Amazon FUNimation Sale?

[quote name='DNukem170']Because I got Part 1 for cheap and can sell off the DVD version.

Why bother getting Black Lagoon now when they will release a collection with the OVA eventually?[/QUOTE]

What? The two aren't even close. How old do you think Black Lagoon is? How old do you think Steins;Gate is? If you really think they're going to release a collection with the 6-episode OVA series, you must have information about Funi's financials that I'm not privy to. Mind sharing?

You can justify your taste for bad deals all you want, but point is it's still a bad deal. But hey, if you get off on paying $60 for the show, then by all means have your fun. Someone's gotta front the costs so the rest of us can score shit for cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:
No reason to get defensive about it there Dark. There is a difference in pointing out a flaw in a deal, and attacking someone's "taste". Might wanna try to be a little more social about it. Just sayin.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']What? The two aren't even close. How old do you think Black Lagoon is? How old do you think Steins;Gate is? If you really think they're going to release a collection with the 6-episode OVA series, you must have information about Funi's financials that I'm not privy to. Mind sharing?[/QUOTE]

All he's saying is if you look at past releases, they eventually release a collection with the OVAs included. Gunslinger Girl 2, School Rumble, Burst Angel all had individual OVA releases, where they were eventually repackaged into a collection with the series.

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']No reason to get defensive about it there Dark. There is a difference in pointing out a flaw in a deal, and attacking someone's "taste". Might wanna try to be a little more social about it. Just sayin.[/QUOTE]

I think he's too hardcore for that.

Sure is illiteracy ITT. I never attacked anyone's "taste".

Well whatever, not my problem. Like I said, someone needs to subsidize the cost for those of us who want deals.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Sure is illiteracy ITT. I never attacked anyone's "taste".

Well whatever, not my problem. Like I said, someone needs to subsidize the cost for those of us who want deals.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure we read what you said pretty well. You are the one that got butthurt over what someone else does with money. But then again your custom title fits you pretty well.

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']I'm pretty sure we read what you said pretty well. You are the one that got butthurt over what someone else does with money. But then again your custom title fits you pretty well.[/QUOTE]

It does, doesn't it?

[quote name='DarkSageRK']You can justify your taste for bad deals all you want, but point is it's still a bad deal. But hey, if you get off on paying $60 for the show, then by all means have your fun. Someone's gotta front the costs so the rest of us can score shit for cheap.[/QUOTE]
Actually, I will have gotten the series for $44, minus whatever I get for the DVD version of Part 2. And with no shitty Anime Classics cover to worry about.

[quote name='jedimario']After you watch it, would you mind sharing your perspective? I am intrigued as well but wonder what it would compare to.[/QUOTE]
Aliens. Lol, it's one of movies that spouts script from a fairytale in order to connect itself, rather than have a clever script to tie the two. If anything, it's like Aliens -- tries to be survival horror but ends up being an over-the-top action film. It wasn't terrible, but nothing special. Doubt I'd watch it again.

Sigh, I was really hoping the price on Black Lagoon would go up by now. Couldn't resist anymore and got it in my quick picks for about $25 shipped.

In closing, I hate you all lol.

[quote name='Jodou']Aliens. Lol, it's one of movies that spouts script from a fairytale in order to connect itself, rather than have a clever script to tie the two. If anything, it's like Aliens -- tries to be survival horror but ends up being an over-the-top action film. It wasn't terrible, but nothing special. Doubt I'd watch it again.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Jodou, I think I may wait as that's not really my genre. But thanks for letting me know!

Great, now Steins;Gate Part 2 is in my Quick Picks for $29.44, making it even harder to resist (I'm not immediately jumping on it because I don't really want to pay more than $40 for Part 1 and I think I'd rather have the complete series for that amount). :bomb:

[quote name='jeff1304']On another note has spice and wolf blu ray complete always been as cheap as it is now ?[/QUOTE]

Nope, this would be the cheapest since it's release.

Tegs: декоративная штукатурка в архангельске декоративная штукатурка кораед терракот норильск штукатурка декоративная смеси.

расход декоративной штукатурки
искусственный камень
декоративная штукатурка мрамор

Even though it's part of the sale, might want to hold off on My Bride is a Mermaid if you can wait a couple months to save about $15.

