Amazon Digital Video Games: Intro & Deus EX HR $34.99/$41.99

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAG Community,

This is my first post on the CAG forums, I’m really excited to be joining this community, and look forward to participating in some of the awesome conversations that go on here regularly. The first thing I want to let you all know is that there is a human on the other end of the line here, and that he’s a gamer.

To give you some background, I’ve been gaming since I was 7 years old, my older brother convinced me to ask for an NES and Maniac Mansion for my birthday…and I was hooked. Since then I’ve made the transition between console and PC gamer time and time again, with my favorite gaming experiences firmly rooted in each.

My favorite games include the Final Fantasy series, anything by Bioware, and Dark Age of Camelot. I’m currently re-playing Dragon Age for the 5th time and determined to have my entire party love me by the end of this run.

You can expect me to participate in conversations about gameplay, what’s going on in the industry, and of course, great deals Amazon has to offer on PC Digital Games.

To that end, I want to let everyone know that for the next 10 days Amazon Digital Video Games will be offering Deus Ex: Human Revolution for 30% off. This means you can get the standard edition for $34.99 and the augmented edition for $41.99.

Click here to see this deal.

Thanks for taking the time to read this (and hopefully respond).

-Amazon Digital Gamer

Good to have you on CAG, Tony!

I know it's not your department but can you let the physical PC folks know that their refusal to price match is losing them (at least my) business? I've cancelled my two Battlefield 3 pre-orders and my Skyrim pre-order with Amazon because I've been able to get them each for $48 at Newegg. I contacted customer support, but they don't give a crap.

One gripe I have about Amazon digital (and I doubt this can ever change) is that they charge tax. Others do as well, whereas Steam does not. I went to add DE:HR to my cart and suddenly my $34 purchase was $37. It definitely makes it less attractive.

I do appreciate all of the price matching, however, and it's nice to have more options, so thanks for posting.

[quote name='GreenSpark'], I'm upset with Amazon's representation on this board being PC/digital only. I'm sure a great number of Amazon's gaming sales come from the console side of gaming as well as physical copies of those games and to have someone not able to represent that side of their business here is rather deflating. [/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jodou'] To be blunt, we don't really have much use for an Amazon rep who only deals in digital because Steam has mostly claimed that market-share here. I'm sure you'll give them a run for their money on new releases, but it's an uphill battle TBH. [/QUOTE]

It seems really weird to me to bitch about something good and new- Greenspark, just chill out and pretend Tony never said hello to us- maybe you will be happier.

It doesn't make sense to you that Amazon has two different people heading up physical and digital deals? So the guy in charge of letting us know about digital deals says hello and you tell him he isn't good enough? A very strange response.

I for one only buy digital games- because I live abroad- and I'm actually really stoked that someone is here from amazon talking only digital- so welcome man, and everybody who wants uber Amazon liaison man just keep your opinions in check please.

P.S.- A great deal! I bought this and am loving the game :)

Good deal on the HR edition through Amazon. However, you can still get the HR AE version cheaper through GreenManGaming.

It comes out to $40.00 after using promo code HAPPY-PAYDA-YSITE.

Since the Deus Ex game has to be activated through Steam, it doesn't really matter where you purchase it from, it will be forever linked with Steam.

Careful buying this at the moment. There are disappearing HUD issues that completely break the game along with shadows displaying 2 feet to the left. The latter problem may just be me but I have found other reports about the HUD. Only way to fix it is to load an old save that has it up. Now I have a game that I can't even play until a new patch comes out...

[quote name='DizoAZ']Good deal on the HR edition through Amazon. However, you can still get the HR AE version cheaper through GreenManGaming.

It comes out to $40.00 after using promo code HAPPY-PAYDA-YSITE.

Since the Deus Ex game has to be activated through Steam, it doesn't really matter where you purchase it from, it will be forever linked with Steam.[/QUOTE]

and you get a 5.00USD credited to your account if you sign up an account with a referral link :D

[quote name='wilflare']and you get a 5.00USD credited to your account if you sign up an account with a referral link :D[/QUOTE]

Exactly LOL. It's seriously a good deal, already got $10 credit by referring two of my friends to buy Dead Island. They also have $5.00 each for a future purchase.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hi CAG Community,

[snip]

Thanks for taking the time to read this (and hopefully respond).

-Amazon Digital Gamer[/QUOTE]

Q1) Any chance of expanding to console digital games and DLC? You used to have some games such as Ikaruga on XBL...

