AMAZON/EBAY BUYERS BEWARE: PieceofMindMedia / NorAm selling YOUR used games as "NEW"

[quote name='opterasis']It was only a matter of time before pathetic scammers flocked in.[/QUOTE]

im just curious to know who you refer to, I hope you mean NorAm and not any CAGer.

[quote name='Arakias']im just curious to know who you refer to, I hope you mean NorAm and not any CAGer.[/QUOTE]

I assumed he meant the individuals in this topic who indicated they now want to order from this company, dispute the transaction, and then expect a refund AND to keep the game(s).

Not that I personally care one way or the other if those people do that. Sure, it's wrong, no doubt about it, but I'm not going to go on some holier than thou rant. And let's face it, this company is shady...call it karma or reaping what you sow. What goes around comes around, and their shady practices have brought them exactly this sort of behavior.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='karkyco']I assumed he meant the individuals in this topic who indicated they now want to order from this company, dispute the transaction, and then exect a refund AND to keep the game(s).[/QUOTE]

Thats what I figured as well. But saying something (typing it) and actually meaning it or doing it are two different things.
i guess hes just got a stick up his butt or something.

did anyone notice they lowered the price for endless ocean on amazon? used to be alot more before. oh yeah and they happen to have found a ton of them "brand new" :roll:

theyre killing some of the values of hard to find games.

I'd like to call 60 Minutes, the New York Times, or the Wall Street Journal to do a story about how scammers eventually make their way into every growing ($) market - ie video game sales, especially the used market. But damn...those trade in and bonus codes are nice. LOL . I am also torn about this.

If you order from them and IF you receive the game. According to their feedback, many report weeks of not receiving anything or the wrong item. They need to be dealt with.

One thing to do is put a piece of paper hidden in the manual saying "this was once used, I hope you bought it as used."

[quote name='io']The thing is, it seems most of the DVDs people in that other thread people bought would have been good deals as used ones anyway - so I don't see the point of what they are doing (if it's true).

But yeah, definitely conflicted because if they can't sell, they won't take trade-ins and that program has been very very good to me ;).

They only accept stuff that is near mint, though, so I don't see why they can't sell things as in "excellent" used condition and leave it at that. Their customers would be much happier and they'd have much better feedback (which effects search rankings and discounts on closing fees thus saving them money). Occasionally people do trade things in to them brand new and sealed and in that case, by all means, they should sell them as new (even though they took them as a used trade - but they aren't GS so I think that would be OK).[/QUOTE]

This. How hard is it to list the correct condition?

[quote name='phear3d']they receive like 10+ negative feedbacks a day.[/QUOTE]

Why do people keep buying from them?

Great, now Amazon is selling used stuff as new. I ordered a 60GB PS3 from them, was stated as new, and it came with the seal cut and everything inside was used. Can't trust anybody these days.

[quote name='kell']Great, now Amazon is selling used stuff as new. I ordered a 60GB PS3 from them, was stated as new, and it came with the seal cut and everything inside was used. Can't trust anybody these days.[/QUOTE]
true. eventually they'll get in trouble for this. not every company can get away with deceiving people just to get an extra $10-$30 on the price.

companies like The Wiz also deceived people into thinking that the electronics they're buying are "brand new" but in fact they're factory reconditioned or refurbished. one of the biggest reasons why they changed the boxes white for refurbished was because of that, too many companies charging msrp for something that was reconditioned/refurbished. they also sold open box items as new and repackaged them as such. sooner or later people have caught on to what they're doing which probably one of the reasons why they went bankrupt cause alot of people didnt trust them.

Hmm... I've dealt with Nor Am a few times and I've had no problems, personally. I haven't bought a ton of stuff from them new though... GH:Aerosmith and TH:AW I think and both were fine.

I do know everything I traded, even the few things that were new, I tore the seal off just for the .0000001% chance it was machine chewed or whatever and also the fact they were paying me for a used game so that's what I was giving them.

