Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
More information benefits everyone. Also remember companies test stuff all the time, you all just have someone to tell you about what we're testing and why.[/QUOTE]

My only suggestion is if it is possible to create a separate thread to discuss feelings and impacts about deals, and keep this one about actual deals. It's kind of hard to wade through all the posts complaining about this (not just the ones about complaints, but the ones complaining about complaints).

I just want to find the best deals for the current promotions!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yeah but I need to format all the links and such. I'll post tomorrow when I'm back in Seattle. If I don't pass out on the flight I'll format offline on the plane and do it when I get home.

I'm pretty tired though so this might not happen in flight.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Get some sleep, you need it. And thanks for all the amazing deals.

[quote name='yangwenli']I got my 2k promo as well. I really can't find much use for this since I already PAID MORE for the stuff before the coupon . If someone still needs Bioshock 1&2 for cheap, let me know and maybe I'll pick up Spec Ops.[/QUOTE]

Spec Ops is totally worth it. The story is top notch. I happily paid $20 for that pack.

[quote name='jimmywolf13']i agree with this statement, i paid full price for digital saint row 3,Darksider 2, Borderlands 2 an X com when they first came out, few month later their price drop a lot but i don't mind i got too enjoy those game at price i thought was worth it[/QUOTE]

Full price?!? Lots of CAGs pre-ordered but none of them paid full price. Tony had a nice BL2 pre-order promo in this very thread. (DS2 as well iirc)

[quote name='espy605']...........
I just want to find the best deals for the current promotions![/QUOTE]

That's usually the first post; that's where Tony makes his updates.

[quote name='Motoki']And oddly enough, I won't complain because I thought they were worth $7.50 when I bought them, that was the price that I as an adult who makes my own decisions chose to pay and I'm not going to whine about it if someone gets them for $2.50 next month.

That's life. If I really didn't think they were worth $7.50 I wouldn't have bought them but I did and I am perfectly content with that decision.

I also think letting a few vocal complainers on the internet influence pricing decisions is just nuts. No matter what you do someone will be unhappy. That's life.

I am also quite unconvinced on this whole macro level thing. I think people that sit around camped out at the computer and watch every damned price shift are a minority. They seem like the majority here because that's the nature of this forum but most people I know don't obsess over price differences like people do here.

But it's not my job to worry about these sorts of micro/macro customer feelings so I concede there may be factors I am not seeing.[/QUOTE]

i agree, its only 5 bucks guys 7.50 is pretty darn cheap for some good games. pretty sad how people want it lower than it already is. how is amazon and the developers going to make profit then..fucked up christmas spirit

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Lol, thinking of it as punishment is kind of harsh. You should be jazzed that we'll finally have an answer to the age old question, "is this a vocal minority?"

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Why oh why we all have to suffer?!?!

Honestly I hope you care to share that data with us, it'd be interesting to see what the numbers show.

[quote name='espy605']My only suggestion is if it is possible to create a separate thread to discuss feelings and impacts about deals, and keep this one about actual deals. It's kind of hard to wade through all the posts complaining about this (not just the ones about complaints, but the ones complaining about complaints).

You're new here, huh? You don't need to look further than the OP for that. Sure it might get updated minutes, even hours later, but that's all you need. And seriously without feelings involved why even bother with video games?

[quote name='DonRamon']Why oh why we all have to suffer?!?![/QUOTE]

That there are a large number of tough guys who are in touch with their inner drama queen.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']That's usually the first post; that's where Tony makes his updates.[/QUOTE]

There are plenty of times when Tony doesn't update it, or the deal is about a pricematch which doesn't make it to the OP. I also like reading posts by users explaining why this deal is better than that deal.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yeah but I need to format all the links and such. I'll post tomorrow when I'm back in Seattle. If I don't pass out on the flight I'll format offline on the plane and do it when I get home.

I'm pretty tired though so this might not happen in flight.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Well, I might be part of the vocal minority on this issue, BUT...

I say get some rest. You were up late last night making sure the coupons went out smoothly despite some last-minute technical issues. I think you and your dev did great work!

We can handle not knowing about a deal 3 days in advance. This time. ;)

[quote name='asheskitty']You're new here, huh? You don't need to look further than the OP for that. Sure it might get updated minutes, even hours later, but that's all you need. And seriously without feelings involved why even bother with video games?[/QUOTE]

New here? Please. I've been posting here before you were a member. I don't need to read your posts over and over in this thread complaining or asking the same questions over and over.

