Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Spec Ops is way more of a story driven game, but I would never call Borderlands similar to a MMO at all, not to mention I never once had to grind in it.

That said, you can easily get 100 hours out of Borderlands and all the DLC, which is VERY fun played with friends, it's an awesome multiplayer game. Spec Ops? 10 hours, tops. Still Spec Ops is a great game, but the multiplayer is useless.

Spec-Ops multiplayer is useless since nobody seems to be playing it, but I tried it today and wish people did. They made it pretty fun. I wish I could ma the level on my online character, but I doubt I'll ever find that many matches.

I have Tera Online bought from Amazon if anybody is interested. After I bought it I realized it will not work outside of the US no matter what ! :cry:

[quote name='bobphone']Where have all the sales gone :([/QUOTE]
yea, only a few things on sale now, need more sales in EC

[quote name='Larce80']yea, only a few things on sale now, need more sales in EC[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm getting a little nervous :) Even though I 90% probably won't get it, the only thing I'm considering for the next confirmed batch is the Darksiders bundle and that is pretty much because of the paranoia going around with the franchise getting sold.

[quote name='T1BillionX']Hey Tony, maybe we could see a one day deal for Prototype Franchise pack.[/QUOTE]

Hoping it does come back :)

[quote name='Needles-Kane']Yeah, I'm getting a little nervous :) Even though I 90% probably won't get it, the only thing I'm considering for the next confirmed batch is the Darksiders bundle and that is pretty much because of the paranoia going around with the franchise getting sold.[/QUOTE]

Im going to Jump on the Darksiders Franchise this time.What IF someone like Activition bought it. :cry: That will be the end of Darksiders sale. Anyway 8$ is worth for the Darksiders 2 & the DLC :D

[quote name='Trakan']
Repeat offenders will be dealt with.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, more moderator action.

Tony,

The more up-to-date the OP is the better. Then I don't even have to bother reading thru the thread and wondering what is going on, only to realize half the posts have been deleted.

Some of the bundles are showing up as costing more than 100 bucks. I think Amazon's computers are trying for a hostile takeover. Gonna need more than a five dollar credit to bit on those! :p

[quote name='travathian']Oh yeah, more moderator action.

Tony,

The more up-to-date the OP is the better. Then I don't even have to bother reading thru the thread and wondering what is going on, only to realize half the posts have been deleted.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the EA bundle is still missing. (Bulletstorm, Mirrors Edge, etc).

[quote name='heroes159']Can someone plz help me.
Plz tell me how to receive a Amazon credit Gift Card from someone ??[/QUOTE]

Not sure what you are asking for but these are the only options I know:

Amazon gift cards can be sent by email or they can send you the code by some other means but if you're talking about Amazon credit received from a purchase, that is credited to the purchaser's account almost immediately so I don't think there's anyway someone can send it to you.
Now if it's an Amazon gift card offered by another site, it's typically a code as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony, please pricematch Ghost Warrior: Future Recon off the Ubisoft store. Then put it on the EC list. And none of that "overseas" stuff either; they have North American locations and I say it counts. Thanks in advance! ;)

Edit: Hrm, I don't even see it on the site but I could have sworn I saw it there a week or so ago. Maybe I was hallucinating.

[quote name='60fps']Spec-Ops multiplayer is useless since nobody seems to be playing it, but I tried it today and wish people did. They made it pretty fun.[/QUOTE]
The developers of the game famously disavowed the multi-player as shit they were forced by the publisher to tack on because they thought a shooter had to have a MP component.

[quote name='wankerjr']Not sure what you are asking for but these are the only options I know:

Amazon gift cards can be sent by email or they can send you the code by some other means but if you're talking about Amazon credit received from a purchase, that is credited to your account almost immediately.
Now if it's an Amazon gift card offered by another site, it's typically a code as well.[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much for the help. I can understand it now from your post . I was asking about Amazon Gift card :D Not the credit receiving from a purchase. Sorry about my Bad English.

[quote name='mink-e']Submitted the lower price through the website. Hopefully it drops! With EC coupon I'd probably soil myself a little bit during the purchase process.[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing, crossing my fingers!

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']

I need to get to Darksiders too, couldn't pass up on $8.19 for the entire pack. Is finishing 1 crucial to playing 2?