[quote name='kell']Great, now Amazon is selling used stuff as new. I ordered a 60GB PS3 from them, was stated as new, and it came with the seal cut and everything inside was used. Can't trust anybody these days.[/QUOTE]
I truly doubt that was listed as new. The odds of finding a new 60GB PS3 on Amazon are pretty much zero. You probably bought it off a 3rd party seller.

i read this awhile back, i thought i'd share it

http://www.gossipgamers.com/trio-scores-big-in-wal-mart-scam-then-go-to-jail/

Three men from Georgia, Levar Thornton, 29, Michael Cunningham, 19, and Tyrell Myers, 18, have been arrested for ripping off 11 Wal-Marts. The trio would buy Xbox 360 games. Then they would carefully open them and replace the original contents with blank disks. After resealing the games, the group returned the fakes to Wal-Mart. Finally, they sold the pilfered games on eBay.

They returned 200 phony games to the discount retailer and were found by police to have 400 shipping receipts. Their estimated take in the scam – $10,000. So they got to try out all the latest 360 games for free and make lots of cash. I’m sure prison will temper their video enthusiasm.

[quote name='xoh96x']pieceofmindbooks is very trustworthy, I've ordered from them several times before and have been very happy.[/QUOTE]
taken from other thread, ROFL...

Is there a way we can contact the BBV about this? I hate how Ebay dosnet care what people do as long as they bring in cash for Ebay. I run the Ebay part of the business I work for, and Ebay shut us down for 3 days last week just because we offered Personal check as a payment type!!

arent these people opening item not as described cases?

[quote name='Sinnbox']taken from other thread, ROFL...

Is there a way we can contact the BBV about this? I hate how Ebay dosnet care what people do as long as they bring in cash for Ebay. I run the Ebay part of the business I work for, and Ebay shut us down for 3 days last week just because we offered Personal check as a payment type!!

arent these people opening item not as described cases?[/QUOTE]
i wish we could do something about it. when a company like this that generates thousands of transactions each week there really isnt much you could do. ebay profits from them selling their stuff so they really wont do much. same goes with amazon.

the only thing you can do as a consumer is to spread the word. i would actually even go as far as to not trade Factory Sealed games to them but instead, open it and send it as it is. many companies like gamestop and gamecrazy lets you open the game before you can trade them in just to make sure the game disc is inside.

[quote name='YodaEXE']I truly doubt that was listed as new. The odds of finding a new 60GB PS3 on Amazon are pretty much zero. You probably bought it off a 3rd party seller.[/QUOTE]

Give me some credit, I'm not a noob. It was listed as "New" and I trusted Amazon.

It was directly form Amazon.com. A lot of people on here bought one as there was a thread about it being available (check the deal graveyard). I've never had any problems with Amazon, but this makes me start to question them as well.

[quote name='phear3d']true. eventually they'll get in trouble for this. not every company can get away with deceiving people just to get an extra $10-$30 on the price.[/QUOTE]

Have they done this before? I've never heard of Amazon itself doing this. Quite disappointing.

[quote name='kell']

Have they done this before? I've never heard of Amazon itself doing this. Quite disappointing.[/QUOTE]

We are talking about NorAm here

[quote name='kell']*about the 60gig PS3 "warehouse find" from a few weeks back*

Give me some credit, I'm not a noob. It was listed as "New" and I trusted Amazon.

It was directly form Amazon.com. A lot of people on here bought one as there was a thread about it being available (check the deal graveyard). I've never had any problems with Amazon, but this makes me start to question them as well.[/QUOTE]

Holy shit, really? Now I'm glad I missed the deal.

[quote name='Chuplayer']Holy shit, really? Now I'm glad I missed the deal.[/QUOTE]
Yep. The box seal was broken and when I opened the box I found a controller with the USB cord attached just thrown in there.

I'm surprised no one else has complained about it, maybe it was just mine that came like that.

I hate the idiots on ebay that write "BRAND NEW. I played a couple times but BRAND NEW."

F'ing morons.

I don't like NorAm so I never send in sealed games. Why let them make more profit.

Oh as far as selling resealed games, just tell everyone you know that they do this.

[quote name='confoosious']I hate the idiots on ebay that write "BRAND NEW. I played a couple times but BRAND NEW."

F'ing morons.

I don't like NorAm so I never send in sealed games. Why let them make more profit.

Oh as far as selling resealed games, just tell everyone you know that they do this.[/QUOTE]

Did you see post 35 in this thread?

