"Amazon Mom" - 3 months of Amazon Prime free for Caregivers

ShockandAww

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
Go here to get started.

and here for the details/FAQ

If you're a caregiver of a child you can get 3 months of Prime for free. This will not stack on top of an existing Prime account, but it will give you the choice to switch to this offer instead and you'll receive a prorated refund on your existing prime account if you choose to switch to this.

Also "for each $25 you spend within a single order in the Baby store, we’ll grant you an additional month of Amazon Prime shipping benefits. You can earn up to one year from the date you joined Amazon Mom."

Your 3 months of Prime will not auto renew so you don't have to worry about being charged at any time.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ShockandAww']Yeah I may abuse any glitch I see and so on but that would be too low even for me. Thankfully I babysat for this one family one day in February so obviously I am a caregiver. I even bought the little brat a candy bar. Now that is some care giving shit. I only bought it for him because he threatened to tell his parents I was drinking their beer and had someone over but those are just details. The fact remains.

[/QUOTE]

lmfao

Worked for me. The only time I've signed up for a trial of prime was last year before black friday and it was only a 1 month trial.

Be on the lookout for this email, which I got about an hour ago. I'm not sure if everyone is getting this or not.

[FONT=verdana,arial,sans-serif]Dear Amazon Mom Member,

As a special holiday bonus, we've extended your Amazon Prime FREE Two-Day Shipping benefits by another month. It's just a thank-you from us for being a member. This time of year is busy for everyone--skip a trip to the store and use Amazon for all of your holiday shopping needs. Enjoy FREE Two-Day Shipping on millions of eligible items, from decorations to cooking supplies, and presents for the whole family.

While you're here, don't forget to shop in the Baby Store to earn additional months of Amazon Prime shipping benefits. Remember, for every $25 you spend within a single order in the Baby Store, we'll grant you an additional month of Amazon Prime shipping benefits. You can earn up to a year of Amazon Prime shipping benefits from the date you joined Amazon Mom, and this holiday bonus doesn't count against your total.

In the coming weeks we will send you an e-mail indicating how many months of shipping benefits you have earned.

Thanks for being a member of Amazon Mom and happy holidays,

The Amazon Mom Team
[/FONT]

I did this a while back and turned off auto-renew. It's great. Free two day shipping on most things is pretty baller.

[quote name='SirMikael']Be on the lookout for this email, which I got about an hour ago. I'm not sure if everyone is getting this or not.

As a special holiday bonus, we've extended your Amazon Prime FREE Two-Day Shipping benefits by another month. It's just a thank-you from us for being a member. This time of year is busy for everyone--skip a trip to the store and use Amazon for all of your holiday shopping needs. Enjoy FREE Two-Day Shipping on millions of eligible items, from decorations to cooking supplies, and presents for the whole family.

While you're here, don't forget to shop in the Baby Store to earn additional months of Amazon Prime shipping benefits. Remember, for every $25 you spend within a single order in the Baby Store, we'll grant you an additional month of Amazon Prime shipping benefits. You can earn up to a year of Amazon Prime shipping benefits from the date you joined Amazon Mom, and this holiday bonus doesn't count against your total.

In the coming weeks we will send you an e-mail indicating how many months of shipping benefits you have earned.

The Amazon Mom Team
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

got the same email

[quote name='SirMikael']Be on the lookout for this email, which I got about an hour ago. I'm not sure if everyone is getting this or not.

The Amazon Mom Team
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Me too. From what I can tell, my membership went from expiring on December 18th to being valid until January 17th, 2011.

[quote name='typical guy']Has anyone got their membership extended beyond 3 months yet?[/QUOTE]

No, and I have spent more than enough to get the max. We just bought a $200 car seat on BF in addition to several boxes of diapers (we have 2 kids still wearing them ;)).

Hopefully the extra month we just got is in addition to the 9 I expect to get from my purchases. It seems to indicate that in the email, though it isn't 100% clear:

You can earn up to a year of Amazon Prime shipping benefits from the date you joined Amazon Mom, and this holiday bonus doesn't count against your total.

Personally, I think they should just auto-renew anyone who spends a certain amount each year ("Amazon Mom" or not).

[quote name='sdclippers']So is amazon mom a year or 3 months?[/QUOTE]
It is 3 months free, plus an additional month (up to a year) for each $25 spent in a single order at the baby store. I dont see why video games are not in the baby store. They can never start too early. That's a joke..

[quote name='io']Personally, I think they should just auto-renew anyone who spends a certain amount each year ("Amazon Mom" or not).[/QUOTE]

This would be fantastic of them.

Nice, thanks for bumping this thread. I didn't get the e-mail, but I logged into my Amazon account and saw they'd extended my Prime by a month. Free Christmas shipping is key for me with family spread all over the place!

