Amazon - God Hand PS2 $15.49 (Update2)

[quote name='Grinchy']Because of the price dropping I thought I should bite. Then I realized I needed $25 on my order so I stuck Katamari in my cart as well. Still wasn't at $25 yet and that's when I realized that THIS SITE IS MAKING ME SPEND TOO MUCH MONEY!!!!

haha I love it though. I don't need any more games right now, CAG. I'm taking a stand right now! (until the next good deal I see, and then I'll rationalize it by telling myself that I didn't bite on this one)[/quote]

I was taking a stand, but then they had that electric toothbrush for $12, so I got the Metal Slug Anthology for $17.70 to satisfy FSSS. Hope your stand works out better.

Any game that let's you QTE grab an enemy chick minion and spank them is automatically a great game!

wait what? $9.97? is Amazon.com trying to price match?

Finally, finally bought this piece of crap. Now, despite all logic telling me to never play it, I can finally form a valid opinion justifying my feelings.

Or maybe my eyes deceive me and the game is awesome. We'll see!

[quote name='KrazyGunner']Any game that let's you QTE grab an enemy chick minion and spank them is automatically a great game![/QUOTE]

Fuuuuck. Bought. I think someone needs to explain to me that impulse buying a $10 game is ok, but if you buy three of them that adds up to $30.

EDIT: Shit, nevermind. It sold out when I went to add it to my cart. Goddammit.

Sonofabitch! It must've JUST sold out, because it won't let me put it in the cart (the page says "1 left in stock" but no go).

[quote name='ggamdori']Get this game. I even listen to the OST daily. True story.[/quote]

Haha! I have it on my cellphone's miniSD!:bouncy:

[quote name='ninja dog']hay guyz I herd this got a 3 from ign. must be shitty. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I swear to god I will kick Chris Roper's ass if I ever meet him.

[quote name='Pojo']Finally, finally bought this piece of crap. Now, despite all logic telling me to never play it, I can finally form a valid opinion justifying my feelings.

Or maybe my eyes deceive me and the game is awesome. We'll see![/quote]

be ready for sore wrists =)

So how does this game have scores all over the place? It's got a 3 on IGN but an 8 on Gamespot. Those two are usually close to one another. Oh well it's got a 75% composite score so I'll take a mental note to add it to the games I should buy to fill in my PS2 collection, when I get a job again, list.

Whats with the weird box art? Is it a reprint? The original box art had the guys fist going through the other guys mouth and out the back of his neck...

[quote name='genfuyung']Whats with the weird box art? Is it a reprint? The original box art had the guys fist going through the other guys mouth and out the back of his neck...[/quote]
Was that ever the boxart or just the promotional art for it?

[quote name='genfuyung']Whats with the weird box art? Is it a reprint? The original box art had the guys fist going through the other guys mouth and out the back of his neck...[/QUOTE]

The box never had the fist going through the dude's head (it would've been too graphic for store shelves). That variant of the art was only used for the magazine ad. But the actual box has always used the version with the fist in front of the dude's head.

[quote name='Thrinn']Wow, that magazine ad would have made a much, much better cover.[/QUOTE]

And you think that Toys R Us would have been okay with putting that on the shelves?

Graphic violence is a no-no for game boxes, for this reason.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']So how does this game have scores all over the place? It's got a 3 on IGN but an 8 on Gamespot. Those two are usually close to one another. Oh well it's got a 75% composite score so I'll take a mental note to add it to the games I should buy to fill in my PS2 collection, when I get a job again, list.[/quote]
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps2/godhand?q=God Hand

73 out of 100 with critics, 8.5 out of 10 with users.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']And you think that Toys R Us would have been okay with putting that on the shelves?

Graphic violence is a no-no for game boxes, for this reason.[/quote]
I do wonder how Dead Space got away with its cover.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']So how does this game have scores all over the place? It's got a 3 on IGN but an 8 on Gamespot.[/QUOTE]
Because the guy who wrote the review for IGN is a fucking idiot who deserves to be punched in the face.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']I do wonder how Dead Space got away with its cover.[/QUOTE]

The Dead Space cover is seriously, seriously pushing it.

*sigh* I miss the days when gamers could think for themselves and not worry about review scores. How bout just trying it? Its $10. If you hate it I'm sure you can make your money back online.

[quote name='Distrato']*sigh* I miss the days when gamers could think for themselves and not worry about review scores.[/quote]
When the hell was that? Back in the old days, before the internet was around, people HAD to rely on others' opinions before buying a game and renting wasn't an option. Otherwise, you lead a chance of being saddled with a terrible game that you thought was going to be good.

[quote name='Tsukento']When the hell was that? Back in the old days, before the internet was around, people HAD to rely on others' opinions before buying a game and renting wasn't an option. Otherwise, you lead a chance of being saddled with a terrible game that you thought was going to be good.[/quote]

as far back as the NES days, renting has always been an option.

[quote name='Distrato']*sigh* I miss the days when gamers could think for themselves and not worry about review scores. How bout just trying it? Its $10. If you hate it I'm sure you can make your money back online.[/quote]
Or I could make an informed decision by checking multiple reviews and impressions and save myself the trouble in the first place. People (should) do their research before buying a car or washing machine, why shouldn't they with games?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ragnorok64']Or I could make an informed decision by checking multiple reviews and impressions and save myself the trouble in the first place. People (should) do their research before buying a car or mashing machine, why shouldn't they with games?[/QUOTE]

Disastro just wants to sounds intelligent and independent-minded.

[quote name='wildnuts02']as far back as the NES days, renting has always been an option.[/quote]
Not if you had a family that didn't feel like going back and forth to a video store just to rent a video game. :p

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Because the guy who wrote the review for IGN is a fucking idiot who deserves to be punched in the face.[/quote]This. He didn't get it, and he probably sucks at games. God Hand is punishing, but rewarding. It may not be for everyone, but it's definitely not a 3.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']I'm a huge beat-'em-up/hack-n-slash fan, but thought God Hand was horrible. Even at 10 bucks it's a rip off, IMO.[/QUOTE]

That's the problem, it's not quite beat-em-up or hack n' slash. It's more of a hardcore action game along the lines of DMC and NG. Possibly even more hardcore than those games. It's hard as hell and deep as hell.

[quote name='emperordahc']Got a big order going in within a few days. Might toss this in there if they have it back to $10.[/QUOTE]
... aaaaannndddd Amazon doesn't have it back in stock yet. :(

[quote name='lanzarlaluna']This. He didn't get it, and he probably sucks at games. God Hand is punishing, but rewarding. It may not be for everyone, but it's definitely not a 3.[/QUOTE]

Definitely. It's at least a 3.1 or possibly a 3.2

[quote name='whoknows']Definitely. It's at least a 3.1 or possibly a 3.2[/QUOTE]

Put a 1 or maybe even a 2 in front of either of those and I'd say that would be pretty accurate, assuming we're still talking about a scale of 1 to 10.

for anyone who has played this, is "normal" difficulty that bad considering I've heard complaints about the difficulty in general

bread's done
Back