Amazon DotD: Babylon 5: The Complete Seasons 1-5 (2009) - $99.99

I wish I had a hundred bucks, I'd jump on that. I only ever bought season 1, and it's the phat.

I actually went back and started watching them again the other day, though... man, that show does not hold up as well you would think. I remember it being so fantastic, but after the years have passed and I've experienced shows like Battlestar Galactica and Lost... eesh. I still love it, though.

I can't believe this is still $20 a season, for DVD no less. BB had this on sale years ago for that price. :\

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Have there ever been any rumblings of a bluray release?[/QUOTE]

The blu-ray release may never happen. I read somewhere it was shot in what was considered HD back in the early 90's but the CG was SD. Most of the original models were lost, so if any release were to occur, all the cg would have to be redone. I wouldn't say it's not possible, it would be just very expensive to redo all the CG. JMS can't afford to do on his own, and WB won't do it unless there is something really in it for them.

Is this show anything like Farscape? Pretty much the only sci-fi shows I've watched are Star Trek, Firefly, X-Files, and Farscape. From screenshots, Babylon 5 looks more like Farscape.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='boyward']Is this show anything like Farscape? Pretty much the only sci-fi shows I've watched are Star Trek, Firefly, X-Files, and Farscape. From screenshots, Babylon 5 looks more like Farscape.[/QUOTE]

hulu some episodes

http://www.hulu.com/watch/21089/babylon-5-points-of-departure

and see if you like them. Season 1 was "OK"...season 2 was like whoa something is coming... season 3 was like it's gonna happen.... and so on ...

bread's done
Back