Yeah, my prime was set to expire on the 8th. What a nice present! (Especially considering how many hundreds of $$$$ I spent this last weekend on Amazon)

I have a little more than a month left. Started in September. Don't remember purchasing baby stuff. Maybe because I spent a crapload of money? Like $400...

i already spent too much money with prime the last 5 weeks... i did get the extra month but doubt i will use it... the massive backlog of games i got them will last them well into 2011

Back in oct i was thinking ... i buy a year of prime in Jan (i had prime since june and they credit me back 10 months) but now i doubt i will buy prime ... You end up spending way too much money when you have prime

Whoo-hoo, I just got notice that my Prime benefits were extended 9 months more - till October 2011. So it does look like the "free" month for the Holidays added on to the overall deal, making it 13 in total if you maxed out the earned part of it. We got 3 to start, the extra month, and then 9 more for qualifying purchases. And we had way more than 9 qualifying purchase amounts so that is the maximum. There was some question as to whether you could earn 12 more months or just 9 to make it a full 12 - turns out it was just 9 (but with the 1 extra for the holidays).

I had bought several boxes of diapers (2 kids currently in diapers) + a car seat that was a BF lightning deal. That put me well over the top.

[quote name='io']Whoo-hoo, I just got notice that my Prime benefits were extended 9 months more - till October 2011. So it does look like the "free" month for the Holidays added on to the overall deal, making it 13 in total if you maxed out the earned part of it. We got 3 to start, the extra month, and then 9 more for qualifying purchases. And we had way more than 9 qualifying purchase amounts so that is the maximum. There was some question as to whether you could earn 12 more months or just 9 to make it a full 12 - turns out it was just 9 (but with the 1 extra for the holidays).

I had bought several boxes of diapers (2 kids currently in diapers) + a car seat that was a BF lightning deal. That put me well over the top.[/QUOTE]
I'm still working on getting more months. I think if it were to expire without me adding any more, without the bonus month, I would end with 5 total. The diaper subscription was working out nicely, but lately I have been cancelling the order for them because the diapers were piling up after a while.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']I'm still working on getting more months. I think if it were to expire without me adding any more, without the bonus month, I would end with 5 total. The diaper subscription was working out nicely, but lately I have been cancelling the order for them because the diapers were piling up after a while.[/QUOTE]
Supposed to change them before they drag on the floor anyways;)

I joined this earlier this year and already got my membership extended by 9 months. Very happy with this service so far, in fact I think I have become spoiled by this service! Amazon has pretty decent baby/toddler items and competitive prices which I was not even aware of had it not been for this promotion.

In for free video game shipping, but turns out the diapers are crazy cheap $28-ish instead of $42. Just wish they'd had this when the kiddo was a newborn as we were going through crazy numbers of 'em back then (which would have meant many extended months of free shipping, curses).

[quote name='Major_Newbie']In for free video game shipping, but turns out the diapers are crazy cheap $28-ish instead of $42. Just wish they'd had this when the kiddo was a newborn as we were going through crazy numbers of 'em back then (which would have meant many extended months of free shipping, curses).[/QUOTE]
Yeah dude I just started doing this whole thing about a month ago- the baby is almost 10 months now. I wish I knew about it before because the diapers are mad cheap, plus you get free shipping on games. How can you lose?

I've been a member for a couple months and have already extended my prime to May, which the possibility (which will happen through more diapers purchases) to extend another 7 months after that.

This is a great deal.

[quote name='postnet92']i got a year for free does promotion autorenew[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure it does, once it comes close to that time I would call Amazon, as of right now I don't think you can cancel the subscription to Prime through the website and I know for myself I don't have $79 just lying around for nothing.

We bought $50+ worth of diapers and wipes this past month after I saw the Amazon Mom promotion thing on their website by pure accident. Not only are we saving money on diapers and stuff, but we have been using Amazon Prime like crazy. The two day shipping thing screwed me over recently, however, as my shipment for my wife's Xmas present was supposed to be here on Friday but for some reason it still isn't here--seems to have been stalled for a couple days via the tracking info. Everything was in stock and shipped out the same day, too. Seems like a fluke, but whatever.

I am a Prime member because of the diaper purchases until May. I'm sure I will max out my time frame, however, since we have a 17 month old.

amazon hooks students up with free prime membership for a year- if you're a mom with kids who have school email addresses, you can just use your kids' email for the verification.

I did this a while back and it worked great. Amazon even extended it a couple months too. I guess I bought enough stuff.

On the site it says that for every 25 dollars you spend on qualifying baby stuff you get one more month of Amazon Prime for free. I was checking out the diapers section and it says that you can save an additional 30% on diapers if you do the Subscribe and Save thing.

If I signed up for the $35 dollar diapers and then after the 30% discount the diapers are $24.50, do I qualify for the free months of Prime since the final cost of the order is less than $25.00?

Edit: Got my answer in the FAQ. For those of you who are wondering as well here is what the FAQ says:

• For each $25 you spend within a single order in the Baby Store, we’ll grant you an additional month of Amazon Prime shipping benefits. To determine whether your purchase qualifies, we will total the prices of the items in your order as displayed in your Shopping Cart (i.e. not including any sales tax, shipping or gift wrapping charges and prior to the application of any promotional discounts on the detail page, such as coupons and the Subscribe & Save discount).

• For example, if you purchased the Pampers Baby Dry Diapers as shown below for the current price of $30.00, you would earn an additional month of Amazon Prime shipping benefits. If you signed up for Subscribe & Save delivery on this item to receive an additional 30% off, the price will be reduced to $21.00 in the checkout process. However, you would still earn an additional month of Amazon Prime shipping benefits, because the size of your order is calculated based on the $30.00 price shown on the product detail page, before the promotional discount is applied.

bread's done
Back