Amazon - Nyko Wii Perfect Shot Gun - $14.99 In Stock

bingbangboom

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
i preordered from amazon in Jan as well and it was delayed in Feb. the estimated shipping is mid-March so i'll see if they come through. Gamestop is backordered and i don't really feel like paying for tax so i'm gonna keep my amazon order.

this is such a long wait...

currently amazon says "in stock april 17, 2008". i'm ordering two from gamestop. house of the dead 2 and 3 is good with the wiimotes but would be 1000 times better with actual guns.

We got two of these off of buy.com for 12.99ea last month.

The trigger is definitely better than that of the zapper by miles, and a handgun design is much easier to cope with than a tommy-gun.

There are a couple of problems with it though:

-The handle is a big brick. Its not ergonomic at all, and is quite large so unless you have somewhat large hands it won't be super comfortable.

-The dock for the wiimote is a bit too snug and could potentially scar your $40 controller. The angle you slide the remote in (at a bit of an angle) and the angle the plug on the gun sits at (perfectly horizontal) don't match up quite right, making insertion a little tough.

-Being that you want to hold a pistol with two hands to aim, the nunchuk bypass through the bottom of the grip isn't actually ideal. If the zapper were smaller, I might prefer that setup concerning the nunchuk.

I got one of these and I'm kind of asking myself why now. It is kind of uncomfortable to not be able to hold it with two hands and it really won't work with many games. I couldn't even play Umbrella Chronicles with it because I had to bring my nunchuck hand up repeatedly to press the A button to knife which was unintuitive.

I suppose it would be good for Ghost Squad, Link's Crossbow Training, Wii Play Shooting Gallery and...well...that's about it.

I bought one at GS too and they were shocked that they had it in stock XD but I might return if it's really as uncomfortable as you all say it is...

[quote name='mattstockton12']I got one of these and I'm kind of asking myself why now. It is kind of uncomfortable to not be able to hold it with two hands and it really won't work with many games. I couldn't even play Umbrella Chronicles with it because I had to bring my nunchuck hand up repeatedly to press the A button to knife which was unintuitive.

I suppose it would be good for Ghost Squad, Link's Crossbow Training, Wii Play Shooting Gallery and...well...that's about it.[/quote]

under the options, u can change the control scheme to suit the wii zapper. it changes the weapon change button to the "c" on the nunchuk and actions are performed with motions.

Amazon shipped mine as well. But only one of two. It worked out for me though because I found one in a local gamestop about a month ago. So I just canceled the second.

Got 2 of these to play HotD 2/3 Return. Man, these things are ESSENTIAL for those looking for the John Woo experience. WOOOOOOOOO!!

I'm loving mine, the handle is too large but other than that it's fantastic. I think I'm gonna cancel my preorder on Amazon though and just get my second one from eBay or Amazon Marketplace - from what you guys say, it doesn't seem likely I'll be seeing it for a while, so I might as well pay a few bucks extra to get it earlier.

I've had mine for maybe a month or so. Anyway, it's true the handle is too thick, but then not long enough either. In either case, it's the best product on the market, despite it's flaws. It's nice that I can leave the wiimotes in the perfect shots while playing Smash Bros with a classic controller.

Anyway, they make Ghost Squad and HOTDS so much better.

Woo!! Mine shipped yesterday from Amazon, having ordered two of them Feb. 11. Not too bad considering I have 2-day shipping. :p

mine came fast from gamestop with free shipping, i got it in like 2 days after i ordered. this could be a sign of things to come for the site revamp :D

[quote name='WilliamG']Woo!! Mine shipped yesterday from Amazon, having ordered two of them Feb. 11. Not too bad considering I have 2-day shipping. :p[/quote]

WTF!! I ordered two Jan. 10. But mine were sitting there waiting for approval for delay a couple days ago. I don't even remember getting the e-mail about that. Has everybody else who ordered in January already gotten there's or what :bomb:

Gamestop says backordered :cry:

[quote name='LiK']mine came fast from gamestop with free shipping, i got it in like 2 days after i ordered. this could be a sign of things to come for the site revamp :D[/quote]

^ did yours say backordered when you ordered too?

To anyone who got them: How good are these things? I've been thinking about getting it because I like light gun games and this is the most traditional light gun. Not like the huge bulky Zapper. So, is it really worth getting for Umbrella Chronicles, and maybe Red Steel (long shot but if it works...)? Maybe I'll also pick up HOTD2&3 and Ghost Squad and I'm pretty sure those really should have a light gun.

[quote name='Chronis']To anyone who got them: How good are these things? I've been thinking about getting it because I like light gun games and this is the most traditional light gun. Not like the huge bulky Zapper. So, is it really worth getting for Umbrella Chronicles, and maybe Red Steel (long shot but if it works...)? Maybe I'll also pick up HOTD2&3 and Ghost Squad and I'm pretty sure those really should have a light gun.[/QUOTE]

Definitely for RE:UC and Ghost Squad.

[quote name='genfuyung']Its absoluetely ridiculous that this thing cant be found anywhere.[/quote]

I know I want one real bad. I was at a local swap meet over the weekend and this guy had it but was selling it for like $49.99. Just sucks no B&M store like Gamestop, BB, etc have them in stock.

Amazon shipped mine within a day after I complained about somebody ordering over a month after me getting theirs first (no offense WilliamG). Last I checked they still weren't available to buy anymore through Amazon, so maybe there are serious supply issues still.

Of course, standard shipping has been a crap shoot with Amazon lately, so we'll see when/if I actually get them. This is one product I probably should have paid to ship because if they get lost they probably won't have any to replace them with.

[quote name='genfuyung']Its absolutely ridiculous that this thing cant be found anywhere.[/quote]

Agreed! Yet you can find any other random ridiculous 3rd party wii accessory at all major retailers.

[quote name='funkflexmctough']Gamestop says backordered :cry:

^ did yours say backordered when you ordered too?[/quote]

yea, i ordered when it said backordered. just order anyways cuz i think they ship them as soon as they get them in. :)

Just called 4 local gamestops none of them had any. One guy had no idea what I was talking about and another guy answered an told me hes been waiting for one to come in so that he can buy it. He said they have never gotten one in stock....ever

For those that have them, have you figured out any way to make them stop squeaking when you pull the trigger? Both mine that arrived this week finally from Amazon squeak like crazy. Driving my ears nuts!

yay I found one today at one of the nearby ebgames. they only had one in stock, oh well. I had no idea these were so hard to find, I just started looking recently. oh BTW, you can "pre-order" these from BestBuy's website if anyone's up for that

to stop the annoying sound.....WD -40 usually works like a charm...honest

yeah went to game stop a few weeks ago.. was talking bout...then suggested I go to the website where they are "only $5"....(I've done my research on multilple forums so....) I laughed and walked out

[quote name='blackandbluehero']yay I found one today at one of the nearby ebgames. they only had one in stock, oh well. I had no idea these were so hard to find, I just started looking recently. oh BTW, you can "pre-order" these from BestBuy's website if anyone's up for that[/quote]

couldn't even find it on Best buy's website...help????

from best buy 'estimate arrival time 5/27-6/?.....I'm actually tempted just to gaurentee one will show up at my doorstep someday

the kmart near carolina place mall definitely had 3, possibly 4 in stock. now it definitely has 1, possibly 2 in stock. i picked up two this morning. $15 each

bread's done
Back