[quote name='espy605']My only suggestion is if it is possible to create a separate thread to discuss feelings and impacts about deals, and keep this one about actual deals. It's kind of hard to wade through all the posts complaining about this (not just the ones about complaints, but the ones complaining about complaints).

Sure, remember I don't own this thread or forum, Cheapy does. He and I have a great relationship but I'm not going to dictate what people can and can't do in any thread, even one I provide most of the updates for.

The only exception is when we get trolls in here or people start calling names. Then I say something, but even then I reach out to Cheapy either before or immediately after.

If you want an "Amazon feedback thread" on the sale site, I'd love to help field questions and take feedback.

[quote name='Fluxy']i agree, its only 5 bucks guys 7.50 is pretty darn cheap for some good games. pretty sad how people want it lower than it already is. how is amazon and the developers going to make profit then..fucked up christmas spirit[/QUOTE]

To be clear, I don't think our profitability should ever be a non-Amazon employee's concern (so you guys). That's my job, you all should be focused on getting the best content you can at the best value, however you define value. Some define it as straight amount paid for a game, others define it as getting to play day 1 with everyone else, others want all DLC at launch or when on promotion, etc.

We'll worry about profit, and I'll try to be as transparent about it as possible while we do :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='espy605']New here? Please. I've been posting here before you were a member. I don't need to read your posts over and over in this thread complaining or asking the same questions over and over.[/QUOTE]

Thread obviously. Then don't.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I think you missed my previous post. To summarize:

You're looking at this at the Micro level as "people on CAG complained so there isn't a price match". We're looking at it from a Macro level and want to find out "is this sentiment something widespread and impacting the business?".

We'll wrap a battery of analysis around people who purchased the THQ products from us prior to the couponing and how they responded over time and do the same with Syndicate purchasers. This will give a quantified look at how this type of promotion impacts the business long term.

Again, we're collecting data not shooting from the hip, and the end goal is to create a better experience for the customer.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
It still seems extremely silly and nonsensical, no matter what analytical spin is put on it. Something goes on sale, people buy it, later it goes on sale for cheaper, those people complain. This is standard fare since the dawn of the digital gaming age; does it really take that much analysis to figure that out?

But alright, like Mooby said, it is what it is. It "is" stupid, but oh well.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
To be clear, I don't think our profitability should ever be a non-Amazon employee's concern (so you guys). That's my job, you all should be focused on getting the best content you can at the best value, however you define value. Some define it as straight amount paid for a game, others define it as getting to play day 1 with everyone else, others want all DLC at launch or when on promotion, etc.

We'll worry about profit, and I'll try to be as transparent about it as possible while we do :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Well said.

Last year EA's relationship with Amazon was really awesome. Games like Alice for $2.49, Crysis 2 for $5 and Medal Of Honor 2010 for $0.00 come to mind when I see how badly EA is behaving now. I am sure it has to do with EA, not Amazon.
Maybe EA is jealous of Amazon because of sales margin or something, so that's maybe why Origin has 50% off sale now and won't allow a big competitor to ruin it for them.
I realized that when I checked my Origin account and found 29 purchases from Amazon VS only 4 from Origin store :lol:

By the way guys, Lego LOTR is awesome :applause:

[quote name='Idiotekque']It still seems extremely silly and nonsensical, no matter what analytical spin is put on it. Something goes on sale, people buy it, later it goes on sale for cheaper, those people complain. This is standard fare since the dawn of the digital gaming age; does it really take that much analysis to figure that out?

But alright, like Mooby said, it is what it is. It "is" stupid, but oh well.[/QUOTE]

It's Christmas and you live in Maui: stress levels must drop!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtqN-blbDXY

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Lol never change Mooby. You've quickly risen to one of my favorite people on the earth.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

At this point I'm far too old to change!

Can anyone share the links to the promotions? Did not get the emails but the mad hamster lord told me the promotions should be in my account. Just need a way to sort through the available games now.

[quote name='Shrowd']Can anyone share the links to the promotions? Did not get the emails but the mad hamster lord told me the promotions should be in my account. Just need a way to sort through the available games now.[/QUOTE]

Edit: never mind, links below are better.

