Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. I'd like to pick up Scribblenauts for my girlfriend to play on my laptop. It has integrated Intel HD graphics, but it does have an i5 processor. Surprisingly it plays most games pretty well.

[quote name='juanjava']Is DNF THAT bad? I know it is not worth of the name... but is a bad game itself?[/QUOTE]

yes

(See, not even worth capitalization or punctuation.)

IMO, what makes DNF bad is that they split up the shooting parts with gimmicky platforming, lame jokes, pointless wandering, vehicles, etc. Couple that with regenerating health (ego), 4 gun limit (use to be 2), and questionable boss fights and it slides into being a bad game. The crude humor doesn't do it any favors, either. The writers didn't seem to understand what made old Duke funny and packed it with lame sexual and toilet humor in a feeble attempt to be edgy.

DNF's jokes would have been funny 10 years ago. In fact, they were. Now it just seems like a really bad attempt at low-brow humor. There is not a single redeeming feature about the game and it just sucks that those die-hard fans who waited over a decade were treated with this poor excuse for a game.

The problem with Duke is that manly stuff is not politically correct these days, that's why it fell out of favor, other than that, it's one damn fine old fashion fps game.

Tony

Are you going to have Binary Domain on sale anytime soon? I would prefer to buy it from amazon but I am tempted by the steam flash sale. Thanks

[quote name='forthenguyen']Yeah I wasn't considering Duke Nukem lmao, but I didn't imagine it to be that bad. For me it was down to Borderlands or Spec Ops.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='juanjava']Is DNF THAT bad? I know it is not worth of the name... but is a bad game itself?[/QUOTE]

With full acknowledgement that DNF isn't that great of a game... I always find myself arguing this point: I've played a hell of a lot worse.

It isn't a fundamentally broken game and parts of it are entertaining. Yes there are parts that are tedious as well, but all in all it's not a horrible shooter. Certainly not at the bottom of the genre. It is my opinion that it is simply a lightning rod for hate. The way people go on and on about it, you'd thing that it was irredeemably bad.

[quote name='DonRamon']The problem with Duke is that manly stuff is not politically correct, that's why it fell out of favor, other than that, it's one damn fine old fashion fps game.[/QUOTE]
Except that it isn't "damn fine", nor is it an "old fasion fps game" - and that's the problem. It's lacking some of the features that made DN3D so appealing: regular (non-regenerating) health, multiple paths through a level, loads of secrets, loads of guns, and really solid gunplay.

It's worth a dollar or so imo (I paid $1 for it after promo coupon, and I don't regret it.)

yes (it made me wish I was at work)

[quote name='Detruire']Except that it isn't "damn fine", nor is it an "old fasion fps game" - and that's the problem. It's lacking some of the features that made DN3D so appealing: regular (non-regenerating) health, multiple paths through a level, loads of secrets, loads of guns, and really solid gunplay.

It's worth a dollar or so imo (I paid $1 for it after promo coupon, and I don't regret it.)[/QUOTE]

any game is worth a dollar if you play it the problem is it isn't worth the time it takes to play it

[quote name='Neuro5i5']yes

(See, not even worth capitalization or punctuation.)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mooby']IMO, what makes DNF bad is that they split up the shooting parts with gimmicky platforming, lame jokes, pointless wandering, vehicles, etc. Couple that with regenerating health (ego), 4 gun limit (use to be 2), and questionable boss fights and it slides into being a bad game. The crude humor doesn't do it any favors, either. The writers didn't seem to understand what made old Duke funny and packed it with lame sexual and toilet humor in a feeble attempt to be edgy.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Tsel']DNF's jokes would have been funny 10 years ago. In fact, they were. Now it just seems like a really bad attempt at low-brow humor. There is not a single redeeming feature about the game and it just sucks that those die-hard fans who waited over a decade were treated with this poor excuse for a game.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DonRamon']The problem with Duke is that manly stuff is not politically correct these days, that's why it fell out of favor, other than that, it's one damn fine old fashion fps game.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hal']With full acknowledgement that DNF isn't that great of a game... I always find myself arguing this point: I've played a hell of a lot worse.

