Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Seraphym']Looks like it :cry:[/QUOTE]
Hmmm. So it's possible that I'd get a better price by waiting until tomorrow, or by waiting a few more days and using the Best of 2012 Coupon in January, but there's no official word as to which would be the best option. I repeat: hmmmm.

[quote name='mokmoof']So lemme make sure I have this straight: XCOM is $25 today, but the $5 2K coupon doesn't go live until tomorrow, when the price of XCOM is likely to be higher than $25.

Is that right?[/QUOTE]

Accurate. I've listed the reccomended pairings for each coupon based on value of deals.

On the 2K ones I'd reccomend any of their packs.

[quote name='Idiotekque']+(insert number here)

And what does that mean? You can't price match the game because you already sold a munch? That doesn't make sense.[/QUOTE]

Sorry should have been clearer. The sentiment around the coupons fot about 10 pages yesterday way "not cool I would have waited to buy the THQ stuff." Same concept here.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Clearly he is saying since Syndicate was only $5 a few days ago; if they allow Syndicate to be combined with a $5 coupon to make it 9 cents, some "people" will start raging.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'm inclined to think this is the case.

I've been burned before on Amazon by buying early too. Hell, I spent around $15 for my SR3 stuff and I don't even have all the DLC. That's just how it works in the digital gaming world.

I'd really hate it if this became the new norm. Two or three people bitch about something and suddenly there are less sales? Awesome. No offense, Tony, but you may be taking the input on this thread a little too seriously.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sorry should have been clearer. The sentiment around the coupons fot about 10 pages yesterday way "not cool I would have waited to buy the THQ stuff." Same concept here.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
See, this is silly. Under five people complained, while the other fifty understood how Amazon handled things and were fine with it. Why are you basing your decisions on the tiny handful of complainers as opposed to the majority of non-complainers? That makes zero sense to me.

[quote name='mokmoof']Hmmm. So it's possible that I'd get a better price by waiting until tomorrow, or by waiting a few more days and using the Best of 2012 Coupon in January, but there's no official word as to which would be the best option. I repeat: hmmmm.[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting for $20 regardless. I skipped the $21 gamefly price. No sense caving now at $25. Tony gets enough of my $$$, lol :applause:

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Sorry should have been clearer. The sentiment around the coupons fot about 10 pages yesterday way "not cool I would have waited to buy the THQ stuff." Same concept here.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Damnit! The complainers ruined it for everyone :cry:

and now I'm turning into a complainer! lol

I don't get the we'll pricematch some stuff when we feel like it policy. I can understand not matching flash sales or other coupon sales, and no international sales. You should probably pick one set policy and stick to it. January had lots of matches resulting in free/super cheap options, so it's sad to see no one set policy.

edit: thanks complaining douchebags for ruining good sales.

I'm just grateful Amazon lists most, if not all, of their deals in advance. I had no idea before some nice people pointed me at this thread, I've saved quite a bit of money by comparing Steam flash sales/daily deals with Tony's list in the OP. Amazon could have kept the deals secret like Steam does, and then everything would be a crapshoot. Should I buy it now? Will a daily deal be cheaper? Will it be cheaper on Amazon?

Right now, all I really have to worry about is what games will be available/what prices will be for the editor's choice games come January. Besides, having a little "will it be cheaper?" gamble is part of the fun of these sales, at least for me. But just a little gamble, Tony's list definitely puts the odds in the consumer's favor, which is muy excelente.

[quote name='Seraphym']I'm waiting for $20 regardless. I skipped the $21 gamefly price. No sense caving now at $25. Tony gets enough of my $$$, lol :applause:[/QUOTE]
heh, fair point. I guess it is fairly likely that the price will get to $25 sometime in January.

Still, one last time: hmmmmm. :p

[quote name='juanjava']And now... How Amazon Sales are going...

AF3YH-DR7G2-QVF4V

Thanks Tony![/QUOTE]

It seems this key is still up... I'll spoil: Is Making History, in case anyone is interested

[quote name='Mooby']It means they're in the business of making money so if they sold a lot there's no reason to give it away for free. As great as the deals are let's not lose sight of the fact Amazon is a for-profit entity. That's not a knock on Tony that's just reality. No need for people to get in a huff if they don't price match certain deals.[/QUOTE]

This.