PMs are among the best known examples of "you had this on sale but someone else had it cheaper, so now it's cheaper if you'll buy from us too," so it's a bit different than the issue from earlier because it wasn't a planned promotion. People complaining on Darksiders gets into the issue of this was already planned and is from Amazon, here it'd be this is an unexpected sale to all and is something that you can, coincidentally, get a better offer from. I'm not sure it's the best idea to consider both under the same rug; yes in both instances you have something go cheaper, but the *circumstances* of the sale are entirely different.

[quote name='r9800pro']
Maybe EA is jealous of Amazon[/QUOTE]

I must be getting tired. I wanted to find a good funny jealous image but I looked and looked and I got nothin'.

[quote name='Shrowd']Can anyone share the links to the promotions? Did not get the emails but the mad hamster lord told me the promotions should be in my account. Just need a way to sort through the available games now.[/QUOTE]

EA: [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000894301

[SIZE=-1]THQ: [/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000894321

[SIZE=-1]Ubisoft: [/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000894291

[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]

It's never a name I've used on a forum before... the name I use pretty much all the time was taken. For some reason I had Dogma on my mind and picked some avatar from Deathspank since I liked the art style.

[quote name='Larce80']soooo how do you apply it? I bought THQ medley and Darksiders 2 isnt going down in price[/QUOTE]
please help

[quote name='asheskitty']
That there are a large number of tough guys who are in touch with their inner drama queen.[/QUOTE]

Nobody is complaining because Tony doesn't want to lower the prices, even more, it's just a matter of observing steam's sales right now in this very moment to realize how much of a good job this man has done.

The problem I have is when a few try to have their way in life by b****g about it and then they find the chance to get away with it. That is what is totally unfair, not a game going for a bunch pennies more or a bunch of pennies less.

This small bunch of ingrate ba****s shouldn't have had Tony's wheels working over his ever going efforts to bring us better deals.

[quote name='DarkZero104']PMs are among the best known examples of "you had this on sale but someone else had it cheaper, so now it's cheaper if you'll buy from us too," so it's a bit different than the issue from earlier because it wasn't a planned promotion. People complaining on Darksiders gets into the issue of this was already planned and is from Amazon, here it'd be this is an unexpected sale to all and is something that you can, coincidentally, get a better offer from. I'm not sure it's the best idea to consider both under the same rug; yes in both instances you have something go cheaper, but the *circumstances* of the sale are entirely different.[/QUOTE]

That used to happen on steam, all the time in all the sales, and guess what, you just had to live with your decisions and there was nothing that you could do. Why should it be any different in cag/amazon?

[quote name='r9800pro']Last year EA's relationship with Amazon was really awesome. Games like Alice for $2.49, Crysis 2 for $5 and Medal Of Honor 2010 for $0.00 come to mind when I see how badly EA is behaving now. I am sure it has to do with EA, not Amazon.
Maybe EA is jealous of Amazon because of sales margin or something, so that's maybe why Origin has 50% off sale now and won't allow a big competitor to ruin it for them.
I realized that when I checked my Origin account and found 29 purchases from Amazon VS only 4 from Origin store :lol:

By the way guys, Lego LOTR is awesome :applause:[/QUOTE]

I think when any large company starts their own download service, the inclination is to maximize profits so they are very reluctant to do massive sales, especially with their own properties. Reps from EA have said that doing so destroys the values of their franchises. Digital distribution sales is relatively new, and the only company that has extensive records , data and testing in this is Steam, really. Smaller companies, like GreenManGaming and GamersGate tend to be able to move faster and make changes than a bigger corporation, to adapt and learn.

I think initially, Amazon digital sales weren't that much different. For a long time they didn't really have noteworthy sales that often, and it's only been the past couple years that they've really changed things up.

[quote name='Shrowd']rockin, all the games above $5 from each publisher are fair game right?[/QUOTE]

I believe that's the case. I know 2k has a $10 limit but that promo isn't until the 26th. The others not 100% sure.

[quote name='Larce80']please help[/QUOTE]

Can you get me an order ID, like right now? I think we're finally leaving.

[quote name='DonRamon']Nobody is complaining because Tony doesn't want to lower the prices, even more, it's just a matter of observing steam's sales right now in this very moment to realize how much of a good job this man has done.