Here's another I found today:

New - Soul Calibur III "Original case. Guaranteed functionality and satisfaction. Comes with manual and Namco Trasmission v3.2 demo disc. Few and tiny scratches on CD."

How the hell would a disc only game or scratched cd fall under the new category?

[quote name='Rozz']Did you see post 35 in this thread?

Here's another I found today:

New - Soul Calibur III "Original case. Guaranteed functionality and satisfaction. Comes with manual and Namco Trasmission v3.2 demo disc. Few and tiny scratches on CD."

How the hell would a disc only game or scratched cd fall under the new category?[/QUOTE]

Maybe they subscribe to the NBC theory of : If you haven't seen it before, it's new to you!

Just wanted to add my 2 cents here and perhaps share a different perspective. I've purchased a total of 1 game from NorAm - Tetris DS which we all know is hard to find, especially sealed. The game arrived in a reasonable amount of time (tracking was not provided) and it did appear to be new, sealed with the other, non-y-fold plastic. I never opened it as I someday may end up selling it as new. The thing is, if I had never read this thread I may have never wondered whether I had a resealed game or not. I would've just sold it as new and possibly been called a scammer by the person who purchased it from me. Is it possible that the very same thing is happening to Noram? They're buying this stuff wholesale from who knows where. Maybe they think they're selling legit merch but it's their suppliers who are ripping them off. I dunno. In the end it doesn't matter because a reputable company would test their stuff before ever letting it get to the consumer (instead of using the same line about "satisfaction garaunteed" that all the purveyors of chinese fakes use).

[quote name='cheeky']Just wanted to add my 2 cents here and perhaps share a different perspective. I've purchased a total of 1 game from NorAm - Tetris DS which we all know is hard to find, especially sealed. The game arrived in a reasonable amount of time (tracking was not provided) and it did appear to be new, sealed with the other, non-y-fold plastic. I never opened it as I someday may end up selling it as new. The thing is, if I had never read this thread I may have never wondered whether I had a resealed game or not. I would've just sold it as new and possibly been called a scammer by the person who purchased it from me. Is it possible that the very same thing is happening to Noram? They're buying this stuff wholesale from who knows where. Maybe they think they're selling legit merch but it's their suppliers who are ripping them off. I dunno. In the end it doesn't matter because a reputable company would test their stuff before ever letting it get to the consumer (instead of using the same line about "satisfaction garaunteed" that all the purveyors of chinese fakes use).[/QUOTE]
they do buy alot of games new and factory sealed and they sell on both ebay and amazon. the main issue here is the traded games through amazon and thats probably what you've gotten.

the easiest way to protect games is by actually sealing or resealing them. at a warehouse full of games, thats probably the best protection youll get. and i think maybe this is where they got the idea of why not sell them as new since 1) they refurbish them sort of new, free of scratches MOST OF THE TIME but not all the time and 2) the game can actually be sold as much as twice or triple the cost of its original MSRP.

distributors really dont have any access to used merchandise unless they buy them through a source like gamefly or gamestop. but by providing the service of accepting used games on amazon, you pretty much became like a gamestop. the games that gets traded through amazon is somehow comparable to that of a gamestop. i can understand that cags would sometimes trade in factory sealed games (i know a few colleagues of mine have done so).

lets say for example Endless Ocean. a few weeks ago they had a trade in deal of $26.xx per copy + shipping cost. why would somehow they decided to list Endless Ocean brand new on amazon and sold them 3-4 times as much? shouldnt that be sold used? i really dont understand their logic or maybe were not supposed to because they know selling "NEW" means its more money to them. if there are more copies of the games available to the public, the price of the item or game becomes less. theres a reason why people are able to sell a game like Team Buddies for $150 used because theres not alot of them that gets listed each week. Multiply the listings by 3 or 4 each week and the prices will go down.

and fyi, all current nintendo titles are sealed y-fold and not a heat wrap seal. they probably dont have the machine that can do nintendo ds games thats why its heat wrap seal.

First post here, but shouldn't be about something like this. None the less I feel I have to chime in here so that other people know this is not isolated.

