Amazon DOTD 01/04/10 - Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter A/B/G/N - $75

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
:360: Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter A/B/G & N Networks (Microsoft Software)

List Price: $99.99
Your Price: $74.99
You Saved: $25.00 (25% off)

• Dual band 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz Wireless A/B/G home network compatible
  • Compact, high-performance design
  • Powered by Xbox 360 to eliminate adapter clutter
  • Windows Vista Media Center compatible
  • Streams photos and music from Microsoft Windows XP and recorded TV, movies, and videos from your Microsoft Windows XP Media Center - based PC
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wire..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1DKRCW6F8RKB4XZNDDA9

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of these bridges / access points mentioned on here aren't N band (like the Dlink). The G adapter works fine for gameplay (at least for me), but I need the N band for Netflix in HD to avoid sputtering.

I bought a Linksys WGA600N for $40 a while back at this site below and it works great.

http://www.unclevic.com/pd/243-1-0-7850-linksys-wga600n-wga600nd-wireless-n-gaming-adapter

Just configure it and then plug it into any thing (DirecTV, PS3, Xbox, Blu-Ray, etc) and it works fine. The only bitch with set up on this unit was that the IP address of the gaming adapter wasn't within the range of my D-Link router, so it took me about 15 minutes to figure it out.

That being said, the Xbox adapter doesn't require a separate power supply, is integrated to the Xbox and requires no set up aside from putting in your network password. But even at $75, there's cheaper ways to get connect via the N band.

[quote name='Warlock82']Rechargable batteries are a pain in the ass (and I wouldn't say cheaper - the reliable ones are of comparable price to the Play & Charge Kit).[/QUOTE]

You can get a 4-pack of pre-charged AA eneloops or Duracells and power two controllers (or a controller and something else) for less than the price of one Play & Charge kit, or about the same price as the battery pack alone. PITA? Maybe if you have difficulty slipping a cylindrical object into a round hole...

Sorry for the OT. We now return you to your regular thread after this brief factual correction.

bread's done
Back