Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gueeds']Tony,

I have the 2k coupon, but when i go to puchase the Tantalizing THQ Medley pack, I do not see the discount applied to my order.[/QUOTE]

:lol::lol::lol:

I went for the Saints Row Full Package for $2.49. I already have most of the content for the game, but I figured I could get the rest at that price.

Probably not using my EA coupon, didn't see anything good. I may use the 2K one at some point.

I have the 2k coupon, but when i go to puchase the Tantalizing THQ Medley pack, I do not see the discount applied to my order.[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:k

:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

I got a THQ coupon in my email even though I haven't bought anything off Amazon in a long time. Is this supposed to happen? Or should I be calling my credit card company to see if my CC was stolen? lol

[quote name='fgq']I've finished AC1, haven't started AC2 though and own AC:B. I'm just wondering which would be a solid buy since january sales are coming.[/QUOTE]

Finished AC1, wow! I haven't started it yet; it's in my backlog. Since I own everything but ACIII, I haven't been closely following the others. I picked up AC2 for $5 (two? years back), AC:B Deluxe for $7.50 (one year? back) and AC:R Deluxe for ~$12 (September?). I haven't seen them lower than that. There are three price trackers in my sig. camelcamelcamel.com is my favorite price tracker for Amazon, though I haven't tried it with digital games.

[quote name='CheapThomas']Tony,

Mafia (the original one) http://www.amazon.com/2K-Games-4104..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1DHRTBZ3ZET2HQY2Y05T is listed in the 2k promotion but the game isn't on Steam anymore. Is there a way you could please verify if the steam keys would still work there?

btw - for others who may be interested, apparently this game is being pulled from other services as well so assuming the key still works, this may be one of the last chances to get the original.[/QUOTE]

You can always activate legit steam keys (is my understanding). Recently Red Faction: Guerrilla was pulled from the steam store but it is still available in the THQ Medley.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Sorry should have been clearer. The sentiment around the coupons fot about 10 pages yesterday way "not cool I would have waited to buy the THQ stuff." Same concept here.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

So what are the chances of certain games, like LEGO games, i.e. LotR more specifically for $7.5. Or even the Harry Batman Pack...

If I buy it now I won't be upset to see it for $5 less with the -$5 discount in January? Or you simply can't tell for sure?

Because if it will be cheaper I'd wait, no doubt.

Last comment on the PM/data collection, literally the last comment. If I was going to respond with something less than 100% transparency I wouldn't respond...or just say "we're not price matching that".

Cheers,
Tony

Tony,

I think I speak for everyone when I say people would embrace with open arms the prospect of Scribblenauts and Lego LOTR as EC games with a 75% off sale in January. You would down in the sea of love that would flow from such an event.

[quote name='Ness3']I got a THQ coupon in my email even though I haven't bought anything off Amazon in a long time. Is this supposed to happen? Or should I be calling my credit card company to see if my CC was stolen? lol[/QUOTE]

Promo coupon is for any THQ game bought during the 2012 year [prior to Dec. 25th]. I got a 2K coupon for buying Duke Nukem back in Jan 2nd, 2012.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Alright you should be good to go. I spend roughly 3 times the coupon amount on in flight internet to get it to you lol.

This update brought to you by gogo in flight internet.

To those PMing me about 2K coupons, I'll check back in tomorrow to see if you've gotten them.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
should I be seeing the price minus the discount at this screen? http://i.imgur.com/QBcc8.png
thanks for helping

Got my 2k coupon. Now I just realized NBA2k13 is only $14.99 for today while the coupon works tomorrow lol. So far, I'm looking at Desert to Sea bundle or 2k Strategy Super Pack.

[quote name='Larce80']should I be seeing the price minus the discount at this screen? http://i.imgur.com/QBcc8.png
thanks for helping[/QUOTE]

Yep give it a bit to flow through, I literally just kicked it off, and I'm 30K in the air so it might take a hot second to flow through our system.

Cheers,
Tony

Well, I never recieved 2K coupon and I did not see any game worth using it, also this Holiday Sales (Amazon & Steam) were really bad for me. I just hope January has good deals and all my $5 coupons (I have at least 20) are put to good use.

Just to make someone else happy here is a gift:

METRO 2033
4WWJZ-RKBR2-36V9X

[quote name='asheskitty']Finished AC1, wow! I haven't started it yet; it's in my backlog. Since I own everything but ACIII, I haven't been closely following the others. I picked up AC2 for $5 (two? years back), AC:B Deluxe for $7.50 (one year? back) and AC:R Deluxe for ~$12 (September?). I haven't seen them lower than that. There are three price trackers in my sig. camelcamelcamel.com is my favorite price tracker for Amazon, though I haven't tried it with digital games.[/quote]

AC1 is a bit repetitive on the secondary missions, i liked the story though.
Thanks for the tip on the price trackers! Bought AC:B Gold, i'm going to postpone Rayman.

[quote name='tham1988']wait
so is it an issue that I haven't gotten my 2k coupon yet?
or are they still getting sent out?[/QUOTE]

Batches still going out. If you haven't gotten it by tomorrow morning let me know.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Batches still going out. If you haven't gotten it by tomorrow morning let me know.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

ok thank you
just needed to check since I'm at work from 7-7 tomorrow

I just got the 2K email, now need to think what to get lol

It seems that EA promo credit was deleted from the system or something, me and 2 friends don't have it working anymore but THQ and UBI work fine.
It is not a big issue cuz there is nothing interesting in EA list but just wanted Tony to know

Maybe I have a bad taste or something, but I bought Brink Complete key for $3 from a CAG few days ago and I liked it. Maybe because I've always wanted it :D

[quote name='Zerokoolpsx']Got my 2k coupon. Now I just realized NBA2k13 is only $14.99 for today while the coupon works tomorrow lol. So far, I'm looking at Desert to Sea bundle or 2k Strategy Super Pack.[/QUOTE]

2K Strategy Super Pack is where I'll be dropping my 2k $5 :) $14.99 for everything Civ 5 and the Stronghold collection is perfect for me at that price, and I'll have a Civ 4 key for someone out there as I already own it.

