island

Tomb Raider 2

Holiday

Thanks in advance.... sorry for the newbie question

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Oh crap..since they're holding my order till T2 ships, I wonder if they held a TR2 for me or if it will be OOS when my order ships...[/quote]

If it works like Amazon US, they'll send you an email if it goes OOS and they can't fulfill it.

Alternatively, I suppose you could just shoot over an email...seems like they can handle emails in English if you click the right link.

[quote name='christophles']Does the package come via USPS or what other service? I'm just curious because I expect my shipment next week and wanted to know who to be on the lookout for.

Thanks,
Christopher[/QUOTE]

USPS

I found mine crammed in my mailbox.

[quote name='outtie']Since my German is a little rusty... Okay, so it is non-existent like rust on a 30 year old beta max tape...

Can anyone tell me the difference between the GERMAN and UK versions of...

Total Recall

The Island

Tomb Raider 2

Holiday

Thanks in advance.... sorry for the newbie question[/QUOTE]

In the case of Total Recall, there should be no real difference (besides the language on the case) since with s Studio Canal release, you select what language you want the menu to be in.

With everything else, the only difference should be A) the case will be in German, B) the menu will be in German, C) if any on screen text appears (like to say where they are or the title), it will be in German.

You can easily switch the audio to English.

Found these just yesterday and ordered 6 titles, it's good to know that the €14 shipping never changes just have to buy more titles to make it less painful.

Does anyone know what the status on 'upcoming' releases is in Germany? I'm interested (mainly) T2 Steelbook, and Deathproof, and 30 Days of Night.

[quote name='edison']Does anyone know what the status on 'upcoming' releases is in Germany? I'm interested (mainly) T2 Steelbook, and Deathproof, and 30 Days of Night.[/QUOTE]

T2 Steelbook is a lock, Death Proof should and it's not looking good for 30 Days Of Night.

[quote name='Sporadic']T2 Steelbook is a lock, Death Proof should and it's not looking good for 30 Days Of Night.[/quote]
It looks like Death Proof on HD DVD has been delayed until June 30th.

For those who wanted to get in on the group order, part of the order has arrived today. I will be sending out PM to those movies that came in today.

Christopher

[quote name='christophles']For those who wanted to get in on the group order, part of the order has arrived today. I will be sending out PM to those movies that came in today.

Christopher[/QUOTE]

"Renaissance" and "La Haine"? ;-)

[quote name='Sarang01']"Renaissance" and "La Haine"? ;-)[/quote]
Not yet, for this order they shipped it out in two separate packages. I should be receiving the second one any day now since they both shipped on the same day.

[quote name='uli2000']Any more group orders going down? Id love to get The Island, but not paying $20 or so for shipping for one movie.[/quote] Yes I have extras of that movie, please PM me and I'll tell you the price.

[quote name='rsigley']anyone's orders delayed?

ordered on march 5th, said would ship march 18th

still not shipped[/quote]
Almost all of the 200 HD DVD movies that I ordered from them during my group order have been shipped.

damn, that sucks for me

was alone in the dark in your order? i bet that crappy movie is holding everything up

the others (serpico, the island, tomb raider 2) are popular

Did anyone order extra copies of Running Scared? I don't read German, but it seems like they either raised the price or are selling from 3rd party vendors now. I'm interested in that among others..

[quote name='rsigley']damn, that sucks for me

was alone in the dark in your order? i bet that crappy movie is holding everything up

the others (serpico, the island, tomb raider 2) are popular[/quote] I did have one Alone in the Dark and shipped out the next day. What movies were in your order? I ordered around 20 different movies and now as of today they all have shipped.

tomb raider 2, alone in the dark, the island, and serpico

oh well, they charged my card and i payed it off already hopefully it will come soon

been wanting to watch the island in HD for a while now since i heard so much good about it

[quote name='rsigley']tomb raider 2, alone in the dark, the island, and serpico

oh well, they charged my card and i payed it off already hopefully it will come soon

been wanting to watch the island in HD for a while now since i heard so much good about it[/quote]
For the first order I placed, it took 6 days for the first package to come in and took the second package 9 days (arrived today) to come in from Germany shipping to the Chicagoland area.

