Amazon Digital Video Games: Intro & Deus EX HR $34.99/$41.99

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAG Community,

This is my first post on the CAG forums, I’m really excited to be joining this community, and look forward to participating in some of the awesome conversations that go on here regularly. The first thing I want to let you all know is that there is a human on the other end of the line here, and that he’s a gamer.

To give you some background, I’ve been gaming since I was 7 years old, my older brother convinced me to ask for an NES and Maniac Mansion for my birthday…and I was hooked. Since then I’ve made the transition between console and PC gamer time and time again, with my favorite gaming experiences firmly rooted in each.

My favorite games include the Final Fantasy series, anything by Bioware, and Dark Age of Camelot. I’m currently re-playing Dragon Age for the 5th time and determined to have my entire party love me by the end of this run.

You can expect me to participate in conversations about gameplay, what’s going on in the industry, and of course, great deals Amazon has to offer on PC Digital Games.

To that end, I want to let everyone know that for the next 10 days Amazon Digital Video Games will be offering Deus Ex: Human Revolution for 30% off. This means you can get the standard edition for $34.99 and the augmented edition for $41.99.

Click here to see this deal.

Thanks for taking the time to read this (and hopefully respond).

-Amazon Digital Gamer

well hello and welcome.

just out of curiosity if you guys are planning on competing with steam or other ddl services do you plan to do any ridiculously huge holiday sales such as the ones steam does in summer and before christmas?

Had to log in just to welcome you. Thank you for joining CAG; I have TREMENDOUS and likely terribly unreasonable expectations of you.

You guys are unbelievably good at keeping the percentage of games I've completed to own at less than 15%. Honestly, I'm not sure whether I want to thank you or curse you.

Welcome to CAG, Tony!
I got to meet Tony (and the rest of the Amazon Games crew) in Seattle earlier this month and it's great to have you on "board".

I edited your thread title to include the Deus Ex deal.

@Amazon Rep TONY

Welcome to the boards.
Amazon been pumping out some great deals and does a great job w/ price-matching - so, keep up the good work! :)

And Deus Ex: HR [PC] is a really good game, from what I've played so far - some 15 hours in. Looks like possible GOTY Material.
Seriously - if you loved original Deus Ex, then Deus Ex: HR is the Deus Ex game you've been waiting for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the site. I'm going to echo what a lot of other people have said and that is that I hope you or someone else will be handling the console deals on here. Don't let K-Mart have all of the fun on here.

[quote name='lordvila']welcome to the site. I'm going to echo what a lot of other people have said and that is that i hope you or someone else will be handling the console deals on here. Don't let k-mart have all of the fun on here.[/quote]

+1
And let's start with some promo credit for Ps3 Dead Island and Resistance 3 please :D

Welcome, Tony! Thanks for being here. I've spent more money on Amazon than I have on my wife in the last three years (ouch!).

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hi CAG Community,

This is my first post on the CAG forums, I’m really excited to be joining this community, and look forward to participating in some of the awesome conversations that go on here regularly. The first thing I want to let you all know is that there is a human on the other end of the line here, and that he’s a gamer.

To give you some background, I’ve been gaming since I was 7 years old, my older brother convinced me to ask for an NES and Maniac Mansion for my birthday…and I was hooked. Since then I’ve made the transition between console and PC gamer time and time again, with my favorite gaming experiences firmly rooted in each.

My favorite games include the Final Fantasy series, anything by Bioware, and Dark Age of Camelot. I’m currently re-playing Dragon Age for the 5th time and determined to have my entire party love me by the end of this run.

You can expect me to participate in conversations about gameplay, what’s going on in the industry, and of course, great deals Amazon has to offer on PC Digital Games.

To that end, I want to let everyone know that for the next 10 days Amazon Digital Video Games will be offering Deus Ex: Human Revolution for 30% off. This means you can get the standard edition for $34.99 and the augmented edition for $41.99.

Click here to see this deal.

Thanks for taking the time to read this (and hopefully respond).

-Amazon Digital Gamer[/QUOTE]
Awesome! Great to see another retailer on here. This is the best video game community I've ever been a part of and I know you'll find it an amazing place to get honest and valuable feedback.

Welcome Tony!

Welcome to CAG, Tony!

I mainly just buy console games but having an Amazon rep around will be great!

