Amazon matched Band of Brothers Blu-ray sale 37.49

Costco B&M has Band of Brothers set on Blu-ray for $30 + tax until Dec. 24
I saw it on slickdeals...

Is this really worth upgrading from DVD? Did they add anything new to the set or is it the same as the DVD version just with HD quality picture. I'm always tempted to buy this so I can pass the DVD set onto a friend.

[quote name='Thongsy']Is this really worth upgrading from DVD? Did they add anything new to the set or is it the same as the DVD version just with HD quality picture. I'm always tempted to buy this so I can pass the DVD set onto a friend.[/QUOTE]

A giant upgrade in picture and sound aren't enough? Ah well, I've done the Googling for you:

HD Bonus Content: Any Exclusive Goodies in There?
Wow… I certainly wasn’t expecting this. Not only does the Blu-ray edition of ‘Band of Brothers’ come packed with exclusive features, it packs a PiP experience, an interactive timeline, and a collection of featurettes, interviews, and archive footage onto every episode of the miniseries (yep, all ten). As it stands, I’m simply floored by the value and quality of the supplemental package on this release.

• In the Words of Easy Company: Picture-in-Picture Commentaries -- First and foremost, each episode includes a PiP track loaded with interviews, anecdotes, horror stories, and observations from the actual surviving veterans who served in Easy Company. They discuss the differences between the miniseries and the battles they faced, the accuracy of the on-screen madness, and the haunting memories it stirred up for each of them. I know it’s an extra ten hours of precious time, but you would be well served by taking a few days and pounding through each track.
  • In the Field with the Men of Easy Company: Interactive Guides -- As if ten PiP tracks weren’t enough, you can also access a snazzy Field Guide interface with each episode. These guides house real time trivia, accessible video content, interactive maps, archive footage, and a glossary of WWII military terms, abbreviations, and slang. I hate to suggest spending another ten hours with the same ten episodes, but it’s completely worth it if you have the free time to sink into everything.

[quote name='lolwut?']A giant upgrade in picture and sound aren't enough? Ah well, I've done the Googling for you:[/QUOTE]

Man, think I'll have to call the wife at work and ask if I can purchase myself an early xmas present. I put off watching this for a long while since I'm so tired of WWII movies and games, but after watching all 10 parts in one day, I spent the next day watching the whole thing again. Those sweet extras give me another excuse to sit down with it again. Probably my favorite miniseries of all time, and I'm not big into war stuff to begin with.

[quote name='Nikadimas']Man, think I'll have to call the wife at work and ask if I can purchase myself an early xmas present. I put off watching this for a long while since I'm so tired of WWII movies and games, but after watching all 10 parts in one day, I spent the next day watching the whole thing again. Those sweet extras give me another excuse to sit down with it again. Probably my favorite miniseries of all time, and I'm not big into war stuff to begin with.[/QUOTE]

you have to ask your wife if you can spend 38$?

[quote name='postulio']you have to ask your wife if you can spend 38$?[/QUOTE]

Sometimes, if you don't listen to them they'll slap you.

I'm married, and I always run my purchases by my wife before I actually make them. Its out of respect. She would do the same for me.

[quote name='freshzen']Can you buy stuff at Costco without a membership? Can I get a guest/visitor pass and still buy stuff?[/QUOTE]

You can still buy stuff online from the Costco site but it will be more expensive.

I don't see guest/visitor passes from Costcos often. Most of the time it is BJ's Wholesale or Sams Club offering one day passes.

Seems like your milege will vary on getting Band of Brothers from Costco.

[quote name='freshzen']Can you buy stuff at Costco without a membership? Can I get a guest/visitor pass and still buy stuff?[/QUOTE]

You can buy online but its typically more expensive for non members and certain items found in store don't necessarily show up online either. (case in point are certain bluray(s) and box sets). The best way I have found (before getting my own card) was to find a friend, give them a specific amount of money and have them purchase/load a 'Costco Cash Card' which I then can use in both their warehouse locations and online without actually being a member.

the original DVD set includes an 80 minute documentary "we stand alone together" and a 30 min making of BOB featurette, are these included on the BD set? thanks

Damn I swear I bought some games at Costco years ago with a visitor pass type of thing, which I think they gave me so I could examine the store before buying a membership. I don't think there are any Costco's any where that isn't out of my way so I might just try to PM Target coupon at Best Buy first.

bread's done
Back