Funimation released their May schedule, which is mostly re-releases(along with a Sekirei S1 & S2 combo pack), includes a S.A.V. E. version of My Bride is a Mermaid. Since those versions are usually $15-$20 when they come out, you'll be saving at least $13 compared to this. Only difference is the S.A.V.E. version probably isn't going to be coming with the slipcover like the original one does.

I was pretty happy to see Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari is finally given a release date for the blu, although I do hate that it's coming out in the separate parts edition first, which I might just wait for the complete set of it.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Even though it's part of the sale, might want to hold off on My Bride is a Mermaid if you can wait a couple months to save about $15.

Funimation released their May schedule, which is mostly re-releases(along with a Sekirei S1 & S2 combo pack), includes a S.A.V. E. version of My Bride is a Mermaid. Since those versions are usually $15-$20 when they come out, you'll be saving at least $13 compared to this. Only difference is the S.A.V.E. version probably isn't going to be coming with the slipcover like the original one does.[/QUOTE]Thanks for the heads-up; I wasn't going to buy My Bride Is A Mermaid at the current price, but it's nice to know when it'll be getting the S.A.V.E. treatment.

[quote name='Squarehard']He does enjoy his Gumball.[/QUOTE]That I do. It ranks just below Adventure Time and Regular Show as a truly great cartoon currently airing. :lol:

[quote name='Vigilante']That I do. It ranks just below Adventure Time and Regular Show as a truly great cartoon currently airing. :lol:[/QUOTE]

46085.png

[quote name='elessar123']
46085.png
[/QUOTE]Oh...uh...I mean...on Cartoon Network? 8-[

Sorry, I seriously just forgot about MLP. It's above Gumball.

[quote name='Jodou']Oh god, don't tell me there's a current show for. . .THAT airing right now.[/QUOTE]

That image is from the current show which has been airing for quite some time now, so I'm not sure if you are joking or not, but unless you have HUB you probably won't see it on TV unless you watch them online.

Went ahead and snagged Black Lagoon and the Spice and Wolf complete series sets. I already had the DVDs of Black Lagoon, but the series is one of my favorites, and I really wanted it on Blu-Ray. Great prices for these sets.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Even though it's part of the sale, might want to hold off on My Bride is a Mermaid if you can wait a couple months to save about $15.

Funimation released their May schedule, which is mostly re-releases(along with a Sekirei S1 & S2 combo pack), includes a S.A.V. E. version of My Bride is a Mermaid. Since those versions are usually $15-$20 when they come out, you'll be saving at least $13 compared to this. Only difference is the S.A.V.E. version probably isn't going to be coming with the slipcover like the original one does.[/QUOTE]

Ah man! From previous sales I had bought :br: of Spice and Wolf S1 and Sekirei S1 for ~$18 each. I have avoided the part1/part2 releases of anything Funimation thinking full season would be safe. Now I just need season 2's, and those are looking more expensive than S1+S2 packs!! What to do? haha

On the bright side, I only had Soul Eater on dvd, so the $22 :br: Soul Eater set was awesome.

:br: Strike Witches S1 is another I have, but S2 is looking way too expensive.

[quote name='Squarehard']That image is from the current show which has been airing for quite some time now, so I'm not sure if you are joking or not, but unless you have HUB you probably won't see it on TV unless you watch them online.[/QUOTE]
I do have HUB, but never watch it heh. Any time I saw an image like that, I thought it was a joke or some fan art. Now I'm afraid, oh so very afraid. . .

[quote name='Jodou']I do have HUB, but never watch it heh. Any time I saw an image like that, I thought it was a joke or some fan art. Now I'm afraid, oh so very afraid. . .[/QUOTE]

Actually, MLP: Friendship is Magic has been HUGE outside the target demo. I have never seen it (don't have Hub) but it seems like it is similar in tone to old school Dexter's Lab or Rugrats.

[quote name='DNukem170']Actually, MLP: Friendship is Magic has been HUGE outside the target demo. I have never seen it (don't have Hub) but it seems like it is similar in tone to old school Dexter's Lab or Rugrats.[/QUOTE]

A more precise comparison for tone may be to Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends since the creator was basically a big part of developing and writing for it.

And any cartoon that has a character that's a spoof of Who gets a thumbs up from me. ^__^

bread's done
Back