Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
I would recommend Minecraft or Killing Floor personally. Seems I can get lost for hours in those games. That or trying to 100% Sleeping Dogs, but there's a wedding in that, so I don't know. No weddings in Killing Floor.

[quote name='DarkGamer11']CAGs,
This may not be the best place for this but here it goes. Long story short I got dumped today out of the blue. I'm doing better than I was this morning but it still blows. Anyway, I'm looking for a game to lose myself in the next couple days since I'm off of work. Anybody have any suggestions? What's your "go to" game to take your mind off things? I have amazon and steam credit leftover, plus $20 on psn. I like the community in this thread so that's why I'm asking here. Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

I started playing a lot more League of Legends after I broke up with my GF. It's easy to jump in and out of and doesn't require a huge time sink. I found it a nice way to balance wanting to get out with my friends and wanting to completely phase out and just game for hours.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Uverworld']Still no coupon. PMed Tony, no reply :cry:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Tony, your power is waning. I sense a disturbance in the Force. It's as if a thousand gamers just cried out in joygasm and then went to GMG. I fear something awesome has happened.

GMG just destroyed you on that Civ V G&K sale. $3.15. Toss on 3% for the international and I'm still glad you didn't tell me in time about the G&K sale now. Glad I used my 2k coupon on Mechromancer after all.

A new year's resolution might be to get to changing your policy on PM'ing international sites to let it apply to certain sites that are directly targeting your sales. They're starting to eat y'all's lunch.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Idiotekque']Amen.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Lemstar']Wasn't Mechromancer $3.50 at GMG the other day too?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='60fps']GMG runs out of keys too fast. I tried to get Sine Mora, Alpha Protocol and some other game and every time I went it said "out of stock". It's like some divine force only wants me to shop at Amazon...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Detruire']Just me being curious, but do you mean by "3% for the international"?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='espy605']Yes, and the BL2 Season Pass was around $10, and Alpha Protocl today was like $3.50. They're really bringing it this week.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Tolyngee']Borderlands 2 itself was only $21. Has anyone beaten that yet?[/QUOTE]

FYI again, unless business models change overseas we won't be matching international retailers :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Severose']An MMO is the way to go. There are a bunch of free ones, or you can grab something like The Secret World of Guild Wars 1 or 2. The point is, MMOs are HUGE timesinks, which definitely helped me escaped the crappy things in my life (breakups, depression over other things). Most recently I got sucked into APB Reloaded, which took up about 20 hours of my life.

The Secret World will be discounted soon on Amazon, so I'd recommend that highly. If you need some people to play with, there's actually a CAG Steam group for the game, if you decide to get into it. PM Idiotekque and he'll get you added to the group. Nothing better to get through a break up than playing games with a couple of buddies.

On a side note, and also having been in a similar situation, if you need any support at all, please let me know.[/QUOTE]

What Severose said. A bunch of us are playing TSW right now. PM me and I'll buy you a copy myself.

Cheers,
Tony

Reminder, last day to use Amazon 2k $5 promo credit. I guess I'll be picking up the WTF The Crazy Action Pack.

This may not be the best place for this but here it goes. Long story short I got dumped today out of the blue. I'm doing better than I was this morning but it still blows. Anyway, I'm looking for a game to lose myself in the next couple days since I'm off of work. Anybody have any suggestions? What's your "go to" game to take your mind off things? I have amazon and steam credit leftover, plus $20 on psn. I like the community in this thread so that's why I'm asking here. Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

For stuff like that I like something fairly simple but engaging. My favorite go-to games for that are racing games, brawlers (Sleeping Dogs, Batman AA/AC), or something Diablo-ish (Torchlight 2 or Borderlands 1/2). I'd give a good vote to SR3 as well -- that just brings a stupid smile to my face.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']What Severose said. A bunch of us are playing TSW right now. PM me and I'll buy you a copy myself.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Tony you are a fine individual. Just need people to tell you that every once in a while.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']What Severose said. A bunch of us are playing TSW right now. PM me and I'll buy you a copy myself.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Tony man... You're amazing dude. I just can't understand how, in this day and age, there exists such an awesome representative from a HUGE company. WTF dude? You're like... Overpowered...

I hope he takes you up on it, this has the potential to be the most amazing experience I've had with a multiplayer game.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Tony, you're simply awesome. Sorry for Darkgamer, but when a story ends another one begins. Good luck in your future.

PS: @Tony, do you know anything about the upcoming EC list, or any opportunity of having Alan Wake (base game) in that list during the daily sale (also a price match would be great XD).

Happy new year, and best wishes from Spain, CAGs!