It isn't a fundamentally broken game and parts of it are entertaining. Yes there are parts that are tedious as well, but all in all it's not a horrible shooter. Certainly not at the bottom of the genre. It is my opinion that it is simply a lightning rod for hate. The way people go on and on about it, you'd thing that it was irredeemably bad.[/QUOTE]

I like some good ol' shooters, I find Painkiller (Black Edition) awesome, but I don't know why I can't get into Serious Sam, and I just played once, a loong time ago. I watched videos on the new ones, but they have something that doesn't fit to me.

Just saw some DNF videos... seems boring. Really, if you try to be an old shooter you need at least 9 weapons! And no regen, of course. I'll stay away from it, unless is a gift on a bundle

Thanks!

[quote name='juanjava']

Just saw some DNF videos... seems boring. Really, if you try to be an old shooter you need at least 9 weapons! And no regen, of course. I'll stay away from it, unless is a gift on a bundle
[/QUOTE]

Yeah some of the design decisions are astonishing given its roots in the old-school FPS genre.

One of the most enjoyable things about the entire game is playing through it and seeing where the pieces fit together... the stopping and starting of work on some of the levels is almost palpable. And the version I bought came with a "making of DNF" video which was a real treat to watch after having just played it. It was like watching a History channel documentary on a disaster from which you just couldn't look away. :D

[quote name='tham1988']any game is worth a dollar if you play it the problem is it isn't worth the time it takes to play it[/QUOTE]
It isn't anywhere near that bad. I've played a few hours of it and didn't come out thinking it was a waste of my time.

Yes.

[quote name='Detruire']It isn't anywhere near that bad. I've played a few hours of it and didn't come out thinking it was a waste of my time.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Gvaz']Yes.[/QUOTE]

See... right there?

it's a pretty polarizing game. Some people immediately loathe the game. Others (I suspect) latch onto that group loathing. Other people find that... it's not quite the apocalyptic turd pile that some claim it to be.

i beat it and did
but I just read someone saying you can carry 4 guns NOW
when I played you only had two and having 4 would actually definitely at least make it playable

[quote name='tham1988']i beat it and did
but I just read someone saying you can carry 4 guns NOW
when I played you only had two and having 4 would actually definitely at least make it playable[/QUOTE]

I found the 2 gun thing to be quite off-putting as well. It almost seemed pointless as the levels were literally littered with guns once you started the killing. The artificial restriction was not a good design decision (imagine that!) but nowhere near as infuriating as it was in Bulletstorm where weapon juggling was supposed to be the entire point of the game.

Eh, I guess it's worth $1 -- you'll get some entertainment out of it. Hard to judge the value of a dollar. Though if you asked if you should buy it for a dollar versus something like Zeno Clash I'd say Zeno Clash hands down.

[quote name='forthenguyen']It'd be nice if we could spend the EC credit now. I want TWD for $7.50 and I doubt it'll be any less than $15 in January.[/QUOTE]

I kinda feel exactly opposite. Pretty sure it'll be at least $12.50.

[quote name='Mooby']Eh, I guess it's worth $1 -- you'll get some entertainment out of it. Hard to judge the value of a dollar. Though if you asked if you should buy it for a dollar versus something like Zeno Clash I'd say Zeno Clash hands down.[/QUOTE]

This place is so cheap that we are discussing at length if this game is worth $1.

[quote name='espy605']This place is so cheap that we are discussing at length if this game is worth $1.[/QUOTE]

yes
it is a wonderful wonderful place

[quote name='Mooby']Public service to prevent people from playing such an atrocity.[/QUOTE]
This. I keep skipping the deals on Dragon Age pack because it comes with DA2.

