Amazon Matches Walmart: Pre-order Red Dead Redemption for $59 plus $20 Gift Card

[quote name='BouncingSoul']Come on, gamestop. Match these guys. Give me my $25 copy of RDR.[/QUOTE]
Seconded. I pre-ordered with GS today. $47.69 (after tax) with a $10 credit is awesome, but a $20 credit would be AMAZING.

Anyone know if you can cancel the preorder from gamestop, without messing up the rest of your 25OFF order? Could they charge me back the difference if my order was no longer over $100?

I myself was surprised that Amazon didn't have a bigger credit to begin with. This game is being hyped to the moon, but I guess they were just waiting to see what the competition was going to do as things got closer to release day.

I'm going to have to research and see how much substance Gamestop's "exclusive challenges" has to offer. $20 gift card and free release day shipping is going to be hard to pass up.

[quote name='Death by Kuvasz']I emailed for the same reason, the CSR assured me I would get the promotion, and said for any reason I did not to go to a link she gave me that would set everything straight. Have to wait and see I guess.

Getting it through them no matter what, have about $70 credit and it's the only thing I want for awhile.[/QUOTE]

what was the link she gave you?

[quote name='uthoria']every time I place an order the $20 gift card promotion is not included on my invoice email.

Typically there is a "Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a $20 Video Games promotional code. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships" message.

Ill wait a couple of days and retry. I want written proof on my invoice when dealing with these promotions.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I cancelled mine and wait a few day for Amazon to update this issue. I have no written words about the "congratulation" part. Usually Amazon has that on the receipt, but not this time.

Guys, is it possible to order both PS3 and 360 version from Amazon and get the stacked $40 promotion credits? Amazon says only one copy per customer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad I preordered it for 56.99, I am pretty sure they still provide the full new credit as part of their pre-order guarantee, not positive. I'm hoping it works with the new 20 for a slightly even better deal with the initial lower price.

[quote name='uthoria']every time I place an order the $20 gift card promotion is not included on my invoice email.

Typically there is a "Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a $20 Video Games promotional code. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships" message.

Ill wait a couple of days and retry. I want written proof on my invoice when dealing with these promotions.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this. I went back and looked at my confirmation and I hadn't got the grats message either. Contacted them. :bouncy:

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Thanks for posting this. I went back and looked at my confirmation and I hadn't got the grats message either. Contacted them. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

what did they say?

[quote name='uthoria']what did they say?[/QUOTE]

nothing yet.:cold:

edit: got confirmation and same link as other guy

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm new to ordering games on 1st day delivery (I usually do Gamestop)

I just pre ordered Red Dead Redemption with release day delivery and it comes with a $20 promotion by Amazon. When do I get my credit from Amazon? Is it only usable on games or can I do it on other stuff? Does it always come on release day?

Thanks.

I pre-ordered RDR from Gamestop.com a while back with the 25OFF coupon and recently e-mailed them to apply free overnight shipping (DEADEYE), which was offered after I ordered. They did that, no problem. If only they would match Amazon and Walmart's $20 GC offer. Has anybody successfully gotten GS to match it?

[quote name='CyReN']When do I get my credit from Amazon? Is it only usable on games or can I do it on other stuff?[/QUOTE]

The credit can be used on future video game purchases and usually appears within 3-5 days after the release date. There is an expiration date on the credit.

[quote name='Death by Kuvasz']I emailed for the same reason, the CSR assured me I would get the promotion, and said for any reason I did not to go to a link she gave me that would set everything straight. Have to wait and see I guess.

Getting it through them no matter what, have about $70 credit and it's the only thing I want for awhile.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mgsvr']Yea, I cancelled mine and wait a few day for Amazon to update this issue. I have no written words about the "congratulation" part. Usually Amazon has that on the receipt, but not this time.

Guys, is it possible to order both PS3 and 360 version from Amazon and get the stacked $40 promotion credits? Amazon says only one copy per customer.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Thanks for posting this. I went back and looked at my confirmation and I hadn't got the grats message either. Contacted them. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Guys....This is a gift card, not just a video game credit. They're handled a bit differently.
In this case you will not get the typical 'congrats' message in your email.
There in no cause for concern or a need to contact amazon; this in normal.

funny...I'd be fine with a game credit as well since I'll just be using it on Halo REACH preorder, but yes to confirm. It is a Gift Card (not a gaming credit).

bread's done
Back