[quote name='G_freemanX']Is the Editor's choice price list coming soon?[/QUOTE]

I'm still getting stuff in from developers. I'm waiting until we have a full, finalized list before posting though. I will tell you that those who missed out on the 2K packs should be good to go as it looks like we'll be adding those for the effective prices as right now.

So the only one that should go up in SRP is the Bioshock Pack, to $9.99, which will make it $4.99.

The other packs will all be their current SRP + the $5 off anyone with an EC coupon.

There is a very slight possibility that XCOM, Borderlands 2, and NBA 2K13 will get promotions (they are already on the list). We're still thinking about it though.

For those waiting to pick up a big chunk of The Sims 3:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AV9N0UM will be $50 or $45 with coupon.

[quote name='IkedaTeramusa']Tony you are a fine individual. Just need people to tell you that every once in a while.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Severose']Tony man... You're amazing dude. I just can't understand how, in this day and age, there exists such an awesome representative from a HUGE company. WTF dude? You're like... Overpowered...

I hope he takes you up on it, this has the potential to be the most amazing experience I've had with a multiplayer game.[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys :) you all are great.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='IkedaTeramusa']Nah, Call Amazon.. dial in your number, tell them to call you. They'll help you over the phone. Simple.[/QUOTE]

Maybe calling them would be better than email. I tried to email twice, and the people who answered were completely unhelpful. Basically saying where to check my balance, and saying that it'll be applied at checkout... it's like they didn't even read my question, because I basically said in my email that I already KNEW that.

I know customer support can be difficult sometimes, but basically not even reading the question is ridiculous. Even just to answer "Sorry, we don't have that information", even though I KNOW I had someone more helpful a few months ago who was able to tell me exactly what breakdown my credits were for.

Ridiculous.

At least we have Tony...

[quote name='LN3000']Maybe calling them would be better than email. I tried to email twice, and the people who answered were completely unhelpful. Basically saying where to check my balance, and saying that it'll be applied at checkout... it's like they didn't even read my question, because I basically said in my email that I already KNEW that.

I know customer support can be difficult sometimes, but basically not even reading the question is ridiculous. Even just to answer "Sorry, we don't have that information", even though I KNOW I had someone more helpful a few months ago who was able to tell me exactly what breakdown my credits were for.

Ridiculous.

At least we have Tony...[/QUOTE]

I must have missed what your problem was? Can you restate?

Also, guys, me offering to buy a guy a copy of a game because his girlfriend just broke up with him is not a call to spam my inbox with requests for me to buy you games.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I must have missed what your problem was? Can you restate?

Also, guys, me offering to buy a guy a copy of a game because his girlfriend just broke up with him is not a call to spam my inbox with requests for me to buy you games.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

But, Tony... "My dog just died"

(who am I kidding, I bet you already got that PM...)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
There is a very slight possibility that XCOM, Borderlands 2, and NBA 2K13 will get promotions (they are already on the list). We're still thinking about it though.
[/QUOTE]
Would be really cool if you could match GMG's price and offer XCOM for $17.50 after rebate.

Otherwise, many thanks for the sales! I picked up Civ5 Gods&Kings, Saints Row Full Package and LEGO LotR (the first two with coupons).

WoW, that Sims deal is nice looking. I was just complaining to the wife that the Sims3 expansion packs are too expensive to catch up.

Edit:

TONY,

The initial problem is there is no real way on Amazon to check how much credit we have that can be used. If you check Amazon there is a couple of links to the discounts you are due but since they cross over (to say Amazon Instant Video) or the like, there is no real way to tell WHAT your $$$$ back should be. i.e. I don't know if I have a 2K $5 discount or a $5 Amazon Instant Cred until I checkout. And in the case of Amazon Instant Video they're one click purchases (which is how I found out about this rigamarole in the first place because it charged me the full price even though it said I had a AIV credit... person on the phone was extremely helpful and I learned some interesting stuff). Problem comes down into the guessing whether or not your credits are applicable to a given purchase.

[quote name='Tolyngee']But, Tony... "My dog just died"

(who am I kidding, I bet you already got that PM...)[/QUOTE]

But Tony, I had a 14-hour drive yesterday in a packed car with a sick 3-year old yesterday highlighted by said 3-year old, just after leaving from a potty stop, saying, "I'm peeing in my car seat."

I'll bet you didn't get that PM.

Asked earlier but looks like it might've gotten lost in the shuffle, is there any chance we'll see Syndicate on sale this coming month?

Dayz ... you wander around an empty map, feeling lost and alone ... scavenging for anything you can find ... you might meet another person ... they may help you ... or kill you ... perfect for losing hours on

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I must have missed what your problem was? Can you restate?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

But his girlfriend just broke up with me too...