Christophiles - Thanks for your group purchase! I got my copy of Tomb Raider 2, two days after you shipped it. Watched it last night, and was VERY impressed with the quality of the transfer. Really appreciate your assistance!

[quote name='merkman']Christophiles - Thanks for your group purchase! I got my copy of Tomb Raider 2, two days after you shipped it. Watched it last night, and was VERY impressed with the quality of the transfer. Really appreciate your assistance![/quote]

Give him some feedback...he's new he needs it.

[quote name='merkman']Christophiles - Thanks for your group purchase! I got my copy of Tomb Raider 2, two days after you shipped it. Watched it last night, and was VERY impressed with the quality of the transfer. Really appreciate your assistance![/quote]
Your welcome. I was glad to help you out and I'm glad that you enjoyed the movie.

for anyone who got fantastic four canceled, was it in stock when u ordered? I had ordered running scared when it went down, but it said 2-4 weeks. My order had death proof in it, I canceled that, and now running scared is out of stock and my expected ship date is may 21-june5.

Should I just cancel running scared since it appears they won't get any in and its tying up my order? I would hate to wait and then find out other titles in my order go out of stock.

christophles Thanks so much for sending out the movies and doing the order for us! It's much appreciated!

Got both my movies from you speedy Fast!

Thanks Again!

[quote name='azeledge']christophles Thanks so much for sending out the movies and doing the order for us! It's much appreciated!

Got both my movies from you speedy Fast!

Thanks Again![/quote]
Your welcome. It does help when you are the next state away from me. :)

Anyone order T2 with their order besides me? Estimated ship date was 3/18 but as far as I can tell it hasn't shipped yet.

Now I'm wondering if Tomb Raider: Cradle Of Life being OOS is holding it back.

I placed an order for a few HD-DVDs a while ago, and the order was being held for Terminator 2's release. When Terminator 2 came out, the order was on hold for FF4-2, which was out of stock, but in-stock at the time I placed my order.

My guess is that they don't set aside in-stock items while waiting for the remaining items in your order to arrive. I sent them an email after Terminator 2's release complaining about this and they split my shipments up between everything that was in-stock and everything that wasn't.

[quote name='bang4dabuc']I placed an order for a few HD-DVDs a while ago, and the order was being held for Terminator 2's release. When Terminator 2 came out, the order was on hold for FF4-2, which was out of stock, but in-stock at the time I placed my order.

My guess is that they don't set aside in-stock items while waiting for the remaining items in your order to arrive. I sent them an email after Terminator 2's release complaining about this and they split my shipments up between everything that was in-stock and everything that wasn't.[/quote]

Damn it...I was afraid of that...guess I won't be getting my movies, I might just cancel the whole damn thing.

[quote name='Sporadic']
I ended up buying Saw, Silent Hill and Brothers Grimm for 44,14 EUROs shipped ($67.04) which is $1.84 cheaper than buying the American Blu-Rays from Amazon :)[/quote]

No offense, but...you went through all that hassle and imported movies on a discontinued format...to save less than $2 on a $70 purchase?

That's just...silly. :applause:

I mean, I'm still buying HD movies...but they're at BlockBuster and $10 each, or less if I have trade-in credit...

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']No offense, but...you went through all that hassle and imported movies on a discontinued format...to save less than $2 on a $70 purchase?

That's just...silly. :applause:[/QUOTE]

It's a hassle to log into my US Amazon account and press order?

Anyways like I said earlier, I went through all that "hassle" to enjoy movies I wanted to see on a format I actually own.

I could have paid $2 more for the Blu-Ray but without a player to play it on...

Removed disruptive post.

On another note, after emailing Amazon.de for an update, they informed me that my order shipped on 3/18. About how long did it take you guys to receive your movies based on the ship date?

mine never went into shipped mode, said expect movies by march 18th

then it showed up at my house yesterday

then i got the your order has shipped email today

bread's done
Back