Amazon - PC game sale (up to 35% off)

oooo i might bite on KOTOR 2... Haven't seen a deal on that in AGES

EDIT: Does anyone know if Obsidian ever fixed the plot holes in KOTOR 2? I forgot about those until I read the reviews for the game... Pretty sad that something like that made it through certification but I guess things were lax back then. I'm just hoping they got fixed 5 years later, otherwise I won't buy it.

[quote name='Darknuke']oooo i might bite on KOTOR 2... Haven't seen a deal on that in AGES

EDIT: Does anyone know if Obsidian ever fixed the plot holes in KOTOR 2? I forgot about those until I read the reviews for the game... Pretty sad that something like that made it through certification but I guess things were lax back then. I'm just hoping they got fixed 5 years later, otherwise I won't buy it.[/QUOTE]

I don't think they did. There was/is a community mod to restore some content that was dropped from the game as well as patch some stuff. I'd been waiting for it to come out for so long I'd completely forgotten about it...

Anyway here's a link I found to grab the restoration mod for KOTOR II: http://www.deadlystream.com/forum/tslrcm/10-tslrcm-download.html

[quote name='sabanoo']I don't think they did. There was/is a community mod to restore some content that was dropped from the game as well as patch some stuff. I'd been waiting for it to come out for so long I'd completely forgotten about it...

Anyway here's a link I found to grab the restoration mod for KOTOR II: http://www.deadlystream.com/forum/tslrcm/10-tslrcm-download.html[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Definitely picking it up knowing there is at least a good mod to fix that issue. Good timing too if it really was just finished a couple months ago on a 5 year old title lol.

Wow, Cryostasis for $21? fuck that. If any site veterans want a digital copy free, I have a few codes left over from the EVGA giveaway.

All 10 claimed by site vets; enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jodou']Wow, Cryostasis for $21? fuck that. If any site veterans want a digital copy free, I have a few codes left over from the EVGA giveaway. I believe they're still good for purchasing it at the Nvidia store anyways.

PM me; do not reply here.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing they are gone by now, since there is no option to PM you on your profile (probably due to a full mailbox).

[quote name='evildeadjedi']I'm guessing they are gone by now, since there is no option to PM you on your profile (probably due to a full mailbox).[/QUOTE]
Hmmm, nope. Mailbox isn't even remotely close to full so I'm not sure what the problem is. I'll send you one.

Starcraft 2, and WOTLK look interesting.

Just, I may still wait. WOTLK may drop (especially during black friday). The same with SC2. I just started with WOW so I am no where near needing WOTLK. SC2...well I am just cheap.

[quote name='Jodou']Hmmm, nope. Mailbox isn't even remotely close to full so I'm not sure what the problem is. I'll send you one.[/QUOTE]

Extremely strange when I pull up your profile there is no "contact" tab.
Thanks! I got the code.

[quote name='Guerrilla']Can anyone actually confirm that the KOTOR2 restoration is fully functional?[/QUOTE]

I have not played it yet but, I have a buddy who did and he said it was a MUST PLAY mod.

[quote name='Darknuke']oooo i might bite on KOTOR 2... Haven't seen a deal on that in AGES

EDIT: Does anyone know if Obsidian ever fixed the plot holes in KOTOR 2? I forgot about those until I read the reviews for the game... Pretty sad that something like that made it through certification but I guess things were lax back then. I'm just hoping they got fixed 5 years later, otherwise I won't buy it.[/QUOTE]

Nope they never did. They left out entire ending segments, entire sections mid game and it still has bugs in it. But more importantly, its just not very good and despite its technical problems the story and game itself werent worth being a sequel. Why bigger companies that made solid games hand stuff off to them Ill never understand, I never liked a obsidian game.

[quote name='gargus']I never liked a obsidian game.[/QUOTE]
Too tired to check; Aren't Obsidian developing New Vegas? Don't think I ever played an Obsidian game but it scares me they released the apparently buggy KOTOR2 and now they are making Fallout.:whistle2:#

I don't think Bethesda would let them screw it up though.

[quote name='rayne117']Too tired to check; Aren't Obsidian developing New Vegas? Don't think I ever played an Obsidian game but it scares me they released the apparently buggy KOTOR2 and now they are making Fallout.:whistle2:#

I don't think Bethesda would let them screw it up though.[/QUOTE]

Obsidian's made a Fallout before. They also made Alpha Protocol. Doesn't that... just give you a lot of confidence? I believe I read they're also making the next Dungeon Siege (III).