The problem I have is when a few try to have their way in life by b****g about it and then they find the chance to get away with it. That is what is totally unfair, not a game going for a bunch pennies more or a bunch of pennies less.

This small bunch of ingrate ba****s shouldn't have had Tony's wheels working over his ever going efforts to bring us better deals.[/QUOTE]

Again, there shouldn't be any animosity here (although I do appreciate the kind words about the efficacy of what we're doing).

This is literally the most impartial situation possible, where we're going to remove all qualitative feedback on either side of the argument and just look at numbers.

We'll then blend this with the qualitative feedback (comments and such) to try and paint ourselves a full picture.

Cheers
Tony

[quote name='Shrowd']rockin, all the games above $5 from each publisher are fair game right?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mooby']I believe that's the case. I know 2k has a $10 limit but that promo isn't until the 26th. The others not 100% sure.[/QUOTE]

I can verify it worked on a $6.49 Ubisoft purchase for me earlier. I don't have an EA one though.

Hey Tony couple questions for ya, answer the ones you can and just let me know the ones you can't.

I bought a 2K Strategy Bundle about a week ago so I'm expected a 2K promo credit as soon as they start hitting accounts based on what I've read in this thread.

1.) Do we have to have the email for that promo credit to be sitting in our account tomorrow? Or, even if the email hasn't arrived, can we start walking through the process and expect to see the credit applied? Does the credit hit when the email goes out, or are those completely independent of each other? If they are independent of each other, a lot of us can just check through the checkout process to see if the credit is there and stop worrying on if the email hits our inbox.

2.) Do you know roughly what the order is on who's getting the 2k emails first? Is it last in (most recent transactions) first out (getting the email early) versus those of us who haven't purchased in the last day or so.

3.) Any rough guess on when you think all the emails will have gone out for 2k? Knowing this a lot of us might stop worrying on when it arrives until a set time. Meaning if you think they'll all be out by say tomorrow noon, we'll stop worrying on when it might come until sometime after noon tomorrow.

Thanks again for all the updates and work you do. Hopefully the whiners don't get you down and please know transparency in how the process works is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Tanner

[quote name='DonRamon']That used to happen on steam, all the time in all the sales, and guess what, you just had to live with your decisions and there was nothing that you could do. Why should it be any different in cag/amazon?[/QUOTE]

you misunderstand. i agree with your position here, i do believe that once a person chooses an purchase point and goes through with it they should be held to that. i'm just pointing out that it's not quite apples and apples as the situation earlier; Planned Amazon sale -> Planned Amazon sale + coupon can frustrate people who trusted amazon because that's entirely their doing. Planned Amazon sale -> Unexpected sale a normal retailer has getting price matched + coupon is an entirely different monster. The former is an issue of "we thought you had our back!" (whether that's true or not is entirely different of an argument) but the latter... doesn't have that. It's not something Amazon themselves planned and I can promise you that there will be VERY few people who consider price matching bad policy. they may not *know* it's a PM, but in general that's a very, very popular thing a retailer can do. that in turn just makes the issue kind of a... "well, guess I should've thought what others are going to do too," taking Amazon off the blame. It's not quite apples and oranges, but more like apples and pears, for a fruit analogy. so any data analysis on this should be aware of the differences there and that it may not be entirely fair. the bottom line's still the same, but the method's different. question is of course, who's aware of the method (CAG, SD? yes. random consumer joe? no) that's also buying regularly.

i do hope though that the January sale is removed from all this though. that's part of what made last year so good really, it was sale from a vendor in the US -> PM, constantly. if we're walking on eggshells the entire time... it dampens the effect and value there.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sent you a PM dude, I'm about to get kicked off this plane though...gotta shut down.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
thanks I sent the stuff

[quote name='G_freemanX']Hey Tony!! Any chance of getting this pack again for sale for $9.99 ??
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009PNLAAW/

Please...[/QUOTE]

To quote the great Taylor Swift, (or mis-quote) "This pack is never, ever ,ever, ever getting back together."!

Also have a safe trip Tony.! ALso I think this got missed but any chance on those Price Matches this evening on Titan Quest , Immortal Thrones, and TQ Gold? ($7.49, $7.49, and $9.99 respectively from Steam/ Impulsedriven).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back