[quote name='etcrane']Dayz ... you wander around an empty map, feeling lost and alone ... scavenging for anything you can find ... you might meet another person ... they may help you ... or kill you ... perfect for losing hours on[/QUOTE]

Not the game though to play if you're getting divorced...

Damn b**** took me for everything... Meh, I'll just play some DayZ...

Cool, now I've got some great gear and... WHAT? Someone just hacked me and took me for everything I had...

Instantly back to reality...

You guys are vultures. Tony was trying to be nice and people who seagull stuff ruin it for everyone. Next time Tony won't or can't be nice.

Idiots. Everyone wants stuff for free.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']For those waiting to pick up a big chunk of The Sims 3:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AV9N0UM will be $50 or $45 with coupon.[/QUOTE]

Not bad at all. Too bad I already own everything in the pack. :(

Hopefully there will be more Sims 3 stuff though. I own everything up to the Pets expansion, so I need the stuff since then.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']But his girlfriend just broke up with me too...[/QUOTE]

lol

Heartless wench.

[quote name='Tolyngee']But, Tony... "My dog just died"

(who am I kidding, I bet you already got that PM...)[/QUOTE]

Lol :)

[quote name='gilby']But Tony, I had a 14-hour drive yesterday in a packed car with a sick 3-year old yesterday highlighted by said 3-year old, just after leaving from a potty stop, saying, "I'm peeing in my car seat."

I'll bet you didn't get that PM.[/QUOTE]

Lol I did not. Thank you good sir for the chuckle.

[quote name='IkedaTeramusa']WoW, that Sims deal is nice looking. I was just complaining to the wife that the Sims3 expansion packs are too expensive to catch up.

Edit:

TONY,

The initial problem is there is no real way on Amazon to check how much credit we have that can be used. If you check Amazon there is a couple of links to the discounts you are due but since they cross over (to say Amazon Instant Video) or the like, there is no real way to tell WHAT your $$$$ back should be. i.e. I don't know if I have a 2K $5 discount or a $5 Amazon Instant Cred until I checkout. And in the case of Amazon Instant Video they're one click purchases (which is how I found out about this rigamarole in the first place because it charged me the full price even though it said I had a AIV credit... person on the phone was extremely helpful and I learned some interesting stuff). Problem comes down into the guessing whether or not your credits are applicable to a given purchase.[/QUOTE]

Ah I see, yes, I hate this widget as well and am trying to get it killed. I know we're working on something more robust in 2013. In the meantime, my continued apologies for the lack of clear communication around this. You'll note, we don't use the widget on our (digital video games0pages for the very reasons you cite about.

[quote name='Corpekata']Asked earlier but looks like it might've gotten lost in the shuffle, is there any chance we'll see Syndicate on sale this coming month?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, missed this, nothing planned but I'll pitch it.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='IkedaTeramusa']You guys are vultures. Tony was trying to be nice and people who seagull stuff ruin it for everyone. Next time Tony won't or can't be nice.

Idiots. Everyone wants stuff for free.[/QUOTE]

Yup, it's CheapAss, not DonateToMyAss, Gamer...

[quote name='IkedaTeramusa']You guys are vultures. Tony was trying to be nice and people who seagull stuff ruin it for everyone. Next time Tony won't or can't be nice.

Idiots. Everyone wants stuff for free.[/QUOTE]

Nah, I won't stop being nice...I'll just start reposting "beggy" messages here for everyone's enjoyment.

Buying TSW today for $22.50 vs. tomorrow for $13 + $5.. Is the starter pack stuff worth $4.50? My hunch is that better noob weapons prolly is worth $4.50 until you can twink your new characters.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
FYI again, unless business models change overseas we won't be matching international retailers :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Sorry, from my understanding that seems pretty vague. I have no idea what that means to us consumers.

And I really miss a Mafia / Mafia II pack/sale :bouncy:

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I was going to say when I saw that uhoh.

Yeah might want to pm that next time.

Tony, I might as well ask to make sure:

Viva Big Bundle of Games - $9.99

This was down to (at least) $8.99 previously in the year, at least for the Thanksgiving holiday.

Still holding out on it to see if it makes one last stab at the $8.99 territory.

I know it's just a buck... but it is CAG, after all...

FWIW - I plan to snag everything in this list later (also to get a ton of EC coupons):

Black Mirror II $1.99
Black Mirror III $1.99
Gray Matter $4.99
Alter Ego $1.99
Mystery Adventure Bundle (the above 4 games) $9.99
The Whispered World $1.99
Dark Fall: The Journal $1.99
Dark Fall: Lights Out $1.99
Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder $2.50
Mata Hari $1.99
Cursed Mountain $4.99
Sinking Island $1.99
Nibiru: Age of Secrets $1.99
Aura $1.99
Aura 2: The Sacred Rings $1.99
The Whispered World $1.99
Sentinel: Descendants in Time $1.99
Postmortem $1.99
Syberia II $1.99

The reason it's relevant is that two of those games are in the Viva Big Bundle of Games pack.

