Amazon.de HD-DVD firesale (Germany)

Sporadic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
53 (100%)
There's a firesale going on at Amazon.de

Alot of titles going for under 15 EURO (and prices are before VAT reduction if you are having them mailed to the US). I also tried to list the German exclusive/noteworthy titles only, there are some Studio Canal like La Haine and others also on sale.

The Jackel
Serpico (Forced/Resizeable subtitles)

Bug
Hooligans
The Island
Renaissance
Running Scared
Silent Hill

Alone In The Dark
Three Days of the Condor (Forced/Resizeable subtitles)

Brothers Grimm
Death At A Funeral
Tideland
Tomb Raider 2

Underworld (Extended Cut)

Saw (Director's Cut) w/ extra online goodies

Details on what is on the Saw disc

Crank
Death Sentence

I ended up buying Saw, Silent Hill and Brothers Grimm for 44,14 EUROs shipped ($67.04) which is $1.84 cheaper than buying the American Blu-Rays from Amazon :)

No, seriously, I'm genuinely curious, and I fail to see how that was disruptive OR trolling, as it was not profane, insulting, or anything else of that nature. Seriously, what's the edge if the savings are effectively negligible due t the shipping and conversion rate, and tend to require one person to purchase multiples and re-ship to everyone? Are these films not available on HD at all in the US and Blu-Ray exclusive here? I'm genuinely curious and trying to understand what the "deal" is, and I think that flagging it as "trolling" is a little harsh and impinges on the ability to have straightforward discussion.

Yes, a few of the movie that most of the people picked up from this sale are either Blu-Ray exclusive or only Import HD-DVD. Serpico, The Island, La Haine, Das Parfum are only available as imports. T2 and Silent Hill have better picture quality and extras than there Blu-Ray counterparts. Also if one person makes a big order, Shipping is the same amount for 1 or 100. By placing a large order, you can save money on shipping. Re shipping doesn't cost much.

[quote name='djbooba']Yes, a few of the movie that most of the people picked up from this sale are either Blu-Ray exclusive or only Import HD-DVD. Serpico, The Island, La Haine, Das Parfum are only available as imports. T2 and Silent Hill have better picture quality and extras than there Blu-Ray counterparts. Also if one person makes a big order, Shipping is the same amount for 1 or 100. By placing a large order, you can save money on shipping. Re shipping doesn't cost much.[/quote]

Now, see? That shed a whole lot of light on this, and I thank you. My question was actually answered, instead of being deleted. This adds to my understanding of the situation and it is now longer perceptible as "silly." That's really neat, what kind of extras do Silent Hill and T2 have? I like just picked them up on DVD, bought SH previewed at Hollywood ages ago and T2 is still sealed, $5 at WallyWorld. I'm assuming this transfer blows them both away even if I'm upconverting?

I've always actually been kind of curious about older films in HD...is there a distinct, noticeable picture quality improvement for less recent titles, such as T2? - I'm curious, because The Fugitive and Lethal Weapon are both sitting at my local BlockBuster.

If I remember right, The French version of T2 has 2 discs and has the director's cut and theatrical cut of the movie. The Blu-Ray version is the theatrical cut. Silent Hill just looks really good on HD-DVD.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Removed disruptive post.

On another note, after emailing Amazon.de for an update, they informed me that my order shipped on 3/18. About how long did it take you guys to receive your movies based on the ship date?[/quote]
The 6 orders I placed with Amazon.de took about 6-9 days after shipment to receive in the mail.

[quote name='christophles']The 6 orders I placed with Amazon.de took about 6-9 days after shipment to receive in the mail.[/quote]

Thanks I'll hopefully be seeing my stuff next week.

[quote name='christophles']The 6 orders I placed with Amazon.de took about 6-9 days after shipment to receive in the mail.[/QUOTE]

Got my copy of Die Insel from you this last week. Thanks again.

Anybody else doing any group orders to save on shipping?

[quote name='arthurl']Got my copy of Die Insel from you this last week. Thanks again.

Anybody else doing any group orders to save on shipping?[/quote]
I know I'll have some extras, but what exactly I don't know yet. I know I'll have a few T2: Steelbook HD DVD available. I won't know until all movies are in and paid for.