Q2) Would you be able pass along price-matches for us? Many of us use the link on the amazon product page but it would help to have some more insider influence ;)

Hey Tony welcome to CAG! :applause:

I just want to say thanks for DOW2: Retribution for $7.50, during the Steam sale. I wanted the game and Steam raised the price but you guys kept it at 7.50! :bouncy:

As several others have said when it comes to digital games on PC, Steam has a colossal market share. I'm excited to see the offers you have in mind for us. Honestly, though I will end up mostly purchasing the games that use Steamworks (it's an addiction). :drool:

I'm a huge Bioware fan myself. Still own the big box version of Baldur's Gate with Tales of the Sword Coast. Recently, I found Baldur's Gate II Shadows of Amn at a Play and Trade for 2.02 to replace my old copy I lost!!!!! Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic is one my favorite games of all time (in fact I boycotted Old Republic for the longest time since I wanted KOTOR 3). They rank just above Valve in my opinion.

The thing that I love about Amazon digital is that I can use the Amazon credit I have on my account instead of paying out of my own pocket.

Nice to have you on board! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='beniah']It seems really weird to me to bitch about something good and new- Greenspark, just chill out and pretend Tony never said hello to us- maybe you will be happier.

It doesn't make sense to you that Amazon has two different people heading up physical and digital deals? So the guy in charge of letting us know about digital deals says hello and you tell him he isn't good enough? A very strange response.

I for one only buy digital games- because I live abroad- and I'm actually really stoked that someone is here from amazon talking only digital- so welcome man, and everybody who wants uber Amazon liaison man just keep your opinions in check please.[/QUOTE]

Sorry you took issues with my earlier retorts, but I feel everyone on this board has the right to voice their opinions, including me. And contrary to what you may believe, Tony's presence here has no true bearing on my own personal level of happiness, so I am already chilled, but thanks.

As soon as I clicked on this thread and saw the originator's name in green, I was elated to think we finally had someone from Amazon on this board to represent gaming in all the capacity that Josh does in the K-mart thread. Jodou's reply was dead on the money in every word, as I immediately sub-consciously applied Amazon's excellent customer service to Tony's representation here, albeit unintentionally. As another consequence, I instantly thought of Josh's level of authority on all things gaming, related to K-mart and imagined no way Amazon (whose probably bigger than K-mart when it comes to game sales, no offense Josh) would not have someone here in that very same capacity. If you've read the entire thread up to this point, you would have noticed Tony replied to my response and said he'd pass along feedback when possible, so we've already cleared that up.

As for you loving digital games, good for you I say. I for one only buy physical games and not for PC's, so we both have a different view on how to consume/purchase our games...nothing wrong with that. I don't think anyone here expected Tony to be some "uber Amazon liaison" (who cares about home gardening or jewelry), but at least able to represent gaming for Amazon on this board in a capacity similar to Josh, that's all.

Perhaps you should take some of your own advice and hold your tongue, or at least assess the situation fully before going on the attack next time. Check yourself. And once again, welcome Tony.;)

Son wanted it for his birthday, so this worked out great. First time I've bought a digital download game ... Thanks for the deal!

Hey everyone,

There has been a ton of activity on this thread today! I wanted to make sure you all know I've read every post and made note. You can expect me to address as many of the comments and questions as possible in the near future (hopefully tomorrow). More than anything I'm really excited to see how much interest there is in hearing from Amazon.

I also wanted to let everyone know that PAX was awesome today and gauge interest around hearing about it. Like I said, I'm a huge gamer and absolutely love going to and talking about events like PAX, but want to make sure that is the kind of stuff you want to hear from me. So, for now, under the assumption that you do...

I spend most of my time at PAX trying to absorb Indie content, because I figure it is pretty much a given that I'll be playing the AAA stuff when it comes out. One of the best titles I got my hands on today was Joe Danger the movie. This quirky little racing game felt like a mashup of Road Rage and MarioKart.

I also stopped by the Behemoth booth and got to play some Battleblock Theater. This game looks wildly addicting and I expect that my buddies and I will spend as many hours playing it and yelling at each other as we did on Castle Crashers.

Tomorrow I plan on getting my hands on Torchlight II and Firefall, unless you all tell me otherwise, I'll let you know what I think!

Cheers,
Tony

Are the game code and the pre-order bonus codes separate? I thinking I may keep the bonus code for myself and gift the game.

The codes are one in the same. Your unlock code automatically unlocks the bonus. And thanks Tony, got this about an hour ago and am loving it!

[quote name='enemyofusall']The codes are one in the same. Your unlock code automatically unlocks the bonus.[/QUOTE]

Oh, that sucks.

"Deus Ex" Bonus Offer
For a limited time, order the digital download version of the Standard or Augmented edition of "Deus Ex" and receive a code to unlock a Tactical Enhancement Pack. This includes a Huntsman Silverback double-barrel shotgun and Longsword Whisperhead Suppressed extreme range sniper rifle. Your product key will unlock both the game and the Tactical Enhancement Pack. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

That makes it sound like it's separate.

