Amazon - Nyko Wii Perfect Shot Gun - $14.99 In Stock

bingbangboom

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
[quote name='bingbangboom']http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...t_shr?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glanceThey said it is better than Nintendo's Wii Zapper but unfortunate that the Link's Crossbow training is not sold separate. I wonder if you can buy that alone?[/quote]

Yes, on eBay. Ebayers are buying two Zappers and trying to sell the Link's Crossbow Training separately. I bought my factory-sealed copy of LCT for $3.28 + shipping.

After reading the IGN review, I'm in for two. Seeing the shell in action for Ghost Squad (see video review) looked sweet. Can't wait to play this with HotD.

[quote name='JolietJake']Looks cool, but someone needs to show them what an actual shot gun looks like. That's a handgun.[/QUOTE]
It's supposed to be a "perfect shot" gun, as in a gun with the perfect shot. The words shot and gun are separate. Not a shotgun.

you gotta becareful with the wiimote's battery cover though... the the Zapper doesn't like the slightly fatter cover (i.e. the Nyko battery cover).

Since this gun is from Nyko, i think it will fit the Wimmote nicely (with or without the Nyko battery cover).

However, the other problem is, whatever happen to the Nunchuck? Hmmm....

[quote name='JolietJake']Ah, i no read good apparently....:whistle2:#[/quote]
actually, i had the same reaction... that's not a shotgun :)

Thanks OP, pre-ordered two since I don't have a Wii Zapper yet. I'll have to find Link's Crossbow Training seperately on eBay or something.

The Wii zapper reminds me of the old snes super scope. I like this one becasue it only takes one hand to operate (shut up you pervs) and actually looks like a gun. Nintendo should take a cue from it's old nes zapper, that was the best light gun ever.

Yeah, the review was almost a review of the Wii Zapper, I didn't know there was not a spring on the trigger and the thing can't be held like a gun. This looks like it has been done right. Also the colors are pretty interesting matching the Wii.

i think ill get this after i get the zapper, want links crossbow and even if the zapper isnt perfect ill have two guns for ghost squad and such. dad will like this alot.

[quote name='boyward']Yes, on eBay. Ebayers are buying two Zappers and trying to sell the Link's Crossbow Training separately. I bought my factory-sealed copy of LCT for $3.28 + shipping.[/QUOTE]

Looks like a couple went that cheap but most are in the $10-15 range with shipping which is ridiculous. For that much you might as well go to Best Buy with a Gamepro $5 off coupon and buy the whole damn package for $15. The Perfect Shot looks awesome though. I will probably pick up a couple, especially with House of the Dead 2-3 coming out.

[quote name='T16skyhopp']i think ill get this after i get the zapper, want links crossbow and even if the zapper isnt perfect ill have two guns for ghost squad and such. dad will like this alot.[/QUOTE]
Theres something about Dads and lightgun games. My Dad would only play those or fishing games.

Shipping kills it at Buy.com. Even at $14.99 it's cheaper to get a pair at Amazon thanks to the free shipping.

[quote name='tkidsterj']These are already available at buy.com for $12.99

I ordered 3 last week (some were gifts) and the three of us absolutely love them. Definitely worth the purchase. I wonder why Amazon is shipping them so late though...

http://www.buy.com/prod/nyko-perfect-shot-gun-for-wii/q/loc/108/205886769.html[/quote]
Did you choose Super Saver Shipping? Those orders get the lowest priority for shipping. I might hold out on this until buy.com shifts it to free shipping since I already have the zapper. I've played with the Brando/Pego/other HK version of this shell and it's much more comfortable than the Zapper.

I actually got mine before Christmas (24th) using amazon prime. Haven't had a chance to test it out yet since I'm out of town, but hopefully others got theirs as well!

I just opened Ghost Squad last night so I really really really want one of these!!! Since the price went back up I'm pissed that I didn't start playing the game sooner. Plus no stores in my area are caring these yet.

I ordered 2 of them as well. I can't wait to play Ghost Hound with one. It's just not as fun with only the controller.

I picked up a couple back when ghost squad was 19.99 on amazon...At last check I got an e-mail that said it had been shipped out, haven't received it yet.

Picked up one of these earlier this month, as well as a Zapper. I actually like the Zapper better, even though it's a total pain to set up compared to the Perfect Shot (with all the wrapping of the cords and stuff). The way they have the nunchuck port integrated into the gun's design is really nice, but the Zapper just seemed more comfortable to use. Now, if they were both actual light guns and shot where you were aiming them (rather than being an elaborate means of moving a crosshair around on the screen), I'd probably prefer the Perfect Shot. However, since you basically just 'hip fire' and move a crosshair around for most games, the Zapper seems to work better.

[quote name='boyward']Yes, on eBay. Ebayers are buying two Zappers and trying to sell the Link's Crossbow Training separately. I bought my factory-sealed copy of LCT for $3.28 + shipping.[/QUOTE]

I did that, but mine sold for $15 plus shipping (priority mail + dc) came to almost $20... I got pretty lucky with the amount of money I got for it. But yeah ebay is a good place to pick it up, check goozex as well too.