I bought a copy of Wartech: Senko no Ronde off of Amazon, thinking it was coming directly from Amazon, as since the last time I ordered, they moved the place where it states who actually has the item, and who it is fulfilled by. Not a big deal, but spotted it after I checked out; I prefer to steer clear of situations where it is sold by another company regardless of being fulfilled by Amazon, due to previous issues in the past when buying from sellers directly on there. Free shipping or not, the hassle of such problems I have pained in the past are not worth the trouble.

Either way, game was sold by pieceofmindmedia and fulfilled by Amazon.

I get this in Saturday, and noticed something funny right off the bat: No security seal on the right side, however it had a sticker on the bottom similar to that of video DVDs, which read SECURITY DEVICE ENCLOSED. Also, the outer wrap was slightly loose, but was sealed like a standard Y-seal. Been collecting/buying a long time, so I know how to tell the difference between normal shrink wrap reseal and Y-seal, and I have seen loose shrink wrap on a retail game/movie before, so didn't think anything of the wrap part.

So I tried looking around on the net, to see if maybe other copies might be like this, as this isn't considered a top selling A+ title, and pulled up nothing. I went ahead and opened it being wary.

Noticed as soon as I opened the case, disc has wear around the center ring on BOTH sides, and disc has some minor scratches.

Game is used, and blatantly being sold as new. Not a fan of Gamestop, but even they don't do this kind of crap.

I immediately left negative feedback for the seller which I will not be changing, and I have already called up Amazon, as well as receiving a return label. They assured me I will be receiving a full refund as well.

I'm pissed because this is complete crap, taking advantage of people that may not otherwise know, and not only that, this makes Amazon look bad. I have had very few problems out of Amazon in the past, and I prefer to keep it this way. I told the representative that they should definitely look into this seller's feedback, as well as selling habits, as I have found other issues with them since I started looking around, including eBay.

The feedback I left them, which will be moved on to the later pages rather quickly I'm sure, due to how much they sell, is quoted here:
1 out of 5: "Item listed as NEW, arrived RESEALED with no security seal, and with wear on the disc, plus scratches. Do a search for this company they do this a lot. I am NOT changing or removing this feedback Amazon, so don't even ask. People need to know what his company is doing, and it's blatant fraud."
Date: September 7, 2009 Rated by Buyer: quoth09

They also have a lifetime rating/365 day rating of 96% on Amazon, and 97% for the last 30-90 days - not a good sign for a good seller on Amazon. Had I known this prior to ordering, I would have changed to a different seller, or removed the item from my basket.

Seems that Kemco is now the seller listed and fulfilled by Amazon, though NorAm International is listed as another seller on the list, for 11.89 + $3.99 shipping, listed as New, though a lot of other sellers have the same price or around that.

If anyone else has such problems with them, please chime in and report them to where you purchased the item from. These bastards need to be out of business. Also, I love the fact that NorAm has this listed on their profile:
NorAm is a woman owned enterprise founded in 2006, with 25 employees committed to meeting our customer's needs.
Is it really that important to list that it's owned by a woman? Not to sound sexist here at all, but I could honestly care if the company I'm buying a game from was started by someone with a penis, a vagina, or is an alien. After this experience, all it makes me think is 2 words: lying bitch.

BTW- Anyone that cares to call them (not Amazon), their phone # is: 978-567-0741

All their eBay negatives can be looked at on one page here:
http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=pieceofmindbooks&Dirn=Received+by&Many=ON

http://www.amazon.com/shops/pieceofmindbooks
http://www.amazon.com/shops/pieceofmindmedia
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=pieceofmindbooks

Hey Phear, remember that story I told you about a 360 game I bought from them, and the description I gave about the seal on the bottom? It matches Quoth's exactly!

[quote name='phear3d']

and fyi, all current nintendo titles are sealed y-fold and not a heat wrap seal. they probably dont have the machine that can do nintendo ds games thats why its heat wrap seal.[/QUOTE]

I've often wondered about this and I'm not entirely sure I agree, although I certainly don't doubt you fully. The reason I say this is because many of the older DS games (DK Jungle Climber for example) I've purchased at retail (Sears, FYE) have been sealed in the non y-seals. I'm willing to bet money that Sears isn't savvy enough to reseal games, FYE, I'm not too sure about. At FYE I've seen five or more copies of DKJC where 3 were Y sealed and 2 were regular plastic heat seals. I bought the y sealed ones and left the others but will not hesitate to buy the non y-seals next time if I need them and they're still there.