[quote name='twen']If you have extras, how much are you shipping them for?[/quote]
It all depends on the movie. I will let you know more once I know for sure what exactly I have left.

Death at a Funeral really intrigues me. Please PM me or something if there is another order goin on. Or if someone had bought extras. Im ready to join the next group :)

[quote name='taint mcgee']Death at a Funeral really intrigues me. Please PM me or something if there is another order goin on. Or if someone had bought extras. Im ready to join the next group :)[/QUOTE]

BTW, Death at a Funeral is excellent on HD-DVD. I got it from this sale and it's incredibly funny with terrific performances (particularly Alan Tudyk of Firefly fame). And the picture quality is top notch, just like all Concorde releases.

[quote name='taint mcgee']Death at a Funeral really intrigues me. Please PM me or something if there is another order goin on. Or if someone had bought extras. Im ready to join the next group :)[/QUOTE]

BTW, Death at a Funeral is excellent on HD-DVD. I got it from this sale and it's incredibly funny with terrific performances (particularly Alan Tudyk of Firefly fame). And the picture quality is top notch, just like all Concorde releases.

Did you guys ever get a tracking number? My order said "expected delivery 4/2" but nothing yet...I mean I know its international shipping and I shouldn't be worrying about it yet, but I was wondering if any of you received tracking info.

Did you guys ever get a tracking number? My order said "expected delivery 4/2" but nothing yet...I mean I know its international shipping and I shouldn't be worrying about it yet, but I was wondering if any of you received tracking info.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Did you guys ever get a tracking number? My order said "expected delivery 4/2" but nothing yet...I mean I know its international shipping and I shouldn't be worrying about it yet, but I was wondering if any of you received tracking info.[/quote]
I have 4 packages that haven't arrived yet from Amazon.de and from their estimated arrival dates, some of these packages are over a week late now. I'll give them another week and if I don't receive them, I will send Amazon.de an email. One of the packages wasn't due until the 11th, but at least the other 3 should have been here.

[quote name='christophles']I have 4 packages that haven't arrived yet from Amazon.de and from their estimated arrival dates, some of these packages are over a week late now. I'll give them another week and if I don't receive them, I will send Amazon.de an email. One of the packages wasn't due until the 11th, but at least the other 3 should have been here.[/quote]

Oh good, here I thought it was just me experiencing delays. Thanks bro.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Oh good, here I thought it was just me experiencing delays. Thanks bro.[/quote]
Did you get your movies yet? My last shipment from my last order came in today, 2 days ahead of the estimated arrival date. I am still waiting on 3 of my packages that shipped out on March 20th and I emailed them today about it and they responded saying it could take up to 22 business days to the US. They told me that if I don't get them by the 18th of April to contact them for a replacement shipment.

[quote name='christophles']Did you get your movies yet? My last shipment from my last order came in today, 2 days ahead of the estimated arrival date. I am still waiting on 3 of my packages that shipped out on March 20th and I emailed them today about it and they responded saying it could take up to 22 business days to the US. They told me that if I don't get them by the 18th of April to contact them for a replacement shipment.[/quote]

Not as of yesterday. I'm not home so not sure if its there yet. Too bad the replacement option wouldn't be available for Tomb Raider: Cradle of Life and Grimm Brothers...since they are OOS.

[quote name='taint mcgee']Thanks for rubbin' it in that i dont have it..... you big jerk!!!![/QUOTE]

Sorry, wasn't my intent. ;)

[quote name='hwong3']Sorry, wasn't my intent. ;)[/quote]

It's all good ;). I ended up gettin it from christoples. So you can tell me how sweet it is all you want now.:applause:

anyone get any opened movies? My ran for some reason shipped first, and was opened, it wasn't a marketplace item either. The rest of my movies shipped separately but were all sealed. I wonder if customs opened it?

So... I tried to order Silent HIll.
I have no idea if it went through or not.

EDIT: Here's part of the email I got. I ordered two of them apparently. ...I think. ...I dunno. Anyway, are these things coming or what?
[FONT=verdana, courier new,courier,tahoma,sans-serif]
Guten Tag,

unser Logistikzentrum hat die unten aufgefuehrten Artikel verschickt!

Unser Hinweis:

Sie koennen Ihr Kundenkonto jederzeit ueber "Mein Konto"
http://www.amazon.de/mein-konto einsehen und verwalten.