For a limited time, order the digital download version of the Standard or Augmented edition of "Deus Ex" and receive a code to unlock a Tactical Enhancement Pack. This includes a Huntsman Silverback double-barrel shotgun and Longsword Whisperhead Suppressed extreme range sniper rifle. Your product key will unlock both the game and the Tactical Enhancement Pack. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

[quote name='enemyofusall']For a limited time, order the digital download version of the Standard or Augmented edition of "Deus Ex" and receive a code to unlock a Tactical Enhancement Pack. This includes a Huntsman Silverback double-barrel shotgun and Longsword Whisperhead Suppressed extreme range sniper rifle. Your product key will unlock both the game and the Tactical Enhancement Pack. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:#

Hey, I found my place! Thank you for showing it to me.

[quote name='GreenSpark'] I'm upset with Amazon's representation on this board being PC/digital only.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GreenSpark'] contrary to what you may believe, Tony's presence here has no true bearing on my own personal level of happiness, so I am already chilled, but thanks. [/QUOTE]

Hey man-

I don't get it when people argue "I can share my opinion about this- that is what we do on a forum". Yeah, and I think your opinion is stupid (that is my opinion) and I am investing energy to tell you so. I am on the attack, as you say.

My opinion, contrary to yours, is that you shouldn't bitch when somebody shows up to share an awesome deal with us. that is it. Now, you don't agree because homeboy is only sharing digital deals. All I wanted to share is that your FIRST response didn't need to be some pissy "why aren't you doing digital AND physical media- I'm so upset!"

You are the one who said you were upset by this- and now you are saying you are ultimately quite fine. Come on man- are you upset or are you happy? Maybe you are confused deep down- I understand.

[quote name='GreenSpark'] Perhaps you should take some of your own advice and hold your tongue, or at least assess the situation fully before going on the attack next time. Check yourself. [/QUOTE]

GreenSpark- do you truly believe I didn't assess the situation fully before I went on the attack this time? It shows how much you assessed the situation if I can be so bold! I took a lot of time to assess this situation- I read all the posts, and I even downloaded the game that this deal advertised so I would fully understand what was at stake- can you say the same, Mr. GreenSpark, seeing as how you only deal in physical media?

I await your response.

Can't say I'm surprised by some of the responses to this thread (bitching about this not involving consoles somehow). PC gamers get something good in today's gaming landscape and the response is always the same "WHEN DO THE CONSOLES GET IT" or "WHEN"S IT COMIN TO CONSOLES I DON"T GAME ON A PC!". Makes me want to fucking puke honestly.

Anyways nice to have you here Tony. Hopefully you won't get wrapped up in any cags' bullshit while you are here. Trust me, there's enough to go around for everybody so watch out.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey everyone,
Tomorrow I plan on getting my hands on Torchlight II and Firefall, unless you all tell me otherwise, I'll let you know what I think!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Can't wait to hear some of your thoughts on Torchlight 2. :)
I really liked Torchlight 1.

Hey amazon dude ! Welcome to the mostly friendly confines of cag (there are some duche bags that POP up from time to time). even though I don't game on pc its nice that you are putting these deals on here for the people that do. If you are going to post console deals please let us know :)

Just wanted to say thanks for the great deal, I'd rather just get digital sales anyway and this worked out perfectly. Enjoying the game so far! Looking forward to more deals from Amazon.

Question: is the Augmented Edition extra content worth the extra $7?

And Amazon rep, be warned: there are a lot of idiots here. But if you're familiar with the internet at all, that's probably not a surprise... :lol:

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Question: is the Augmented Edition extra content worth the extra $7?

And Amazon rep, be warned: there are a lot of idiots here. But if you're familiar with the internet at all, that's probably not a surprise... :lol:[/QUOTE]

if you fancy the digital artbook and soundtrack and the various trailers, i think it is :D
it's an awesome game, the devs deserve the $7 from ya :D

check ur PM :p

The thread has gotten a little long, so my apologies if this has been asked already. Are these Deus Human type sales going to be a daily thing on Amazon now... for core games? or at least frequently?

Welcome to the CAG community AVG, unlike Origin I very much look forward to doing business with Amazon who has treated gamers well for a long time and am hopeful to see how well you compare to my personal king of PC game deals, Steam. Can I suggest some $5-$10 back catalog deals as your next deal? Thank you.

Welcome to community AVG !
I like many here are amazon veteran shoppers, card (if hey issued one) caring "Prime" member lol

well you got me with the deus ex deal

bought it tonight as I kept hearing great things and I am not disappointed so far.

Keep the deals coming Tony, I have a sinking feeling you are going to keep my bank account on lockdown if this continues lol.

bread's done
Back