Amazon Has PS4s right now!

You really think the PS4 will drop $100 in a year and a half with the rate its selling?
Alway possible, they make more money with how many games they sell, not on the hardware. Plus the expense of making a PS4 should track with the expense of making current PC tech since they are similiar and PC tech almost always costs go down as PC tech improves.

Unless sales really start to slow down, I doubht $100 will be taken off in a little over a year. The most you will see is $50 if that.

Sony favors Florida confirmed.
Well, I shouldn't generalize since I don't know what the situation is in every corner of the state, but these things are not difficult to find in Tampa/Orlando. Pretty sure we have a higher average of big box retailers per capita, though. I'm not doubting the shortages elsewhere...it's just funny whenever I see these threads crop up. Come to Florida if you want one, I guess. Make sure to pack a handgun.

they drop the price to complete with xone. If microsoft can drop 100 so can sony.
If your console is selling like hotcakes, you don't drop the price. Microsoft needs to drop their price, not sony.

STOP. Wishes aren't business analysis.

If xboxone drops to $399 by thanksgiving (and even they would go the bundle route first), what you'll see is a bundle (extra game and/or controller) from Sony as Impact Player said, not a price drop. That makes no sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Microsoft is not dropping their price. The Wii U price dropped due to not being able to move units. Xbone is not having problems like the Wii U did.

So it wouldn't make sense for the ps4 to drop either.

Microsoft is not dropping their price. The Wii U price dropped due to not being able to move units. Xbone is not having problems like the Wii U did.

So it wouldn't make sense for the ps4 to drop either.
And even then the Wii U price drop didn't happen until it was on the market for 10 months.

MLB the Show looks incredible and is releasing in May IIRC. Only MLB game coming out this year.
R.B.I Baseball 14 is coming this year for consoles and mobile devices. I doubt it will be any good but its another MLB gaming coming out this year

Yeah my gamestop said they could get me one too... if I was willing to buy a $600+ MSRPfest bundle

GS has a bundle with NBA2K14 for $449.

You do realize there is a lot more to this country (thank god) than just the part of Florida you live in right?
I was not aware of that, oh yeah I was, because I live in Atlanta as well, the GS Store there have them as well. Targets are a no, and the BBs are a no. By the way, what's a country? And can you tell about the other parts that exist?

GS has a bundle with NBA2K14 for $449.
Link? I know that GS is pushing a PS4/NBA 2K14 bundle but it also had a year of PS+ and was well over $449...

The Gamestop inventory tracker is actually very accurate. It's funny that all the "My city has soooooo many" are the people who claim that the tracker doesn't work when they get called out.

Link? I know that GS is pushing a PS4/NBA 2K14 bundle but it also had a year of PS+ and was well over $449...

The Gamestop inventory tracker is actually very accurate. It's funny that all the "My city has soooooo many" are the people who claim that the tracker doesn't work when they get called out.
(813) 926-3667

I just called them, said no PS4's in stock, so then Kaley caught an attitude, because I said you have the NBA2K14 Bundle in your store window, she said I don't know how else to explain to you that we do not have any, I said well explain to me why you are advertising the bundle in your store window that says "SAVE $10, $449, COME ON IN", she said that is a in-web advertising that you could place an order in their store and have it shipped to your house.

lol, oh how I hate GS and everything they represent. So glad I never give them any of my money.

I haven't tried GS's tracker, but I have seen them in Gamestop. BBY's website has shown unavailable for store pickup since launch despite being available. Target currently has them in stock as well, lol. Again, I'm not saying supply isn't constrained in parts of the country but they're easily had here.

Out of all the trackers I've found GS's to be BY FAR the worst. Cannot tell you how many times I went to reserve something for pickup and got the "we're sorry" email. Or how many times it said something was there and I called or stopped in for it to not only be there, but for them to tell me they definitely didn't even sell one that day. This is a combination of 4 GS's locally and another couple a little further out.

I know in my area I can easily find an Xbox One but PS4's are constantly sold out. Since launch I've maybe seen PS4's in stock only 4 or 5 times and usually the next day they're gone.

I haven't tried GS's tracker, but I have seen them in Gamestop. BBY's website has shown unavailable for store pickup since launch despite being available. Target currently has them in stock as well, lol. Again, I'm not saying supply isn't constrained in parts of the country but they're easily had here.
You do understand that those are "display" boxes in gamestop and best buy right? Every gamestop I've been to has had hang tags for the PS4 camera behind the register and then little display boxes for the PS4 camera in the PS4 section as well as PS4 boxes in the PS4 section but they haven't had a single camera for over a month and have had very few PS4's.

But whatever. People can say they see them everywhere... but we all know for a fact that if that's what the inventory checker said you'd be throwing the links out to confirm.

You do understand that those are "display" boxes in gamestop and best buy right? Every gamestop I've been to has had hang tags for the PS4 camera behind the register and then little display boxes for the PS4 camera in the PS4 section as well as PS4 boxes in the PS4 section but they haven't had a single camera for over a month and have had very few PS4's.