[quote name='rayne117']Too tired to check; Aren't Obsidian developing New Vegas? Don't think I ever played an Obsidian game but it scares me they released the apparently buggy KOTOR2 and now they are making Fallout.:whistle2:#

I don't think Bethesda would let them screw it up though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they are. However, it might not be such a bad thing since Obsidian has many developers from Black Isle Studios.

DOH DOH DOH!

I of course already bought Civ 4 and KOTOR 2 for about double those prices a few weeks/months back :lol:

Lots of good games in there. Dang, retail Braid for $10. I already have two activation-laden copies, but if that's no DRM I might buy it.

is Civ IV without Colonization a huge deal? or is Colonization a MUST HAVE thing for someone whose interest is piqued by Civilization but has never played it ever.

[quote name='plutoknight']is Civ IV without Colonization a huge deal? or is Colonization a MUST HAVE thing for someone whose interest is piqued by Civilization but has never played it ever.[/QUOTE]

You can pass on Colonization.

Colonization is a preference thing. But if I were you I'd wait 20 isn't a good price. And only the complete version is drm free to my knowledge. Almost all of the digital retailers have sold this for $10 over the last few months

[quote name='plutoknight']is Civ IV without Colonization a huge deal? or is Colonization a MUST HAVE thing for someone whose interest is piqued by Civilization but has never played it ever.[/QUOTE]

Colonization is a separate game from Civ IV, whereas Warlords and Beyond the Sword are both expansions. So, you can play Civ IV without Colonization and vice versa. It's sort of up to you as to which you'd rather play first, but Civ IV had higher reviews.

Based on Amazon's prices, you could try one or the other without worrying about losing much money to this deal:
Civ IV: Complete (similarly named, but differnet from Civ IV: The Complete Edition; includes both expansions, but not Colonization) - $11.70
Civ IV: Colonization - $8.96

Nice... KOTOR 2 is a cool deal and I just ordered it. Been itching to play it since I finished the first game about a year ago.

Civ IV doesn't seem like a great deal unless you *really* want the box - I've seen it cheaper on Steam. Pretty much every "mega sale" (i.e. like the Thanksgiving sale, etc) they do it shows up around ~$13 or less (and that is with Colonization).

[quote name='Warlock82']Civ IV doesn't seem like a great deal unless you *really* want the box - I've seen it cheaper on Steam. Pretty much every "mega sale" (i.e. like the Thanksgiving sale, etc) they do it shows up around ~$13 or less (and that is with Colonization).[/QUOTE]

Yup, $20 is twice the price of a digital version when on sale (and considering Civ V is out now, it's sure to drop even more).

I'd argue against getting it for the pack-ins, it sounds pretty sparse. Only the quickstart guide is on paper, the manual is a PDF, and while it includes a tech tree poster which they reprinted with a Civ IV Complete logo, they used the out-of-date Civ IV tech tree, not the Beyond The Sword tech tree with the new technologies.

But the real reason to consider the boxed version is it's the only version that is truly DRM-free (unlike D2D and Steam), and isn't wrapped up in some sort of downloader (unlike Impulse and GamersGate).

Sorry if this isn't the right place for this, but there is a fan mod for KotOR 2 that fixes bugs and restores a lot of cut and/or incomplete content in the game. It's known as the Restored Content Mod and you can read more about the circumstances of the incompletene nature of KotOR 2 and a link to what I think is the final version of the mod below:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/...-volunteers-restore-missing-kotor-ii-data.ars
http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/97181-star-wars-kotor-ii-restored-content-mod-v15-released.html

Note that I don't own the game myself (yet) nor have I personally used the RCM. I only share this information in the hope that it will be of help to my fellow CAGs.

Update: Yeeps, the second link leads to outdated info. Check out the link below for what seems to be the most recent (possibly last) fan-made bug fix/restored content mod.

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/;115177

I just picked up KotOR II today at Half Priced used books for $6 used (PC of course), so talk about coincidence!

Plot holes? What plot holes?

Edit: Ahh I see. A year!! Low and behold Lucas Arts strikes again. I swear those idiots make Microsoft look like gaming genius.

bread's done
Back