Awaiting Moderator Approval[/QUOTE]

Not really, but 1 is pretty good.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Tony, please pricematch Ghost Warrior: Future Recon off the Ubisoft store. Then put it on the EC list. And none of that "overseas" stuff either; they have North American locations and I say it counts. Thanks in advance! ;)

Edit: Hrm, I don't even see it on the site but I could have sworn I saw it there a week or so ago. Maybe I was hallucinating.
[/QUOTE]

Seconded...and here you go.

Huh, I wonder how I couldn't find that just now. Thanks though!

Edit: LOL, me mangling the hell out of the name probably had something to do with it. Coffee, anyone? :D

[quote name='Syntax Error']Tony, please pricematch Ghost Warrior: Future Recon off the Ubisoft store. Then put it on the EC list. And none of that "overseas" stuff either; they have North American locations and I say it counts. Thanks in advance! ;)

Edit: Hrm, I don't even see it on the site but I could have sworn I saw it there a week or so ago. Maybe I was hallucinating.[/QUOTE]

Amazon doesn't match publisher deals. Since that deal is directly from Ubisoft, I doubt they'd match it.

[quote name='TheHeretic']Hi Tony,

Is there any chance this could be price matched?

Command & Conquer™ The Ultimate Collection - $16.99 (66% off) - offered by GameStop

I would instantly buy it from Amazon![/QUOTE]

Wow somebody actually put a semi-decent price on that pack that wasn't a mistake.

Something kind of tells me with some of the rejiggering or pricing to factor in the EC $5 that's been done on some of these EA games that this won't get PM'ed but we'll see.

That $30 sale earlier in the month was pretty terrible. I'm not sure if it was EA or Amazon being chintzy or both but if it was EA I don't know why they'd refuse to do a lower price for Amazon and then suddenly let Gamestop/Impulse do it a week later.

[quote name='spoderman']Amazon doesn't match publisher deals. Since that deal is directly from Ubisoft, I doubt they'd match it.[/QUOTE]
Someone needs to update the OP(x3) then. It just excludes international retailers and boxed products.

I demand my price match on technicality! :nottalking:

[quote name='spoderman']Amazon doesn't match publisher deals. Since that deal is directly from Ubisoft, I doubt they'd match it.[/QUOTE]

It's also labelled as a "flash deal"

[quote name='shezbot']Main page art work.[/QUOTE]
Link?

(I'm not doubting you; I've just looked at the uPlay site, Ubi site and GW site and don't see it so now I'm curious. My understanding was that the sale was on through the weekend.).

Edit: Never mind, I saw it. "Flash Deal that ends on 1/14/13" :D

[quote name='Syntax Error']Link?

(I'm not doubting you; I've just looked at the uPlay site, Ubi site and GW site and don't see it so now I'm curious. My understanding was that the sale was on through the weekend.).

Edit: Never mind, I saw it. "Flash Deal that ends on 1/14/13" :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah - I'm not sure they know what "flash" means since its on for 4 days. I had used your link

Glad you saw it - I thought I was going crazy

[quote name='menewbe']to anyone that bought the 2K Shooter Pack.. was the Duke Nukem Forever Complete Pack 3 separate keys or just a single key?[/QUOTE]

3 separate keys.

Borderlands is a bit of a First person shooter MMO, fetch quests, kill X guys, look for loot, though I think the more accurate term would be first person shooter dungeon crawler as "massive" implies more than 4 at a time.

[quote name='60fps']Spec-Ops multiplayer is useless since nobody seems to be playing it, but I tried it today and wish people did. They made it pretty fun. I wish I could ma the level on my online character, but I doubt I'll ever find that many matches.[/QUOTE]
Lot of folks bought it over the last couple of weeks, maybe a spec ops night can be arranged. I know there is a coop mode, but have no idea if that levels up your character or just the competitive multiplayer.

It's killing me that the Alice Madness Collection is Origin...I'd be sold in a heartbeat if it was Steam.

I like to keep my distance from Origin...as much so I'd buy a physical copy of Dead Space 3 even though I hate having physical media lying around.

[quote name='mnuttster']It's killing me that the Alice Madness Collection is Origin...I'd be sold in a heartbeat if it was Steam.

I like to keep my distance from Origin...as much so I'd buy a physical copy of Dead Space 3 even though I hate having physical media lying around.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how they are going to handle Dead Space 3 at retail. Box says it requires an internet connection for activation. Don't know if that means they will try to force Origin upon retail buyers? Or it might just be your standard key activation.