[quote name='cheeky']I've often wondered about this and I'm not entirely sure I agree, although I certainly don't doubt you fully. The reason I say this is because many of the older DS games (DK Jungle Climber for example) I've purchased at retail (Sears, FYE) have been sealed in the non y-seals. I'm willing to bet money that Sears isn't savvy enough to reseal games, FYE, I'm not too sure about. At FYE I've seen five or more copies of DKJC where 3 were Y sealed and 2 were regular plastic heat seals. I bought the y sealed ones and left the others but will not hesitate to buy the non y-seals next time if I need them and they're still there.[/QUOTE]

I too have seen DS games the same way, even in Toys Я Us and sometimes Wal-Mart. Same with original X-Box, and several other systems, however the games had their other seals in place, etc. or all the same titles were like that.

I got this email from them earlier today, because I posted here. I will let anyone that reads it take what they will from it. However, they should be contacting everyone else and refunding them, if they are unhappy, rather than just writing me based on the fact that I actually did something and said something regarding my transaction. As far as I'm concerned, this is a prime example why I am wary to deal with such sellers.

-----

Hello there. This is Mike, one of the partners at NorAm.

First, you seem like a thoughtful person from reading your detailed post on CAG, and you deserve and apology for our misclassification of your video game. This was a simple human error on our part.

We purchase huge overstock inventory from retailers and wholesalers of games, and it is usually a mix of mostly used with some new. We do also buy large lots of New Games as well, but less frequently. At one point in June we thought it was a good idea to wrap all our used games for better protection and a better customer experience. Unfortunately, that can lead to confusion by scanners receiving into Fulfillment by Amazon. We don’t think it happened often at all (very rarely have we gotten complaints, especially considering we sell 4000+ items per day), but we stopped in late August wrapping any used games to prevent this from every happening again.

Naturally, you will get a full refund through FBA and we hope you aren’t tainted by your experience with our company. For a large seller who does sell mostly used products, our feedback ratings are great. Most negatives are order cancellations and stock-outs, which happens when you gets lots of onesy/twosy random inventory like we do. Even on Ebay, which you referenced in your CAG post, we found just 26 negatives referencing getting used sold as new out of 72,000 feedbacks going all the way back to May (using the toolhaus.org tool). We got those comments so infrequently we didn’t even consider it an issue (without toolhaus, which we just found out about, we could never even find our negatives). Our rating on Ebay is 99.2%, the highest of any of the large Media sellers who sell mostly used.

We’re not asking you to modify your post on CAG or remove your feedback, just felt you again deserved a response. As many orders as we do a day (almost 5000 total), every customer and every comment matters. Feel free to reach out anytime.

Sincerely,

Michael

So why does NorAm even have a machine to wrap games? Did they seriously buy it just to "protect" their used games?

I bought games from them on Ebay and had the same problem so it's just not the result of Amazon "scanner" mistakes. My games had a piece of paper on them with a date and "new" on them. So I am guessing NorAm labels the games as "new" themselves.

Sorry Michael I don't believe you. But I do believe you are conducting business in a fradulent manner and it is a shame. Is money really that important to you?

[quote name='quoth09']I got this email from them earlier today, because I posted here. I will let anyone that reads it take what they will from it. However, they should be contacting everyone else and refunding them, if they are unhappy, rather than just writing me based on the fact that I actually did something and said something regarding my transaction. As far as I'm concerned, this is a prime example why I am wary to deal with such sellers.

-----

First, you seem like a thoughtful person from reading your detailed post on CAG, and you deserve and apology for our misclassification of your video game. This was a simple human error on our part.

We purchase huge overstock inventory from retailers and wholesalers of games, and it is usually a mix of mostly used with some new. We do also buy large lots of New Games as well, but less frequently. At one point in June we thought it was a good idea to wrap all our used games for better protection and a better customer experience. Unfortunately, that can lead to confusion by scanners receiving into Fulfillment by Amazon. We don’t think it happened often at all (very rarely have we gotten complaints, especially considering we sell 4000+ items per day), but we stopped in late August wrapping any used games to prevent this from every happening again.