Paying 9 cents for a game (that I'm certain some people would resell/trade for a profit) seems to be a little unfair to Amazon when they've had a ton of great sales lately.

I sure wouldn't price match it lol

Guys, it is a promotional coupon not a gift certificate.

Are you able to use all of your coupons when you go to the grocery store?

Do sometimes you buy something more expensive then you normally would because of the coupon, even though a similar product is cheaper?

Same principles.

And if worse comes to worse (other than EA which would be tough) just use the coupon to buy something that is awesomely priced, flip it, and apply that money to buying what you want. :D

[quote name='Mooby']It means they're in the business of making money so if they sold a lot there's no reason to give it away for free. As great as the deals are let's not lose sight of the fact Amazon is a for-profit entity. That's not a knock on Tony that's just reality. No need for people to get in a huff if they don't price match certain deals.[/QUOTE]

Well said, although in this case the financials are secondary.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Yeah, I'm inclined to think this is the case.

I've been burned before on Amazon by buying early too. Hell, I spent around $15 for my SR3 stuff and I don't even have all the DLC. That's just how it works in the digital gaming world.

I'd really hate it if this became the new norm. Two or three people bitch about something and suddenly there are less sales? Awesome. No offense, Tony, but you may be taking the input on this thread a little too seriously.

See, this is silly. Under five people complained, while the other fifty understood how Amazon handled things and were fine with it. Why are you basing your decisions on the tiny handful of complainers as opposed to the majority of non-complainers? That makes zero sense to me.[/QUOTE]

It isn't a new norm, but we do take all input seriously, we also don't shoot from the hip, we get information and test to see how changes impact the business.

We've taken the previous feedback, are testing the implementation of the recommendation based on that feedback and will see how customers in aggregate responded.

EDIT: Also I'm stuck in Orlando Airport and it sucks :(.

Cheers
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sorry should have been clearer. The sentiment around the coupons fot about 10 pages yesterday way "not cool I would have waited to buy the THQ stuff." Same concept here.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

This is why we can't have nice things.

We've taken the previous feedback, are testing the implementation of the recommendation based on that feedback and will see how customers in aggregate responded.

Cheers
Tony[/QUOTE]

Based on this information, I think we should all complain so that we can get Syndicate PM'd ;)

[quote name='xanchui']I don't get the we'll pricematch some stuff when we feel like it policy. I can understand not matching flash sales or other coupon sales, and no international sales. You should probably pick one set policy and stick to it. January had lots of matches resulting in free/super cheap options, so it's sad to see no one set policy.

edit: thanks complaining douchebags for ruining good sales.[/QUOTE]

Officially, Amazon's PM policy is no price match except for TVs. When they do make a special PM deal, it should be a pleasant surprise to be enjoyed and reminisced about, not a "but you did it last time". All that leads to is no price matching at all, which is the problem we are seeing now.

If given the choice between sticking to the policy of no price matching, and a "every once in a while we will price match on a case by case basis", I'll take the occasional price match every time personally.

Hey Tony! Just a fast 'message to Santa', would love to see NBA 2K12 (Steam code) on sale for $5 or so (hopefully below $10) this seal season, if possible! I guess there will be many other people in the same situation too, since this game has barely any sales overall, and everyone says it's a great basketball/sports game, lol.

/Santa

Also, Tony, pull the VIP card. Walk up to the TSA, "Don't you know who I am? I'm the Santa Clause of digital game deals. Now get me a sleigh ride out of here!"

[quote name='Echoes']This.

Paying 9 cents for a game (that I'm certain some people would resell/trade for a profit) seems to be a little unfair to Amazon when they've had a ton of great sales lately.

I sure wouldn't price match it lol[/QUOTE]

During the January coupon thing earlier this year they price matched games to a level that allowed you to get games for free. So I thought there was a chance. I guess I'm a bit disappointed, but after reading Mooby's post I've put down the torches & pitchforks.

