Amazon Gold Box 6/7/10-06/11/10 (deals all week long)

[quote name='eau']1PM - Your friendly neighborhood superhero is coming. Watch him battle villains like The Green Goblin, Doc Ock, and Sandman. Game or movie?

4PM - Tackle Square Enix's latest RPG

6PM - The newest franchise from RPG masters Square Enix[/QUOTE]

1PM: Spider-Man - The High Definition Trilogy
4PM: NIER (PS3)
6PM: NIER (360)

---------

Hopefully Nier's deal is good, was waiting for it to be cheap... but more than likely Amazon won't have it lower than $39.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
yea I would guess the spider-man thing is a movie, games aren't much for watching.

FFXIII and Nier seem like good guesses for the other 2.

[quote name='Cheeseknight28']1PM: Spider-Man: Web of Shadows (I'm guessing, it's the only one released remotely recently)
[/QUOTE]
Nope, Web of Shadows has none of those villains in it. So I'd go with blu ray.

[quote name='Trace17']4pm is Nier PS3 and 6pm is Nier 360.

Source: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...569542&pf_rd_i=193640011&tag=cheapassgam08-20

You can start figuring out the rest of the week too, but I think these update at 2 am each day if you want to know.[/QUOTE]

These are all fairly obvious games. It also confirms that both of today's games are NIER.

Eidos game is Just Cause 2, Space opera is Mass Effect, Shepard is Mass Effect 2, and B company is Battlefield Bad Company 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='melon-juice']wow awesome link... they have that every week? omg i just noticed BSG blu ray on tues.... sweet[/QUOTE]

It pisses me off that these links are hard to find within amazon. I missed the daily deal last month on Bayonetta because of this. :bomb:

On a sidenote, looks like FFXIII will be the DotD for Wednesday. I'm hoping it will be around $30-35.

Some stuff to look out for:
Tues: Star Ocean
Tue/Wed: Just Cause 2
Wed: FFXIII
Thur: Mass Effect 2
Fri: FIFA South Africa, and Bad Company 2

I haven't gotten Mass Effect 2 yet, so I will be keeping my eye on that one...

Edit: ^ Beat me to it.

Looks like Just Cause 2, Mass Effect 2 and Battlefield Bad Company 2 are also going to be deals this week.

[quote name='melon-juice']wow awesome link... they have that every week? omg i just noticed BSG blu ray on tues.... sweet[/QUOTE]

They do it once in awhile, maybe once or twice a year, along with the other special days like Wii/PS3 etc.

I have been waiting for Nier to go down in price as I heard the story and gameplay are great, but the graphics were last gen. Now if you had the choice and heard through sources, would it be better to get this on the PS3 or 360? I'm asking because they are selling at different times and is there any known difference between the two like there was with Bayonetta? Also, is there a chance it could be cheaper for one system over the other?

Hoping for a good Just Cause 2 deal on Wednesday, I don't think Nier will be under $40 though.

Dang it. I'll be asleep for the PS3 Nier. I could wake up at 5am, but I need that extra 2 hours badly. I won't feel so bad if the game ends up being anything over 30 though. Which it probably will.

Wait. Nevermind. I thought the times were EST. I should be up by then for the PS3 version.

Sweet! I have been waiting for a sale on Star Ocean for Xbox 360, and tomorrow night it looks like I'll get it. Hopefully it's $19.99! :D

I always wanted this... wonder if it will drop below $100.

Tuesday
6am - 9am PST
• Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series [Blu-ray]

[quote name='Static-Jak']Agreed. Would be nice to nab that set for a reasonable price. I have no clue why it's always been so expensive![/QUOTE]

Especially considering only Spider-Man 3 has the special features from it's DVD release. The other two are totally barebones.

[quote name='Tarskidx']I have been waiting for Nier to go down in price as I heard the story and gameplay are great, but the graphics were last gen. Now if you had the choice and heard through sources, would it be better to get this on the PS3 or 360? I'm asking because they are selling at different times and is there any known difference between the two like there was with Bayonetta? Also, is there a chance it could be cheaper for one system over the other?[/QUOTE]

There is a chance it could be cheaper for one than the other, but its a very very very small chance.

AFAIK, the PS3/360 versions are nearly identical. The game looks like a PS2 game ported to HD anyhow (that's not to say I didn't enjoy what I played, and I hope its semi-cheap )

The only game there that interest me is Last Cause 2. FF13 and Nier arent really my kind of games. Im pretty sure LC2 was a lightning deal or dotd a few days ago, anyone remember the price?

YES!!! I've been waiting patiently for this. I have about $80 trade in credit, on top of $30 promo credit and I've been holding out for a good deal on NieR and/or RDR. I doubt Red Dead will be on the list, but if NieR is cheap enough, i'll just bite on it, Red Dead and maybe another game for nothing out of pocket!

I can't wait!! :D

Wouldn't mind seeing a good price on The Universe, though its merits on BR seem debatable. Why do you think "Futuristic space opera RPG" means the first Mass Effect? Why would they have a Lightning Deal on a $10 game?

[quote name='InvaderZim']I always wanted this... wonder if it will drop below $100.

Tuesday
6am - 9am PST
• Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series [Blu-ray][/QUOTE]

I'm wondering this as well.. I'm going to get it if it does.

Tuesday, June 8th, 1pm - 4pm PST
• Open world sequel by Eidos for the PS3

Wonder if JC2 will hit the $30 price point... also wondering where I'll be able to scrounge up the money if it does. :X

$44.99 for all three Spidy movies on Blu-Ray. Not bad. I would have bit if I didn't see Movie 1 and 2 as much as I already have and if I didn't hate movie 3 so much...

8pm - 10pm PST
• Futuristic space opera RPG for the Xbox 360. I searched on google, and a gamespot link came up with Star Ocean: The Last Hope. Their description was exactly the same, Futuristic space opera RPG. Now I'm hoping for the PS3 deal.

[quote name='OddLogik']The only game there that interest me is Last Cause 2. FF13 and Nier arent really my kind of games. Im pretty sure LC2 was a lightning deal or dotd a few days ago, anyone remember the price?[/QUOTE]

aaaaaannnnnnnddddd... rofl

NieR (PS3) $40.99.......

Any chance the 360 version will be any cheaper? And even though I've been looking for a nice drop in price for the game, isn't $41 still a bit much for a game that didn't sell gangbusters?

Arrgh, I have been wanting to get this game but I have a feeling it will drop more sooner rather than later. I will control myself and wait...

[quote name='awsookysooky']Does everyone think Mass Effect 2 will be around $30? No use being greedy and hoping for $25 or even $19.99?[/QUOTE]

Amazon has Mass Effect 2 for $40 right now. $30 is an entirely reasonable price to hope for.

...And finally a price for me to bite on. Been wanting my own copy of this for oh so long. Feels criminal to not own my favorite 360 game.

I bit for $20.99, thanks to games credit. Amazing how expiring credit will make you want to purchase games that you never would have bought before. Thanks OP.

I must be the only one happy to see Nier. Is Kmart still selling Resonance of Fate for $37.99? That's where I got my copy. Worth a shot.

bread's done
Back