Amazon Happy Birthday Sale: Blurays and DVDs up to 60% off. 10/17-10/25

Eclipse

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Wow, surprised nobody has posted this yet. Just ran into this new sale.. 25-60% off a ton of DVDs and Blurays especially. Really good stuff in here, I went ahead and found some of the better movies in the lot.

Amazon Birthday Sale

Some of the better deals/flicks:

East Bound& Down First Season(DVD): $15
Eastbound & Down: The Complete First Season

The Hangover(Bluray): $13
The Hangover (Unrated Edition) [Blu-ray]

BladeRunner 5 Disc Collectors Edition(Bluray): $23.49
Blade Runner (Five-Disc Complete Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray]

2001: A Space Odyssey(BluRay): $12.49
2001: A Space Odyssey [Blu-ray]

Logans Run(BluRay): $8.49
Logan's Run [Blu-ray]

Terminator Salvation: Directors Cut (BluRay): $13.99
Terminator Salvation (Director's Cut) [Blu-ray]

Ninja Assassin(BluRay): $16.49
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0035V35PI

Last edited by a moderator:
Eastbound & down was $10 during last year's black friday... wont be surprised if its the same this year

Hangover has been around 13$ at best buy for a while now, as well as less on gohastings ($10 used)

2001 Space Odyssey is regularly $7-10 everywhere

Logan's Run is frequently on sale for $7-8 at Best Buy/Amazon/WBShop

T:Salvation is reguarly on sale for ~13$ at Best Buy/gohastings/WBShop

Ninja Assassin is pure shit, spending even $10 on this is a rip off

Trick 'r Treat is also $7-8 at BB/WBShop/amazon recently

The Wire is $70-80 at Amazon/BB/WBshop several times a year

yada yada yada

in other words: "sale" sucks, thats why it hasnt been posted. ALL if these are/were reguarly found cheaper or at least same price. I'm just too lazy to point them ALL out.

P.S. Wizard of OZ seems like a good deal at $15. i think its same price at BB B&M right now, or at least it was last week, still good. although this close to November/Black Friday week(s) i would wait.

[quote name='postulio']
yada yada yada
[/QUOTE]

I think you should take it easy, instead of going so out of your way to say how much this sale sucks with your blanket post. It doesn't suck, there are so many titles on sale there are bound to be a few pretty good deals. I just thought It'd be nice to point out the more noteworthy titles.

Its called a 'Happy Birthday' sale because people might not want to wait till BLACK FRIDAY to buy someone a gift if theirs is somebody's is coming up before that event. Take a second and think about it. Using Black Friday as a blanket about when to buy stuff is stupid, not everyone wants to wait.

Jesus. :(

I bought the Wire on eBay used for about $50-ish, but it was a Chinese knockoff. I figure I'll re-buy the real version sometime when it's 60-70 on sale, but not at 105...the ones I have are almost as good on PQ, I just want to have a real set.

Mr. Show The Complete Collection for $19.99. Best deal in this sale that I found until I couldn't take it anymore.

The thing I hate about these sales is how Amazon has 800 items, listed completely randomly over the spread of what feels like 2,000 pages.

Pee-Wee's Big Adventure for $9.99 on DVD? Is that really the best price they could do?

I noticed they have Mr Show Season 1 and 2 for $10.49 which sounds decent. They also have the complete collection for $19.99. I've been meaning to pick these up for a while so I might get it.

[quote name='mr_bungle']^That's not really part of their birthday sale. I'd been eyeing those, the whole set's been 20 for awhile.[/QUOTE]

I haven't checked the prices on them in a while but I figured they've gotten a lot cheaper since (they used to be like $30-40 last I checked), but they were in is in the Birthday sale section so I figured I'd mention them

Ah, that's cool then. Just gonna say if you weren't chomping at the bits, they should still be close to this after the sale.

I don't get it - Blade Runner was $20 at Best Buy for the longest time, then a few months back it started creeping back up to $25 and $30. It'll get a lot cheaper around Christmas.

The guy that's in Eastbound and Down is from my hometown. My cousin went to school with him. I haven't watched a single episode... I keep meaning to. The stuff that I have seen is hilarious.

[quote name='Eclipse']I think you should take it easy, instead of going so out of your way to say how much this sale sucks with your blanket post. It doesn't suck, there are so many titles on sale there are bound to be a few pretty good deals. I just thought It'd be nice to point out the more noteworthy titles.

Its called a 'Happy Birthday' sale because people might not want to wait till BLACK FRIDAY to buy someone a gift if theirs is somebody's is coming up before that event. Take a second and think about it. Using Black Friday as a blanket about when to buy stuff is stupid, not everyone wants to wait.

Jesus. :([/QUOTE][quote name='Squall835']Yeah, but people don't have to go into douche overload and list several reasons why it sucks, like the person a few posts up.[/QUOTE]

i like when people are informed, so that they can make informed buying decisions.

i don't want someone to look at this, and think 105$ is a good price for the wire, because it isn't. we're here as a collective to save each other money. part of that is informing people when its good to buy, and when its not.

not trying to hurt anyone's feelings but I'm also not gonna let a crap deal/sale like this sit here and collect people's limited money.

perhaps people shouldn't be so sensitive and treat their posts like gospel.

P.S. Leave Jesus out of this. Although I'm pretty sure he thinks this sale sucks too.

[quote name='postulio']i like when people are informed, so that they can make informed buying decisions.

I don't want someone to look at this, and think 105$ is a good price for the wire, because it isn't. We're here as a collective to save each other money. Part of that is informing people when its good to buy, and when its not.

Not trying to hurt anyone's feelings but i'm also not gonna let a crap deal/sale like this sit here and collect people's limited money.

Perhaps people shouldn't be so sensitive and treat their posts like gospel.

P.s. Leave jesus out of this. Although i'm pretty sure he thinks this sale sucks too.[/quote]

+1

Hows that price for the 5 disc Blade Runner blu ray? I haven't really looked into prices for that movie recently, seems pretty good.

[quote name='fishphoenix']Hows that price for the 5 disc Blade Runner blu ray? I haven't really looked into prices for that movie recently, seems pretty good.[/QUOTE]

Its the lowest price for a new copy as of now. If you get an additional item for $1.50, you'll get free shipping over $25. Anyway, check the pricegrabber link below.
The cheapest is a Glyde listing at $21.50 shipped, but its for a used copy.
http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=118510602/search=bladerunner+bluray/st=query

Eastbound and Down is a hilarious show, it's a must see for anyone that likes to laugh! I already own it, but I will be taking advantage of this sale so I can scoop up one of the funniest movies of all time, The Hangover.
cool2.gif
:lol:

[quote name='crazedracerguy']The guy that's in Eastbound and Down is from my hometown. My cousin went to school with him. I haven't watched a single episode... I keep meaning to. The stuff that I have seen is hilarious.[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back