[quote name='tkidsterj']These are already available at buy.com for $12.99

I ordered 3 last week (some were gifts) and the three of us absolutely love them. Definitely worth the purchase. I wonder why Amazon is shipping them so late though...

http://www.buy.com/prod/nyko-perfect-shot-gun-for-wii/q/loc/108/205886769.html[/quote]

I preordered two of these from buy.com for $9.99 each - sorry to hear the price went up. I had them 2-3 days before christmas and shipping was just over $6 (same price for shipping whether x1 or x2)

[quote name='autche']I preordered two of these from buy.com for $9.99 each - sorry to hear the price went up. I had them 2-3 days before christmas and shipping was just over $6 (same price for shipping whether x1 or x2)[/quote]

Yeah! I did the same. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than that Wii Zapper. To the youngins saying this looks like the superscope; no way! More like the Sega Genesis Menacer. A piece of shit. Oh yeah. and 4 player Ghost Squad is the shit!

I thought that since you can calibrate the sight on Link's Crossbow Training that I'd be able to use the Perfect Shot to simulate a light gun. Unfortunately, Link's Crossbow Training doesn't calibrate enough to even fake that light gun feeling. You can almost get there, but it's a little bit off, and ultimately your only option is to follow the cursor with your eyes and pull the trigger when the cursor lands on the target. It's definitely a different feel from aiming and shooting through a light gun sight.

The gun itself feels pretty good. However, I think it makes my accuracy worse than freehanding it because pulling the Perfect Shot trigger jerks the Wiimote more than pulling the B-button all by itself. I'm having to take more time to line up my cursor than I did when I was freehanding it.

Sorry to be so negative, but hopefully this post helps those who are hoping to have a genuine light gun experience with Link's Crossbow Training. I can't say how it works with Medal of Honor Heroes 2 or Ghost Squad or Resident Evil because I don't have any of those games.

[quote name='mephitical']Did you choose Super Saver Shipping? Those orders get the lowest priority for shipping. I might hold out on this until buy.com shifts it to free shipping since I already have the zapper. I've played with the Brando/Pego/other HK version of this shell and it's much more comfortable than the Zapper.[/quote]

I can't speak for tkidsterj, but I had mine sent by Buy.com's lowest priority shipping - the super saver is it? It still arrived before christmas. This is the review that led to me purchasing these:

http://gear.ign.com/articles/841/841403p1.html

I sold my wii zapper (unused) minus Link's Crossbow Training on Ebay for $8.95 (BIN was used) - paid $15 for the zapper originally (BB - used $5 off any accessory coupon - now expired) so I came out okay.

edit: edited for mispelling

[quote name='boyward']I thought that since you can calibrate the sight on Link's Crossbow Training that I'd be able to use the Perfect Shot to simulate a light gun. Unfortunately, Link's Crossbow Training doesn't calibrate enough to even fake that light gun feeling. You can almost get there, but it's a little bit off, and ultimately your only option is to follow the cursor with your eyes and pull the trigger when the cursor lands on the target. It's definitely a different feel from aiming and shooting through a light gun sight.

The gun itself feels pretty good. However, I think it makes my accuracy worse than freehanding it because pulling the Perfect Shot trigger jerks the Wiimote more than pulling the B-button all by itself. I'm having to take more time to line up my cursor than I did when I was freehanding it.

Sorry to be so negative, but hopefully this post helps those who are hoping to have a genuine light gun experience with Link's Crossbow Training. I can't say how it works with Medal of Honor Heroes 2 or Ghost Squad or Resident Evil because I don't have any of those games.[/QUOTE]

I have the opposite experience. I was able to shoot much more accurately with the Perfect Shot than just using the Wiimot in Ghost Squad. In fact, I couldn't even get to the 3rd boss in GS without PS, but with it I did it the first time. I ordered PS from ebay which turns out to be buy.com, and got it in 3 days!

[quote name='paean']I have the opposite experience. I was able to shoot much more accurately with the Perfect Shot than just using the Wiimot in Ghost Squad.[/quote]

That's good to know. My experience is with Link's Crossbow Training only, so your experience gives me hope that I'll enjoy using the Perfect Shot with other games.

You can order the gun off amazon still. If you want it from Amazon with supersaver you will have to wait til feb. 3. If your up for trying a seller, I just picked it up for $13.95, hopefully they ship fast!

[quote name='CouRageouS']Theres something about Dads and lightgun games. My Dad would only play those or fishing games.[/quote]
dude your avvy is a spoiler:(

I normaly don't post but I had to tell you guys. I also got mine from buy.com before Christmas, I got two actually for just 16.97. When I got them they had a get $10 off your order for 1st time google checkout users. The thing sold for 9.99 but I had to spend 10.00 before shipping so I added a second to the cart. In the end I basically got one for free.

If you don't have google checkout this might be a good time to sign up.

EDIT: The Perfect Shot works great for all arcade shooter games. Specifically Ghost Sqaud and Medal of Honor Heroes 2. Resident Evil is just as good, however, those pesky button presses and motion actions can cause the shell to get in the way at times. I did find it slightly more difficult to aim while playing LCT but I just need to practice a bit more with the Perfect Shot I was playing it witht eh Zapper for a couple weeks before I got them. In any case, the Zapper is shit compared to the perfect shot. Seriously.

yep 10 bucks on buy.com...just ordered one over the weekend. the zapper is ok but didnt work too well for me.

bread's done
Back