Naturally, you will get a full refund through FBA and we hope you aren’t tainted by your experience with our company. For a large seller who does sell mostly used products, our feedback ratings are great. Most negatives are order cancellations and stock-outs, which happens when you gets lots of onesy/twosy random inventory like we do. Even on Ebay, which you referenced in your CAG post, we found just 26 negatives referencing getting used sold as new out of 72,000 feedbacks going all the way back to May (using the toolhaus.org tool). We got those comments so infrequently we didn’t even consider it an issue (without toolhaus, which we just found out about, we could never even find our negatives). Our rating on Ebay is 99.2%, the highest of any of the large Media sellers who sell mostly used.

We’re not asking you to modify your post on CAG or remove your feedback, just felt you again deserved a response. As many orders as we do a day (almost 5000 total), every customer and every comment matters. Feel free to reach out anytime.

Sincerely,

Michael[/QUOTE]

So Michael from NorAm reads CAG. I wonder how many deals he's posted here.

[quote name='kell']So why does NorAm even have a machine to wrap games? Did they seriously buy it just to "protect" their used games?

I bought games from them on Ebay and had the same problem so it's just not the result of Amazon "scanner" mistakes. My games had a piece of paper on them with a date and "new" on them. So I am guessing NorAm labels the games as "new" themselves.

Sorry Michael I don't believe you. But I do believe you are conducting business in a fradulent manner and it is a shame. Is money really that important to you?[/QUOTE]

I think they stopped wrapping games because they got caught or atleast warned about questionable business practices, probably by eBay, maybe Amazon. I'm sure more people (unknowing parents or young kids) received used games and never knew it. I wonder if all the fake "NEW"/actually used items were higher priced, higher margin video games vs. DVDs. As long as for every 1 or 2 fakes, a 100 low margin 2-3 dollar DVDs were sold, their feedback ratings would keep them under the radar with eBay. The 1 fake "NEW" item could yeild a profit equal to maybe 20+ legitimate cheap used DVDs. For instance a used Endless Ocean sells for $24 used. A rewrapped "NEW" copy fetches $45. It would be $21 more pure profit , the cost/risk being a POSSIBLE negative feedback that would be rendered insignificant beacuse of the 4000 trans action per day. They could do that like 40 times a day and be somewhat safe. Kinda the way businesses weigh the price of a product recall vs. the cost of liability and litigation, it's all about maximizing profits for them.

[quote name='Sinnbox']taken from other thread, ROFL...

arent these people opening item not as described cases?[/QUOTE]

Funny how they can ring every penny out of you....they push free shipping so their final value fee is larger because your cost for shipping is included in the item price and not in the uncomissioned shipping price. Now they have outlawed checks and money orders so Paypal (owned by eBay) can charge a percentage on the whole transaction, shipping included. Next they should issue their own bank notes and not allow trade in US dollars or any other currency.

I've been doing business with them for months, never got a "resealed" game, and all of my games / movies [ blu-rays ] have had all seals on them, with original packaging. I also just ordered Chrono Trigger from them via Amazon a few days ago, and received it w/o any sort of wrapping (which seems to back their claim to have stopped "sealing" anything up) [ it was a used copy, fulfilled by Amazon ].

Either way, I've bought probably 30+ items from them in the past few months, haven't had a single problem. Everything I got was all in the original packaging, seals and everything else included and un-touched. So, I'll gladly keep doing more and more business with them.

[quote name='quoth09']

Sincerely,

Michael
.[/QUOTE]

No offense to Michael intended, but that bolded portion is blatant misinformation. The first, and ONLY, order I EVER made with this company was before June and I received a re-sealed game.

As far as the "negatives as a result of reseals" needs to be addressed as well. Yes, not everybody left you a negative. Look through ALL of your comments, because quite a few people mention the company's resealing habits but merely left a neutral because the game / DVDs worked.

While there are quite a few people who don't mind receiving reseals because it works... but if you remember... certain companies (much larger than your own) have been sued over the same type of practice of selling used items as NEW. Just a bit of food for thought.