What server did you play DAoC on, Tony? Galahad here! Great game, miss it a lot.

Hi everyone,
There have been a ton of questions asked today, I’ll try and get to all of them, but please let me know if I miss any. Sorry for the delay, I was hanging out at PAX, where I ran into Shipwreck by the way!

Is anyone else at/going to be at PAX? If you were there today, what did you love? I got a chance to play some awesome Indie games, including an awesome concept from a company called “Gamebook Adventures”, these guys are essentially making my dream of interactive Choose Your Own Adventure books a reality. The new Behemoth game also looks pretty phenomenal.
So to your questions:

1. It seems like a ton of people are wondering if I’m here to represent only Digital Deals. The short answer to that question is “Yes”. I work specifically for the Digital Video Games team, that doesn’t mean I won’t participate in discussions about console games I’m playing though.

2. @Sway Am I in charge of @amazongames? If the tweet is related to Digital Video Games then I’m involved in it. The two tweets related to an upcoming deal and the follow-up detailing the Deus Ex deal came from myself and one of my co-workers. Same thing goes for the Amazon Video Games Facebook page.

3. @Vherub asked a question about an ECA membership issue. That promotion predates my Amazon career. I briefly remember my roommate at the time mentioning something about it but I’m not sure what was involved and thus can’t really speak intelligently about it.

4. @zappa103 I’m not sure where the OnSale guys sit L and your question about Earthbound made me smile. Birthdays were always filled with videogames in my childhood, usually in the form of titles my brother wanted but were released close to my birthday. One year I spent the majority of my summer playing that game for hours. I love that game.

5. @HeSaveDave why come to CAG now? I only recently joined the Amazon team and had the opportunity to meet CheapyD during my first week. I’ve read these forums in the past in my personal life and think you all have an awesome community. Based on the positive feedback I’ve received so far, I’m really happy with my decision to post here.

6. @Lemarfanz I promise I’ll be working really hard to raise awareness around our deals so that as many people as possible are aware of them as quickly as possible.

7. @xspeedracerx thanks for the vote of confidence, we are extremely dedicated to creating an awesome experience for our customers, glad you think we’re doing a good job.

8. @shockandaww Maniac Mansion was amazing, I played it so much that my father eventually got frustrated with my lack of desire to do anything else and, I kid you not, unplugged the system and threw it in the trashcan about 3 months after we got it. Luckily my brother was able to convince him to retrieve it. I think I addressed your question about the physical team above, if I didn’t please let me know.

9. @retrad great question, without getting into specifics, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed in the deals from Amazon Digital Video Games, during the holiday season or outside of it, if you are please let me know. I value your feedback and will definitely listen to everything you have to say.

10. @CheapyD thanks man!

Again, thanks everyone for the warm welcome. This has been an awesome start and I hope you all continue to enjoy the conversations I get to take part in and the deals I bring to the site.

Cheers,
Tony

I have a question for you Tony

WHY THE **** DID AMAZON SELL ME A BROKEN PS3 TOURNAMENT FIGHT STICK????

*phew* Now that I got that off my chest, welcome :D

this must be one of the best things that happens to CAG. great to have you on board here Tony :D perhaps we can look forward to having more deals, better deals :D
-i love amazon :X-

PS: can we please have a digital deal on Total War: Shogun 2 so I don't have to buy off eBay? -puppy eye look-

[quote name='DigitalE']Is Augmented Edition worth the extra money?[/QUOTE]

yes it is! :D the artbook and soundtrack are sweeeeet :D

[quote name='xspeedracerx']This is why I will never(unless the policy changes) hesitate to purchase a digital game from Amazon. Not even Steam will do this for you.[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to say that while Steam may not do this, GamersGate does. Amazon is now the second digital retailer that I know that does this. They just went up a notch in my estimation.

I'll also just mention that I purchased ARMA 2 off of Amazon digital earlier this year and have had no issues with it whatsoever. It works with retail patches as well as DLC. It was also ridiculously cheap.

I look forward to what may come of this.

[quote name='DigitalE']Is Augmented Edition worth the extra money?[/QUOTE]

I bought a retail copy and thought so. Oddly enough, this physical AE version activates as a standard edition on Steam. I was hoping for digital copies in addition to the physical stuff.