Has anyone been getting the $5 January coupons for purchases made today? I haven't received mine from Scribblenauts, and I made the purchase this morning. I don't mind not having it as I already have 4 of them, but you never know how good the deals will be then.

Tony, if we lose you because you refused to give up talking to us, I'm gonna be pissed. In other words, you better not let dad catch you chatting with your internet lovers and end up grounded (lol, grounded ;))!

EDIT:[quote name='tham1988']speaking of brink
I have a key for it if someone wants to make me an offer[/QUOTE]

Speaking of trading games, this isn't the place for that. ;)

Tony, would you mind changing the text color for the 12/25-12/27 deals in the OP? The blue text is kind of hard to read against the black background. Thanks and keep up the good work.

[quote name='Jugglenaut']Has anyone been getting the $5 January coupons for purchases made today? I haven't received mine from Scribblenauts, and I made the purchase this morning. I don't mind not having it as I already have 4 of them, but you never know how good the deals will be then.[/QUOTE]

I got two for my purchases this morning, but that was just past midnight PST. Haven't made any purchases since then

It seems the Ubisoft credit didn't work for me. I followed the link in the email and checked out. I thought that the code had been applied, but it pulled the amount from my credit balance.

I emailed support, hopefully they'll be able to straighten it out. Has anyone else had this problem?

[quote name='tham1988']speaking of brink
I have a key for it if someone wants to make me an offer[/QUOTE]

Yeah, pay me $5 and I'll install it. :)

[quote name='r9800pro']Maybe I have a bad taste or something, but I bought Brink Complete key for $3 from a CAG few days ago and I liked it. Maybe because I've always wanted it :D[/QUOTE]

Well i redeemed the Hunted code for by accident... i was like dammit now i have this game on my library... Then started playing it and the game is mad fun :D

[quote name='timjcole']It seems the Ubisoft credit didn't work for me. I followed the link in the email and checked out. I thought that the code had been applied, but it pulled the amount from my credit balance.

I emailed support, hopefully they'll be able to straighten it out. Has anyone else had this problem?[/QUOTE]

Was the game more than $5? Some people tried buying $4.99 games and those aren't valid with the promo

Yes, I bought a $4.99 game, but it seemed from the email that it was valid for it.

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] To thank you, Ubisoft and Amazon would like to offer you a $5 credit towards any Ubisoft Digital Video Game Sold by Amazon.com and priced $4.99 on 12/25 only.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='timjcole']It seems the Ubisoft credit didn't work for me. I followed the link in the email and checked out. I thought that the code had been applied, but it pulled the amount from my credit balance.

I emailed support, hopefully they'll be able to straighten it out. Has anyone else had this problem?[/QUOTE]

Yup. My ubisoft credit didn't work on a $7.49 item. I actually got two Ubisoft emails, but credit wasn't being applied. I contacted support via chat, which led to them calling, which led to being told to buy it and it will show after checkout. It didn't. Support then gave me a general $5 credit to use on my next order.

So that's two phone calls with Amazon today with general credits issued pre-purchase (for a THQ credit that never showed) and post-purchase (for a Ubisoft that did show, but didn't work.)

This promotion is great, but it seems to not be working very well.

Info for others:
The Sega Classics Steam Key from Amazon for 5$ generates one entry in your steam library which contains X number of DLC.

When playing this game you will be seen as playing "Sega Classics" not Sonic 1. I'm pretty sure.

[quote name='timjcole']Yes, I bought a $4.99 game, but it seemed from the email that it was valid for it.

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] To thank you, Ubisoft and Amazon would like to offer you a $5 credit towards any Ubisoft Digital Video Game Sold by Amazon.com and priced $4.99 on 12/25 only.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Yeah, seems like the page and the email had a typo, Tony was saying in this thread the coupon is $5 and can be used on any game more than $5, so $5.01 or more. The 2K coupon tomorrow is, $9.99 or $10 minimum, can't remember which.

The wording does make it confusing if you don't happen to catch Tony's explanation here.

[quote name='distgfx']I got my email for the 2K code, but it isn't working on any 2K game I try to buy from the list. Anybody else having the same problem?[/QUOTE]

The 2k promotion doesn't start until tomorrow.

[quote name='distgfx']I got my email for the 2K code, but it isn't working on any 2K game I try to buy from the list. Anybody else having the same problem?[/QUOTE]

2K sale doesn't start til tomorrow. Today is EA/THQ/Ubi

Won't work until tomorrow.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='asheskitty']Yay, got my 2K promo 90 min ago. Nice work Tony! I look forward to whatever BL2 deals you have in the works.[/QUOTE]

BUT IT DIZNT WRK N0W HALPPP!!!!!11

:rofl:

[quote name='Idiotekque']Amazon has screwed up a great many things during this promotion, lol. Great promotion, just a total mess.

The cake Ubisoft email is a lie.[/QUOTE]

/agreed.

Cheers,
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back