Oh and I wouldn't have traded it. I actually wanted to play it. I guess I'll just have to pick it up next time it goes on sale.

[quote name='awestover89']Officially, Amazon's PM policy is no price match except for TVs. When they do make a special PM deal, it should be a pleasant surprise to be enjoyed and reminisced about, not a "but you did it last time". All that leads to is no price matching at all, which is the problem we are seeing now.

If given the choice between sticking to the policy of no price matching, and a "every once in a while we will price match on a case by case basis", I'll take the occasional price match every time personally.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I agree. Tony never says "we can price match any price." He simply says "These are the prices we can never match: international and flash sales. But on other prices, I will try to match when I can." I don't think he should be faulted when he can't. Their price matching policy is pretty generous as it is, considering no other digital distributor has one as far as I can tell.

I'm bummed that he can't lower prices on Christmas because of complaints, though. I think Black Friday and Christmas should be exceptions to complaints about lowered prices, regardless of when you lowered it, like an after Christmas sale. Prices always drop after Christmas since most people have to buy this stuff to give for Christmas.

[quote name='Idiotekque']

See, this is silly. Under five people complained, while the other fifty understood how Amazon handled things and were fine with it. Why are you basing your decisions on the tiny handful of complainers as opposed to the majority of non-complainers? That makes zero sense to me.[/QUOTE]

I think you missed my previous post. To summarize:

You're looking at this at the Micro level as "people on CAG complained so there isn't a price match". We're looking at it from a Macro level and want to find out "is this sentiment something widespread and impacting the business?".

We'll wrap a battery of analysis around people who purchased the THQ products from us prior to the couponing and how they responded over time and do the same with Syndicate purchasers. This will give a quantified look at how this type of promotion impacts the business long term.

Again, we're collecting data not shooting from the hip, and the end goal is to create a better experience for the customer.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='awestover89']Also, Tony, pull the VIP card. Walk up to the TSA, "Don't you know who I am? I'm the Santa Clause of digital game deals. Now get me a sleigh ride out of here!"[/QUOTE]

I just had to move because the person next to me refused to stop reading my emails...

Cheers,
Tony

Too bad the Kingdoms of Amalur pack isn't still available, I don't have anything I really want to buy with this promotional credit! oh well.

Having literally read through all the messages of the old complaints about the price match, we should all take a step back and realize that preventing one deal from happening not in your favor will probably affect a future one that you COULD benefit from.

Again, we've all bought something where we see it cheaper either here digitally or with the physical goods store pretty quick, but the strong vocal minority (less than 5) probably prevented dozens, hundreds of others finding a use for their EA coupon :)

It sucks to pay more the next day, but really, I think plenty of people got in that initial deal and weren't complaining about it.

Maybe take it back as feedback that if Amazon can benefit a majority of their buyers, they really should consider that position rather than the vocal minority. People just need to manage their purchases/backlog a lot better and really not buy every single game out there since the promos and coupons, etc will never benefit these folks to begin with.

With these holiday sales, pretty much EVERY game is discounted and not being able to match in January or say with EA, etc...just makes the coupon promo sorta useless.

[quote name='pun123']whats everyone buying? I have THQ and EA credit but nothing seems good?[/QUOTE]

I picked up DS2 Season Pass for THQ since I don't have any DLC for that game yet, and the burning, whatever...5 pack for EA (Mercenaries 2, Mirror's Edge, Bulletstorm, Burnout Paradise, The Sabateur) The EA pack I've never really wanted any of those games, but hey it was a good deal and I'm sure I can get some enjoyment out of them.

Looks like 2K promo coupons are being delivered, just received mine. Be patient if yours isn't there yet, you can't use them until tomorrow anyway.

[quote name='Mooby']That said, if you want to add Scribblenauts and Lego LOTR to the EC list and put them at 75% off in January -- fire away![/QUOTE]

And oddly enough, I won't complain because I thought they were worth $7.50 when I bought them, that was the price that I as an adult who makes my own decisions chose to pay and I'm not going to whine about it if someone gets them for $2.50 next month.