If anyone doesn't want their Tactical Enhancement Pack, I'll buy it for $5.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']1. It seems like a ton of people are wondering if I’m here to represent only Digital Deals. The short answer to that question is “Yes”. I work specifically for the Digital Video Games team, that doesn’t mean I won’t participate in discussions about console games I’m playing though.[/QUOTE]

Any chance you could pass CAG's overwhelming desire for a console deals rep on to the powers that be? Thanks for answering all our questions and welcome again!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hi CAG Community,

My favorite games include the Final Fantasy series, anything by Bioware, and Dark Age of Camelot. I’m currently re-playing Dragon Age for the 5th time and determined to have my entire party love me by the end of this run.[/QUOTE]

hmm are you still a fan of Bioware? Because i used to regard them as one of my favorite companies but they have seriously gone down the tubes for me. It was just interesting to see someone still list them as one of their favorite companies. I would say after mass effect 1 (probably my fave game from them, even more so than old republic) they started going down the crapper. Dragon age pissed me off with the complete lack of patches to fix the dexterity and other bugs for the console version, and theyve been making their games more action game than rpg lately =(

Just wondering if you still regard them well, or what. I wish i could still say i love them, but now adays I dont really give a damn when i hear theyre working on a game

and wow at DAOC didn't know that game was even still around

anyway, welcome. I love amazon and browse them for deals fairly regularly. Ive spent thousands there this past year on crap =P This particular deal doesn't interest me since i gave up on PC gaming a long time ago, but good to see you here regardless.

*edit*

damn too bad about the digital deals only. I guess it wont be worth anything to me =(

[quote name='SHC-Gamer']Awesome! Great to see another retailer on here. This is the best video game community I've ever been a part of and I know you'll find it an amazing place to get honest and valuable feedback.

Welcome Tony![/QUOTE]

Stop that!! We want BLOOD!!

10gjzab.jpg

It's great to hear that I don't need to download a client and I can download multiple times.. will definitely be buying something from Amazon Digital soon.

Can we use credits towards Digital games? Like if we order a new game and it comes with a $10 promo credit, can we apply that towards a digital game?

As a legally blind gamer who uses Amazon Prime to get my games (there are literally no shops for at least 60 miles that sell games), it's good to see an official Amazon rep who'll be frequenting the CAG boards.

[quote name='Sparky_Buzzsaw']As a legally blind gamer who uses Amazon Prime to get my games (there are literally no shops for at least 60 miles that sell games), it's good to see an official Amazon rep who'll be frequenting the CAG boards.[/QUOTE]
Wait, what?

Just bought this! Thanks Tony/Amazon.

I have been watching out for this game for a year or so, and this price is exactly what I was hoping for- it is so great to get a new release for a bargain- thanks for letting me know brother!

Surprisingly, it is running like butter on my M11x too! :cool:
beniah

Nice to see another rep on the forum. A little bit of a friendly face goes a long way, glad to see amazon is seeing that now.

You will continue to see much of my money in the future :)

[quote name='Jodou']Wait, what?[/QUOTE]

legally blind can mean that you can still see, just that it might be so poorly that by legal definition you are considered to be pretty much blind.

id being able to see even a little bit, even poorly wouldn't stop someone from playing games since fully blind people have played games before.

[quote name='retrad']legally blind can mean that you can still see, just that it might be so poorly that by legal definition you are considered to be pretty much blind.

id being able to see even a little bit, even poorly wouldn't stop someone from playing games since fully blind people have played games before.[/QUOTE]

While you are entirely correct in your explanation, you must have missed the edit he made in the quote emphasizing the word "see" in "see an Amazon rep" and making an obvious joke over specific word use. He wasn't questioning why a legally blind person would be playing games.

I had a friend that was legally blind, and i was darn close according to the eye doc. But I had 20/15 with glasses. Lasik brought my eyes to 20/30 20/25.......

Anyway welcome to the boards ADVGR

Aye carumba, digital crap ONLY? I can't believe we finally get Amazon to look this way and they send someone who can't even fully represent their gaming side of the business? Not a single PC game or digital offering in the Top Ten Bestselling Video Games list on Amazon at the moment, yet we get a PC/digital rep?

