Amazon Goldbox: 007 BloodStone $19.99 (Deader than a dead man)

I played both. I wanted to not hate but I still ended up hating. I say pass on both.

Blood Stone is a total pass but probably $10 is acceptable. It should hit $20 before long anyway.

I would have to disagree, I got both during Black Friday sales and loved them . If they are in fact $29.99, I would encourage any Bond fan to pick them up!

[quote name='nashthestampede']I would have to disagree, I got both during Black Friday sales and loved them . If they are in fact $29.99, I would encourage any Bond fan to pick them up![/QUOTE]

same here, i loved them both. especially goldeneye.

GoldenEye was great, except that the ending fell a little flat. Still, it's fun and it has quite a good online multiplayer component. I just wish the offline multi had more options, like including bots. I have to say that this is the premiere online multiplayer game for the Wii.

I still haven't tried Bloodstone, but once it hits $15 or below, I'm grabbing it.

35.99 is a weak-ass price not a cheap-ass price.
And, 19.99 is a sweet-ass-cheap-ass price So i bought one bloodstone for 360. Thanks OP.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't played Blood Stone, but Goldeneye is brilliant. Best FPS I've played in years, in terms of pure fun.

[quote name='spawn33']Eh, the one walmart had a couple days ago included the gold controller for $4.00 more....[/QUOTE]
And a tee shirt LOL

Nice! Best Buy/EZTradein is offering $27 for the 360 version currently. Not much of a profit, I know, but it also basically means I'm being paid to rent the game lol.

Blood Stone trades in for $20 at Amazon so it's basically a free/cheap rental. Like new copies sell for $26-30 on ebay as well.

In for one. Finally hit a price I was willing to pay!

[quote name='ssjmichael']Blood Stone trades in for $20 at Amazon so it's basically a free/cheap rental. Like new copies sell for $26-30 on ebay as well.[/QUOTE]

That's what I did. Already locked in the price and with 2 day shipping will have 4-5 days to beat it.

Damn, i don't have much time to decide now, 20 dollars does seem like a decent price considering you guys pointed out the trade values are pretty much equal or higher.

[quote name='mxpowar']$20 was my buy price. Thanks a lot, OP![/QUOTE]

That was my buy price also so i picked it up.

p.s.

What ended up being the deal on Goldeneye?

[quote name='ajh2298']That was my buy price also so i picked it up.

p.s.

What ended up being the deal on Goldeneye?[/QUOTE]

You didn't miss anything -- $35. The $40 Walmart deal w/the gold controller was better, obviously.

[quote name='Heavyd814life']Still too high a price for a game that takes virtually no time to beat. I'll pass til it hits the $10 mark[/QUOTE]I'll have to agree with you on that one. I'm sure this will be a $15 pickup from Amazon before too long. 5-6 hour games with limited/non-popular MP aren't big money draws for most CAGs.

[quote name='shrike4242']I'll have to agree with you on that one. I'm sure this will be a $15 pickup from Amazon before too long. 5-6 hour games with limited/non-popular MP aren't big money draws for most CAGs.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I just watched the review on Gametrailers...even for 20 it doesn't really seem worth the time.

[quote name='NeuralFizz']Yeah I just watched the review on Gametrailers...even for 20 it doesn't really seem worth the time.[/QUOTE]

I agree... I have this on my $9.99 gamefly list.. it'll hit that price eventually.

Kevin

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']Thanks to football I missed the Bloodstone deal :( Oh well I'm sure it will be $20 again soon.[/QUOTE]

The deal is still good just click on the options, I just added them to my cart,

any opinions on which system to get it for?

EDIT: I went for the ps3 version since I have qos on that system already.

[quote name='shrike4242']I'll have to agree with you on that one. I'm sure this will be a $15 pickup from Amazon before too long. 5-6 hour games with limited/non-popular MP aren't big money draws for most CAGs.[/QUOTE]

Which makes more sense:

1.) Paying $15 later when the resell value has plummeted

2.) Buying it at $20 now and either trading it back to Amazon for the same amount, or selling it on ebay for $25-30. In other words, FREE or make money after playing it.

Based on the comments posted here, I'm going to have to say option 2 makes more sense.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Which makes more sense:

2.) Buying it at $20 now and either trading it back to Amazon for the same amount, or selling it on ebay for $25-30. In other words, FREE or make money after playing it.

Based on the comments posted here, I'm going to have to say option 2 makes more sense.[/QUOTE]

Sure, getting it now when you can break even or earn a few bucks makes practical sense, but that's IF you are going to play it straight away, and IF you aren't already embroiled in another game that takes up your time, etc etc etc. Even when it's cheap, you can probably get back close to what you pay on a GS promo deal.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Sure, getting it now when you can break even or earn a few bucks makes practical sense, but that's IF you are going to play it straight away, and IF you aren't already embroiled in another game that takes up your time, etc etc etc. Even when it's cheap, you can probably get back close to what you pay on a GS promo deal.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't the fact that you can trade it now to get all the money give someone the incentive to just hold off playing anything else and beat the game? I mean by shrike's own quote, the game is only 5-6 hours long. If someone can't hold off playing anything else for 5-6 hours then maybe they have bigger issues. I have games I'm playing, but if I know I have a game that has to be beaten quickly to resell for top value, I'm going to play it first, beat it, trade it, then resume whatever I was playing. It's not like holding off on playing your keeper games is going to affect you much.

[quote name='skiizim']The deal is still good just click on the options, I just added them to my cart,

any opinions on which system to get it for?

EDIT: I went for the ps3 version since I have qos on that system already.[/QUOTE]

can you explain a bit more.i tried adding it to my cart and its showing full price.

Based on the comments posted here, I'm going to have to say option 2 makes more sense.[/QUOTE]I agree that option 2 makes more sense, though for me to sit down with a game right now and have 5-6 hours of uninterrupted time to play a game before it would have to be shipped out isn't feasible right now.

If people can go through and do the buy at $20, lock in their trade and then ship it out before the timeframe of trade-in has it shipped, more power to them. Even with 2-day shipping, it would arrive on Wednesday, so you'd have to blow through it between then and the 15th to get the $20 nailed down.

Based on the comments posted here, I'm going to have to say option 2 makes more sense.[/QUOTE]

It's only free if you're paying for it with credit. Otherwise, you're still spending $20.

[quote name='dino88']It's only free if you're paying for it with credit. Otherwise, you're still spending $20.[/QUOTE]

Who says youre trading it back into Amazon ;)

bread's done
Back