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']Do the Editor's Choice credits stack? I have about 10 so could I put $50 towards say Borderlands 2?[/QUOTE]

No.

This should be in the OP or something right next to flash deals and coupons don't get price matched.

[quote name='Motoki']No.

This should be in the OP or something right next to flash deals and coupons don't get price matched.[/QUOTE]

People would just ignore it and ask anyway.

[quote name='Motoki']No.

This should be in the OP or something right next to flash deals and coupons don't get price matched.[/QUOTE]

Alright thank you. I thought the wording in the e-mails from amazon was confusing.

Well I just finished Blades of Time on Normal (which unlocks hard), I have had the Limited Edition since the summer sale @ $11.24. I love it. The last/part ending is great. The Swamp DLC (that you get from the Limited Edition) is okay -- gameplay it's kinda meh, but it fills out a part of the story. The additional $1.24 for the LE, well if you like the game you can't complain that hard. If you're strapped for cash, just get the standard edition. I look forward to playing it through again on hard.

[quote name='tham1988']i just meant that since borderlands is older i think spec ops the line is a better deal for the same price
since we can all agree duke nukem is completely wothless and a piece of your soul may even die just knowing that you own it[/QUOTE]

I love both BL1 and Spec Ops. Spec Ops has a great story but only 12 hours of gameplay. Borderlands 1 I have 128 steam hours on.

For game play time, Borderlands 1 is the the choice hands down. I still highly recommend Spec Ops for the story as well. I haven't played BL2. I paid $7.50 for BL1 GOTY and $25 for Spec Ops with Bioshock 1 & 2.

[quote name='hal']See... right there?

it's a pretty polarizing game. Some people immediately loathe the game. Others (I suspect) latch onto that group loathing. Other people find that... it's not quite the apocalyptic turd pile that some claim it to be.[/QUOTE]
I'd like to know how much of the hate is from it being a Duke Nukem game, the ridiculously long length of development, and eventual disappointment.

I think that quite a bit of the hate is from fans, (who feel cheated out of a decent sequel to a game that they really liked,) and, had it not been a Duke game, the common opinion would have been "passable, whatever" rather than "HATEHATEHATE".

I haven't played DN3D, and therefore wasn't a fan, nor did I know about DNF until 2009 - all that I knew about the game came from the hate that I heard after the demo was released. Therefore, I went into the game expecting it to be horrendous, and when it wasn't, I came out thinking that it wasn't too bad... it certainly wasn't great, but neither was it bad as I kept reading. Conversely, I assume, Duke fans went into the game expecting it to be awesome, and when it wasn't, came out thinking that it was abysmal.

[quote name='Detruire']I'd like to know how much of the hate is from it being a Duke Nukem game, the ridiculously long length of development, and eventual disappointment.

I think that quite a bit of the hate is from fans, (who feel cheated out of a decent sequel to a game that they really liked,) and, had it not been a Duke game, the common opinion would have been "passable, whatever" rather than "HATEHATEHATE".[/QUOTE]

That's probably true to some extent. It deserves being bashed a bit because you have to compare it to games released during that same time period... and it clearly belongs in another time.

That being said, I think there was a build up of toxicity that was just ready to be unleashed. You can read it in professional reviews where proper analysis was almost transformed into giddy delight at turning clever euphemisms and writing biting analogies. It was positively devoured.

[quote name='Detruire']I'd like to know how much of the hate is from it being a Duke Nukem game, the ridiculously long length of development, and eventual disappointment.

I think that quite a bit of the hate is from fans, (who feel cheated out of a decent sequel to a game that they really liked,) and, had it not been a Duke game, the common opinion would have been "passable, whatever" rather than "HATEHATEHATE".