But whatever. People can say they see them everywhere... but we all know for a fact that if that's what the inventory checker said you'd be throwing the links out to confirm.
You're suggesting I confused empty display boxes for the real thing? As if a) I'm unable to discern the difference and b) I couldn't simply ask an employee if there were any available? Not sure why it's so hard to believe people from the same area corroborating the same story. Again, GS's website is shit and I hardly go in there, but they had some (albeit bundled). Target currently has a few, as well as Wal-Mart and BBY. You can just as easily verify as anyone if our claims seem suspicious, lol.

You do understand that those people could be telling the truth? Just because you may not see any available near you, doesn't mean others don't see them readily available.

Out of all the trackers I've found GS's to be BY FAR the worst. Cannot tell you how many times I went to reserve something for pickup and got the "we're sorry" email. Or how many times it said something was there and I called or stopped in for it to not only be there, but for them to tell me they definitely didn't even sell one that day. This is a combination of 4 GS's locally and another couple a little further out.
I use the GS app often. Just bought the last copy of a game at a store this morning and the app updated to unavailable. I verified because I was trying to get a second copy and they only had one available.

Put it on credit and pay it off when you get your taxes. You won't be charged interest if you pay within 30 days, and even then... it would still be very low.
I have the money. I just told myself that I'll buy it when my taxes come in. As of now still in stock. I have to go to the store so if I find one there I may grab.

Have to agree with all the people saying these are readily available. In my location (NYC) you can't even scalp these anymore, I learned the hard way. My store usually has a lot in stock but my friend works in Target and they only get 2 a week, and sometimes none for the week. Not sure why.
I mean I know that Sony is shipping this out to around 70 countries and they're having a hard time with supply because of that but I don't understand why bother sending only 2 to a store.

When the ps3 first launched the slim didn't come out until about 3 years later so if they follow the same pattern you looking at around November 2016 for a slim
Good. Maybe by then they'll actually have a handful of games that are either only on it or that it's version is the definitive edition.

(The same goes for the Xbox One, too.)

At some point, I'm sure they'll come in to their own, but I'm not about to be their early adopter.
That was the lesson last generation taught me.
Early adopters get sparse libraries, long waits, more likely to be faulty hardware and for all of this, they get to pay more too!
Never again.

Hm.. Pretty much every Best Buy, Target and Gamestop around me has it in stock now. If only they would go on sale
Same here. I see them all over the place now. My local Best Buy has a stack of them like 6 feet high and 6 feet wide and no, they are not empty boxes. Ok, maybe the stack is a bit smaller than that, but its a pretty big stack. Just stopped by my local Target yesteday as well and they had a bunch of them in the case with the games. I don't shop at Gamestop so I cant speak to their stock level. The initial sell out phase is clearly ending much sooner than previous generations.

MSRP is not a deal folks.

R.B.I Baseball 14 is coming this year for consoles and mobile devices. I doubt it will be any good but its another MLB gaming coming out this year
What?! Fantastic. I've been buying up all the RBI baseball games that I've missed lately so this is great news. Next you'll tell me they are re-doing Pro Wrestling and Baseball Stars ala NES style on the new consoles.

On topic, MSRP is not a deal

MSRP is not a deal folks.

What?! Fantastic. I've been buying up all the RBI baseball games that I've missed lately so this is great news. Next you'll tell me they are re-doing Pro Wrestling and Baseball Stars ala NES style on the new consoles.

On topic, MSRP is not a deal
I guess you should report this thread right to cheapy so he can delete it.

Oh wait, that won't happen because it makes money.

I dont understand. Even when they sold out, they said it wouldnt be available til March/April.

I dont understand. Even when they sold out, they said it wouldnt be available til March/April.
Well, it's March.

Best buy's site has it in stock again. Last time both had it, they were in stock for several weeks before going out of stock for a long time.

Not sure where you guys live but I just got back from Target and my store still has NO PS4's in stock.

Just went to Best Buy to buy Catching Fire.  Asked the clerk for a PS4.  He told me they had none but they had over 30 Xbox Ones. 

Lucky, in California you can't find any PS4's or Xbox Ones. They should ship those over to cities where they would sell.

Lucky, in California you can't find any PS4's or Xbox Ones. They should ship those over to cities where they would sell.
I live in the OC. I see Xbox Ones sitting on the shelf at every Target I go to and at most Best Buys. I have not yet once seen a PS4 in stock on the shelf. However, I did manage to snag a PS4 at Costa Mesa Best Buy a couple of weeks ago. They got a couple in stock and I ordered online for pickup in store immediately.

I live in the OC. I see Xbox Ones sitting on the shelf at every Target I go to and at most Best Buys. I have not yet once seen a PS4 in stock on the shelf. However, I did manage to snag a PS4 at Costa Mesa Best Buy a couple of weeks ago. They got a couple in stock and I ordered online for pickup in store immediately.
I did this last week at the North Ave Chicago BBY location. That IL sales tax was murder on my wallet.

I have never witnessed a PS4 at any brick and mortar establishment. Insane to me this far from launch and still so hard to find.

I've seen one PS4 on a shelf at Target, once. Yesterday I saw 5 XBOX Ones, including a Day One Edition at the Northgate Seattle location.

bread's done
Back