Ihre Bestellnummer 028-XXXXXXX-5388334 (eingegangen 10-April-2008)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Bestellt Titel Preis Versandt Zwischen-
summe
Amazon.de Artikel (Verkäufer: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.):

1 Silent Hill [HD DVD] EUR 17,61 1 EUR 17,61

1 Silent Hill [HD DVD] EUR 17,61 1 EUR 17,61

Versendet mit Deutsche Post (Lieferung voraussichtlich: 23-April-2008).

Zwischensumme ohne USt: EUR 35,22
Porto und Verpackung: EUR 14,00
Endbetrag inkl. USt.: EUR 49,22

Die Sendung geht an:
XXXXXXXX
[/FONT]

[quote name='dv8mad']So... I tried to order Silent HIll.
I have no idea if it went through or not.

EDIT: Here's part of the email I got. I ordered two of them apparently. ...I think. ...I dunno. Anyway, are these things coming or what?

[FONT=verdana, courier new,courier,tahoma,sans-serif]Guten Tag, [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, courier new,courier,tahoma,sans-serif]unser Logistikzentrum hat die unten aufgefuehrten Artikel verschickt! [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, courier new,courier,tahoma,sans-serif]Unser Hinweis: [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, courier new,courier,tahoma,sans-serif]Sie koennen Ihr Kundenkonto jederzeit ueber "Mein Konto" [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, courier new,courier,tahoma,sans-serif]http://www.amazon.de/mein-konto einsehen und verwalten. [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, courier new,courier,tahoma,sans-serif]Ihre Bestellnummer 028-XXXXXXX-5388334 (eingegangen 10-April-2008) [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, courier new,courier,tahoma,sans-serif]--------------------------------------------------------------------- [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, courier new,courier,tahoma,sans-serif]Bestellt Titel Preis Versandt Zwischen- [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, courier new,courier,tahoma,sans-serif]summe [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, courier new,courier,tahoma,sans-serif]--------------------------------------------------------------------- [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, courier new,courier,tahoma,sans-serif]Amazon.de Artikel (Verkäufer: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.): [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, courier new,courier,tahoma,sans-serif]1 Silent Hill [HD DVD] EUR 17,61 1 EUR 17,61 [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, courier new,courier,tahoma,sans-serif]1 Silent Hill [HD DVD] EUR 17,61 1 EUR 17,61 [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, courier new,courier,tahoma,sans-serif]Versendet mit Deutsche Post (Lieferung voraussichtlich: 23-April-2008). [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, courier new,courier,tahoma,sans-serif]Zwischensumme ohne USt: EUR 35,22 [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, courier new,courier,tahoma,sans-serif]Porto und Verpackung: EUR 14,00 [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, courier new,courier,tahoma,sans-serif]Endbetrag inkl. USt.: EUR 49,22 [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, courier new,courier,tahoma,sans-serif]Die Sendung geht an: [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, courier new,courier,tahoma,sans-serif]XXXXXXXX[/FONT][/quote]
I would contact Amazon.de and price match your order as the price dropped on that site from the time you placed it. April 23rd is when approx. you should receive your order in the mail. Sent by German Post Office.

Current Price:
Silent Hill [HD DVD] - Sean Bean
EUR 9,22 - Stückzahl: 1 - Auf Lager.
Zustand: neu
Verkauft von: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.

[quote name='christophles']I would contact Amazon.de and price match your order as the price dropped on that site from the time you placed it. April 23rd is when approx. you should receive your order in the mail. Sent by German Post Office.

Current Price:
Silent Hill [HD DVD] - Sean Bean
EUR 9,22 - Stückzahl: 1 - Auf Lager.
Zustand: neu
Verkauft von: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.[/quote]

Don't suppose I could prevail upon you for a contact email and a quick instructional on price matching? I've never done it...

[quote name='dv8mad']Don't suppose I could prevail upon you for a contact email and a quick instructional on price matching? I've never done it...[/quote]
Go to Amazon.de and click on "Hilfe" on the top right hand side of the page.

Then you should see in the middle of the page saying something like this... For our English help pages please click here. After you do that, choose E-mail Schreiben on the right hand side in the middle and for email subject choose Other Questions and write this email below and replace the order # with yours and your name at the end. I filled out everything else for you.

