Amazon DoTD: TMNT Smash Up - All Wii Goldbox Event 10/27/09

[quote name='kodave']I'm trying to get in for 1 but the Gold Box Lightening Deal on this HOTD 2 and 3 Return isn't giving me the right amount off. It's only giving me $2 off. I'm afraid to order then have Amazon price adjust in case they won't. I feel like this ECA coupon and two $10 video game credits is screwing this up.

Eh, screw it, with 98% sold I'm not going to bother pissing around with an incorrect Lightening Deal discount.

This is what it was showing me, for the record:

Items: $25.49
Shipping & Handling: $4.49
Super Saver Discount: -$4.49
Promotion Applied: -$2.55 [ECA 10% off]
Promotion Applied: -$10.00 [From The Beatles Rock Band]
Promotion Applied: -$10.00 [From RAW vs Smackdown 2010]
Lightning Deal: -$2.94 [Should be $10.51]
Total Before Tax: $0.00
Estimated Tax: $0.00
Order Total: $0.00

This should have only cost $12.43 after ECA, Lightening Deal, giving me $7.57 left in promotional credit. It seems like Amazon is trying to do something screwy by taking the video games credit off as a discount off the base price rather than as a payment type, then readjusting the magical unknown percentage they use on the lightening deal based not off the base price, but the lowered price after the video games credit. Lame.[/QUOTE]

You understand Amazon is just doing what they always do, which is take the lightning deal off last. In 99% of the cases, it actually benefits the consumer.

See, if they took Lightning off first, then your 10% would be off the net of base price minus lightning deal discount. But as a lot of people saw, you could get 10% off base price (eg Wet was $54 and it took -5.40 off even though the lightning deal was for $20. So people with ECA got Wet for $14 or so IIRC) and make out better than 10% off lightning deal price.

The system applies discounts in order that it always does. Nothing screwy going on. It just didn't work for you this time.

[quote name='Hibiwa']In for HOTD. I've been meaning to get something to use with the perfect shot gun I bought way back when it was on sale.[/QUOTE]

I recently played through Umbrella Chronicles. It's surprisingly fleshed out for its genre, probably moreso than either of the HotD titles. Took me over 10 hours to get through all the levels, and that was just on Easy difficulty.

[quote name='Vegan']I recently played through Umbrella Chronicles. It's surprisingly fleshed out for its genre, probably moreso than either of the HotD titles. Took me over 10 hours to get through all the levels, and that was just on Easy difficulty.[/QUOTE]

Silly as it sounds, Chronicles seemed too involving. I had been looking for a more simplified rail shooter. The pacing in game play vids veered me away too. I'll consider it again if it drops to under $15.

This may sound like a silly question, but if I put a Gold Box item in my Cart, and I don't check out with it before it is 100% gone or it switches to another item, it doesn't "save" the item and price in my Cart, does it?

[quote name='Hibiwa']Silly as it sounds, Chronicles seemed too involving. I had been looking for a more simplified rail shooter. The pacing in game play vids veered me away too. I'll consider it again if it drops to under $15.[/QUOTE]

UC was awesome.

If you want a rail shooter with no depth, try Ghost Squad.

Any guesses on price on Mini Ninjas?

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']This may sound like a silly question, but if I put a Gold Box item in my Cart, and I don't check out with it before it is 100% gone or it switches to another item, it doesn't "save" the item and price in my Cart, does it?[/QUOTE]
Yes it does save. You have until midnight PDT to checkout and get the Gold Box price.

[quote name='no_exit']Yes it does save. You have until midnight PDT to checkout and get the Gold Box price.[/QUOTE]
That's awesome! :D I'm really hoping that "house" thing is Resident Evil now, but like other people said, it's probably Ju-On. And I looked up some videos of it, and it doesn't look TERRIBLE... A little cheesy, maybe, but for some reason, I don't think it looks too bad. XP To be honest, I won't get it in the Gold Box if that's what it is, because I need to save for Black Friday... :p Still, if I can get it for around $20 more around the holiday season, I may have to bite. :3

12PM PDT: Ninjas can be cute. - Mini Ninja's ? Is that out yet?
2PM PDT: This is one house where you don't want to trick or treat. Monster House or something?
4PM PDT: Join our favorite detective on this chilling mystery. Ace whatever guy
6PM PDT: Bring it on! Wii cheer?

[quote name='confoosious']Ace attorney isn't out for the wii right?[/QUOTE]
That's right. We've already determined that Monster House never got a Wii release, and Mini Ninjas IS out.

Alot of people saying it might be Monster House, but there is no Monster House for the Wii. Googled it and it was only for GCN, DS, and GBA. I'm 99% sure it's going to be Overkill.

EDIT: Guess some people figured it out a few pages back.

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']
12PM PDT: Ninjas can be cute. - Mini Ninja's ? Is that out yet?
2PM PDT: This is one house where you don't want to trick or treat. Monster House or something?
4PM PDT: Join our favorite detective on this chilling mystery. Ace whatever guy
6PM PDT: Bring it on! Wii cheer?[/QUOTE]

I think it might be Scooby Doo for 2 or 4 o'clock

XSEED sure has it rough. Hasn't every single one of their games been a DotD or Gold Box item a month after release? I hope they at least get Sky Crawlers and Fragile out before they go under, as that's pretty much the path that they're on.

Though if reviews are to be believed, Ju-On's failure might be justified. Still can't believe that the "house" clue didn't bring to mind a game touted as a "haunted house simulator". So obvious now.

[quote name='fwbweux']XSEED sure has it rough. Hasn't every single one of their games been a DotD or Gold Box item a month after release? I hope they at least get Sky Crawlers and Fragile out before they go under, as that's pretty much the path that they're on.

Though if reviews are to be believed, Ju-On's failure might be justified. Still can't believe that the "house" clue didn't bring to mind a game touted as a "haunted house simulator". So obvious now.[/QUOTE]

But judging from the videos, it doesn't take place in a house. More like an office building.

I only own one xssed game - little king's story. it's a shame that the title sold poorly. I'd buy Fragile too if the reviews are decent.

Added: xseed also co-published the rune factory series which might have had decent sales(?).

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back