Amazon DotD (10/12) Band of Brothers with The Pacific Part One [Blu-ray] - $36.99

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Today Amazon has Band of Brothers on Blu-ray, bundled with Part One of The Pacific for $36.99 Shipped. They also have the DVD version for $29.99 shipped

Blu-ray
DVD

Bonus disc includes The Pacific Part One and special feature, "From Band of Brothers to The Pacific", where Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg discuss taking on World War II’s Pacific theater after bringing the European front to life in Band of Brothers.

Damn good price. The best I got this for (without The Pacific) was $34.99. I watched some of The Pacific, and while it's nowhere near how good Band of Brothers is, for $2 more this is the overall better deal.

Excellent deal just for BoB. That series is still the pinnacle of WWII film/TV for me. Even despite Jimmy Fallon's cameo.

Just ordered. Thanks OP. I watched Band of Brothers and The Pacific off my DVR from HBO HD over the summer. I had such a fantastic time watching them all in a row because I didn't have any school or work. I swear to God I watched all 10 hours of Band of Brothers in less than 24 hours. It was insanely good.

Anyone watched BoB with the Blu Ray PIP track? If so, how was it? I'm kind of psyched to check it out.

FYI, the non-bundle version was $27 shipped from Amazon.uk for over a month not too long ago. I was hoping our Amazon would match it at some point so I could pay with credit saved up, but sadly it doesn't look like that will happen until BF, if at all. It's a nice price, but nothing to jump at.

Ok, I was a bit hesitant since the HD DVD import had slightly better picture quality, but at this price it's a no brainer. Thanks for the heads-up.

Worth every penny. I got this last Christmas via the Costco price drop/deal for $29.99 I think it was, obviously without the Pacific part 1, and it's just amazing. Definitely worth the upgrade from DVD to Blu.

Dang..I have the DVD set but thinking about getting the blu-ray.

EDIT:

Think I'll have to bite. I've heard this is demo quality BR material, and I can probably sell the DVD set for at least 30 on eBay.

[quote name='bvharris']So this is just the first episode of The Pacific, right?[/QUOTE]

I think so.

I ended up biting. $30 cheaper than Best Buy's current on-sale price :lol:

Ended up biting on BoB at Amazon UK. Ended up being about $29 after shipping. I'll be waiting on a deal for the Pacific once that's released. Hopefully Black Friday will treat me well there.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ardrid']Ended up biting on BoB at Amazon UK. Ended up being about $25 after shipping. I'll be waiting on a deal for the Pacific once that's released. Hopefully Black Friday will treat me well there.[/QUOTE]
Yep, this is where I ordered mine from too a few months ago since it's not region locked.

[quote name='Ardrid']Ended up biting on BoB at Amazon UK. Ended up being about $29 after shipping. I'll be waiting on a deal for the Pacific once that's released. Hopefully Black Friday will treat me well there.[/QUOTE]

I have a question. If we order from Amazon UK, we can't use our current US account information can we? Also, can we use Prime for free 2 day shipping, or do you have to pay shipping regardless due to the shipment being sent to the US? Thanks.

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']I have a question. If we order from Amazon UK, we can't use our current US account information can we? Also, can we use Prime for free 2 day shipping, or do you have to pay shipping regardless due to the shipment being sent to the US? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I don't think I had to create a new account remember. I know I used my same email and everything. You still have to pay shipping but the VAT gets taken out and not to mention a charge from your credit card company that you will get unless you have one of those cards that doesn't make you pay that fee.

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']I have a question. If we order from Amazon UK, we can't use our current US account information can we? Also, can we use Prime for free 2 day shipping, or do you have to pay shipping regardless due to the shipment being sent to the US? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
You can use your US account user/pass to sign into amazon.co.uk and your account info should be there. US Prime does not work for any sites except the US Amazon. Depending on how they ship the set, you should get it in 5-10 business days unless they mail it Duetsche Post which seems to take 3-4 weeks.

I was able to use my existing US account information without an issue. You don't get to use Prime unfortunately, but the price is adjusted to account for the lack of VAT here. Shipping should be about a week.

bread's done
Back