That's life. If I really didn't think they were worth $7.50 I wouldn't have bought them but I did and I am perfectly content with that decision.

I also think letting a few vocal complainers on the internet influence pricing decisions is just nuts. No matter what you do someone will be unhappy. That's life.

I am also quite unconvinced on this whole macro level thing. I think people that sit around camped out at the computer and watch every damned price shift are a minority. They seem like the majority here because that's the nature of this forum but most people I know don't obsess over price differences like people do here.

But it's not my job to worry about these sorts of micro/macro customer feelings so I concede there may be factors I am not seeing.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Yeah, I'm inclined to think this is the case.

I agree, it really was the same 2 or 3 people whining about missing out on a promotion. Maybe Tony was bombed with PMs complaining, but given the pretty overwhelming response that we have all had some buyer's remorse, but only a select few seem to blame Amazon for it.

Oh well, let's hope the Editor's Choice selections don't reflect a response to that small band of whiners. Syndicate seems to be a perfect candidate for that. January is less than a week away, so surely someone will have purchased Syndicate in December and will whine about it if it goes 4.99 on the Editor's Choice page.

The spirit of CAG is to encourage things to go as cheap as possible, as quick as possible. Please, track what I buy and drop the price the next day everytime...if it makes other CAGers happy and saves them some coin, then I am all for it.

[quote name='awestover89']I picked up DS2 Season Pass for THQ since I don't have any DLC for that game yet, and the burning, whatever...5 pack for EA (Mercenaries 2, Mirror's Edge, Bulletstorm, Burnout Paradise, The Sabateur) The EA pack I've never really wanted any of those games, but hey it was a good deal and I'm sure I can get some enjoyment out of them.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the Season Pass was the best option.

[quote name='yangwenli']Having literally read through all the messages of the old complaints about the price match, we should all take a step back and realize that preventing one deal from happening not in your favor will probably affect a future one that you COULD benefit from.

Again, we've all bought something where we see it cheaper either here digitally or with the physical goods store pretty quick, but the strong vocal minority (less than 5) probably prevented dozens, hundreds of others finding a use for their EA coupon :)

It sucks to pay more the next day, but really, I think plenty of people got in that initial deal and weren't complaining about it.

Maybe take it back as feedback that if Amazon can benefit a majority of their buyers, they really should consider that position rather than the vocal minority. People just need to manage their purchases/backlog a lot better and really not buy every single game out there since the promos and coupons, etc will never benefit these folks to begin with.

With these holiday sales, pretty much EVERY game is discounted and not being able to match in January or say with EA, etc...just makes the coupon promo sorta useless.[/QUOTE]

Again, no one knows if it really is a vocal minority, that is a likely speculation but outside of gut there are exactly 0 human beings on the earth that know this to be fact. We are going to get the data to change this speculation into fact, either way.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10322795&postcount=11893

[quote name='Daryl']I agree, it really was the same 2 or 3 people whining about missing out on a promotion. Maybe Tony was bombed with PMs complaining, but given the pretty overwhelming response that we have all had some buyer's remorse, but only a select few seem to blame Amazon for it.

Oh well, let's hope the Editor's Choice selections don't reflect a response to that small band of whiners. Syndicate seems to be a perfect candidate for that. January is less than a week away, so surely someone will have purchased Syndicate in December and will whine about it if it goes 4.99 on the Editor's Choice page.

The spirit of CAG is to encourage things to go as cheap as possible, as quick as possible. Please, track what I buy and drop the price the next day everytime...if it makes other CAGers happy and saves them some coin, then I am all for it.[/QUOTE]

Again:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10322795&postcount=11893

More information benefits everyone. Also remember companies test stuff all the time, you all just have someone to tell you about what we're testing and why.

Cheers,
Tony

I got my 2k promo as well. I really can't find much use for this since I already PAID MORE for the stuff before the coupon . If someone still needs Bioshock 1&2 for cheap, let me know and maybe I'll pick up Spec Ops.

I think the CAG folks are overall in the minority when it comes to purchases so it's too bad Amazon can't get sales for stuff that is lower elsewhere.

