Amazon Lighting Deals (Tues): Game of Thrones Art Book Bundle $12.99 - PS3 & more

[quote name='mars009']Mmm I don't know if I should jump. How's the art book?[/QUOTE]
Don't buy it just for the art book. It's somewhat interesting, but overall pretty meh. I was surprised by how much I liked the game, though. Gameplay is pretty awful, but the story and characters are top-notch. I think this is a must-buy for any fan of the books, and probably for all fans of the show, too.

[quote name='simmias']Don't buy it just for the art book. It's somewhat interesting, but overall pretty meh. I was surprised by how much I liked the game, though. Gameplay is pretty awful, but the story and characters are top-notch. I think this is a must-buy for any fan of the books, and probably for all fans of the show, too.[/QUOTE]

While I am a fan I was horribly disappointed by the 4th book and have heard that the 5th is also awful. Seems George is now just riding it, so I stopped reading them until he gets back to actually developing the story. Guess I'll pass

thanks OP, i grabbed it.

who cares how bad the game is, lol. Its 12.99 and I got a nice little extra in the art book, which is nice for collecting.

[quote name='ckc4043']Vita 4gb card..I had waited it for a long ..long time..[/QUOTE]
lol, funny thing is soon you're going to pray for a deal on 8gb. Then 16gb, then 32. :lol:

[quote name='mars009']While I am a fan I was horribly disappointed by the 4th book and have heard that the 5th is also awful. Seems George is now just riding it, so I stopped reading them until he gets back to actually developing the story. Guess I'll pass[/QUOTE]

The drop in quality from the 3rd book to the 4th is astounding. Way too much time spent on 3 characters that didn't develop enough to deserve it. It's not a total loss but after being barreling through book 3 I had to work to get through 4. Here's hoping he can get the series on the right track as it closes.

[quote name='inkcil']lol...360 version only $14.99[/QUOTE]

Not at the moment, the copies with the art book are oos at amazon, and the prices are ridiculously jacked up from the 3rd party sellers.

[quote name='mars009']Mmm I don't know if I should jump. How's the art book?[/QUOTE]

I just got my copy of the 360 version today (after spending four hours trying to figure out where FedEx hid the package.)

The art book is 64 pages, with about 50 pages devoted to art (there is also an interview with the devs, timelines, character relationships.) Seems like it is pretty decent quality, though a little bit more content probably wouldn't have hurt. Some of the landscape concept art is really nice.

Overall, I'm happy with paying $15 for the game and art book.

I ordered the GOT/Art Book bundle late friday as well and received it yesterday at the $14.99 price for 360. The art book is great, if your a fan of GoT it's a really nice add to any collection, great concept art. The game itself, is tough to call. I'm not too far into it yet, but I'm a big RPG lover in general and I love GoT/SoI&F so I've been really enjoying delving into the world and running into all these characters. The gameplay isn't anything notable, but I wouldn't say it's bad. Just generic, but the story is so far incredible and runs with the storyline of the books very well. Seeing the wall in game is badass!

How does it work if I'm on the wait list? Will they send me an email or just a pop up on my screen? I wanted game of thrones and heavy rain...

[quote name='kouleefoh']lol, funny thing is soon you're going to pray for a deal on 8gb. Then 16gb, then 32. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I decided to bite on the 4 for now. I figure with two 4s I can at least store a couple games between the two

[quote name='Rumors']I decided to bite on the 4 for now. I figure with two 4s I can at least store a couple games between the two[/QUOTE]

Yeah I just bit on the 4gb. I figure I can least put Uncharted on there and keep my other 4gb for game saves.

The IGN review (not the score), made it sound similar to Dragon Age -- except they gave it a low score, because of course it wasn't published by EA.

[quote name='tightclaws']Shit deals = fail.[/QUOTE]

....but...but...not lightning deals but...they got all xumba games on sale for $30 bucks;)

bread's done
Back