Sorry to come off as upset, but myself and plenty others have been waiting a long time for some proper Amazon representation around here and to receive someone not qualified to do that, seems like a slap in the face. Of course that won't stop me from continually giving Amazon a majority of my monthly income, but it would have been nice to have Amazon's gaming side wholly represented. Just saying...:roll:

[quote name='GreenSpark']Aye carumba, digital crap ONLY? I can't believe we finally get Amazon to look this way and they send someone who can't even fully represent their gaming side of the business? Not a single PC game or digital offering in the Top Ten Bestselling Video Games list on Amazon at the moment, yet we get a PC/digital rep?

Sorry to come off as upset, but myself and plenty others have been waiting a long time for some proper Amazon representation around here and to receive someone not qualified to do that, seems like a slap in the face. Of course that won't stop me from continually giving Amazon a majority of my monthly income, but it would have been nice to have Amazon's gaming side wholly represented. Just saying...:roll:[/QUOTE]

Seriously, the download deal on Amazon for Deus Ex: HR - which requires Steam - is quite good.
Sure, not good as GMG a bit ago for Reg Edition at $28.80, but still...better than most.

Seriously, Amazon has matched A LOT of the other places w/ PC digital download deals.

Dragon Age 2 -> can be registered on Origin = $12 -> matched D2D
Homefront -> requires Steam = $15 -> matched Gamersgate
Civ 5 -> requires Steam = $17 -> matches Gamersgate
Borderlands: GOTY -> can be registered on Steam = $7.49 -> matches Steam
The Witcher 2 = $30 -> matched D2D
Dawn of War 2: Retribution - requires Steam = $15 -> matches D2D

Last edited by a moderator:
with the credit that GMG gives.. GMG still has the beter deal for Deus Ex: HR for now.
40 USD (after referral and trade in of Deus Ex GOTY) - the game is effectively 33USD (consider the 7 is spent on a future purchase) for the Augmented Edition

Good morning!

@mitnosi I played Albion on Galahad (Ballack the Bard) but my main was on Guinevere (Ballak the Skald)…I put together one of the first groups to kill a dragon on Guin, and I was part of the first Legion run in Darkness Falls.

@kensindono I am absolutely still a fan of Bioware, like I said in my original post, I’m currently playing through DAO for the 5th time and I still have great memories playing hours and hours of Baldur’s Gate. Everyone has different tastes though right? What were your thoughts on The Witcher?

@MysterD thanks for your post and callouts. Like I said, our goal is to provide you with a great experience at a great price.

As for the other posts regarding my focus on digital only, I don’t want to keep harping on the subject (because we’re going to have a lot of awesome digital deals for those PC folks here!) I want to let you know that I will definitely pass all your feedback over to the physical side of the fence. @greenspark you didn’t come off as too upset, just passionate about your gaming and this community…which is what makes getting to work in this industry so very awesome, so thanks for the feedback.

I’m off to PAX in a couple of hours, I’ll check back in this evening and let you all know what I thought about what I got to play.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='MysterD']Seriously, the download deal on Amazon for Deus Ex: HR - which requires Steam - is quite good.
Sure, not good as GMG a bit ago for Reg Edition at $28.80, but still...better than most.

Seriously, Amazon has matched A LOT of the other places w/ PC digital download deals.[/QUOTE]

Umm you may have missed my point completely, but I don't care if Amazon matched and beat every PC digital download available in the world, I'm upset with Amazon's representation on this board being PC/digital only. I'm sure a great number of Amazon's gaming sales come from the console side of gaming as well as physical copies of those games and to have someone not able to represent that side of their business here is rather deflating. Just my opinion.

Edit: Thanks for the response Tony. Like I said, didn't want to sound upset, I'm just passionate about console gaming and there are always lots of inquiries here as to Dotd's, Video Game Goldbox days, price drops, etc, but if you can handle some of those requests, that's a good start. Thanks again for the response.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Good morning!

@mitnosi I played Albion on Galahad (Ballack the Bard) but my main was on Guinevere (Ballak the Skald)…I put together one of the first groups to kill a dragon on Guin, and I was part of the first Legion run in Darkness Falls.

@kensindono I am absolutely still a fan of Bioware, like I said in my original post, I’m currently playing through DAO for the 5th time and I still have great memories playing hours and hours of Baldur’s Gate. Everyone has different tastes though right? What were your thoughts on The Witcher?

@MysterD thanks for your post and callouts. Like I said, our goal is to provide you with a great experience at a great price.