[quote name='Seraphym']Buying TSW today for $22.50 vs. tomorrow for $13 + $5.. Is the starter pack stuff worth $4.50? My hunch is that better noob weapons prolly is worth $4.50 until you can twink your new characters.[/QUOTE]
Having played the game, upgrading your early weapons and staying competitive with the zombies and beach monsters was pretty trivial anyway. Getting it now under the 2012 wire might be worth it for the upcoming DLC but I wouldn't call twinkie newbie weapons a reason to do it.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Man, I still have heartburn. Last time I eat tacos at 1 am :whee:[/QUOTE]

Those pink ones are especially killer.. they latch on, suck you for all your money, and leave you in the dust. :p

[quote name='Syntax Error']Having played the game, upgrading your early weapons and staying competitive with the zombies and beach monsters was pretty trivial anyway. Getting it now under the 2012 wire might be worth it for the upcoming DLC but I wouldn't call twinkie newbie weapons a reason to do it.[/QUOTE]

Without playing the game, but reading around I was arriving at this conclusion.

[quote name='The End']Does Amazon still carry Mafia 1? I can't find it in a search.[/QUOTE]

Mafia

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Man, I still have heartburn. Last time I eat tacos at 1 am :whee:
[/QUOTE]

Is there any better time for tacos? (I love tacos.)

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Man, I still have heartburn. Last time I eat tacos at 1 am :whee:[/QUOTE]

Taco Bell actually cures my heartburn...

The other end then burns tho...

[quote name='smurfinaus']Realistically how many EC coupons do people need?. The EC list is still only a page and a bit, and prices don't look too good right now...:/[/QUOTE]

You weren't around last year to witness what happens to that EC list during the entire month of Jan...

Having played the game quite a bit lately,

You don't NEED anything in TSW... you'll eventually earn it. Some of the good stuff is all cosmetic. Issue 5 is a later quest so you won't be missing it early on (especially if you haven't played)

[quote name='smurfinaus']Realistically how many EC coupons do people need?. The EC list is still only a page and a bit, and prices don't look too good right now...:/[/QUOTE]

It's been know to get games rotated through the month of January. Plus the prices shown are not necessarily final (likely will be sales/price matching going on).

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Mafia[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks mate. Don't know why I couldn't find it. It's either because the amazon search kinda sucks, or because I'm an idiot. Or possibly both.

Mafia 1 has been removed from the steam store, so it's possible that Amazon only has a certain amount of keys left for that game. Any chance you might be able to clarify that situation Tony?

[quote name='Seraphym']Buying TSW today for $22.50 vs. tomorrow for $13 + $5.. Is the starter pack stuff worth $4.50? My hunch is that better noob weapons prolly is worth $4.50 until you can twink your new characters.[/QUOTE]

That sounds dumb.

[quote name='The End']Ah, thanks mate. Don't know why I couldn't find it. It's either because the amazon search kinda sucks, or because I'm an idiot. Or possibly both.

Mafia 1 has been removed from the steam store, so it's possible that Amazon only has a certain amount of keys left for that game. Any chance you might be able to clarify that situation Tony?[/QUOTE]

I don't know how I found it a few days ago on Amazon as I was looking to possibly pick it up, because I couldn't repeat the search just now. Google, however, found it right away. Go figure.

[quote name='jamezuva']If anyone wants to use my 2k discount, I will part with it for an additional $2 on top of the cost of the item you want. PM me[/QUOTE]

What a deal! Other people have given away full games in here, but you, sir, are the true saint.

[quote name='KBoom']Sorry, from my understanding that seems pretty vague. I have no idea what that means to us consumers.

And I really miss a Mafia / Mafia II pack/sale :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

i think it may be vaguely implying that not all international sites are legitimate

[quote name='Syntax Error']Having played the game, upgrading your early weapons and staying competitive with the zombies and beach monsters was pretty trivial anyway.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='asheskitty']Without playing the game, but reading around I was arriving at this conclusion.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='IkedaTeramusa']Having played the game quite a bit lately,
You don't NEED anything in TSW... you'll eventually earn it. Some of the good stuff is all cosmetic. Issue 5 is a later quest so you won't be missing it early on (especially if you haven't played)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the replies. After browsing through the horribly overpriced TSW Item Shop I'm going to have to rethink getting TSW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back