Dear Amazon.de,

Please note that the prices listed in the email below are with the
VAT removed from the price that is shown on Amazon.de since I live in the United States and VAT is removed during the checkout process and the prices I have paid for on this particular item when I originally placed the order (with VAT removed) and what the price is now for the item (with VAT removed).

On order # XXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX that shipped out on April 10, 2008, today I see that Silent Hill [HD DVD] dropped from EUR 17,61 to EUR 9,22 after VAT removal since I live in the United States and VAT is removed during checkout. Since I ordered 2 copies of this movie on this order, I would please like to request a refund in the amount of EUR 16,78 for your post price potection within 30 days of shipment for these items.

Thank you,
Your Name Here

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Hmm...week over and still nothing. Guess its time to email Amazon.de again...[/quote]
They will tell you to wait 22 business days after shipment before they will process a replacement shipment. I emailed them on Wednesday and asked about my 3 missing ones. I can't file a missing package claim until next Friday according to them.

[quote name='christophles']Go to Amazon.de and click on "Hilfe" on the top right hand side of the page.

Then you should see in the middle of the page saying something like this... For our English help pages please click here. After you do that, choose E-mail Schreiben on the right hand side in the middle and for email subject choose Other Questions and write this email below and replace the order # with yours and your name at the end. I filled out everything else for you.

Dear Amazon.de,

Please note that the prices listed in the email below are with the
VAT removed from the price that is shown on Amazon.de since I live in the United States and VAT is removed during the checkout process and the prices I have paid for on this particular item when I originally placed the order (with VAT removed) and what the price is now for the item (with VAT removed).

On order # XXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX that shipped out on April 10, 2008, today I see that Silent Hill [HD DVD] dropped from EUR 17,61 to EUR 9,22 after VAT removal since I live in the United States and VAT is removed during checkout. Since I ordered 2 copies of this movie on this order, I would please like to request a refund in the amount of EUR 16,78 for your post price potection within 30 days of shipment for these items.

Thank you,
Your Name Here[/quote]

YOU ROCK! If you ever need anything from Japan just let me know and I'll do what I can for you!

Anyone know if Tomb Raider 2 (Cradle) and Fantastic Four (20005) are available online anywhere? or for trade? Both have disappeared from Amazon.de and from Xploited Cinerma. Thanks

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Hmm...week over and still nothing. Guess its time to email Amazon.de again...[/quote]
Any luck with the MIA packages? I still am waiting for mine to magically show up.

[quote name='christophles']Any luck with the MIA packages? I still am waiting for mine to magically show up.[/quote]

Nada.

I'm going to email them and ask them for a refund since I know they don't have titles in stock...except for T2. They told me to wait till the 16th so my email goes out tomorrow.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Nada.

I'm going to email them and ask them for a refund since I know they don't have titles in stock...except for T2. They told me to wait till the 16th so my email goes out tomorrow.[/quote]
I have an extra T2 if you still want that movie. PM me if you are interested.

Ordered on 3/2 and they finally arrived today. I emailed Amazon asking them to charge me since I had requested a refund earlier.

Now I need to sell the second copy of T2.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Ordered on 3/2 and they finally arrived today. I emailed Amazon asking them to charge me since I had requested a refund earlier.

Now I need to sell the second copy of T2.[/quote]
One of my missing packages did show up, but I'm still waiting on the 2 others to show up. For my replacement packages, I have had 1 of the 3 show up in the first week.

Hey guys, I have a question:
I made my order on April 2008, with an expected delivery of 29. April 2008. (Haven't received it yet) How long did it take you guys to receive it?
Also, does the USPS deliver it?
Thanks.

mine was weird. it said expected shipping and i got it two weeks after it was expected to shipped.

then a couple days after i received them, i got a letter saying it shipped and i should expect it in 10 days

USPS delivered it for me and it took about a month for me to get them from when i ordered, but i think one of the movies i ordered was backordered

[quote name='ELUNO']Hey guys, I have a question:
I made my order on April 2008, with an expected delivery of 29. April 2008. (Haven't received it yet) How long did it take you guys to receive it?
Also, does the USPS deliver it?
Thanks.[/quote]
USPS does deliver the package. For all my packages, some have come between 5-10 days from shipment date and I have gotten a package today that took 42 days to get to my house.

bread's done
Back