As for the other posts regarding my focus on digital only, I don’t want to keep harping on the subject (because we’re going to have a lot of awesome digital deals for those PC folks here!) I want to let you know that I will definitely pass all your feedback over to the physical side of the fence. @greenspark you didn’t come off as too upset, just passionate about your gaming and this community…which is what makes getting to work in this industry so very awesome, so thanks for the feedback.

I’m off to PAX in a couple of hours, I’ll check back in this evening and let you all know what I thought about what I got to play.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I remember when Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga PC digital download was $20 during Steam summer sale on Steam, you guys went ahead and beat it at $16. :p

And you matched DOW2: Retribution for $7.50, during the Steam sale - before Steam pulled the price back up to $15; and you guys LEFT it there at $7.50! :)

Oh, and you guys matched AC: Brotherhood Reg Edition PC download for $16 - which matched D2D and...I forget whoelse had it at that price... [shrug]
And the Deluxe Edition was $25 to download.

Amazon does a pretty good job w/ price-matching others or beating them - especially on PC digital deals.
Also, I think console gamers have ALWAYS had great deals on physical goods. [shrug] I might not be a console gamer, but I've seen some good deals over the years there.

I think the reason Amazon is here w/ dedicating themselves on the PC digital deals is b/c the PC has become a big deal, again - and a lot of the sales are being done digital avenues such as Steam [especially Steam], Impulse, GreenMan, Direct2Drive, and of course Amazon.

Quite frankly, being a gamer in general, whether you do PC digital, PC retail, or consoles, or all of the above - you want to pay attention to Amazon. They always try to stay competitive.

About The Witcher 1 and 2 - both are great games. ESPECIALLY The Witcher 2. The Witcher 2 is one of the best RPG's of 2011, if you ask me.

[quote name='MysterD']About The Witcher 1 and 2 - both are great games. ESPECIALLY The Witcher 2. The Witcher 2 is one of the best RPG's of 2011, if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

I would say that is even an understatement.

[quote name='fastitocalon']Too bad bards were dirty hibs and minstrels were albion.[/QUOTE]

Bah, my bad, and good catch! It has been a few years since I played and like I said my main was the Skald on Guin. I only started the Alb Minst because a buddy of mine got tired of his Mid and wanted to run Alb for a bit. I only played him long enough to spend time in the first BG.

@Amazon DVG Deals

Is there any reason you guys don't offer a Fable 3 PC digital download for sale?
I see you have a Retail Box for sale, but No Digital Download.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']1. It seems like a ton of people are wondering if I’m here to represent only Digital Deals. The short answer to that question is “Yes”. I work specifically for the Digital Video Games team, that doesn’t mean I won’t participate in discussions about console games I’m playing though.[/QUOTE]
Hehe, Tony you're in for a wild ride. The fact you have Amazon in your name means you now represent them as a whole here. That's just how you will be viewed regardless. To be blunt, we don't really have much use for an Amazon rep who only deals in digital because Steam has mostly claimed that market-share here. I'm sure you'll give them a run for their money on new releases, but it's an uphill battle TBH.

I can promise you that while we will certainly appreciate your help, you will be contacted whenever a deal goes south or people are clamoring for a price match for whatever is on sale at the most obscure places. Quite frankly, you have some big shoes to fill. I don't mean to scare you off, but this is just how people do. It will happen, so hopefully you're prepared. Realize just shrugging people off because it's not your department will send a bad message. You are our Amazon contact, so why can't you find/ask/DO something?

I'm not one to judge, but you also have some fierce competition here from the likes of Josh, or our Kmart rep. He has won people over through covering all aspects of gaming, not just digital. People here will compare you to him, so be prepared for that. They won't care that it's not fair to you, but you elicited it by posting here. In fact, best to get to know him as he's now a seasoned CAG here who will undoubtedly help you out.

Ultimately, we love Amazon because they bend to our every whim and if you can't provide that same experience, expect backlash. I'm not saying you have to provide ridiculous deals, but people here are accustomed to how your Amazon CSR's have treated them. That said, the warm welcome you've seen so far is inspired by that customer service. We're hoping you can accentuate that experience.

[quote name='retrad']legally blind can mean that you can still see, just that it might be so poorly that by legal definition you are considered to be pretty much blind.

id being able to see even a little bit, even poorly wouldn't stop someone from playing games since fully blind people have played games before.[/QUOTE]
Sarcasm, lost.

bread's done
Back