[quote name='soulkyo'][quote name='menewbe']to anyone that bought the 2K Shooter Pack.. was the Duke Nukem Forever Complete Pack 3 separate keys or just a single key?[/QUOTE]3 separate keys.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the reply, though I'm wondering why I was just sent what looks like a single key instead.
Here's what it shows up as
Untitled.jpg
I was hoping for separate keys as I already own the base game

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I'm not sure how they are going to handle Dead Space 3 at retail. Box says it requires an internet connection for activation. Don't know if that means they will try to force Origin upon retail buyers? Or it might just be your standard key activation.[/QUOTE]

You guys are kidding yourself. It will require Origin.

Just like Mass Effect 3 and Syndicate both of which I bought retail last year. Installs from disk but requires Origin

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I'm not sure how they are going to handle Dead Space 3 at retail. Box says it requires an internet connection for activation. Don't know if that means they will try to force Origin upon retail buyers? Or it might just be your standard key activation.[/QUOTE]

That's what scares me...I've tried to get an answer from Amazon CS on whether or not the download option for DS3 is Steam or Origin since DS 1 & 2 are on Steam.

But my guess is since it's not stated, it's most likely Origin.

My hope is that with the physical version, I can opt out of having to redeem it on Origin or just self install it.

I'd hate to get the physical one and have to Origin redeem it, which eliminates any possibility of resale or any real reason to buy physical media anymore...

[quote name='mnuttster']It's killing me that the Alice Madness Collection is Origin...I'd be sold in a heartbeat if it was Steam.

I like to keep my distance from Origin...as much so I'd buy a physical copy of Dead Space 3 even though I hate having physical media lying around.[/QUOTE]

Well if you don't absolutely need the first game (and it hasn't aged well). Alice:TMR has been cheap a number of times on Steam and usually goes on sale every big sale they have there.

Plus you can still take the key you get for it on Steam and register it on Origin if you want as a backup. :p

[quote name='Motoki']Well if you don't absolutely need the first game (and it hasn't aged well). Alice:TMR has been cheap a number of times on Steam and usually goes on sale every big sale they have there.

Plus you can still take the key you get for it on Steam and register it on Origin if you want as a backup. :p[/QUOTE]

I figured the original from 2000 would play just like playing N64 games today...not good unless it's Mario Kart.

TMR will probably end up cheap next Steam sale so I might wait.

[quote name='Motoki']Well if you don't absolutely need the first game (and it hasn't aged well). Alice:TMR has been cheap a number of times on Steam and usually goes on sale every big sale they have there.

Plus you can still take the key you get for it on Steam and register it on Origin if you want as a backup. :p[/QUOTE]

Ugh that bums me out to hear that it hasn't aged well and it won't activate on Steam. The story intrigues me so I was kind of looking forward to playing it.

[quote name='menewbe']thanks for the reply, though I'm wondering why I was just sent what looks like a single key instead.
Here's what it shows up as
Untitled.jpg
I was hoping for separate keys as I already own the base game[/QUOTE]

Have you tried pressing the View product key button?. I didn't buy a shooter pack myself but I did buy it from a fellow CAG that bought it and he sent me 3 keys. Maybe, they set it to 1 key only later. :whistle2:k

I don't remember the original Alice being good in terms of innovated gameplay. It was interesting at the time due to its artstyle and "twisted" storyline on a classic story. Don't know when Alice Complete is coming (if ever) to Steam so I don't mind Origin since it isn't any more inconvient compared to steam.

[quote name='zennoux']What's the problem with Origin?[/QUOTE]

Nothing, its just not Steam so people hate on it because they prefer their collection on 1 account.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I need to get to Darksiders too, couldn't pass up on $8.19 for the entire pack. Is finishing 1 crucial to playing 2?[/QUOTE]

Finishing Darksiders 1 is not as important since Darksiders 2 runs parallel to Darksiders 1. It's basically while War was imprisoned after the events of the first 10 minutes of Darksiders 1 Death is trying right things. Darksiders 2 will end up spoiling the ending to Darksiders 1, but I promise you that it won't ruin either game for you. I myself only played the intro to Darksiders 1, then played Darksiders 2, then went back and played Darksiders 1.

[quote name='wtsutton']Some of the bundles are showing up as costing more than 100 bucks. I think Amazon's computers are trying for a hostile takeover. Gonna need more than a five dollar credit to bit on those! :p[/QUOTE]

The bundle costs more than the individual price!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back