Amazon Downloads - New Releases 20% off (DI/WH40K $39.99 each), You Asked We Listened

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi There CAGs,

Edit: I almost forgot to mention, another question that comes up often is "Will games I buy on Amazon activate on Steam?" The answer is "All Steamworks games purchased through Amazon activate on Steam." Also edited post to make it clear that Dead Island and Warhammer 40K fall into this deal.

One of the consistent pieces of feedback I've received over the past week or so is that you all would really like a static place on Amazon to check out what deals we have on the games you enjoy.

We took that feedback and made a couple of changes:

1. We added a "New Releases for 20% off" link and are displaying it on our Game Downloads Page, and Core Game Downloads Page. Customers can now click on this link on any of these pages and be taken to a static page containing all New and Recent releases that are discounted.

2. We created the page referenced above, so now there is a home for new and recent releases on sale.

You can check out the new page here if you didn't click above.

You've all probably already seen the current deals on this page, but make sure to check back regularly as new games are released and you want to find a good deal!

Thanks for providing your feedback everyone, I hope you're as excited as I am to see how all our customers, not just CAGs respond. A link to this page will become part of the "mega thread" that I'll be working on this weekend.

Cheers,
Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We haven't announced a set end date for this price yet. Sorry I don't have more info for you!

When does your gift card come...and just out of curiosity, what did you trade in?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure. I shipped out some old PS360 games that I no longer play and has a higher TIV on Amazon than Gamestop a few days ago.

[quote name='Jodou']Don't do it. I give this another week or two before the price tanks. Seriously bad launch and underwhelming game design.[/QUOTE]

PC had a bad launch, but the game seems to be selling like crazy, even on PC. Why would the price tank?

I'm not sure if this was the goal, but amazon game deals have made me become a loyal amazon prime customer. I used to just buy games, but after getting into the habit of looking on amazon for deals I now buy almost everything from amazon. I'm glad to see amazon getting into CaG as well!

[quote name='radioactivez0r']PC had a bad launch, but the game seems to be selling like crazy, even on PC. Why would the price tank?[/QUOTE]
Just PC? Perhaps you didn't hear about the patch that wiped trophy progress or game saves on consoles.

Regardless of the launch, the game is riddled with bugs/exploits/design flaws. It's not deeply engaging or challenging, so I just don't see this holding value for long.

[quote name='Jodou']Hey Tony, any chance we'll see more reps from other departments? Many people here are retail only consumers and we could really use a go-to person for questions outside your area.[/QUOTE]
this.

also, thanks for helping out the pc gamers, man. much appreciated. i've been a loyal amazon customers for a while, but i don't play pc games. still, you deserve alot of credit for coming here & mixing it up with alot of your customers. much respect.

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']Ugh. Cheap PC games make this console gamer ANGRY.[/QUOTE]
Yeah well, at least you own your console games. fucking digital. . .

BTW, anyone else notice the new site design that just went up? I don't like it at all.

[quote name='twztid13']this.

also, thanks for helping out the pc gamers, man. much appreciated. i've been a loyal amazon customers for a while, but i don't play pc games. still, you deserve alot of credit for coming here & mixing it up with alot of your customers. much respect.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the props guys! I don't have any more information on engagement on the non pc download stuff but if I do I will come here with bells on and let you know about it!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Thanks for the props guys! I don't have any more information on engagement on the non pc download stuff but if I do I will come here with bells on and let you know about it![/QUOTE]
Kinky.

I'll add that I'd also like to see more detailed "deals" pages on Amazon for specific consoles. While it's easy to see the "Deal of the Day" on the "Video game deals" page, and there is a section on that page for upcoming deals, you have to click through to individual games to find out what the pre-order bonuses are. For the most part I rely on Twitter and CAG to find out what the best pre-order bonuses really are.

[quote name='pieczonka']when is dead island going to be back in stock? I want to purchase it but can't[/QUOTE]

Dead Island is back up! Thanks for your patience!

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Jodou']Yeah well, at least you own your console games. fucking digital. . .

BTW, anyone else notice the new site design that just went up? I don't like it at all.[/QUOTE]
i hate it, too. i heard the reason behind it was it's easier for tablet use.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']tony are u making any deals for red orchestra 2? got a beta key and im definitely interested in a copy for the right price.[/QUOTE]

Currently 10% off of $40 on Steam.

Sorry to push the competition above but are there any plans to make Amazon.ca a competitor in the Canadian market?

Am I not supposed to be able to use my $10 "software/videogames" promotional balance on these deals? I've had that balance on my account for a long time without ever using it, and I thought this would be a great time to use it, but it doesn't show that credit being applied when I go to complete my purchase.

[quote name='mrlogical']Am I not supposed to be able to use my $10 "software/videogames" promotional balance on these deals? I've had that balance on my account for a long time without ever using it, and I thought this would be a great time to use it, but it doesn't show that credit being applied when I go to complete my purchase.[/QUOTE]
Same for me, I'd love an answer to this too.

this is a pretty nice deal, amazon definitely has a bright future in the pc digital department if they can keep this up, on another note does anyone know how long the deal will last?

bread's done
Back