Whether or not that game I purchased was re-sealed by the people who sold it to your company is not even an issue, because as a retailer it is the company's responsibility to ensure that their representations are true and not false... and... as a huge re-seller... the company should be aware what "Brand New" and "Factory Sealed" means.

What about the movies they resealed and used cheap security tag enclosed stickers on and resold as brand new? They obviously put those on all 3 sides to fool the average buyer. Normally the security sticker on the top actually says the name of the movie and has a little barcode. Did they think adding these stickers was a good way to protect the movies? Obviously the intent was not what is claimed.

Definitely sounds like a bunch of bullshit to me, especially because of the security sticker issue brought up by the previous poster. What exactly would their purpose be besides fooling people?

There are quite a few eBay "Power Sellers" who sell used games as new.

Recently I bought a "new" game from GamersFactory (http://myworld.ebay.com/gamers_factory) which claims to sell both used and new games.

But my "new" game did not come in a factory seal but rather a rewrap. More importantly the case had a mark from a peeled off sticker (which I can only assume was a price tag that probably said used) and the disc had fingerprints on it.

[quote name='Techsticles']What about the movies they resealed and used cheap security tag enclosed stickers on and resold as brand new? They obviously put those on all 3 sides to fool the average buyer. Normally the security sticker on the top actually says the name of the movie and has a little barcode. Did they think adding these stickers was a good way to protect the movies? Obviously the intent was not what is claimed.[/QUOTE]

I recently received a couple "NEW" HD DVDs with fake security tape on all three sides from a half.com seller. The tape also said DVD not HD DVD. The case was a cheap quality fake, the case art was a blurry color scan on regular printer paper, and the HD DVD emblem on the case came off with the security tape, all in a plastic wrapper sold as New. When I confronted the buyer about this , they claimed it was purchased NEW from a supplier/distributor. Does NorAm do wholesale? LOL

Half.com seller - Househouldthings (thats how they spell it)

[quote name='boylover']There are quite a few eBay "Power Sellers" who sell used games as new.

Recently I bought a "new" game from GamersFactory (http://myworld.ebay.com/gamers_factory) which claims to sell both used and new games.

But my "new" game did not come in a factory seal but rather a rewrap. More importantly the case had a mark from a peeled off sticker (which I can only assume was a price tag that probably said used) and the disc had fingerprints on it.[/QUOTE]

Am I mistaken, or is this the company that will be handling the TRU trade-ins? This could be a whole 'nother NorAm debacle.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I definitely liked the suggestion someone had before about putting a little note in the instruction manual with all the games we now trade in.[/QUOTE]

No one reads manuals on most games.

[quote name='Sinnbox']No one reads manuals on most games.[/QUOTE]

You say that like it's some sort of fact. I would definitely disagree with that assessment. I don't know anyone who doesn't at least check out the first page or two for the rundown of the controller layout.

[quote name='Toss']I recently received a couple "NEW" HD DVDs with fake security tape on all three sides from a half.com seller. The tape also said DVD not HD DVD. The case was a cheap quality fake, the case art was a blurry color scan on regular printer paper, and the HD DVD emblem on the case came off with the security tape, all in a plastic wrapper sold as New. When I confronted the buyer about this , they claimed it was purchased NEW from a supplier/distributor. Does NorAm do wholesale? LOL[/QUOTE]
Please post the user name here

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']You say that like it's some sort of fact. I would definitely disagree with that assessment. I don't know anyone who doesn't at least check out the first page or two for the rundown of the controller layout.[/QUOTE]

I havent read a manual in years

Well, I don't know you, so it's still all good. And seriously, a statement like that...don't make it. If you honestly want anyone to believe you haven't read a word in a manual "in year"...you're smoking something...and I want some.

people could write "used" in the back of the spine (the white part) of the cover inlay use a sharpie or marker but not a pen since it could ruin the part of that spine.

i was just at TRU the other day and they had a bunch of FF Rings of Fate for DS sold as "USED" but they are all factory sealed. they're leading people to misbelieve they are $30 used. then on the aisle where there are more FF ROF without the used sticker but was marked $30 as well #-o

Any tips on spotting resealed PS3 games? Amazon merchants are the cheapest prices I can find for a few PS3 games, but now I'm a bit weary of buying from any of them.

bread's done
Back