I haven't played DN3D, and therefore wasn't a fan, nor did I know about DNF until 2009 - all that I knew about the game came from the hate that I heard after the demo was released. Therefore, I went into the game expecting it to be horrendous, and when it wasn't, I came out thinking that it wasn't too bad... it certainly wasn't great, but neither was it bad as I kept reading. Conversely, I assume, Duke fans went into the game expecting it to be awesome, and when it wasn't, came out thinking that it was abysmal.[/QUOTE]

I can assure you my hate for the game has nothing do with the name duke nukem being on the game
but I did try duke nukem forever the week of release so my expectations had not been lowered by reviews

[quote name='Mooby']I guess it's the 75% off discount so fast. As crazy as it sounds a $5 price point would probably be a no brainer for me. When you hit that $7.50 mark my brain says... 'wait a minute that's getting closer to $10!'[/QUOTE]

The publishers butchered the release date so badly. They were scheduled for release on 10/30 but only the hand-held ones came out then. The rest were delayed until 11/13 I believe, but then delayed until 11/14 and then only the console versions came out. The PC version was delayed until 11/27, nearly a month late. I think they're trying to make up for such a butchered release.

I have no sentimental attachment to the older Duke Nukems (I can't even recall which I actually played) so I get the feeling I won't loathe DNF as much as some.

Has the Editor's Choice selection changed recently?

[quote name='Detruire']Except that it isn't "damn fine", nor is it an "old fasion fps game" - and that's the problem. It's lacking some of the features that made DN3D so appealing: regular (non-regenerating) health, multiple paths through a level, loads of secrets, loads of guns, and really solid gunplay.

It's worth a dollar or so imo (I paid $1 for it after promo coupon, and I don't regret it.)[/QUOTE]

No, it is, for me, your opinion ain't the center of the universe dude, others liked at different levels, you get the right complain when you spend and waste 60usd, not 1.

If you play stuff comparing to that first, one a kind shot, then I can say every single shooter after Doom sucks balls.

I'm just going to say this. I think when you put a name on something it comes with certain expectations. If you are trying to attract an existing fan base for your game but come out with something quite a bit different and/or that doesn't measure up then of course some people are going to be let down and complain about it.

I mean if Dragon Age 2 weren't called Dragon Age 2 but instead 'Generic consolized Pseudo JRPG that reused the same locations over and over, spans 10 years but not a damned thing changes and obviously had a rushed development cycle' game then I would have just been 'meh' instead of thinking it was a flaming turd.

[quote name='DonRamon']No, it is, for me, your opinion ain't the center of the universe dude, others liked at different levels, you get the right complain when you spend and waste 60usd, not 1.

If you play stuff comparing to that first, one a kind shot, then I can say every single shooter after Doom sucks balls.[/QUOTE]

Herpa derpa derp. Duke Nukem Forever wasn't 'manly' in the slightest. It was juvenile. It has nothing to do with political correctness and everything to do with being embarrassingly childish. It was 'manly' in the sense of what a twelve year old thinks passes off as 'manly.' Hurrr durrr, I just picked up a turd. Hurrr durrr, I just got a bj from two digital women. And, yes, mechanically speaking, it was a poor shooter.

[quote name='dfg']I have no sentimental attachment to the older Duke Nukems (I can't even recall which I actually played) so I get the feeling I won't loathe DNF as much as some.[/QUOTE]

I've never even played a Duke Nukem game, so I have even less reason to feel disappointed/angry about how DNF turned out.

Of course, I might still find that the game sucks when I finally get around to playing it.

[quote name='Larce80']I liked that one but the other two.. ugh guy that played Anakin killed it for me[/QUOTE]

No way, Jar Jar and "Annie" almost ruined the damn series for me.

Of course, I'm not excusing the next two. But by then we knew Lucas was probably going to fuck it all up.

It made me realize Lucas was less of a genius and more of a guy who had come in with the right skillset at the right time. And that time had passed.

Best thing that ever happened was Disney buying the IP. If anyone can effectively exploit fond childhood memories for wild profits -- while being thanked for it -- it's disney. Plus, that Star Wars simulation ride was the best Star Wars movie since the OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back