Edit: Yeah, it'd be great to know what the data tells you. Thanks again for your efforts and working through the holidays. Having done it in the past in Tech, it sucks when I got paged non-stop christmas/new years week.

[quote name='Daryl']I agree, it really was the same 2 or 3 people whining about missing out on a promotion. Maybe Tony was bombed with PMs complaining, but given the pretty overwhelming response that we have all had some buyer's remorse, but only a select few seem to blame Amazon for it.

The spirit of CAG is to encourage things to go as cheap as possible, as quick as possible. Please, track what I buy and drop the price the next day everytime...if it makes other CAGers happy and saves them some coin, then I am all for it.[/QUOTE]

i agree with this statement, i paid full price for digital saint row 3,Darksider 2, Borderlands 2 an X com when they first came out, few month later their price drop a lot but i don't mind i got too enjoy those game at price i thought was worth it

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']No Fluxy...Merry Christmas...TO YOU!

Hope you're having a good one!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

i am actually having a good christmas, thanks to the nba2k13 price, such a steal for 16 bucks thanks tony

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Seriously Tony?? We all have to pay for a couple of wuzzies that threw a fit over a few bucks??

Those people should be banned from this thread dammit!

Imo, the issue is with how EA treated this coupon issue, raising most prices so that even with a $5 coupon I can't see anything worth buying other than the Burning Storming Reflecting pack (but I already own 3 of those).

[quote name='sunghost']Damnit! The complainers ruined it for everyone :cry:

and now I'm turning into a complainer! lol[/QUOTE]

Don't get me started on complainers!

Well said, although in this case the financials are secondary.

It isn't a new norm, but we do take all input seriously, we also don't shoot from the hip, we get information and test to see how changes impact the business.

EDIT:
Also I'm stuck in Orlando Airport and it sucks :(.

Cheers
Tony[/QUOTE]

Ick, at least it's a nice little airport. Tampa greyhound station on New Year's Day is completely another matter.

[quote name='The End']
During the January coupon thing earlier this year they price matched games to a level that allowed you to get games for free. So I thought there was a chance. I guess I'm a bit disappointed, but after reading Mooby's post I've put down the torches & pitchforks.

Oh and I wouldn't have traded it.
I actually wanted to play it. I guess I'll just have to pick it up next time it goes on sale.[/QUOTE]

All this game playing talk is really invading the buying threads. ^_~ I blame the Steam "sale."

[quote name='awestover89']I picked up DS2 Season Pass for THQ since I don't have any DLC for that game yet, and the burning, whatever...5 pack for EA (Mercenaries 2, Mirror's Edge, Bulletstorm, Burnout Paradise, The Sabateur) The EA pack I've never really wanted any of those games, but hey it was a good deal and I'm sure I can get some enjoyment out of them.[/QUOTE]

Bulletstorm is a fun slightly crass romp. Burnout Parasise is great. Mirror's Edge is interesting -- you haven't played anything quite like it (and the first? game to feature PhysX). No experience with the others.

[quote name='DonRamon']Seriously Tony?? We all have to pay for a couple of wuzzies that threw a fit over a few bucks??

Those people should be banned from this thread dammit![/QUOTE]

Lol, thinking of it as punishment is kind of harsh. You should be jazzed that we'll finally have an answer to the age old question, "is this a vocal minority?"

Cheers,
Tony

I'm sure this has been asked before, I bought two games on Amazon today, does that mean I get 1 or 2 $5 credits? Also, When do we get the codes for the credit?

[quote name='Jugglenaut']hey Tony, do you have any information on what the supposed Civ deals there will be on the 28th?[/QUOTE]

Yeah but I need to format all the links and such. I'll post tomorrow when I'm back in Seattle. If I don't pass out on the flight I'll format offline on the plane and do it when I get home.

I'm pretty tired though so this might not happen in flight.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Lol, thinking of it as punishment is kind of harsh. [/QUOTE]

It feels that way though. I feel like I am in grade school and the whole class got punished because two or three kids were acting up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back